Two

Every Day with You

Haewon, Jisoo, and Areum arrive at a small restaurant in Itaewon. “Aigoo, my favorite customers are here!” an old lady approaches them, “Ahjumma, the regular foods please.” Haewon says and the old lady nods. “I’ll come back to you very soon,” she disappears to her kitchen. This small restaurant sells snacks and the four of them love to go here since junior high school.

“Why are the seniors aren’t allowed to participate in various activities? I mean, it’s just a tournament,” Jisoo wonders, “They have a lot of things going on, you know like SAT and things. That’s a lot of things to do. You know the drill,” Areum says while playing with her phone. “But … Ah ….” Jisoo sighs and Haewon looks at her, “Soo, you told us you’re over him!” Haewon says and Areum puts her phone down. “But still …. It’s Jinyoung …. I mean … Come on, you do understand.” Jisoo buries her face with her bag on the table and her friends just laugh at her. “Jinyoung is a jerk, admit it.” Areum says, “Yeah, what kind of guy dump a girl just because you choose Big Bang over him. He’s a jerk,” Haewon agrees with Areum. “Yeah, a handsome jerk …” Jisoo smiles by herself, her two friends just shake their heads.

“Handsome my ,” Haewon spats and they laugh together.

Soon their foods arrive and they dig up as if they haven’t eaten for five days. “I think ahjumma cooks better than my mom,” Areum says while digging up her ddukbogi, “Hey, you never eat her cooks.” Jisoo accuses her. “Well, the last time she cooks for me was when I was three years old. It was porridge and eggs, lovely childhood.” Areum rolls her eyes, “Well, I haven’t seen my mom for four years. Embrace it, dude.” Haewon says to them. “Oh, mind if I crash to your place this weekend? My parents are out of town and Junsu is inviting his friends for a pool party. I swear I’m going to die deaf by the next morning,” Jisoo pleads to Haewon with puppy eyes. “Yeah, come over. You don’t have to ask,” Haewon says in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Lucky you, I want to live alone too …..” Jisoo says, “Well ask your mom to go back to work. You’ll live alone by then,” Areum scoffs. “No offense but I love my mom’s cook,” Jisoo says and Areum hits her in the forehead. “Living alone is not a bad idea, except when there’s a cockroach.” Haewon says and her friends laugh.


Sehun walks off the bus and entered a nice neighborhood in Apgujeong. He walks into house and knock the door.

“Finally,” Taemin shows up and he let the latter in. “You’re sleeping over?” Taemin asks Sehun while they’re walking to the living room where Jongin and Kyungsoo are. “Yeah, still have my t-shirts in your closet right?” Sehun asks and Taemin nods. “Hey, choose one movie.” Jongin demands while Sehun is setting up his seat on the sofa, “What are the choices?”Sehun asks.

“The Avengers, Avengers: AoU, Winter Soldier, Civil War, Iron Man 3.” Kyungsoo answers, “The Avengers, classic.” Sehun answers. “Great, now where’s the popcorn?” Jongin wonders with a loud sound so that Taemin can hear him. “Shut up, you’re not the one who’s in the kitchen.” Taemin comes with two big bowl of popcorns.

“How’s basketball?” Taemin asks after Kyungsoo plays the movie, “Same old, how the hell you move to soccer and leave me with Sehun?” Jongin asks while hugging the popcorn bowl for him and Kyungsoo. “Because it’s fun, I’m better at soccer than basketball.” Taemin shrugs, “You guys play as a starter or bench in the tournament?” Kyungsoo asks while still watching the movie. “Sehun might will, I might not.” Jongin teases his best friend, “Yeah, whatever. Minwoo is as strong as a steel,” Sehun claims. “You do know that a tournament will change every single player on the court, the last match you had during junior high school almost cost you an ankle.” Kyungsoo recounts with a matter-of-fact tone. His friends gape at him,

“Remind me how the hell did you enter the debate club?”


Haewon enters her apartment and the lights turn on by itself. She takes a carton of milk from her fridge. She heads to the living room and turns on her television, “Ok Google, what’s the weather in New York?” Haewon asks while watching the television.

The weather is sunny, the current time is 5:15 in New York.

Haewon sighs and unlocks her phone to send a text,

How are you mom? Good work today,’ she press ‘send’ and leaves her phone on the coffee table.


Sehun settles down on the extra bed in Taemin’s room, he takes out his phone and plugs in his earphone. He closes his eyes and dozes off to dream while listening to a song,

‘It’s alright if you run out of breath.

No one will blame you.

It’s okay to make mistakes sometimes’

⇒ Sorry but I want this chapter to be short , just want to make you guess a litte:)
Thank you for two new subs, please do leave a comment:(
The song is Lee Hi's 'Breathe'