Twenty one

Every Day with You

“Her vitals are stable and she reacts to everything, so overall she’s good but we’ll find out more after she runs a full check up. Being in coma for seven months with a pretty acute hemorrhage might effects something. We’ll schedule the check up first thing in the morning,” the chief physician says and Mrs.Son thanks him, “Thank you so much,” she says and the doctors nod at her. “If you excuse us, ma’am.” they excuse themselves before leaving the room to Haewon’s friends and family.

“Honey,” Haewon hugs her mom and they cry together in joy, “I know you’ll make it,” she says as she kisses her daughter’s forehead.

“Your father will be here tomorrow, he’s flying from New York first thing in the morning.” Mrs.Son says again and Haewon nods, “It’s okay, I understand.” she says. Her mom can’t handle her tears, “Thank you for not giving up, I really thought I’d lose you. It would be hell for me if it happen,” Haewon smiles. “I should thank all of you for not giving up on me, thank you.” Haewon looks at her friends who’s circling her, they all smile at her.

“What have I missed?” Haewon jokes and everyone laugh, “A lot, a lot has happeed during seven months.” Jisoo points at her stomach and Haewon gasps.

“Oh my God, you’re pregnant?” Jisoo smiles and Taemin just laughs, “Four months, still trying to cope up with the morning sickness and all though.” Jisoo adds. “In addition to that, I just got my master degree acceptance rolls in two weeks ago.” Eunyoung says cheerfully, “Oh, you actually manage to get your lazy to get a master degree?” Kyungsoo asks and the girl rolls her eyes. “Oh, shut up you.” everyone laugh.

Haewon looks around and then lock eyes with Sehun’s. The male looks really excited but then wants the other to talk with her because hell get more time. She can see that clearly, that’s his nature.

“Anyway, you should know …..”

Areum starts telling Haewon things that she missed during her coma and the girl excitedly hear froom them. Mrs.Son also fills in some details as she has been spending times with her daughter’s friends all these times. Haewon just wakes up from a seven months coma, survived from a multi-car collision and simply just cheat death, they want her to feel normal and not left out. Jongin looks at his best friend and then pats his shoulder.

“She’s here,”

Sehun nods with a smile, he rubs the back of his neck and then put both of his hands in his pockets. “She’s awake,” Sehun says and Jongin just put his arms around Sehun’s shoulder, “You did it, bro. You didn’t give up on her, so is she.” he says because he knows how happy Sehun is when Haewon is awake. Sehun keep looking at Haewon who is laughing and smiling with the others.

“We’re not giving up,”

 


 

“See you tomorrow, we’ll come again for sure.”

Haewon bids goodbye with everyone including her mother who’s going home as Sehun assures her he’ll stay. Mrs.Son doesn’t forget to kiss her daughter’s forehead before waves goodbye at her and then leaves the room together with her friends. As Sehun closes the door, he sighs before walking back to her bed. Haewon looks at him and focus on him only. He sits right beside her bed and then hold her hand, “I thought I would lost you,” he closes his eyes as he holds her hand close to her face.

“I thought I’ll never see you again,” Haewon adds, the man infront of him opens his eyes. His pupils are shaking and she can see clearly that he’s about to cry but he holds back. She knows how much he holds his emotions and tears when she just wake up, he let the others spend time with her because he knows he’ll have plenty time with her. He is that understanding and considerate for others, that’s why she loves him.

“When I got the call, I thought my world has just stopped. You’ve been through so much and all of these just too much, even for me.” Sehun continues and she let him keep going.

“These past seven months has allow me to think back and be grateful with whatever happened to us, to cherish the time we had and gladly look forward for our tomorrows. The thought of losing you is killing me. The doctors actually asked me whether I’d take off all of your life supports on your third month, a question that got me wondering for a while but I know you’re a fighter and you’ll never give up. You won’t give up that easily, I know that, everyone can see that. You’ve been through so much and you never give up. So thank you….. thank you for not giving up.”

He finally cries as he hold her hand close, crying soundlessly but tears keep flowing out of his eyes. She can’t help but cry too, she pulls him close to her and hugs him. He hugs her close as if she’ll disappear in any moment. They both cry together in bliss.

