Nineteen

Every Day with You

Sehun stares at the window, he smiles as he sees the blue sky. Haewon hates the cold winter after her brother’s death and he knows that. She loves spring and always asks him to go to see the cherry blossom festival with her.

“The festival is really near, don’t you want to see it with me?”

He asks Haewon who still has her eyes closed and the only thing that he can hear is the beeping heart monitor. There’s quite a lot of people who told him it could be meaningless if he waits for her but there’s also a bunch of people who wants him to wait for her. He wants to wait for her even after the doctor asks whether they need to remove the life support on her third month in comatose status.

Sehun is sure that she’ll wake up and she won’t give up the fight. After losing their unborn child, she has gone through a lot of things to get better. Dr.Kim deemed them to be all healthy and healed just three years ago. They had their ups and downs together. No one can really imagine what’s going through Sehun’s mind when the hospital called him six months ago. Now it’s almost seven months and still no sign of her opening her eyes yet though she has shown several signs of brain activities.

“I love you, Son Haewon.”

 


 

Haewon looks up the sky from her big window in the living room. It’s Saturday, the day when she’s going to meet Sehun. It’s almost ten in the morning and she just get up from her bed. Her friends only stayed for one night and already leave her house yesterday. She’s never been on a date for so long but she’s excited. Maybe because it’s Sehun who asked her, the fact that they’ve shared so much on everything might makes her excited.

She goes to the kitchen to take her daily intake of coffee aas she scrolls down her phone. She sees the messages that her friends send, they because they know she’s going out with Sehun today. She just smiles as she reads through the messages in their group chat. A new message comes and Haewon reads the sender, she can’t help but smile.

You’re up?

‘Up and ready,’

I’ll pick you up,’

‘You don’t have to though,’

But I want to, it’s okay. I want to see you soon, I guess.’

Haewon chuckles at his last message, his pick up line is really something. She can’ even describe them in words.

‘Okay, tell me when you’re near.’

‘See you,’

Haewon sends him a sticker before locks her phone and enjoy her morning coffee. She leans over her counter top while listening to the music that she puts on. She talks over the phone with her mother last night, a long conversation after so long. She tells her about Sehun and her mother can’t hide her happiness. But what Haewon clarly remembers is what her mother said before they ended their call.

“I’m glad that you finally let your heart open and let someone else to see what’s on your mind. You may not tell me everything but I know you’re still hurt over Taewon’s passing. I can’t promise you that time heals, time only lessen the pain but it will still be there. In this life you’ll meet various people and along the way you’ll feel various things too, it’s okay to be sad and upset honey. People aren’t meant to be all 365-happy.

Some people aren’t meant to be all happy and cheery, some are gloomy and sad and some others are mixed up between those two. Haewon loves making people laugh or hear what other’s have in the mind but she also needs someone to hear what she wants to say and Sehun become the one. Her friends do hear what she wants to say but she just can’t tell them what she told him. There’s a difference between talking with her friends and talking with Sehun. Maybe it’s because they have similar problem but Haewon feels safe and sound whenever she’s with him.

No more talk of darkness, forget this wide eyed fears. I’m here, nothing can harm you. My words will warm and calm you

(All I Ask From You—The Phantom of the Opera)

 


 

Sehun walks down the stairs to get ready, the day is finally here. He can’t wait to ask her, he keeps smiling as she walks to the kitchen.

Jaewon is there, waiting for him like always, he watches Sehun carefully as the boy pours out a glass of orange juice for himself. Jaewon furrows his brows, “Your mood is really good for today, huh?” Sehun looks at Jaewon who has his arms folded on his chest while furrowing his brows. He laughs, “Don’t ruin my mood, just don’t.” he pleads to the older male. Jaewon laughs, “Enjoy your date,” he says as he pats Sehun’s shoulder.

Sehun shrugs it off but then wonders how the hell he knows about it.

“Oh, I know you really well. Don’t even ask how,”

Jaewon says again as he leaves the dining room. Sehun laughs at him, but then again Jaewon’s right. The man knows everything about him even without asking him first. Sehun came to see him during his military service a couple times, Jaewon listens closely to his stories and give her a brotherly hug everytime they’re separating. Sehun is the only child in his family, he is lonely. Jaewon is the only brother figure that he has, the only person who actually care about him.

“I’m leaving,”

“Be careful.”

Sehun leaves the house, he gets out of the big garden covered in snow. He takes the subway to get to Hannam-dong. It’s the start of winter break so the station is quite crowded. He fishes out his phone to see his group chat all flooded by his friends’ crazy chat about him asking out Haewon today. He can’t help but laughing at their chat especially Taemin and Jongin’s acting as his ‘parent’ while Kyungsoo simply sending them threats to stop it and brush it off. Kyungsoo always become the most normal out of the four, he’s the epitome of sassy and honest. The other three can’t really deny everything that he says because everthing that he saya are always facts. It’s hard to deny something that Kyungsoo says.

