BIRTHDAY PARTY……

JOURNEY TO HAPPINESS

CHAP 26: BIRTHDAY PARTY……

 

 

Kiseop didn’t have much time to think more about how to react since Jaeseop already jumped to where he was standing.

“Kiseop! You haven’t forgotten!” Jaeseop exclaimed happily.

“Forget what?” Kevin asked confusedly.

“Actually, today is my birthday!” Jaeseop said brightly clinging onto Kiseop’s arm.

“Why don’t you tell me?” Kevin said feeling hurt a little.

“You have done a lot for me already.” Jaeseop mumbled.

“Don’t you see me as a friend?” Kevin asked approaching Jaeseop.

“I’m sorry. I won’t hide any more secrets from you.” Jaeseop apologized dropping Kiseop’s arm to hold Kevin’s shoulders.

The moment his arm was dropped unintentionally, Kiseop couldn’t help but feel somewhat cold and anxious. But he could feel that Jaeseop and Kevin again fell into their own world and he was forgotten. Kiseop didn’t like that feeling to be honest. However on the second thought, this might be good since Jaeseop and Kevin were getting on this well and they were happy with that. He should just ignore his uncomfortable feelings and support his two best friends for their sake.

“Hyung, what do you bring here?” Kevin asked looking down at the bags on the ground.

Kiseop was snapped out of his trance by Kevin’s question. He looked down and remembered the reason why he came here.

“Ah, of course I bring something to hold a birthday party!” Kiseop answered pretending to be normal despite the complicated feelings in his heart.  

“Yay! Thank you!” Jaeseop jumped in happiness.

“Let’s go inside. We aren’t going to stand here all night, are we?” Kevin butted in.

“You’re right.” Jaeseop said pulling Kiseop inside while Kevin picked up the bags.

After Jaeseop the light, they all sat down on the floor and took out Kiseop’s things in the bag. There were a lot of snacks, drinks and a small cake. Unfortunately the cake didn’t seem like itself anymore. It looked like a cream mess! Kiseop frowned at the current image of the cake he had been choosing for an hour!

“Sorry, Jae. It looks terrible.” Kiseop said with a pouty face.

“It’s okay. As long as it belongs to you.” Jaeseop replied brightly.

“So cheesy!” Kevin complained.

“What? I said it from the bottom of my heart!” Jaeseop retorted.

“Way too cheesy!” Kevin whined again making Jaeseop pout.

Kiseop looked at the others then sighed secretly. He felt so confused right now. However he reminded himself that today was Jaeseop’s birthday, he had to be happy and cheer for Jaeseop up. So he dropped his thoughts and feelings there to enjoy himself with his friends.

Kevin helped light up a candle on the cake. They started to sing Happy birthday song to Jaeseop. The birthday boy kept smiling widely all the time as he thought of how lucky he was to have these good friends. Kiseop told Jaeseop to make a wish as they finished the song. Jaeseop closed his eyes and clasped his hands together. He mentally made a wish. This year his wish was different with the last few years. The reason was pretty obvious. He had a new friend that now became an important part of his life.

After that he blew the candle and cut the cake into many pieces so that they could share them. Kevin looked at the cake then slapped his forehead as if he remembered something.

“What’s wrong, Kev?” Kiseop asked concernedly.

“I forgot my driver’s number.” Kevin answered.

“Why do you need it?” Jaeseop said while chewing the cake.

“I need to buy Jaeseop a present.” Kevin answered honestly.

“You don’t need to. You have helped me a lot already.” Jaeseop said quickly almost choking on his words.

“But I want to.” Kevin insisted.

“Then I won’t accept your present.” Jaeseop said firmly making Kevin to look disappointed and keep silent.

“Seoppie, why did you drop your bags and ruin this poor cake?” Jaeseop quickly changed the subject as he noticed how awkward they were now.

“Because I was so shocked.” Kiseop answered simply.

“Why?” Jaeseop asked.

“It’s me to ask now. Why haven’t you told me that you can sleep at night again?” Kiseop asked back surprising Jaeseop.

“Since he still can’t sleep at night completely, we decided to tell you later.” Kevin answered feeling a bit guilty for hiding Kiseop.

“But you still have to tell me. I’m your friend and your hyung as well.” Kiseop said feeling really hurt for that.

