Fifteen

Every Day with You

'I got to move my hand .... I have to!'

Mrs.Son is fast asleep right beside her while holding her right hand, her mom has been there for almost a week. Sometimes Haewon would hear she's having a call or video conference with her associates back at New York. One thing for sure, her mom never leave her side.

Neither does Haewon, she doesn't want to leave her mom.

'Mom, I'll be back very soon .... Wait for me, mom ....'

 


 

"So, I just find out about this restaurant. How could I miss this?"

Haewon looks at the cozy and warm restaurant near her house. They decided to have a dinner around Hannam-dong with Sehun's suggestion. They ended up having a pork belly and two bowl of samgyetang for each of them.

Sehun smiles as he drinks up his cup of tea, it is almost eight in the evening but they don't mind spending a lot of time together. Although tomorrow's exam is waiting for them.

"So, you understand the Korean War timeline now?" Haewon asks him after she turns off the grill as they;ve finished their meal.

"Yeah, I think I do now. Thanks, history isn't really my thing."  Sehun thanks her and she just nods, "Well, it is my thing. I guess, history is my third favorite subject." she expresses while folding her arms to the table.

"Thrid? What's the first and second? I mean, other than chemistry." Sehun asks her with an amused expresson,

"My first one would be chemistry and the second one would be foreign language, I mean, other than english of course." she answers him with a smile,

"I've always wanted to go to travel the world, especially Monaco and Switzerland specifically Geneva and the Alps. But my parents are working most of the times, the only time I could travel with them was for their business trip during my holiday so I guess you can't count it as a holiday isn't it?" she recounts her childhood.

"French, huh?" he raises his brows at her remarks, she laughs it off while nodding.

"Yeah, people who speaks french have some of my amusement. It's a very challenging language, I don't know how the hell my mother could master it," she shakes her head at the thought of her mom speaking with her clients in French, she used to eavesdropping to her phone calls just to hear her speaking french.

"Voulez-vous dire comme ça?" Sehun speaks and she widens her eyes, "You speak the language?" she asks him curiously.
"Juste... un peu? My father went to St.George in the Alps so he wants me to learn the language since I was a kid. But I never could, he never taught me." Sehun recounts his childhood too.
"But you're being able to pick up a few words are already amazing though," Haewon teases him while raising her brows at him, "Just simple conversation which probably would be laugh-able infront of the real people who actually speaks French," Sehun shakes his head off and then finishes up his drink.
"Do you have any other abilities that I don't know?" she eyes him with her furrows brows and the malein front of her just laughs it off, "Nah, of course no. How about you?" he eyes her with the same looks they was she eyes him.
"I don't think my life is as interesting as yours," she mumbles but the he respond with a chuckle, "I spent my childhood in New York or in Atherton. I didn't get to travel with my family because of my parent's work. Even if we do go outside the States, it was never longer than a week." she shares her side of story.
"How about hobbies, you must have another hobbies other than cheerleading and reading." Sehun tries to get to know her better,
"I do, I went to School of American Ballet for five years before I have to choose between school and ballet." Haewon answers him with a twinkling eyes.
Sehun frowns his brows with amusement, "You do ballet?" he asks her because he never knew that she does ballet. There's not a lot of ballerina who want to do cheers, well, he never know one.
"I did, but I stopped because it actually needs a lot of your time and focus. I'm not that smart to balance the hard training and school lessons, so I stopped. I missed it though," she looks at the thin air just like someone who's remembering an event.
Sehun looks at her with a smile, she seems really peaceful and happy remembering it. She must be really missing ballet.
"Why don't you start again? I mean, as a hobby." he asks her and she shakes her head, "I don't think I am good enough to do it again. I mean, cheerleading is already tiring enough so I think I'll just keep it as a memory." she rejects the idea of dancing in pointe shoes on stage, again.
Especially when someone who's always there to watch all of your recitals is gone. She doesn't want to dance on the stage just to be remembered about Taewon, the one who always take care of her from accompanying her to practice and then watch her recitals in the center seat while taking a lot of photos and videos.
No, it's hard enough seeing his photos on her wall. Moreover remebering him like that.
"It's quite late, do you want to go home now?" Sehun asks her while looking at the clock on his phone, Haewon looks at her own phone and then nods.
 

