Fourteen

Every Day with You

"Hey, I'm here again."

She recognizes the voice, she wants to see him.

"I don't know how long you'll be asleep but I just want to tell you that I'll be here even if you need years and years to wake up. I'll wait for you, love."

For the first time, she lets out a few tears st down her cheeks. To tell him that she listens, that she loves him too.

 


 

Haewon packs up her things as the bell rings, they just finished their physics and chemistry exam with another exam day waiting for them tomorrow.

"Hey, we don't have any practice for today right?"

Eunyoung asks the girls and they all nod their heads, she smiles and then get back to reply a text. "Please don't do it here, I know you're not single anymore but have some consideration for us." Areum says while crossing her arms, Jisoo also nods agreeing with the latter.

"Hey, it's not fair. Haewon does the same!"

Haewon throws Eunyoung a don't-drag-me-too kind of face, "It's different," Jisoo says and Eunyoung huffs in annoyance but they know it's just a joke.

"Don't forget tomorrow is history and biology, you're with remembering things so make sure you memorize everything." Areum says and the shorter girl laughs, "Yes, mom. W'ere going to study with him anyway. I'll go first, bye!" Eunyoung leave the classroom first to the front door where Taeyong is already waiting for her.

"Good for her, my only motivation to study is because the study cafe is far away from home so it will takes me at least half an hour to get home." Areum says while picking up her bag, "Oh, come on. You can't possibly hate your parents that much." Jisoo says while the three of them walks to their lockers in the hallway.

"The last time I saw my dad is like two months ago, my mother is gone by the morning and back after Cinderella turns back into a maid." Areum opens her locker with an annoyed voice tone.

"Embrace it, you're not seperated by six thousand miles for four years." Haewon looks at her with a disbelief look, "I think it's the same, don't you think?" Areum turns to her left to look at Haewon.

"Kind of though," Jisoo admits as she closes her locker and leans on it, "Tomorrow is the last day, I hope I don't mess up my history like our last history exam." Jisoo hopes. "Excuse me, the history exam score that you messed up is like my highest history score." Areum throws her a sentence with a matter-of-fact  tone.

"How come you never complain about anything unlike this dude beside me?" Jisoo pokes Haewon's arms who just finished arranging her books in the locker, "Well, you're talking about the student's council head of public relation division. Of course she talks a lot," Haewon says as she locks her locker. Areum throws her a glare but the other two just laugh.

"So, study cafe anyone?" Areum asks, "Let's go," Jisoo nods. Haewon checks her phone and shakes her head. "I have other things to do, it's Thursday." Haewon replies and the other two just nods in understanding manner. "Alright then, see you tomorrow!" they leave first. Haewon smiles at them until she can't see their backs anymore before walking to the same direction while looking at the text from Dr.Kim.

'Sorry, need to attend a long-lost patient. Mind if I push you back to 4?'

She looks at the current time, she has time to get back home and change her clothes.

'Okay, no problem.'

With that being sent, she walks out of the school and goes to the subway station so that she could go back and change her clothes before going to the hospital.

 


 

Sehun is walking slowly to the hospital lobby, he hasn't been here for months. Slowly he walks towards a lobby where the directions arrow with the writing 'Department of Psychiatry' on it. He walks through the long and bright hallway.

After Jaewon successfully asks him to continue his session with Dr.Kim, he got a message from the doctor himself and that they'll meet at three. Sehun can still remember the first time he was brought to this hospital by Jaewon. He was fourteen and confused. The doctor was only in his second year of fellowship but quickly attached to Sehun, it takes three months for Dr.Kim to get into him and get close with him. They've tried all sort of treatments and therapies.  But none seems to be highly effective on him.

He walks to the nurse station who looks up and then greet him with a smile.

"Good afternoon, may I help you?" she asks him,

"Yes, my name is Oh Sehun and I have an appointment for Dr.Kim at four." he answers and she types something in her computer.

"Oh, yes. He's currently still in a session but I'll let you know that you're here. You can wait in those chairs, welcome back Mr.Oh." she smiles at him as she takes a paper that she just printed and then goes to the doctor's room. Sehun walks to the chairs to wait and then sits near the door.

He takes a look at his surrounding, this part of department in the hospital is definitely not what everyone looks into but he always amazed by the great facilities on department of psychiatry in this hospital. There are a building that is specially for this department and they have up to 200 beds for psychiatry patients and a very spacious lounge for them. He observes the patients around him, some of them just keep staring at the blank space and some are talking with the nurses.

Jaewon used to wait with him (or make sure that he really goes to see the doctor) but today he declined his offer to go to the hospital together. He wants to go alone although the older male raises his suspiciousness but Sehun already promised that he will go to see the doctor for sure.

