Twenty

Every Day with You

Sehun is reading some reports he brought from the office, he’s been staying right beside Haewon for seven months. He only leaves her if her parents or their friends come, he’ll go back to their house and pack some new clothes before taking a proper shower and then heads back to the hospital. He looks at her, he misses her so bad.

So does her.

 


 

“Haewon!”

“Haewon-ah,”

“Son Haewon,”

Haewon feels dizzy, everything is spinning and somehow she feels as if her life is in a rewind. A constant collection of her life is displayed right in front of her, just like how she reminded that she needs to live.

“What is happening…”

She closes her eyes again and try to set her mind right. She wants to know what is happening and somehow she opens her eyes to a highway road.

“What the—“ she hears a loud sound of screeching breaks and screams. She is standing in the highway, all the cars stop and people are running towards the scene of the accident.

Haewon knows it’s her accident but she can’t remember anything, she knows she got into an accident because that’s what Sehun whispers to her ear every single day. She walks like a normal person and sees a multi-car crash. She gasps as she sees herself in the middle car, stucks between two cars. Her car is damaged badly back and front.

“No….”

She steps back at the sight of her body, bloods covered her body, there isn’t much to see clearly.

“NO!”

She closes her eyes to fight the nightmare.

 


 

“Are you okay?”

Haewon finds herself in the middle of Seoul Forest, she turns around to see Sehun comes with two cans of soda. She smiles, “Yeah, just kind of daydreamed.” she says as she takes one of the can froom his hand, he sits right next to her and they enjoy the beautiful blue sky right on Sehun’s own spot in the forest.

“What do you think will happen this year? Aside from you actually helping Coach Kwon to coach the team,” Haewon asks as she sips on her soda. Sehun humms, “Don’t know? Didn’t really expect anything but I can imagine us being in the same class for the last year of high school,” he teases her and she pushes him lightly than he doesn’t even budge a bit. “I have my peace for two year. I don’t need a troublesome senior year, thank you.” Haewon scoffs and he nudges her back, “Hey, I’m not a troublemaker!” they both laugh.

“It’s been almost two years, huh?”

Sehun looks at her and their eyes meet. She nods with a smile, “I can’t believe you put up with me for all these times,” she recounts the past year they have together.

“I can’t believe we’ve through a lot and come this far,” he adds, their hands intertwines. Enjoying the last week of summer break as a second year. It’s been almost two years since he asks her out, two years of building trust and self-confidence in each other.

Haewon’s session with the doctor has been reduced to once in two weeks. She shows a lot of progress which leads the doctor to be able control her ups and downs with lesser medicine and more of talking. Sehun has been talking with his parents for six months now. He overcomes his negativity and eventually try to accept his parents’ lack of presence to actually appreciate the time they have for him. Haewon encourage him to actually speak up with them, saying that ‘avoidance is not the answer’ to his beef with his parents. His therapy session and medicines has been reduced, much to his surprise.

“Have you find your major?” he asks and she sighs, “I do actually but I don’t know if I could make it, it’s quite hard.” Haewon mumbles but Sehun could perfectly understand what she’s saying. Haewon has this habit of mumbling if she wants something but too shy to actually say it out loud. He chuckles and then pats her head, “What is it? I’m sure you can do it,” he asks her again.

“Department of Psychology, Yonsei.”

Haewon answers and he nods, “You want to treat yourself some more?” he asks and she can’t help but laugh. “That, and I want to completely understand others.” she folds her arms and then put her head on his shoulder.

“I’ve spent years and years trying to understand myself, my own mind. Trying to untangle all the strings in my head and g a hold on it. Now that I could get a hold, not completely, but at least I do. I want to understand others’ too, like how I understand you.”

She looks up and Sehun smiles at her, “You’ll get there, I know you can.” she just laughs. “Let’s cross our fingers, what about you? Anything set yet?” she asks back and the boy just wanders around. Haewon raises her eyebrows at him, he takes a glance at her and then laugh. “I was going for the early decision for School of Business at Yonsei,” he says and she quickly sits straight.

“Are you joking?” he shakes his head, “They told me I could have a higher chance if I decided with early decision track, with all the nationals and all you know.” he adds. Haewon smiles, “Let’s just hope my CSAT score actually gets me there, you know I’m with new people.” she says and he chuckles at that statement.

“I really do, you’ll bawl your eyes if we don’t go to the same college.”

“HEY!” she hits him and he just keep laughing.

 


 

That was fun….

Haewon mutters to herself as she’s back to the void, not knowing where it will take her again. Will it revisit her accident day, the only day that she doesn’t remember, again? Or probably she doesn’t want to remember that day specifically. Everytime she’s in the highway, she would get all the headaches and she goes back in time to revisit her past. It’s like a mechanism defend system by her brain so that she won’t be able to remember anything from the accident. Something traumatic clearly won’t help her but she wants to remember what happened actually.