 
"I'll see you tomorrow?"
Haewon nods at Sehun and then waves her hands at him before walking to her doorstep, he watches her until she's inside. He smiles and then walks out of the big apartment complex. It's eight o'clock but the street is still filled with cars and busses. The traffic is never asleep in Seoul, probably the only time it's free from all the traffic jam is at two or three in the morning. Sehun walks along the street to the subway station that still filled by people who maybe just get off from their work or going to cram school after their study at school. It's just a week before CSAT so the seniors are busy preparing the event of their life. Sehun pulls out his phone and then plugs in his earphone while waiting for his train to come.
Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles if I could just see you tonight
He hums to the song he's listening to, funny how things turn out. He never thought that he'll meet someone like Haewon, someone who understand him. She doesn't judge him about what he feels and listens to his stories well. She's someone who he needs, someone who understands him well not judging him. He remembers what Dr.Kim says to him,
 

 
"Well, you haven't came in for months but I can't help but admit that you're getting better. There must be something or ..." the doctor furrows his brows to skim his patient's face, "Or what, doc?" Sehun asks him curiously.
"Or someone ... am I right?" the doctor teases him and he just laughs at his question, the doctor shows him no sign of backing off from his 'theory' at all.
"You're .... about seventy percent right." Sehun claims but the older male seems not satisfied, "And the other thirty percent?" Dr.Kim asks him again.
"Basketball, you know me." Sehun answers and the doctor lets out a chuckle, "So she's the only non-object factor that makes you happier than you were?" Dr.Kim asks him again and Sehun thinks for a while before nodding as a respond.
The doctor smile satisfiedly, "If that's true then, I believe that my role as your ultimate counselor has been replaced." the doctor smiles as he writes down something on his note, "She's different, she understands me well and we even share the same situation. She can't sleep because she is haunted by the past and I can't sleep because I'm haunted by my own thoughts." Sehun describes Haewon carefully and he can't help but smile at the thought of her.
"Told you, you just found the one who you can trust and rely on. Or maybe even someone who could fight this together with you. Remember the first thing I told you when you got here years ago?"
Sehun nods, "That you just assist me in helping myself to get back on it's track and everything depends on me? Yeah,"
"I believe you just found your way back to yourself, young man."
 

 
"Did I just miss something at the hospital?"
Jaewon observes the younger male who just entered the house with a smile on his face, "A lot of things, I suppose."  Sehun answers him vaguely and leaving the older male to furrows his brows.
"You did go to the hospital, right?" Jaewon asks him again and the young master nods his head, "Don't worry, I got all the new prescriptions in my bag." Sehun says while pointing at his backpack before heading upstairs to his room.
Jaewon smiles at the sight of happy Sehun, "It's been a while isn't it?" he thought to himself as she shakes his head.
Back in his room, Sehun put his bag on the carpet before taking out all the medicines from his bag. He put labels on them and then put it on his drawer, throwing out any over the counter sleep aids from his drawer. He wants to get better, he wants Haewon to get better to. To help her, he has to help himself first. He smiles, maybe the doctor is right. He just found his way back.
He put his phone to charge before heading to the shower to freshen up. He needs to review both history and biology before he goes to sleep.
He's alone at home, his parents probably will be back in a week or two but he doesn't seems to be distracted by it anymore. All he could think of is tomorrow's exam and his date with Haewon later this weekend.  Just thinking about her makes him smile, it's been a while since any girl effects him this bad. He was immune towards any female for years until Haewon come to the scene. She's really something and he wants to be more than just a friend with her. She means a lot to him and he wants her to know.
 

