Four

Every Day with You

Haewon is taking a light nap at the rooftop when suddenly someone standing right in front of her, blocking the sunlight that she enjoys.

“Hi,”

Sehun greets her and she opens her eyes slowly before put her legs down so he can sit beside her, “I didn’t know that you’re a great dancer.” he says suddenly. Haewon chuckles and takes off her earphones. “Didn’t know that you’re a basketball player beforehand,” she replies, earning a chuckle from the boy. A silence approaches them and the two just stare at the view from the rooftop. Haewon is never a great talker with strangers and boys. She may seem friendly and popular but she’s not really as comfortable as her friends when they’re with boys. Haewon is more closed than her friends who are popular with boys and chat frequently with them. Although Sehun is quite a great talker with girls, he can’t be a great talker when he’s with Haewon. It feels like something shuts him up. Something draws him and he knows it’s her.

“Is there anything else that I should know about you besides you love sleeping here and a cheerleader?” Sehun breaks the silence and Haewon looks at him while furrowing her brows.

“Nah, there’s not much to know about me.” she shakes her head,

“Ten bucks that’s a lie,” he bets.

Haewon laughs at his statement while unlocking her phone to turn off the music, “Ten bucks we’ll meet again like this from now on,” she says and this time it’s Sehun who’s laughing. “This is funny or unique, I must say.” he swings his legs while looking at the beautiful flowers on the rooftop. “Funny how?” she asks him, “Because we keep meeting like this,” he lightly answers her question. “We’ll be seeing each other during the tournament. You in the court, me in the side court.” Haewon giggles and it is true.

The first bell that signs that the recess is over rings, the two of them stands up from the bench and leave the rooftop together.

“Why do you always sleep here? I mean, I always find you asleep.” Sehun questions her while walking down the staircases together. “I have trouble with sleeping so I find it easier to sleep during the day than night. This is the best place after the school’s clinic.” Haewon replies, earning a nod from Sehun who seem to understand. “What about you? Why do you always come to the rooftop?” she asks him back, “It’s like a habit, I used to go to my former school’s rooftop so it was sort of a habit? Rooftop is the best place at school because not a lot of people come to the rooftop.” he answers and Haewon silently agrees with him.

“Funny, I never found someone who has the same thoughts as me.”

Haewon amused by their similarity in thinking and habits. Sehun looks at her and laughs, “Yeah, me too. It’s really nice to know that there’s someone who has the same way of thinking like you. It’s quite rare,” he admits as they reach their corridor. “See you later?” he asks, more like assuring that they will meet again at the same place. “Hopefully, yes.” she grins and then walks back to her classroom.

Sehun watches Haewon as she walks back to her classroom, he smiles as he saw her talking to her friends who just got back from the cafeteria. It’s been a while since he meets someone who has the same way of thinking as him. It’s been a while since her. He now understands why Kai mentions Haewon back in the practice yesterday.  His friends might be right about Haewon.


“What is it?”

Haewon asks her friends when she senses that they are looking at her with God-knows what they are thinking about.

“You just went back from the rooftop with Sehun? Oh Sehun? That Sehun?”

Eunyoung asks and Haewon nods her head, “Why?” she asks her back. “Come on, that’s Oh Sehun from Hansung Junior High School. He was one of the basketball players who got into the KBL boot camp for junior varsity players.” Jisoo rants with an excited tone. Haewon furrows her brows, “Never heard about it,” she says and takes out her textbook. “That’s because you never really hear things. He’s a catch,” Areum winks at her bestie and Haewon cringes. “I’m serious,” Areum widens her eyes just to make her friends laugh together. “Stop telling me to get a boyfriend, I’m not that pathetic.” Haewon says in offended tone, Areum just laughs at her. “Well, then tell me when was the last time you ever like someone.” Jisoo narrows her eyes and Haewon sighs in desperation, “Some good friends you are,” she mocks them who just laugh.

“See?! You don’t even remember when the last time you ever like someone was!” Eunyoung shrieks,

“Do you need some mirror, honey?” Haewon looks at the latter with teasing look.

“I do have my own …. My own situations,” Eunyoung defends herself, “The last time I like someone back in junior high school, he already likes someone. Why bother liking someone then? It’s not like I’m gonna die without some boys,” Haewon says. “If someday you become a woman activist, I won’t be surprised.” Jisoo says, “Yeah, or a comedian.” Eunyoung says and they all laugh together.

“Anyway, what are you guys doing after school?” Areum asks them while pulling out a bar of chocolate from her locker under desk, “I’m accompanying my mom to the airport, my sister is coming back from Japan.” Jisoo answers as she sits on her seat. “Eunsoo-eonni? Vacation or what?” Haewon asks her, “Vacation, I guess …” Jisoo mutters. “I’m helping Eunwoo for his photography work, we’re going to Daejeon somehow.” Eunyoung adds in and Areum sighs. “You’re my last hope,” she looks at Haewon with puppy eyes but then the latter laughs.

“It’s Thursday, sorry. Can’t help you to ditch your parents,” Haewon pats the girl, “How do you know it’s my parents?” Areum asks her as the other students start to fill the class again. “I’ve been your friends for four years, do you think I’m an idiot?” Haewon says to Areum, “Sometimes you are, or simply debil at times.” Areum sticks out her tongue at the latter and they laugh together.

