Seventeen

Every Day with You
"She loves going to the competition, she said that she could watch the trend and listen to what kind of music is currenty in the trend." Jisoo says while staring at her dear friend on the bed.
"It’s kind of weird seeing her like this, shes always so happy and full of joy." Areum says while caressing her friend’s face with a smile, "She’ll be okay, I’m sure." Eunyoung assures everyone in the room.
"And believe us when we say you’re the only guy she ever loved that much. I mean, yeah she fell in love before with you but you are different. I can see that well, we can see that obviously." Eunyoun adds as she pats Sehun’s shoulder.
"That’s what I’m holding on, hope." Sehun smiles at them, "And you need to stay alive and healthy, Haewon won’t approve this. Come on, I’ll get you some foods." Jisoo says while pointing at Sehun’s condiiton. After Haewon’s parents left, he stays for days again. Didn’t go home or change at all. "I’m good," he declines but Jisoo already dial someone from her phone.
"Lee Taemin, get us a bunch of Subway. Like, lots of them, now. Please?"
"Oh, is that how you ask him to get you foods during classes?" Jisoo rolls her eyes at that remarks and they laugh together.

 


"You guys ready?"
The cheerleader team already stands in a circle in their waiting room. They have their accessories and properties ready, all look nervous because it’s their first time going on a big competition without the 2nd year with them.
"Hanhwa, 5 minutes."
One of the competition’s liaison officer opens the door before leaving them to announce it to the other team.

"We did our best, we’ve prepared these things together. So trust yourself, trust your teammates. So let’s get out there and show them what we got." Haewon says and the girls’ face heatens up, all ready to get out there and show what they got.

"WE CAN DO THIS! LET’S GO!" Areum shouts and they yell out their ‘magic spell’ before going out of the room to get ready for their turn.

They all line up in the hallway with the rest of the team from other high school, Haewon stands in the front of her team as the leader. She smiles and talks a little bit with the girls from another team. Everyone seems try to relieve their nervous and stress by talking with one another. Stress and nervous before performing is normal. Some people have cold sweat, thumping heart, dizziness, or even tingling feeling like you need to throw up or take a pee.

"We’ll be fine, don’t worry." Jisoo pats Haewon’s shoulder and the girl in ponytail smile, "Cross our fingers nothing bad happen during the performanc," Haewon says.

"I saw a bunch of seniors in the bench when I went to the toilet earlier," Eunyoung who just got back from the toilet says and get back in the line.

"Yeah, Sehun told me that the team also going to come and watch." Haewon simply says and makes her best friends look at her as if she’s saying something illegal.

"Wow, that makes sense." Areum says while nodding her head, "Stop making that face, I know what kind of face you’re making Areum." Haewon throws her a playful glare and the girls just laugh.

Haewon rubs her knuckles, trying to calm herself down. She may say that she’s fine and calm everyone else but she’s actually not fine. It’s her chance to prove that Miyoung made the right decision by choosing her as the captain so she is nervous. With the basketball tem come watching, that doesn’t help with anything. Although Sehun has seen her perform during the tournament, she still can’t ease her mind.

 


 

"They’ll be up soon,"

Kyungsoo says as he takes a seat right beside Jongin who is busy with his own snack while looking at the third group that is currently performing now. Sehun sits by the end of the row while sipping on his coke.

“Everyone looks good, like really good.” Taemin says while looking at the stage in front of them, “Well, it’s the national championship for cheerleading. Of course they’re good,” Sehun adds.

“So, are you and Haewon good?” Jongin asks while looking at Sehun’s direction, the questioned male just smile. “You guys aren’t a thing yet, right? Or am I missing something?” Taemin furrows his brows as he throws his mate an assurance-needed look.

“Nope, not yet.” Sehun shakes his head with a smile, “Ooooohh, something’s happening soon.” Kyungsoo throws out a creepy tone that makes the other three turns at him with a ‘what-the--is-that’ look.

“Stop staring at me, the girls is next up.” Kyungsoo nods his head at the board next to the stage that tells them whose next. The other three quickly looks at the stage as the announcer talks.

“Next up is the winner of the national championship for three years and the participating students this year is the first year of Hanhwa Senior High School. Please welcome, INFERNO!!”

Everyone claps their hand as the girls enter the stage. Haewon stands alone in the front as the captain to lead the girls to give a bow before they starts their routine.