 
"So, care to explain the answer to me again?"
Jisoo grits her teeths while Haewon and Areum just  let out a sigh. They've just finished their last exam which is history and Eunyoung is asking them an answer but she couldn't understand their answers.
"Are you sure you studied last night?"
Areum asks the girl in front of her and Eunyoung nods, "Dude, I made all of these summary last night. You see hwow hard I'm working my for this history." she then points at her summary papers that she just made last night with Taeyong.
"In that case, leave it to the God's hand. We have a practice to do," Haewon says as she stands up from her seat, "Oh God, please don't tell me you want to change another formation." Jisoo says while collecting her stationaries that scattered around the table. Haewon shakes her head as her backpak already on her right shoulder. "Nah, I'm not that cruel. We just need to match the rhyme and synchronization. Some people messed up near the end," Haewon recounts their last practice.
"That's me, I admit it." Areum raises her hand as she stands up, "Relax, it's not only you. A lot of people do, let's go guys." Haewon says and they leave the classroom together.
They go to their locker first before heading to the cheerleaders locker room to prepare for the practice. They will practice for hours as they have no more finals the next day. Some members already in the room and changing their clothes to their cheerleading outfits, some are still chatting while sitting on the center bench. Haewon changes her clothes and then put on the armband on her left arm. She also takes out the whistle and all the accessory that they'll use. She gets ready first and quickly heads to their practice room.
She puts everything on it's place and then stretches herself for a little bit. She needs to get ready first than her friends because when they're warming up later, she will review some choreography by herself or adding something before telling them her idea.
"Hey," one by one the cheers members come and they quickly fills the room, Haewon smiles before clapping her hands twice.
"Okay, you guys can start the warming up routines. Our agenda today is to match the rhymes and synchronization. I saw there's a lot of late beats and unsynchronization in our last practice." the girls nod their heads and then began their warming up routines. Meanwhile, Haewon still trying to remember what's on her mind about the new idea she have in her head. After half an hour, everyone gets back to the line to listen for Haewon's next instruction.
"Let's start from the top," she says to them before putting on the music. Everyone starts their moves and all the acrobatics moves.
Haewon put off the music and then everyone freezes in their spot.
"I need this side to be more symetrical, this line isn't right. Also, the top of this center pyramid need to be higher than the other two. How many did you guys do your push ups earlier?" Haewon asks the lifters, "Forty push ups," Ahreum and the other two girls answer her. Haewon thinks for a while before nodding her head, "Next time make it fifty," she suggests and the girls nod.
"Okay, I want to add a move after this part …."
She begins to giving an example for the girls about the new added move, they watch her closely so that they won't miss anything.
An hour later, they already finished perfecting the new moves so that it will flow naturally with the older moves. They're doing in from the top over and over again, Haeown also dances with them before taking a moment to watch them from the audience place. The practice is always filled with laughter and conversation but when they're doing their drills or routines, they won't talk because it needs a lot of concentration.
"COUNT AGAIN!"
"You missed the step,"
"This isn't symetrical,"
"From the top,"
"No no no, this line miss the beat!"
"A hundred jumping jacks, NOW"
Haewon blows her whistle and the girls groan in pain, practice near the nationals is always this hard. It's more like a boot camp than a practice for some even for Haewon when she's not the captain. But Hanhwa always win the nationals or take a podium standing every year so the pressure is all on her and the team. It's also her first competiton as a captain, she needs to do it well.
"Okay, enough."
The girls are panting and one by one fall to the floor to rest their body. They've been practicing for three hours non stop. Haewon smiles at them, she knows they're tired because she also tired.
"Thank you for today's practice, you guys are awesome. I'm sorry if I said something or ask you to do something too harsh, you got to trust me I'm nervous in this position,"
The girls laughs with Haewon as they circle up for the last briefing before going home. Haewon talks about their practice and then set the schedule for getting the costume ready as the nationals is next week already. She gives them some advices too for their new moves.
"INFERNO! BURN IT DOWN!"
They yell together and then start to seperate as it is time to go home. Haewon picks up several properties that they used in the practice to put it back in their locker room.
"How did it go?" she asks at the girl who has been watching their practice which is no other than Miyoung, "You did extremely well, just like what I have imagined." Miyoung gives her thumbs up for her. Haewon sighs, "But I don't think I'm good enough for this," Haewon says but the older girl shakes her head,