“I should be the one who thanks you, thank you for not giving up on me.” she whispers close to his ear, “I love you.” she says and he smiles as he let go.

“I love you too, Haewon.”

 


 

Haewon has been tested for hours, she has all the medical check up scheduled for her as the doctors said the day before. The last check up is done and she’s back in her room, Sehun is answering call outside and her mother is peeling off some fruits for her. Her father is on his way to the hospital from the airport as he just touches down Seoul minutes earlier.

A knock is heard and Mrs.Son let whoever it is to come in. Dr.Kim entrs the room and then smiles at his long time patient.

“Haewon,”

“Doc, good to see you.” Haewon greets him and the doctor in white robe smiles, he then greets her mother who instantly shakes his hand and thanks him for his guidance for her for the past years. The doctor simply replies her with a smile and told how Haewon is a ‘good patient’ for him.

“Can I have a minute with her, ma’am?” Dr.Kim asks and the old lady smiles with a nod. Then she leaves the room for Haewon and her doctor to talk.

“Is this some kind of counseling session?” Haewon asks and the doctor laughs, “Kind of, you’ve gone through all the physical examination. It’s my turn, I need to check your psychology. It’s kind of unfair how the other doctors work together iin physical examination while I go though this part of examination alone.” Haewon laughs at his joke, “You still have that weird joke taste, I see.” Haewon says and the doctor just chuckles.

“Now, can you tell me your ful name, your birthdate and where you are right now?” he starts to look at her charts and taking notes,

“My name is Son Haewon, I was born on May 19th. I’m currently in Severance Hospital and has been treated here for seven months,” Haewon answers the questions, the doctor nods while taking notes.

“Do you know why you’re here?” he asks again,

“I got into a multi collision accident seven months ago and it resulted me got into coma for seven months.”

“Do you remember anything about the day of the accident?”

“I remember it was a normal day, it was fall so it was quite chilly. I was driving to the hospital after lunch, I have a lunch with my friends. I took the highway because it should be faster than normal way. I didn’t see the truck that broke down in the middle so I was surprised, I swerved to the left but I was too late as I was too close with it and my car stucked between the truck and the car right behind me. Then, everything went black….”

Dr.Kim looks at her, he understands how hard it is for her to recalls the accident but he needs to make sure that she knws who she is and has a stable mental condition.

“That’s okay,” he stops her before continues with another series of questions, “Does anything happen while you’re in coma? People in comatos status would enter this endless dream or dreaming in loop. Or did you just happen to be in a dark void all these times?”

Haewon thinks for a while, “I revisit my high school memories,” she answers and the doctor lifts uo his face from taking notes. “It felt so real that I thought it just happened yesterday,” she closes her eyes and all the memories floods in.

“I revisit all of my memories that I have with Sehun, how we met, our first match, meeting at the hospital in front of your room, everything. It was shown like a flashback,”

Dr.Kim put his pen down and listens to her closely, she smiles at the thought of their memories. “I also recalls my memory about Taewon. Surprisingly I’m okay,” she adds.

“Of course, you’ve been through…. I would call it hell, most people would. But then, Sehun reminds me that it’s not hell. It’s life and life could be at times because life is just a series of tests and ordeals, we just have to deal with it in our own way. Each and every person have their own way to solve these tests, things that we can’t control. You have managed to through it all by not giving up, that’s what keep you alive.”

The doctor stands up as he finishes his note and she smiles at him, “Thank you, doc.” she says and he smiles. “Always glad to help, get well really soon okay?” he smiles before leaving.

 


 

“Dad!”

Mr.Son quickly goes to her bed and hugs her, he just arrives in Korea an hour ago and quickly goes to the hospital to see his daughter. The old man can’t help but smile in tears, “I though we’d lost you.” That is the first sentence he lets out as he pulls way from the hug. “I thought I’d never see you and the others again,” Haewon smiles at him, the father looks very happy and glad to see his only daughter alive and well.