“Her last CT Scan result actually shows some brain activity is happening,”

“It’s something new from the past seven months, we haven’t been able to record some activity but this just came out.”

“She’ll wake up, right?”

“She wil,”

Haewon can hears everything but she can’t respond to anything. She wants to respond to what they’ve been talking, saying that she’s alive and she hears everything, that she hasn’t give up yet. But she’s been tryint to fight the darkness for God knows how long. She’s tired, she’s scared, she doesn’t want to be alone in the dark void. It’s like reminding her that she’s nothing, nobody.

No, don’t….

She feels drowsy again, she can’t listening to Sehun and the doctors’ conversation. She’s taken somewhere else, again. It’s always like this, whenever she feels she can respond to their conversation or makes a contact with them, the drowsiness comes back and she’s trapped in her deepest part of mind. Coming back to her past, revisiting mostly anything she has with him.

 


 

“No, wait! Stay there!”

Haewon can hears the panic and worry in Sehun’s voice after she calls him and tells him that she passed out during one of her session with a client. She can’t hide the happiness in her voice but she tries to calm herself down, trying not to spill the surprise.

“Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be there soon okay?”

“Okay,”

She ends the call because she knows that he’ll be too busy to take his car out of the parking lot and trying hs best to reach the hospital she works in. She gets up from the bed and then looks at her belly with much adoration. She has something inside her tummy, they’re having a child. They’re expecting, they’re going to be a parents. She can’t stop smiling and keep looking at the ultrasound result, she can’t imagine what kind of expression or reaction Sehun will have but she knows that he’ll be very happy with the news.

Not even thirty minutes later, Sehun shows up with sweats running down his forehead and worry writeen over his face. He checks on her, scanning her from head to toe and then frowns. “This is not some April Mob jokes right? The last time I check it’s already June,” Haewon laughs at him and then gives him the ultrasound result without saying anything.

“Are you joking?”

Haewon shakes her head, Sehun can’t believe with his eyes and takes a look at the ultrasounds result of their seven weeks old baby.

“I’m going to be a dad?”

Haewon nods and can’t help but laugh at his priceless expression, “You’re going to be a mom, we’re going to be a parents?” he hugs her and Haewon still laughing at her expression. He looks genuinely happy and excited about the news, just like how she pictures him in her head earlier but way happier.

“Thank you, thank you, and thank you.”

He kisses her forehead and Haewon couldn’t ask for anything else at the moment. She’s with the person who she loves darly, loves her, and they’re going to be a family really soon. They’ve moved on from their problems, all the insecurities and anxities have gone away. She has finished her master degree in counseling from NYU and currently working as a counselor in a hospital at Seoul. Meanwhile Sehun is trying to coping himself with his position as his father’s second in command at his company. Their relationship grows for years now, they may still have this awkwardness around them but it is way better than what they have during his school years.

During Haewon study in NYU, they’re having a long distance relationship with meeting frequencies of twice a year. Not really ideal but that’s all they got, she stays with her parents after all so he believes that she’ll be okay. The trust and communication between the two of them ar the factor that keep them goin strong even thoug they’re 6.863 miles apart from each other. It doesn’t matter, they can handle everything.

Or so they thought.

 


 

“The cherry blossoms are blooming in Seoul Forest, the festival will be in a week. You sure you don’t want to come?”

Sehun washes her fce with a warm wet towel from the nurse, he’ll washes her face while talking to her as if she listens and will answer to his questions. The nurse who’s in charge on Haewon smiles at the picture. She never seen anyone who loves someone that dearly to the point that she doesn’t even need to page him because he’ll be right beside her.

“The cold winter has passed, you can open your eyes now. It’s not cold anymore out there, you’ll never be.” Sehun smiles as he gives back the towel to the nurse.

“You love her very much,” she says and he smiles, “She found me, she saved me, she means everything to me. I need to do the same to her, I have to.” he says as he fixes Haewon’s blanket, the nurse smiles and excuses herself. Sehun take a look at Haewon before going to the bathroom.

I need to wake up

Come on you stupid hands, move!

Haewon opens her eyes and greeted by the warm light of sun through the blinds. She furrows her brows, still adjusting herself to the bright light. She raises her hand to covers her eyes from the bright light.

I did it!

“Oh God,”

She found Sehun who just get out from the bathroom staring at her as if he just seen a ghost, she smiles at him.

“I miss you, Oh Sehun.”

 

⇒  I'm on roll LOL

I just feels like tomorrow's pre test stress actually working god with my writing creativity lmao I finished this in an hour which actually not impressive looking at the work counts but then, hey, I barely put out two pages in a day for the past six months. hence the late updates all the time~~ I'm so sorry for the crappy writing but I hope you guys happy that she wakes up now!

Next chapter might be the last(?) or no(?) Idk yet but don't forget to subscribe, leave a comment, and tell me what do you think about it!

See you guys soooooon~~