LIVE OUR OWN LIVES.... (KISEOP'S PART)

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 7:

LIVE OUR OWN LIVES.... (KISEOP'S PART)

 

 

It’s getting darker and darker. Kiseop took heavy steps to his home. Finally he arrived home tiredly. Stepping into his house, he couldn’t help but be taken aback by the view which was in front of his eyes. Almost everything in his house was packed and his mother was crying and cleaning his father’s photo before putting it into one of the boxes.

“Mommy, what happened?” he asked running to his mother. He knelt down in front of her holding her shaky hands.

“Kiseop, I’m sorry… I can’t keep our house anymore…” she answered between sniffles.

“But why?” Kiseop asked still in shock.

“Today the creditors suddenly came and demanded payment for our debts immediately. If we didn’t do as they said, they would not let us live in peace.” She said. Her tears fell down from the corners of her watery eyes.

“Why did they do that all of a sudden? We paid them monthly!” Kiseop said standing up angrily.

“I don’t know, son. But they were very violent. They almost destroyed our home.” She explained pulling her son into her lap to calm him down.

“Did they hit you?” Kiseop asked looking his mother from head to toe to check if she had any wound.

“No, dear. I told them to stop before I called the police.” She said kiseop’s hair.

“Then what happened?” Kiseop asked looking up his mother.

“They left. But before getting out of our house completely, they threatened that we shouldn’t make today be the end of our life.” She said shivering from the scary memory.

“Those bastards!” Kiseop murmured clenching his fist.

“I was so scared son. So the only thing that I came up with was…” she couldn’t finish the sentence.

“Selling this house?” Kiseop asked in disbelief. His eyes were filled with anger and reproach. He turned away not wanting to face his mother.

“I’m sorry. Sorry. I know this house means so much to you. But it’s the only way. We can’t even afford to live properly!” she apologized to her son repeatedly. Hot tears streamed down her cheeks nonstop.

After a while of silence, Kiseop turned around facing his mother. He held her hands looking straight into her eyes.

“I’m sorry, mom.”

“For what?”

“For being angry with you when all you did was for our sake.” He wiped tears away from her pale face with his small hands.

“Don’t worry, son. I had already known that you would react like that. So it’s forgivable.” She smiled tenderly.

“MOM. I will take it back and we will come back to live here again. SOMEDAY. I promise.” He said with his most determined voice.

“I always believe in you and your ability.” She hugged him tightly. Kiseop hugged his mother back. He set up his heart on this promise and he wouldn’t go back on his words.

 

After a while, they both stood up and started to pack up everything. Their few clothes were folded neatly. They didn’t have much stuff so packing up didn’t take them long. When Kiseop was cleaning up, it suddenly dawned on him that this whole thing was because of Kevin’s father. They must be the ones that pushed him and his mother to this impasse. That was why they let him go that easily. Kiseop would rather be hit badly than lose his memorial house. He regretted not going home earlier so that he could somehow help his mother. He blamed himself for everything. Clenching his fist in defeat, he looked at his poor mother. He knew that it was too late. Everything was done. Therefore, all he could do was trying his best to take back everything. He would make that someday!

 

That night the two of them lied on the bed which used to be Kiseop’s family heaven and had a last sleep on it. The day after, they had to leave the place they loved most. Kiseop was held in his mother’s embrace. She his hair gently and sang him a lullaby to sleep. Everything in this house which used to be full of laughter and loving sounds was extremely quiet making her voice resound all over the house. That was such a heartbreaking melody! Both of them fell asleep in mountains of worries. But in their minds and hearts, hopes and love always existed.

Would there be that someday?.........

 

The following morning, Kiseop and his mother left the house. The creditors satisfyingly received the money they had from selling the house. As they said, they hadn’t annoyed them ever since. Kiseop and his mother had paid all their debts so from now on, all they had to do was to earn for a living. This was one of the good things that they received, to look on the bright side.

That day, they spent all time to find a place to live. But with their little money, they weren’t able to find a house. They ended up moving in a slum area which was near their house. As it was called, the place was so dirty and in really bad condition. However they somehow managed to reside in there. To talk about the neighbors, some of them were really kind and friendly. But not everyone, some were very aggressive and had bad habits and jobs such as robbers, scoundrels… Kiseop’s mother was afraid that he could be affected by bad people. She sent him to a good primary school nearby despite its expensive fees.

Although Kiseop had convinced her that he wouldn’t become bad and expressed that he wanted to leave school and start to earn money many times, she never allowed. To her, Kiseop was everything. She could do anything for him, even giving up her life. So Kiseop’s future was her most concern. The last time, Kiseop asked her to leave school, she smacked him hard in his face. But Kiseop never blamed her for that, he even loved her more and more. He realized that knowledge was the most stable way to have a good future and make his dream come true. Since then, he used all his might to study well. He never failed to make his mother proud. Besides being a good student and a filial son, he was a nice person too. Everyone that knew him somewhat got his help. A warm aura always surrounded him.

Time passed by, daily life made Kiseop’s nostalgia about Kevin somehow subside. But Kevin never got out of his heart because he had already occupied an important position in Kiseop’s heart. Although Kiseop had good relationship with many people, he never found a person like Kevin. To Kiseop, Kevin was the most irreplaceable person if his mother wasn’t counted. He always waited for the day he takes back his house and the day he meets Kevin again……

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY AND PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!!