One

Every Day with You

“Haewon, are you coming?”

A girl with long hair and grey sweater opens her eyes. She rubs her eyes and looks around to see that her other classmates has left the class. The period has ended a couple minutes earlier, only some of the students that are still in the classroom.

“Nah, I pass.”

Haewon says and her friends bid their goodbye before leaving the class. She takes out her earphone from her desk’s locker and a sandwich from her bag. She walks out of the class while opening the plastic wrap around the sandwich. “Hey Haewon!” some people greet her and she smiles back at them, “Don’t forget the practice after school.” a girl says to her and she nods her head. She walks to the end of the corridor and walk up the stairs that heading to the rooftop.

Son Haewon is a junior at Hanhwa Senior High School from class 1-A. Although she’s a junior, she is one of the core member of the school’s cheerleading team. She is nice and outgoing, her friends love her for being cheery and funny. She is sort of the clown of the class. Some days she prefers spending her break time on the school’s rooftop. The rooftop is not just a rooftop but a rooftop garden, that’s why Haewon loves it.

She arrives at the rooftop and decides to sit on one of the benches. It’s 10 a.m so the sun is not that hot and the air is still fresh. Haewon pulls out her earphone to listen to some music while eating her sandwich. She’s all alone in the rooftop and she likes it, she’s not a loner but the breeze in the rooftop never fails her to take little nap. She found out about the rooftop a few weeks after she started studying in Hanhwa. Since then, she prefers having a lunch on the rooftop as not a lot of people (or even nobody) goes to the rooftop during lunch time. The rooftop is also the only place where teachers won’t check on their student’s phone activity because she loves listening to music while dozing off to sleep.

Half an hour later, the bell rings and Haewon opens her eyes. “The first bell …” she looks at the watch in her phone. She turned off her phone and sits straight up before finally walking down the stair to the corridor.

“Where have you been? Sleeping?”

One of her friends, Eunyoung, asks Haewon who just enters the classroom. “Yeah, you know I love sleeping.” Haewon jokes and her friends laugh. “Miyoung-sunbaenim asked for you in the cafeteria, she said she’s changing the main pyramid.” Jisoo says and Haewon quickly furrows her eyebrows while taking out her books from the locker underneath her desk. “You’re in the main pyramid, holding her legs up in the air.” Areum continues Jisoo’s sentences. “And you guys?” Haewon opens her sweater and makes it her pillow. “Side pyramids, the other seniors are doing some split or arabesque in the air.” Eunyoung shrugs her shoulders, “Lovely right?” Areum jokes and Haewon just laughs. “It’s English right?” Haewon asks while setting up her ‘pillow’ made by her books and sweater.

“Have a nice dream,” Jisoo pats her hair like she’s patting a puppy and Arem just shakes her head. The teacher comes in and the lesson begins. Haewon sits at the back in the corner, Jisoo is in front of her meanwhile Arem is right beside her and Eunyoung is in front Areum. She loves sitting in the back, because she can sleep anytime she wants. But some teachers has a very sharp eyes, like Ms.Nam who teaches English.

“So, what’s the difference between the first conditional and the second conditional, Haewon?” she looks at the back seats and the other students are waiting for Haewon’s answer. Haewon quickly sits straight, “Conditional one is true and possible meanwhile conditional two is untrue or imaginary in the present or future.” Haewon answers and Ms.Nam nods approvingly. “That’s right, so ….” Ms.Nam begins to explains it again to the class meanwhile Haewon goes back to sleep.


“20-14!”

The basketball teams are practicing in the basketball court. A tall boy is catching his breath, “Good job Sehun! Keep it up!” the coach says from the side court. “You’re a great shooting guard,” Sehun looks up and finds his senior pats his shoulder. “Thanks, hyung.” Sehun says and a couple minutes later the practice is over.

“Great job guys, tournament is coming up really soon so I need you all in good shape. I’ll keep the starting line but since Minwoo injured his ankle, I need you, Sehun, to be his substitute. Okay?” the coach says and all the playes nods their heads while trying to catch their breath. “That’s all, see you tomorrow.” everyone goes to the locker room to shower and change clothes.

“You’re going straight home?”

Sehun looks to his left where his friend, Jongin is. “No, I have to check up on something. Why?” he asks back. “Just asking, me and Kyungsoo are going to Taemin’s house. You’re not coming?” Jongin asks him again, “I’ll catch up with you late, I guess.” Sehun shrugs and heads to the shower room first.

“Hey Sehun, you’re doing great out there. Starting lineup after the tour over maybe?” a senior says to Sehun and he just laughs it off, “Thanks sunbae, I don’t think so. There’s a lot of great players other than me.” he says again while washing his hair. The conversation in the shower room continues until everyone is done.