"No, you're the only one who I can trust on leading this team and next year's freshman. You'll be fine, trust me." Miyoung walks up to Haewon and then pats her shoulder like an older sister giving an advice to her younger sister.
"Thanks," Haewon smiles at the older female and Miyoung just smiles at her,, "See you on the nationals," she walks out of the room and then leaves Haewon with several girls who still in the practice room.
"Are these everything already?"
Jisoo asks Haewon as she helps with the tidying up the properties, Haewon nods as she take a property from Jisoo's hand and place it in the box. They walks to the locker room together to find some girls still there alongside Eunyoung and Areum who still talking to each other while changing their clothes.
"Yes, but that doesn't give you any rights to ask me being your third wheel."
Areum throws her friend a look and the shorter girl just laughs, "Aw, come on. I'll let you crash on my place anytime, oh! And I've asked Taeyong to bring another company from his class." Eunyoung friend while hanging her cheers costume, Areum stops buttoning her uniform and then looks at the girl right on her right side.
"You don't say …."
Eunyoung nods and then she squeals as if she just won a grand prize or something.
"Alright, let's go!" Areum happily buttons up her uniform and put all her thing son the locker neatly.
"Are you promising Areum a date with a senior?" Jisoo asks Eunyoung as she just changes her cheers costume to her uniform, "Yeah, she needs someone to help her get away with anything she needs to get away from and stop budging us during the night." Eunyoung reasons up and they can't help but laugh at her statement.
"See ya!" Areum pulls Eunyoung with her and they leave the locker room together.
Jisoo shakes her head at them before opening her locker which is right beside Haewon's, she takes out her uniform and begins to change her clothes.
"So, any progress with Sehun?" Jisoo asks while putting on her shirt, "Nothing happens, stop it." Haewon laughs it off as she hangs her cheers uniform on the hanger and put it back in the locker.
"I'm saying this not because everyone has been saying the same things but you do look great together," Jisoo smiles at her while packing her bag on the bench.
"And you always saying the right things, might as well get my hope high for him?" Haewon says and Jisoo laughs it off, "I'm just saying, there's no rumors about him or anything saying that he is a jerk." Jisoo looks up as if she's imagining Sehun's face and moves. "At least, that's what Areum said. You know she has eyes for these kind of things." she adds .
"Sure, she told me when she's sleeping over." Haewon remembers what Areum told her when she's staying at her place.
"Then make him stay, don't push him away like what you did to a lot of people or boys." Jisoo advises her, "I don't know what you're hiding from me and the others but you look a lot more comfortable with Sehun talking about anything that bothers you. So make him stay, he's worth it." Jisoo pats her shoulder as she put her bag on her shoulder.
"I'll keep that in mind," Haewon thanks her as she takes out her bag from the locker, Jisoo smiles at her. Jisoo has been her sister throughout these years. She knows Haewon has something she keeps from her and the others but doesn't want to crack her open until Haewon does it herself.
"I'll go first then, got a grocery to do. Bye, see you on Monday!" Jisoo walks out of the locker room and leaving Haewon alone in it.
Haewon finishes tidying up and then locks her locker before getting out of the lcoker room. There's only her left as the others already go home. She's about to lock the locker room when someone calls out her name.
"Going home?"
Sehun approaches her and she nods as she finishes locking the cheers' locker room. She smiles at the boy as they walk side by side.
"Let's go,"
 

 
"I'm sure she'll wake up soon, it's almost spring."
Jisoo smiles as she looks outside, the snow has melt down and spring is coming very soon.
"Her favorite season of the year," Sehun acknowledge with a smile, "She won't give up, right baby?" he looks down to the person he cherishes the most in his life.
'I won't, please wait for me'

 

 

⇒ FINALLY AN UPDATE

It's been over a month since I update this fic hahaha I'm so so so so sorry for the late and lack of update. I'm trying to balancing my life (well, I'm trying) but I don't think I'm good at it. Anyway, there's something wrong with AFF I don't know why but it put the whole 3/4 section of this story in italic (in my editing mode version) which you would probably alreayd know that I only use italic for flashbacks. Just a reminder, THESE ARE NOT FLASHBACKS. There is one flashback scene which have dr.Kim and Sehun in it but the rest aren't flashback. just want to let you know if it's in italic but when I change back to reader mode it's normal lol

Owh, it's 30 days until Christmas! I'm coming bac home yay!!! I'm currently living in another island for my college so ... I miss home soo much .... And my some-ish is living 1.933 km away from here so ....

anyway, thank you for reading this chapter^^ please do share, leave comment, and subscribe if you havent:)

Have a good day fellas!