Sehun smiles as he looks at Haewon who blows her whistle and then the music starts. After their date a week ago, they’ve been talking non-stop even to the extent that he goes to her class to wait for her so that they can go to the rooftop together. He knows she doesn’t really comfortable with people watching them as they walks to the stair that leads to the rooftop but he wants her to overcome that. He knows some details about her childhood and where she lives in New York, he has been encouraging her to talk to her even to the most traumatic things as he does the same to her. Both want to get better and they need each other to be opened if they want it.

Haewon helps him to face his biggest fear, helps him to be more open with his parents. His relationship with his parents may haven’t repaired but he starts to listen until they have finished talking before excusing himself to his own bedroom and he actually starts talking with his parents like normal kids. But he still can’t let them go through his wall that fast. She understands his situation and she actually gives him some advices that works for him. Even Jaewom says that something’s change in him. Sehun feels that he’s getting better, they are getting better.

 


 

Haewon raises her arms as she help to put Eunyoung get on to the top of the pyramid. They walks to the front and throw the girl on the top tp the other lyramid as they switch the top.

Everuone claps their hand for the amazing attraction and it boosts her mood, the team eventually does a lot of attraction and then they get to the end part which they do a two minutes drill.

At the ebd of their performance, the girls bow and Haewon leads them to exit the stage. The audience claps their hands and then another team goes to the stage.

“That was awesome!!”

“Yes, we did it!”

“Oh my God, I can’t believe that we actually did it!”

The girls start to talk as the nervousness gone after they perform their routine.  They were quiet before they perform because they feel nervous and scare they might forget something while performing. Haewon smiles at the girls as they go back to their waiting room.

“Okay guys,” the girls stop talking with each other and looking at Haewon’s direction, the captain actually don’t say it loudly but they know whenever they need to pay attention to her.

Haewon waits until everyone stop talking and then clears before starts to talk.

“You guys did a very good job out there, thank you for bearing with me during the practice. I know I may not be the best captain but I’m trying. We’ve done our best, we’ve tried our best now let’s just cross our fingers for the results. You guys can watch the other performances, we still have an hour before the judges announce the result.  Go take a break, eat something, and I’ll see you in an hour in this room.”

The girls cheers as they get ready to get out from the waiting room. Haewon is packing her bag so that it will be safe in the room, she grabs her wallet and phone before heading out with her friends.

“That was amazing, I never felt as good as I do now before!” Jisoo exclaims as she catches on her friends as they walk out of the contestants’ area. There are still quite a lot of group who hasn’t perform yet so they get to rest and watch the other groups.

“Oh, they actually sell quite a lot of food here.” Areum who only focus on her growling stomach says as they approached the food market in the area. They are picking something to eat when Eunyoung suddenly approaches by Taeyong, “You guys did great earlier,” he says and they all thank him for the complementary.

“Oh great, go ahead and have a nice date.”

Jisoo hushes away Eunyoung and Taeyong who just laugh as they walk away, Haewon and Areum are busy picking foods because they are hungry. They never eat before the performance because stomach ache isn’t something they need while performing. Also, they feel way lighter with no food intake so it helps their movement, they only drink water and supplements hours before the performance. After that, they would binge eating on anything they were craving in.

“My lovely hot dog, come here baby. Thank you,”

Areum thanks the hot dog seller with a big smile before taking a big bite out of it. Haewon just shakes her head as she is waiting for her own food. Jisoo is also munching on her own food.

“Great performance you did,”

The three girls turn around to see Sehun walking towards them or actually towards Haewon. Haewon smiles at him.

“Thank you, didn’t expect you to keep watching though.” Haewon says but the male just chuckles, “You guys are really amazing,” Sehun says to the three of them.

“Glad that you enjoy the performance,” Jisoo smiles at him while Areum only nodding along as well because she is too busy with her hot dog.

“So, the nervous part is over. Now what?” Sehun asks Haewon as she takes her order, “Waiting, this is the part that I hate the most.” she says as she takes the change from the cashier.

“What are you doing out here alone anyway, you didn’t come here alone right?” Haewon looks around to see of there’s Jongin and the others or not, Sehun just laughs. “Just went out for an air, you want to watch the rest of the performance?” he asks and she nods.

Haewon looks at at Jisoo and Areum who is talking or more like arguing about what food they want to eat next, “You guys are staying here?” she asks and the two nod their heads. “I’m not going anywhere until my stomach is full,” Areum defends herself and Jisoo just nod along.