Oh Sehun is also a junior in Hanhwa Senior High School. He’s a great basketball player and was a captain back in junior high school. He is a typical heartthrob in school, he might be a junior but a lot of people know him and his friends. Kim Jongin, Do Kyungsoo, and Lee Taemin are his friends. They went to the same junior high school and knows each other since diapers. There’s only two things that he loves:  playing basketball and Golden State Warriors.


“Six, seven, eight!”

The cheerleading team makes the final pose. The brown haired girl smiles from the top of the pyramid, “Done!” they all let down all the members and clap their hands. “That’s amazing girls! The tournament is in a couple weeks and I’m sure we’ll nail it. Stay healthy and don’t forget the exercises every night. Sophomores, it’s your last chance so kill it!” Miyoung says cheerfully and the girls clap excitedly. “Alright, see you tomorrow!” the girls start to leave the practice room while talking to one another.

“Haewon, nice job!” Miyoung says and Haewon smiles at her, “Thank you sunbaenim, you did too.” She says back. “Anyway, since this is going to be my last year, I was hoping you could take the lead for the team.” Miyoung says casually while changing her shoes, “What?” Haewon stops tidying up her stuff. “You’ll do great, we loves you.” Miyoung smiles and her trademark eye-smile shows, “Miyoung!” Minwoo shows up by the door and Miyoung looks at his direction.

“Talk to you later,” Miyoung pats Haewon’s shoulder and leave with Minwoo, his boyfriend.

“Well, that is something.” Jisoo comes up by her side, “What is something?” Haewon zips up her bag and the four of them walks out of the room. “She just asked you to be the next leader dude! Come on, that is huge!” Eunyoung says and Haewon just laghs it off. “I don’t know, I’m not that kind of person. You know, people rarely takes me seriously.” Haewon shrugs, “Come on, don’t be so little. You’re great,” Areum supports her. Haewon knows that her friends are supportive, they’re like sisters for her. “Thanks mom,” Haewon looks at Areum and the latter rolls her eyes.

“Whatever, who’s up for a round of ddukbogi and ramen at ahjumma?” Areum offers them excitedly. “What? Again?” Eunyoung says in disbelief as they are walking out of the school’s building, “I’m in, Haewon?” Jisoo raises her right hand as if she’s going to answer a teacher’s question. “You know I always do,” Haewon high-five with Jisoo, “You sure you’re sitting this one out?” Haewon asks Eunyoung who still contemplating whether she should come with them or not. “You should have planned this beforehand, I—“ Eunyoung is cut off by a motorcycle’s horn.

“Yo, sister.”

Eunyoung rolls her eyes and points at the guy in the motorcycle, “See? My chauffeur is here already,” she says and walks to the guy.

“What the hell are you doing? I’ve been waiting for like an hour, you said you’ll be finished by five.” the guy on the bike says and Eunyoung just chuckles. “Aigoo, our Eunwoo is here waiting for me huh?” Eunyoung makes her voice like a kid and Eunwoo, who are going to give her a helm, stops.

“Don’t act cute, I’m on an empty stomach.”

Eunyoung takes the helm from his hand and grunts at him, “Hey Eunwoo,” Haewon greets Eunwoo who waves at the three. “You guys practice a lot lately,” Eunwoo says while waiting for Eunyoung to use her jacket and helm. “Yeah, tournament is coming up really soon. You know the drill,” Areum says, “Yeah, I bet Eunyoung is all over the place. You should know she always let me do the chores if she comes home late.” Eunwoo mocks Eunyoung who just get on the bike.

“Don’t be stupid, I can hit boys.”

Eunyoung gets ready to hit him and the others just laugh. “See you guys later,” Eunwoo bids goodbye, “See you tomorrow!” Eunyoung waves at them before instantly shouting at the driver because he suddenly speed up.

“WHAT THE HELL”

The two of them already leave the three and Eunwoo’s laughter can be heard.

“Thank God they go to separate school,” Areum mutters, “Can you imagine the twins in the same school?” Jisoo wonders while frowning. “God bless their parents for separating their school, let’s go. It’s almost dark,” Haewon says and they all leave for the ahjumma place.


Sehun stand on the rooftop, he watches Haewon and the others walking out of the school and then looks at the view from the rooftop. He smiles and look around the garden rooftop.

He found his new hiding place.

It's sweet_lava here:)
Sorry for the late update, been trying to find a way to write this chapter~ Incase you're wondering, Eunyoung and Eunwoo are twins.
Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe!:D
Oh, merry xmas and happy new year!