 


Sehun dribbles the ball in his right hand and look at his teammates, “Come on, Sehun!” he hears the coach and begins to running towards the ring with the ball in his hand. The junior varsity team is playing because the coach really wants to see who he can trust after the varsity team finishes the tournament. Sehun is completely a frontrunner as the new captain, Jongin also high trusted as shooting guard in the team. He’s tired but it’s the only thing that makes him happy. Being a captain is a bonus, what matter to Sehun is how he plays in the game.

“Time’s up!”

The coach blows his whistle and all the jv players gather near the bench, “You guys are doing great, I can’t wait until those old dudes finish the tournament. You guys are all shaped up already, it was one of a hell of a game. Good job, tomorrow is the first day of tournament. Get ready by eight o’clock, don’t be late. See you guys tomorrow!” the coach says to the team, they do their usual chants before going to the locker one by one.

“Saw you in the period with Haewon, you’re really going to get her?”

Jongin puts his arm around Sehun’s shoulders while they’re walking to the shower room, “Stop it, she’s different.” Sehun chuckles. “Different, how?” Jongin frowns at his mate’s statement, “She’s not some girl who you could easily swoon over by meeting her twice. Also, she has the same way of thinking with me. That’s rare,” Sehun recalls his conversation with Haewon at the rooftop. Jongin narrows his eyes and then laughs.

“Oh, this one might just be true.”

The tan male howls as he walks to the shower room first than Sehun who still taking out his towel from his locker.

“I don’t want to make it as if I’m a stalker because I’m not.” Sehun says to Jongin as they shower side by side. “Then don’t, act normal. Don’t be all obsessed like how Taemin was to Naeun,” Jongin agrees with him, “I won’t, he’s a creep sometimes. But at least Naeun did almost the same to him so it’s w in-win situation.” Sehun adds again.

“Great game, you two!” Minwoo says as he walks past the two after showering, “Thank hyung, you too!” Jongin says while responding to Minwoo’s high five hand. “Good luck on tomorrow,” Sehun says too and the varsity members leave the shower room to the locker to change.

“Hey, what are you doing after this?” Jongin asks Sehun, “I have to get something at the store, why?” Sehun asks him back. “Nah, just asking. Noona wants me to go to the café because she has to go get my niece from her school,” Jongin answers, “I’ll stop by after my errand, I’ll try.” Sehun says and the latter nods his head.

“Anyway, back to Haewon.”

Sehun throws a glare at Jongin and the unsaid suspect just laughs.


“Ms.Son, please come in. Dr.Kim is waiting for you,”

A nurse says to Haewon who is playing with her phone. She looks at the clock in her phone, 4 o’clock. She stands up and puts off her phone while walking to the doctor’s room.

“Good afternoon, Ms.Son.” the doctor formally greets her and she laughs, “No need to be formal, Jin-oppa.” Haewon says to the male doctor. “Alright, let’s start.” the doctor says as she takes a seat.

“How’s your feeling?” he asks her as he pull out some note, “Same old, nothing’s changed.” Haewon mutters, she feels totally helpless in this room.

“How about your sleep?” he asks her again as he writes something in his note, “Xanax doesn’t work on me anymore, another suggestion maybe?” she answers and the doctor frowns. “Let’s try Ativan, 3 mg twice a day. Also, I’m offering you another cognitive behavioral therapy that might work,” Dr.Kim says again and Haewon looks at him while furrowing her brows.

“MCBH or mindfulness based cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy, I know the other might not work but ….” he starts to explain all the stats and things about the therapy, Haewon listen carefully to him. “When should we do that?” she asks him, “Next week might be just good, let’s just see how you doing with Ativan,” he answers and she nods at him.

“Now, tell me about your day ……”


Sehun is walking around the mall, he needs a couple of new socks and certainly his parents don’t have times to buy it with him. He looks at his watch and it shows 7 o’clock. He should be home. It’s not that he doesn’t want to, more like he doesn’t want to be home just yet. He knows that being home alone will let his negativity eating him. He needs to be with someone or in somewhere crowded. It doesn’t matter if he feels empty in the middle of the crowd. He just doesn’t want to be alone.

He walks around the second floor and spots someone familiar from the bookstore. He narrows his eyes and his smile forms. He walks towards the said person,

“Hey,”

Haewon turns around and shocks to see Sehun there, “What are you doing here?” she asks him and he scratches his back. ”Buying some socks, how about you?” he asks her back, she lifts the plastic bag that contains a couple of books. “Thursday bookstore,” she jokes and he laughs, “You read English literature?” he asks after he saw some English titled books in her bag. “Yeah, it was kind of my second language so…. yeah.” Haewon shrugs, “Told you there’s a lot of things I should know about you,” he states and she just chuckles.

“Since you’re here, I was looking for someone to eat with. You don’t mind?” Sehun asks, still unsure whether this is right or not. “Sure, no problem. What do you want to eat?” Haewon nods in agreement and he mentally exhales before looking around. “Fast-food sounds okay to you?” he offers and she nods, “Let’s go,” Haewon laughs as she follows him to the nearest fast food restaurant.


“She’s crashing …. We’re going to lose her, doc!”
“Heart rate is decreasing!”
“We’re losing her!”

⇒ Updated! I hope you like this chapter and sorry for the late update T_T
Thank you for new subbers and commenters~ lol please do leave more comments^^ It's a pleasure to read your comment:D