Sehun plays with his phone while waiting for his turn, there's still almost half an hour to go before his turn. He looks at almost a hundred messages from his friends, he chukcles before reading the message one by one. He could always trust his friends to crack jokes and throw some random questions. He is thankful to have them as his friends, he wants to tell them about everything but now might not be the best time. He wants to come clean about what happens with him and his parents to his friends, he knows they deserve to know. But he's not ready yet and his friends know their boundaries.

He was scrolling down until the end of the group chat and the door to the doctor's room slowly opened.

"Finally, my long-lost patient is here."

Sehun looks up and he sees the male doctor smiling at him.

"Hey, doc."

He greets him back and then put his phone back to his pocket before entering the doctor's room.

 


 

"Dr.Kim will be finished very soon,"

Haewon nods and then sit to wait for her turn, she continues to read the book in her hand. It's almost five and Seokjin says he needs to attend his long-lost patient who have gone without treatment for almost three months. She knows some people would go into denying stage with their own condition. She was one of them, she couldn't accept that she needs help, that she needs other's hand to get out of this struggle.

She comes to realization that she needs help after seeing Seokjin for the first time. He didn't give her all the judging looks and lays out the theory about her condition. But he just listens to her or wait for her to talk to him, he said

'I can help you to fix this unless you talk to me, remember, I'm only helping you. I'm not the one who will fix you by myself, you are the main fixer, you have to have the will to fix this and that way we could overcome this together'

Those sentences are the things she hold onto, doctors aren't there just to fix our problems. They're only assisting us to help us to improve our condition, the sole and main factor to help us get better is ourselves. Our mind, most importantly, plays a big role in recovering our condition. If you told yourself that you don't want to be healed, you won't improve in any way. Unless you have the will to get better, to improve, to change, nothing will change to be better for you.

She finishes almost ten pages when the door is opened and she looks up, she widens her eyes.

"Sehun?"

"Haewon?"

She smile in amusement at their unexpected meeting, "You go to here?" he asks him and she nods. "I suppose you're the long-lost patient?" he laughs as he nods at her question.

"See you around," Haewon enters the room as he exits it.

Haewon takes a seat infront of the doctor as he finishes off writing a report and maybe prescription for Sehun.

"You guys know each other?"the doctor finally throws the question that Haewon knows he would be asking right away.

"He's a friend, close friend." she answers and the older male could see the small smile on her. He put his pen down and observes her face.

"Is he the one who help you to get better and better?" he asks again and she slowly responds with a nod, "We share mutual things, you." she points at the doctor himself and he laughs it off.

"Okay, let me change back into your doctor and not your close brother."

 


 

Sehun walks outside the doctor's room, he wants to wait for her although she said nothing. He just want to see her, they haven't meet today because she spent the recess to talking with her team as they have no practice today and he spent the recess to teach his friends physics.

He checks on every messages that he missed while in the session. Jaewon asks him whether he needs to pick him up or not. He quickly sends him a rejection and says that he'll be home later. A few minutes later, a nurse comes up to him and gives him a prescription.

"This is the new prescription by Dr.Kim, you can pay and take the medicines down the hallways to the right."  she explains and he nods before thanking her. He goes to the pharmacy and waits in line to get his medicines.

"Good afternoon, may I take a look at your pprescription?" the pharmacist asks and he nods, she thoroughly reads the prpescription while checking the dose.

"It's good to see you, Mr.Oh." she says when she reads his name on the prescription, "Does he tell everyone that I'm his long-lost patient?" Sehun asks and the pharmacist just laugh.

 "Well, I work here everyday, I know whenever someone's been missing his or her sessions. Wait a minute, I'll get your medicines in a moment." she goes to the back.

In a few minutes, she returns with his medicines.

 "These are your medicines, make sure you check the dose everytime you're taking it. This one, silenor, don't take this unless you're sure you will have seven to eight hours sleep. This dude only helps you to stay asleep, so you must be careful. The rest are fine," she explains it to him and he listens to her, it's been a while since he got a prescripted medicines. He usually go for some over-the-counter sleep aids.

"Thank you," he thanks her and she smiles, he puts the medicines to his backpack before heading back to where he's waiting for Haewon.

Ten minutes later, Haewon gets out of the room and quite surprised to see Sehun still there.

"Are you waiting for me?" she asks him with furrowed brows, he simply nods as if it's normal for him to do so.

"You're done?" Sehun asks her and she shakes her head, "I havent't got my new prescription yet." she answers and then the nurse comes up to her.

"This is the new prescription, have a nice day Haewon." the nurse says and Haewon thanks her, "I'll be back," she says and he nods as he waits there.

 


 

"Haewon, how are you?"

Haewon smiles at the pharmacist who takes her prescription and read it thoroughly. "I'm fine, holding on, I guess that's how Dr.Kim says." She answers and the older female just laughs.

"Wait here, I'll be back."

She patiently waits for her medicines and soon after, the pharmacist lady comes back with another five different medications for her.

"You know the rules, but you are prescripted for clonazepam for the first time so for a reminder, only take this at night. The rest are your usual medicines," Haewon nods while looking at the medicines in the plastic bag.