Sehun keeps scrollin down the group’s chat while entering the train. It takes quite a short amount of time to get to Hannam-dong but Sehun feels like it takes too long. He can’t wait to meet Haewon, he loves talking with her. It just feels like his problems are solved with her. As the train slowing down in Hannam-dong, he quickly walks near the exit door and gets off the train as if he urgently needs to take a pee.

The cold winter isn’t a problem at all, it is noon but the temperature is quite low. He walks to her complex and texts her that he’s arrives.

‘I’m outside,’

Not a minute after he sent that, Haewon responds.

‘I’ll be out in a minute.’

Sehun smiles and takes a deep breath, they’ve been hanging out a lot but this time it’s different. He’s goin to ask her out and he doesn’t want to look weird. He wants the moment to be flowing out normally, he doesn’t want to make it way too staged. He needs to calm down his nerves and make sure that their date is smooth.

“You’re here,”

Sehun turns around to see Haewon comes out of her house. He nods as he smiles at her, “Of course I’m here, where else should I be?” Haewon laughs as she shakes her head at his joke. “So, where are we going?” she asks him as they walk out of her complex. Sehun humms for a while, “Movie? There’s a really good movie playin right now,” Sehun asks and she nods.

“So, the winter break is here huh?”

He opens up aconversation as they alk to the subway station, “Yeah, I feel like I need to do something productive. Being alone in winter is no good for me,” Haewon sighs and he can hear the sigh clearly. “Winter realy turns people to their melancholic side huh?” Sehun comments and the girl right beside him nods, “I don’t want to say I have seasonal affective disorder because I’ve been all gloomy and depressed the whole year but winter really kicks in the feeling,” Haewon laughs bitterly. She can feel all the gloominess right surrounding her during winter.

“But then, people can’t be all 365 happy-go-luck right?”

Haewon laughs at Sehun’s statement, he furrows his brows as they walk down the station’s stars. “My mom said the same thing to me over the phone last night. Do you guys communicate before me?” Haewon jokingly suspecting him which earns her a laughter from Sehun, “Hey, but that’s true though. You don’t have to be all happy all around the year, even comedians have their lowest moment.” Sehun says as they wait for their train.

“Couldn’t agree more, I just feel like people who knows what it feels like to be sad and lonely always try to make others happy. Because they know that being sad, lonely, depressed, and worried much isn’t good, they don’t want the people around them to suffer like they do. I don’t want to make my friends sad, they don’t deserve depressing stories. I don’t want them to feel the same way I did. Yes I do tell them my worries and things that scare me but I don’t share them my mental problem. I don’t want them to worry over me and my mind, I’m the one who needs to fix it myself. But then again, I need someone else to get better.”

Haewon talks calmly but Sehun can definitely relate and feel what she says. They always have these deep and meaningful conversation which makes him always happy being around her. Not that he wants to be serious all the time but he needs someone to talk about what he’s thinking.

“Funny how we think the same way even though we just met like months ago,” Sehun mentions and Haewon just realizes it too. They talk as if they’ve known each other for years, fascinating of course.

The train comes and everyone get in the train, the station is busy as it is the start of winter break and a lot of people is spending their time together with friends or family. The Christmas is also just around the corner so families are looking for what should they put on their christmas tree or decorating their living room.

“Do you have any Christmas tradition?” Haewon asks Sehun as they hold on to the handle grip because the seats are all taken.

“Waking up late and then having dinner with at Jongin’s house, I think I’ve been spending my Christmas for years pretty much like that.” Sehun says and Haewon realizes that he doesn’t have dinner with his parents, “And no, I don’t do dinner with my parents. They’re probably would be out of country so,” he shrugs at the end of his sentence.

“I used to have family dinner during Christmas, but then I’ve been spending my Christmas curling up in the living room while watching Home Alone movies for the past four years.” Haewon says, he looks at her as if it’s funny.

“Seriously, Home Alone is my Christmas-starter-pack thing. I wouldn’t feel like I’m celebrating Christmas without the series.” Haewon says and the two of them laugh together.

“My must watch Christmas movie is The Polar Express, I don’t knw why but I just love that movie.” Sehun recounts, “Oh yes, the soundtrack is also really good. It sounds dreamy somehow, I know it’s weird but it is true.” Haewon agrees with him.

“Yongsan Station,”

They’ve arrived at their destination and quickly get off so that the new passengers could get in. they walk for a minute and then reach I’Park.