“Alright, I’m going in okay?” Haewon says and turn her attention back to the male right beside her.  They walk in to the auditorium where the performance is, they’re just about to start the next performance as they get to their seats.

Jongin looks up when Sehun told him to give a way, “Hey,” Jongin smiles at Haewon to greet her and she smiles back at him. Kyungsoo and Taemin automatically turn their attention away from the dancer to Haewon and Sehun. There’s an empty seat right beside Sehun’s so she sits on it.

Haewon looks round and finds Miyoung siting right beside Minwoo, the older female smiles and gives her a thumbs up at her. Haewon smiles back at her and then watches the rest of the performance with Sehun.

“You guys are amazing earlier,” Taemin who sits the closest to Sehun says, Haewon looks at the male “Thank you, didn’t expect you guys would watch though.” she says thankfully. “Of course we will,” Kyungsoo says and Sehun throws him a glare before he says anyting weird. Kyungsoo just chuckles before turn his attention to the performance again.

“Where are you going after this?” Sehun asks Haewon as the girl eats her food, “If we win, of course celebrating it. But if we don’t, we’ll just have a lunch together like always. Why?” Haewon answers him. “Nothing, just asking.” he nods and focus back on the performance.

 


 

“This is it, you guys ready?” Haewon asks the girls as they are back in their waiting room to gather around and wait for the winner’s announcement. The girls nod their heads but one another know that none of them are ready to hear the result, it’s their first national to be alone so how the hell they could be ready about it. Especially since Hanhwa has been holding the first podium title for three years in a row, the stake is high.

All the team that participates in the championship steps out to the stage together. There are 25 teams in total that represent each of their school. Haewon looks around and all the girls look very tense.

“The result will start from the favorite category,”

Haewon closes her eyes and can only hold her friends’ hands. Her team holds each other’s hand while hoping and waiting.

Another high school name is called out, everyone claps their hand. There are two awards before the first, second, and third podium awards. Everyone claps and congratulates the team who won while waiting for the podium awards.

“And now, the moment that we all have been waiting for.” the MC teases and they all laugh together.

“The third place with a cumulative points of 82 is ……” the MC pauses again, everyone stay silent.

“Seyeon High School!” everyone claps their hand and the team with yellow ribbon on their uniform starts squeling and crying.

They stand in the front while waiting for the other winner to be announced. The second place winner is announced, it goes to a high school called Sunhwa Art High School.

“The last but certainly not the least, with a cumulative point of record-breaking 95 is ……”

Everyone hope for the best, the situation is really quiet.

“CONGRATULATIONS HANHWA HIGH SCHOOL!!!!”

Haewon almost fell on her feets if it’s not thanks to Areum fast reflex, the girls squeals and crying for their win.

“95 is the highest point that ever recorded in this championship, congratulations for Hanhwa for keeping their tittle for four years straight!!”

Everyone claps their hands and scream to congratulate everyone on the stage. Haewon smiles as they take a picture with all the judges. Everyone come to congratulate them especially Miyoung, she screams in joy and hugs Haewon also try to hug every girls, she congratulates them and gives them her thumbs up.

Haewon talks with a lot of people who wants to congratulate her and told her that she had done great job.

Sehun stands quite far from the crowd but still could see her smile, she keeps talking to a teacher who also come to watch their performance but then she realizes that he is looking at her direction. The teacher hugs her and then goes to talk with the other girls. Haewon smiles at Sehun as she walks up to him.

“Congratulations, you guys really deserve it.” he smiles at her, “Thank you, thank you so much.” she smiles brightly at him. The two of them just stare at each other before Sehun takes a step closer and engulfs her into a hug much to her surprise as they never show any PDA.

“Good job, you’ve done well.”

 


 

“The doctor says her condition is actually getting better but we don’t know when she will wake up.” Sehun says to Taemin when he comes to bring the Subway supply for everyone.

“I’m sure she’ll be okay, she loves you. You should hold onto that.” Taemin assures his best friend and Sehun just nods, “I know, I really do.” Sehun says while looking at Haewon.

“Wait for me, please.”

⇒  REALLY SORRY FOR THE UPDATE:(

I just feel like I need to update this before everything goes very very quickly and informative lol thank you for all the new subbers and upvoters! Please don't forget to leave a comment down bellow so I know whether you're enjoying the phase or not:) Thank you once again to everyone and I'm sorry for not being able to update more because I just got back from vacation and the second semester has just begun, it honestly. but well, what can i do lol 

I hope veryone have a good day! Thank you:)