Three

Every Day with You

Haewon opens her eyes and look at the time on her phone,

“3:40, what the hell ….” she mutters while putting down her phone to the table beside her ball armchair. She has been awake for hours with no sign of falling asleep or sleepy at all. She puts the novel on her lap aside and walks to the kitchen. The lights turn on by themselves as she passes through them. She heat up water in her boiler and then pull out something from her cabinet. “I guess this is not working anymore,” she sighs while looking at the small bottle in her hands. She throws the empty bottle to the trash bin. She takes a mug and sachet of cocoa.

Three in the morning is not the nicest time for any human being to stay awake. This is the moment that Haewon hates the most. It’s the moment when everyone is falling asleep except her. It’s always been like that and she hates it. It feels like the world is against her.

Haewon sees that the water has boils so she pours the boiling water and mix the cocoa powder. She stirs the spoon while walking to the living room where there’s a big window and let her see the full view of Seoul. Her apartment is in a hill so she can see Seoul’s night view. The city lights are blinking, she has been watching this view for years. It still feels odd for her, even after all these years. Haewon takes a sip of her hot cocoa before walking back to her bedroom. She sits back in her ball armchair and puts her mug on the table to continue her reading, hoping she’ll fall asleep soon.


Eunyoung enters the classroom while munching on her Nutella sandwich, she grumpily sits on her seat. Haewon and the others look at her, “Does having a twin brother is always this annoying? Gosh, I wish I was the older twin.” Eunyoung hisses. Haewon is the first one who laugh, “Oh, come on. He’s not that bad,” she says while continues to drink her canned coffee. “Yeah, right. Wait until he throw you to the pool in the morning, he’s an evil twin.” Eunyoung argues while shaking her head in disagreement towards Haewon’s statement.

“He is a savage brother, you realize that right?” Areum laughs with Jisoo and Haewon, “Oh, practice after school in the basketball court. Mr.Kwon let us to practice in the real court during their breaks, Miyoung told me this morning.” Jisoo announces the news to them. “Well, let’s just hope that the floor won’t be slippery. That would be ,” Areum crosses her fingers.

The bell rings and the students sit in their seat, “Really? Chemistry in this early morning?” Eunyoung grunts. “It’s fun, trust me.” Haewon claims that makes Eunyoung creates a duck face. “At least it’s not Physics, be grateful. Mr.Lim’s storytelling specialty will befriend my drowsiness.” Areum yawns and then try to open her eyes to focus. “I’ve offer to buy you a coffee, you resist.” Haewon says while taking out her books from her bags. “I didn’t know that dealing with Wonho’s craft will cost me my sleep. What happen to middle school these days? They sure are killing the students,” Areum wonders. “What craft did you make last night?” Jisoo asks Areum who still trying to find the page that their teacher is explaining, Areum looks at Jisoo with smug face

“Trojan horse” she answers

“The hell,” Jisoo made a confused face and back to focus on her study.


Sehun put back his sweater and stretches for a while, “Hey, you’re coming or not?”Jongin asks from the door. Sehun shakes his head, “Nah, I’ll pass. You guys can go,” he answers while taking out his phone. “Alright, see ya!” Taemin says, he leaves with Kyungsoo and Jongin to the cafeteria. Sehun exits the class and heads to the stair in the corner of the floor. He walks up to the rooftop and decided to sit in a bench that has a pole beside it so he can lean on it.

Sehun sits on one of a bench and takes out his earphone to listen to some music. He then lean on a pole and close his eyes. Sehun has this kind of hiding place back in his junior high school day, he used to go to his old school’s rooftop and stay there during breaks or self-studying times. Whenever practices are over, he would sit on the rooftop and stares at blank space. Now, he has found another place for his hiding place. His friends know that he will be up in the rooftop but they won’t disturb him. There are hardly any students in the rooftop. His old school has no garden in the rooftop but this one have, it makes him calmer somehow.

He was having his me-time until someone stands beside him,

“Oh, I thought no one was here.”

Sehun looks up and see a girl furrowing her brows. He instantly put his legs down from the bench and takes off one earphone, “Oh, sorry.” he apologizes to her. “It’s okay, there’s a lot of bench in this rooftop.” she laughs and goes to the other bench. Sehun stares at the girl who casually sits on the other bench and eats her lunch. He used to be all alone in the rooftop and now there’s another person who most likely has the same habit as him.

“Is there anything wrong?” the girl asks Sehun as he accidentally stares at her for way too long.

“Ah, no. Nothing’s wrong.” he answers and put his earphones back. But then something is bothering him, he doesn’t know what. After contemplating a couple of minutes, he finally pulls out his right earplug again and looks at the girl who is closing her eyes. Sehun mentally hisses and is going to put back his earphone when the girl talks to him. “You seem a bit distracted, am I disturbing you here?” she asks and opens her eyes.

“No, it’s just ….” Sehun scratches his back and the girl laughs, “Son Haewon, class 1-1. Nice to meet you,” she smiles at him. “Oh Sehun, class 1-3. Likewise,” he says, there’s a moment of silence between them.