“You don’t go back to New York during breaks?” Sehun asks her as they walk to the movie theatre, she shakes her head. “My dad would have surgeries on-call because he wants his underlings to spend their Christmas before taking up higher position like him, my mom would be home but then dealing with papers and papers of legal things. We have dinner during Christmas eve but then the next morning everything back as usual.” Haewon tells him and he nods.

“I can relate to that feeling, that’s why I always go to Jongin’s house. His parents put out a rule that during Christmas they should be together. It always bright and fun in his house,” Sehun says again.

“By the way, what movie are we going to watch?” Haewon asks as they’ve already in the theatre lobby, “That one, you’re okay with it?” Sehun points to a movie poster and she nods agreeing to him.

“Since I’m the one who asks you out, mind if I pay for the ticket?” he asks and she laughs, “Actually I do but let me buy the foods and I’m good,” Haewon raises her brows. Sehun chuckles, he sks because he knows that she’s not comfortable that someone is paying something for her. “Deal,” he nods and then she asks him what kind of snack he wants. He answers and then they separate to buy the ticket and snacks.

Sehun always think that she’s funny, she always declining him paying anything even if he’s the one who asks her out. Amusing but then again he wouldn’t be comfortable for someone to pay something for him too.

After he buys the tickets, he waits for Haewon who just pick up their snacks. He waits in the sofa and Haewon joins him. She buys french fries, large popcorn, and two sodas. He takes the sodas and fries so she can sits.

“You always finish that large popcorn?” Sehun asks her and she just laughs, “Yeah, I don’t like feeling getting not enough popcorn hahaha….” they both laugh together.

“Do you always enjoy action movies or what?” Sehun asks her as they wait for the movie’s time, “I love every kind of genre except horror, not a fan of all the darkness and gloomy aura in horror movies. But mostly I enjoy science fictions movies,” Haewon asnwers while munching some popcorns.

“Such as?” he asks again, “Hmm…. Apollo 13? I know that’s kind of weird but I’m a huge fan of that movie. Also Independence Day, Passengers, Avatar, and others. I’m a huge Marvel geek and some romantic movies, I guess.” Haewon tries to explain her distinctive taste and Sehun laughs because she’s kind of confused on how to explain her taste, “I’m a Marvel geek too, well well I think we have another thing in common.” Sehun says and then Haewon chuckles at the remarks.

“How about you? I mean, aside from Marvel. What’s your favorite movies?” she asks him back, “Mostly thriller or science fiction, I love Fast and Furious franchises. I also kind of enjoy Halloween franchise, you know that serial killer franchise. Well, it’s terrifying but kind of interesting for me.” Sehun answers her question.

“Oh, I’m not a fan at all of Halloween series. The first time I watch it, I couldn’t sleep for like a week or something.” Haewon says and then they laugh together.

“How about tv series?” Sehun asks her again, Haewon thinks about it for a while eating some of the popcorn.

“Crime investigation series such as CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds. I know not so cool for a girl but I love them. I also watch Pretty Littl Lirs nd such but not so into them that much,” Haewon answers, she looks at him and nods at him to ask back. “I love Game of Thrones and crime investigation series too, Agents of SHIELD is my fave though.” he answers too.

“Oh, I lost track of Agents of SHIELD. I just finished a coupl first episodes but then I couldn’t watch them for a couple weeks so I missed a couple key episode and somehow I forget about the previous episodes.” Haewon rolls her eyes and Sehun just laughs, “It’s quite confusing if you missed a couple episodes but you’ll understand easily if you’ve watched the first three episodes.” he says and they starts talking about the series as Haewon asks him to tell her the rest of the story so she doesn’t need to binge watching everything that she missed.

 


 

“That was great, I mean I know the director is famous but I didn’t expect that to be THAT good.” Haewon says as they walks out of the theatre, Sehun nods as he agrees with her.

“So, where do we go next?” she asks him, he looks at her and then thinks about it for a while. “It’s almost sunset, we should go now or we won’t make it.” Sehun says as he grabs her hands and bring her somewhere she can’t guess.

She follows his fast and long strides, sometimes he stops or slow downs so that they’ll be able to catch their breath. He hold her hand tightly as if she’ll be gone if he loses his grip. She smiles and can’t unsee the excitement in his face. She doesn’t know why but she feels that they’ll go somewhere she’ll loves. They have a lot of resemblance in tastes, they’re not completely the same nor the opposite of each other which she loves it. She won’t be comfortable around someone who’s very different with her but won’t be comfortable too if she’s around someone who’s very much alike her. Weird and difficult, yes.