"Thank you, see you later." Haewon smiles,

"Have a nice day," theolder female responds.

She walks back to where Sehun is waiting while putting her medicines inside her bag. She looks at Sehun whose reading something off his phone,"I'm done," she says and he looks up.

"Dinner?" he asks as they walks out of the hospital together, "I thought we're going out this weekend and not today," she recounts their agreement a couple days ago.

"Well, consider this as an unexpected meeting, so it doesn't count." Sehun suggested but she just laughs. "I have somewhere else to go, but if you want to come with me, I have no problems." explains Haewon and he contemplates for a moment before nodding along. "Alright," she smiles and they go to the bus stop together.

"You've memorized history?" she asks him and he just laughs, "I'm in memorizing things such as history so, let's just see tomorrow." he shruggs while shaking his head.

"That's funny, I'm quite good at it but I can't promise anything about getting a good grade on it." Haewon sighs, "How about your practice? No practice today?" he asks her and she shakes her head. "I have apppointments in the hospital every Thursday so I called it an off-day, everyone needs a break from my annoying and demanding voice tone." Haewon jokes as the reached the bus stop.

"I never see you getting all bossy and demanding, it makes me wonder how would you look being a captain." Sehun wonders as he imagines her being demanding to her teammates, "Asks the others, I'm quite demanding during practice." Haewon gives him a suggestion to his wonder.

"I would rather to see it with my own eyes," he yeases her but she just let out a chuckle to his tease, "You will not be pleased though." she warns him.

"Well, I don't mind." he adds, still teasing her. Haewon looks at him in disbelief but just laugh it off together.

Soon the bus comes and they get on the bus together. It is the time for others to get back from work so the bus is quite loaded but Sehun manages to secure a seat for Haewon meanwhile he stands up right beside her.

"Where are we going anyway?" he asks and Haewon looks out to the orange sky, "To pay a visit," she answers and Sehun could see the twinkle in her eyes as she looks up to the red orange sky, reflecting the sunsets.

 


 

After fifteen minutes, they get off the bus and arrived at Seoul Memorial Park. It is the place where Taewon's ash is stored, the reason why she decides to move to Seoul.

They walks into a big columbarium where a lot of shelves are filled with urns. They walk to the center of a shelf and then stopped in front of a shelf with 'Son Taewon' name on it. Haewon smiles as she takes out a paper flower from her bag.

"Happy birthday, I know you hate living flowers because you can't throw it out even after they die. So, I'm here with these flowers again."

She put it on the vase that is placed next to the glass. Sehun looks at the photos that is stored inside the glass, a family photo and a photo of Haewon and Taewon. They resemble each other very much, he's keeping quite a distance from her to let her speak with her brother. Her voice is soothing, she's trembling and he knows because losing someone isn't an easy thing to get over from.

"I'm her with someone who cherishes me as much as you cherishes me. I'm going to be okay so don't worry about me, I'll come by next March okay?"

Haewon smiles and then turns around to see Sehun standing still, "Can I...?" he asks and she nods before leaving the room.

"Hi, my name is Oh Sehun. I know it hasn't been long since I know and get close to Haewon but I promise in my best ability to take care of her, to protect her. You may don't know me but you can trust me, hold my words."

He speaks as if he's really facing her brother face to face. He might not her boyfriend (yet) but he wants to give her late brother a reassurance that he'll take care of her, that he'll protect her. He gives another look at the photos before leaving the room.

Outside the room, Sehun finds her sitting down in a stone chair. He smiles and then approaches her, "Shall we?" he asks while offering his hand as she looks up. Dried tears are clearly seen in her face but she smiles and then grab his hand to stand up.

"So, dinner?" he asks again and she just laughs, "Sure, why not?" Haewon smiles at him and Sehun swears his heart skipped a beat.

 


 

"We have medically indused her into a comatose state, the drug has left the system but she went into a vegetative state which mean she could hear us but she can't control her body. Tears are one of a few sign that she's still alive. We may could expect her to wake up soon or going into persistent vegetative state," the head of the team of doctors that handles Haewon explains.

Mrs.Son lookat at Haewon, "So she could hear us?" she asks and the doctor once again nods. Her husband is currently attending a video conference about a patient back at their home so he can't be there to console his wife.

"I'm sure she's going to be alright," Sehun smiles as he holds her hand, "She's a fighter," he caresses her face.

'I won't give up, I promise'

 

 

 

⇒ HOLAA PEEPS!!!

It's been a month since the last time I've updated this fic, I'm so sorry~~ Anyway, I just realizes that October 22, 2018 is my 7th annivesary in AFF lol Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chaoter as much as I do enjoy writing this for you! I'm surrently still trying to balance my college life so bear with me! OH EXO is coming back soon!!! I can't wait to see what they have in store, I've pre-ordered the album btw hehehe 

Don't forget to leave comments, subscribe, and share this^^ I love reading comments especially the long one! :D