“Are you okay now? How’s the general checks up result?” her father asks her and Haewon can’t help but laugh, he always asks her all of these questions whenever she’s sick. She smiles at him, “I’m alright, dad. Don’t worry,” she assures him and he wipes the tears in the corner of his eyes. He is the strongest father but he can’t help but feel scared when he heard the news. He lost half of his life when his son passed away, he couldn’t imagine what will happen if she’s gone too.

“Don’t worry, she’s going to be alright.” Mrs.Son goes to her husband and they start to catch up with one another, telling her how it was when she’s asleep.

Mr.Son tells her a lot of stories including him travelling back and forth between New York and Seoul because his job needs im but he can’t just sit at home waiting for news. He needs to be right beside her, sees her. Makes sure that she’s okay by his own eyes. Haewon can’t help but happy that she’s be able to be with her parents. It’s been a while since they’re be able to talk like this.

“I met Taewon a couple times,”

Haewon confesses and her parents look at her, silence surrounds them but her mother smiles. “Did he say anything?” she asks Haewon, “He told me to go back, that I can’t follow him.” Haewon recounts her encounter with her brother in one of her dreams. “That I’ll be okay and nothing is anyone’s fault,” she adds while looking at her parents face.

Mentioning Taewon’s name has been a taboo thing since he passed away, everything will turns cold and the awkward situation just invades in. They know they shouldn’t do that but it stil hurts and hard to process what happened to him. Haewon wants to talk it out but her parents tend to avoid the topic, try to live and move on when they actually couldn’t.

“I’m sure we’ll be okay, baby.”

Mrs.Son gives her husband and daughter a smile, assuring that everything’s going to be okay. So does Haewon, as weird as it is, she thinks that her coma actually helps her to revisit her old memory and reminds her why she should hang on there.

 


 

Haewon smiles as she looks at the place where Sehun has brought her to, “We made it,” Sehun says as he stops pushing her wheelchair.

He brought her to the cherry blossom festival in Seoul Forest. The trees are blooming, it’s really beautiful. Haewon’s favorite festival during her favorite season. Sehun proceeds to push her wheelchair as they enjoy the blooming cherry blossoms. There’s quite a lot of people in the Seoul Forest but not as many as peple in any other part of the city. The festival in Seoul Forest is not crowded because the forest itself is big.

“Thank you,” Haewon says as they keep walking, she hold his right hand and he just keep walking until the reach their favorite spot. The forest has become not only his sanctuary but also their sanctuary. They love going to the forest just to hang out or simply enjoying the scenery. He stops and then make sure her wheelchair stabe before kneeling right in front of her.

“We’ve been through a lot, not only in the past year but sinc the first time we met. Thank you for being there, for holding on, being strong, and for being you.”

Sehun holds her hands, she smiles at his words. “We still have a long long way to go, don’t give up. I’ll b right beside you in every step you take.” he smiles back at her.

“You know, I revisited our memories back in high school during my coma.” Haewon says and Sehun listens to her, “I just can’t help but wonder what could have happened if we never meet because I realize that everything happens because you’re with me and there’s nothing else I would need besides you in this world.” she tightened her hands in his grip.

“It was an ordinary day, nothing special or unusual but then suddenly the car crash happened. The last thing that I remember is that I might ended up dead. That maybe t is my last chance to breathe. These seven months have teach me that life is that short, that I need to seize the day.” Hawon tells him and he nods, acknowledging her points.

“You’ve worked hard,” he says and then pats her head, she smiles at the remark.

It’s been two weeks since she wakes up and Sehun asks the doctors to let him take her outside as the fetival wil end. She’s been in the therapy and getting better day by day, she believes that everything will be okay and they won’t need to be worry about anything else anymore.

 

⇒  HELLO PEOPLEE!

I'm sorry for the very late and lame update:( but the story is now completed! I know I made the worst chapter as an ending but I think I'll be able to make a one-shot sequel in the future. but now, practical training and reports are eating me alive so, I'm sorry and bear with this chapter:( Thank you soo much for the comments and subscribers who read this stoy all these times! I really appreciate you even tho the comment section is basically a ghost house lol but it's okay. thank you!!! See you!!