 He takes her to get away from the city and somehow they reach the higher grounds to see the cityscape. It is pretty crowded since everyone wants to see the sunsets, it might be the last sunny all day of the month as they already in the winter. The cityscape looks breathtaking because all the lights start to but then the sky is a beautiful purple.

“We’re here,” Sehun says as they take a place where there’s not a lot of people but not too empty as well.

Haewon smiles as she walks upon the wood fence to keep people from falling. He lets her hand go to admire the scenery. He’s been here a couple times, Jaewon is the one who showed him this place right before he enlisted. Since then, this place and his spot in Seoul Forest has been his favorite place to just chilling or clear his mind.

“How do you find this place? I didn’t knkw there’s a place like this, this is beautiful!” Haewon exclaims and Sehun just laughs.

“It might be the last sunny all day of thee month so might as well watch the sunset with you.” Sehun says as he nods towards the disappearing sun in the sky.

Haewon smiles, the purple sky is beautiful. She loves it, she loves how random Sehun could find a place. How calming the place is even though there’s quite some people in it.

“Thank you, you just created a list of places for me to get out of my own house.” Haewon says and then keep watching the scenery.

He looks at her excited expression. She smiles as she watches the sunset together with him, it feels good somehow although it’s just a simple thing. She always appreciate even the smallest thing he does for her, she would get excited everytime he introduces something new to her. Seeing her happy makes him feels really happy and warm.

“Hey, I want to ask you something.”

Haewon turns to her right and raises her eyebrows that signs him to ask her. Sehun takes a deep breath, he holds both of her hands so that she’ll look at him. She reads his nervousness in his face and then furrows her brows,

“What’s wrong?”

He looks at their hand and then smile as they meet eye to eye. He lets out a sigh and then gathers up his courage to ask her the question.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Haewon widens her eyes, she’s kind of caught off-guard with the question. Usually someone would put out a special setting to ask the question as if they’re asking someone to marry them. But he asks her on a random date day, nothing special, just a special scenery in front of them. On an ordinary ‘hey-I-know-a-place’ day. Sehun looks at her nervously, just because they hang out a lot it doesn’t mean that someone instantly want to become his girlfriend. He’s kind of scared and nervous, what if she’s not into relationships? What if she doesn’t like him that way? What if and more what ifs play through his mind as he waits for her answer.

She laughs as she keeps looking at his nervous face, it’s funny to see the captain of the basketball all nervous and possibly holding his breath.

“I would be glad to,”

Sehun instantly smiles and then hug her, Haewon can’t help but laughing at that and hugs him back. “I was holding my breath,” he says as they both let go.

“I can see that very clearly,” she nods and then they laugh together, “I thought you would reject me, you’re not responding.” Sehun defends himself. “Well, the sight of a basketball captain being all nervous and holding his breath is really funny. Can’t help myself but stalling,” she jokes and then he starts tickling her side, “That was really mean!” they both laugh together.

“So, anywhere else to go, boyfriend?” she asks and he chuckles, “Dinner?” she nods at the suggestion. “Let’s go, girlfriend.”

 


 

“That was nice,”

Haewon smiles as they walking back to her house, they’re holding hands tighter than before. He nods, agreeing with what she says.

“First date as a couple, it wasn’t that bad isn’t it?”

Sehun jokes and she laughs at that, “Far from bad,” she says as they already arrive in front of her house.
“See you soon?” he asks and she nods, “You know I won’t go anywhere,” she assures him.

“Good night,”

“Good night,”

He waits until she enters her house and then walk away to go home with a big smile plestered on his face.

 


 

She had a glimpse of their past, it’s as if she travels back the time to when they just met and how everything started.

She remembers how he looks at her the first time they meet, how excited his face when he saw her on the court, how happy they were after their first win, their first date, their encounter in the hospital, and how he asks her out.

She remembers it all, it’s as if she’s reminded what keeps her alive all these times. The supports, the love, the warmth, him.

“You got into an accident, you’re in the hospital, you’ve been asleep for seven months, you’ve been going through a lot.”

She can hears the sentence he would repeat every day, it’s like a reminder for her. That’s what get her out of her flashbacks and dreams, pull her out of the fantasy to face the black void. The void is the only thing that she needs to fight but she couldn’t.

“It’s been so long but I’m here, for you.”

 

 

⇒  HHELLOOOWWWW PEOPLE!!

I'm sorry for being such an for the ldate update and typos in every chapter lmao I didn't proof read anything because I realy want you guys to enjoy the story as soon as possible but I know that's not good.

I hope you like it and don't forget to subscribe, comment, and maybe vote up? Also reccomend this to your friends:) Thank youu and see you soon!