“So, what are you doing here?” Haewon asks Sehun, “Just searching for a place to be alone, I guess?” he answers. “What about you?” he asks her back, “Like you, I love being alone in the rooftop.” she answers him and then looks at her shoes timidly. “Will I be seeing you often then?” Sehun asks her as he stands up, “Maybe…? We’ll see that,” she stands up too and the two of them leave the rooftop together. “Pleasure to meet you,” she says and leaves him by walking faster to her class which is closer than his class.


The cheerleading team is practicing in the regular practice room without Miyoung, “I’ve never seen the basketball players from our grade. Are they handsome?” Eunyoung wonders. “Me neither, the sophomores are still dominating the whole basketball thingy until the tournament is over.” Jisoo adds, “Well, we might have the first look today.” Haewon says while nodding her chin to the direction where Miyoung is walking towards them.

“So, the team is on a break. The coach say we can use it for a couple minutes,” Miyoung excitedly says, the girls gradually leave the practice room and go to the basketball court.

“Hey, you’re going to practice here?” Minwoo asks them while wiping his sweat, “Yeah, mind if we interrupt for a couple minutes?” Miyoung raises her brows and the boy let the girls in like some doorman. The cheerleader team is a team of 20 girls from sophomores and juniors. The seniors aren’t allowed to participate in any extra activities as they have to deal with exams and university entrance exams.

Haewon enters the court and saw Sehun sitting in the bench. Sehun is talking to his friends but then he feels that someone was looking at him so he looks away from Jongin and lock eyes with Haewon. “You play?” Haewon asks as he slowly walks to her, “You dance?” he asks back and the two laugh together. “Haewon, let’s go!” Jisoo says to Haewon from afar as the other has taken their position in the formation, “See you,” Haewon walks away from Sehun to join her team. Sehun chuckles and go to his friends again.

The cheerleaders dance their routine and the boys cheer them. It’s like a tradition that the basketball players and cheers team have a close bond. Especially since the captain of the cheers, Miyoung and basketball, Minwoo are in a relationship. The routine lasts for about 5 minutes and they repeat it for a couple times. The girls dance effortlessly and manage to lift up the mood surrounding the tired athletes. Haewon does her best, she accidentally glances at Sehun’s direction and the two have an eye contact for a couple seconds. She continues to do her routine and finish it with her team.

Haewon feels the happiest when she’s dancing, it feels like she has nothing to worry at all. It is the only time that she could be herself and she loves it. It may be a simple thing but it’s an important thing for her, to love herself. Because all of these times, she hates herself. Her friends call her a great dancer because she looks flawless when she’s dancing, but she knows that she is a flaw. Dancing is the only way for her to be herself and loving herself.

The basketball players clap their hands together after the girls finish. “That was awesome, I’ll see you soon at the practice room to brief you guys. You can change your clothes now,” Miyoung says before approaching Minwoo to talk. The other cheerleaders member start to walk out of the court and head back to the practice room while talking with one another.

“I see you’re a great dancer there,” Sehun says and Haewon looks back, she stops her trail and tells her friend to go first without her.

“I look forward to see you play in the tournament,” Haewon says and the boy chuckles, “Looks like we’re going to see each other very often then,” Sehun raises his brows. “I think so too, but we’ll see, huh?” Haewon teases him.

“Sehun!” his teammates call him and he looks back, “Gotta go now,” Sehun points his team with his thumb. “See ya!” he jogs back to his team and Haewon just wave her hand at him, she doesn’t realize that Miyoung is walking towards her. “That’s Oh Sehun,” Miyoung says while standing right beside Haewon, “Yeah,” Haewon responds and the senior furrows her brows. “Oh, you’ve met?” Miyoung observes her with an excited expression, “It’s not what you think,” Haewon shakes her head in dismay but the senior won’t stop teasing her.

“Let’s go,” Miyoung put her arms around Haewon’s shoulders and they both leave the court.


“That’s Son Haewon, right?” Kai asks Sehun when he just got back from talking to Haewon, “How did you know?” Sehun asks him back. “Because she’s a famous dancer…? She’s a great dancer, a really really good one.” Kai says and Sehun laughs, “I can see that,” he says again. Sehun drinks from his bottle when he realizes something. “Oh, so that’s it, right?” he says and Kai looks at him with a weird look. “What?” the tan boy asks him back, “That’s your other language for ‘she’s an ideal girl’, right?” Sehun guesses and his best friend just laughs with an amused face. “You really got me,” Kai says and the both of the jog to join the other players near the coach.

“Maybe you want to consider her,” Kai whispers so that he won’t disturb their coach, “For?” Sehun asks him and the latter give him a smug face. Sehun just laughs because he knows what Kai is going to say and then he shakes his head, “We’ll see that,” he sighs and then listens to their coach for real this time.

 


"Blood pressure is dropping ....."
"It's a cardiac arrest ......"

⇒ Another update^^ Do you get the storyline for Sehun and Haewon? Hehehe .....
Please do subscribe and leave a comment :(