“I’m sorry, Seoppie. We didn’t mean to hide you.” Jaeseop apologized quietly.

“Yah, you two. It’s my birthday today! Don’t you remember? First was Kevin accusing me of not telling him about my birthday. Now is Kiseop accusing me of hiding him about me sleeping at night!” Jaeseop screamed louder than he planned.

Without expecting, Kiseop and Kevin flashed to Jaeseop and hugged him tight at the same time.

“I’m sorry. I won’t accuse you of anything more.” They both said making Jaeseop chuckle.

“Alright, I’ll forgive you two. Now let’s finish this party.” Jaeseop exclaimed contently. He wasn’t mad at all. He just said that so the others could spare him.

They let go of Jaeseop and resumed their party. Eating, drinking, teasing and chatting were all they did. Nothing was special, just some random things that they did every day. But Jaeseop still felt that today was so memorable. It was like today he officially had a new family, his second family with Kiseop and Kevin as its members.

Tiredness quickly took over the boys. They turned off the light then climbed on one bed together. Jaeseop was lying between Kiseop and Kevin. He dozed off in the others’ warm embraces. Kiseop and Kevin followed him not long later. To each of them, the others were just like a special light that brought them to this special night. They all enjoyed it so much that smiles never left their lips in their beautiful sleep.

 

 

In the midnight, Kevin woke up from his sleep as one of his habit. He was used to this because of Jaeseop’s nightmare. Like usual, he quietly got out of bed then prepared a towel and a cup of water. Sitting beside the bed, he waited for Jaeseop to wake up.

Strangely fifteen minutes had passed and Jaeseop hadn’t woken up yet. Kevin hopefully kept on waiting but wished that his friend wouldn’t wake up tonight.

Half an hour had passed and there was still no sign of Jaeseop waking up. Kevin patiently carried on his process.   

An hour had passed and Jaeseop hadn’t woken up yet. He hadn’t mumbled in his sleep either. Kevin was quite sure that Jaeseop wouldn’t wake up. As he looked around and was about to stand up to pick up the trash they had left earlier in the party, Kiseop woke up too. Kiseop blinked his eyes a few times to adapt to the darkness. He quickly found out that Kevin had already got up. Kevin was going to tell him to get back to sleep but Kiseop just climbed out of bed as slightly as he could leaving the boy sitting on the floor confused.

“Why don’t you get back to sleep?” Kevin asked as Kiseop took a seat next to him.

“Kev, why do you get up so soon? It’s just midnight.” Kiseop asked back worriedly.

The asked boy told Kiseop the whole story of his every night with Jaeseop. Kiseop finally understood everything and that Kevin woke up like this was just a habit of his.

“Jaeseop mightn’t wake up tonight.” Kevin said happily.  

 “Yup. Thanks to your hard attempts.” Kiseop said feeling as happy as Kevin was.

“I think it’s because of your appearance today.” Kevin said quietly.

“Normally if I sleep with him, he will wake up anytime I wake up. But you see. I have already got up and he is still sleeping soundly. All the credit should go to you.” Kiseop said honestly.

“I don’t know. But it seems that Jaeseop’s problem is solved, isn’t it?” Kevin ended brightly. He had been waiting for this day for quite long. So hiding his happiness now was almost impossible.

Kevin stood up and gathered all the garbage while Kiseop was doing the same. Not long later the room was completely clean. Kevin yawned tiredly preparing to go to sleep again. But he was stopped by the wrist and pulled back.

“Let him sleep alone.” Kiseop said.

“Why?” Kevin asked back still thinking of the reason.

“To check if he can sleep without you now.” Kiseop answered sounding a bit fishy.

“Uh, okay.” Kevin agreed since the other’s answer was really logical.

Kiseop pulled Kevin to the opposite bed. They then lied down together. It had been a long time since they really had time alone. It wasn’t that they didn’t like Jaeseop or something like that but still they had their own problems. The silence soon took over the atmosphere surrounding them. Both wanted to break it but neither of them knew how.

“How did you and Jaeseop know each other?” Kevin was the one to start first.

“A few years ago…” Kiseop began smiling at the memory.

 

 

A/N: Fast update!!!!!!!!! Do you like it and wait for Jaeseop's past in the upcoming chapters!!!!!!!!!!!

 

HOPE YOU ENJOY READING AND PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP SUPPORTING UKISS <3333333333333