Chapter 2

Pretending

The luxurious living room of Kim mansion was filled with sobbings coming from Jongin's mother. It might have been like only 5 minutes but Kyungsoo had already felt like it was hours now without anyone uttering a single word.

"Is this some kind of a fraud?" At last,their company's director,no,correction, Kim Jongin's father spoke up in a completely stern voice and Kyungsoo shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

"Dad,you said you want to meet the one I am dating right now." Jongin replied calmly with his voice filled with complete confidence.

"Oh! I cannot believe this! My son who I have rasied for 25 years!" Jongin's mom broke out crying again.

"So..you are what people called gay?" This was the first time Jongin's grandfather spoke up and Kyungsoo shuddered a little under his stare.

"It's only Kyungsoo I love,grandpa.But if that makes me gay,then I am one. But I believe love doesn't need label." The younger male suddenly intertwined Kyungsoo's hand and squeezed them when Kyungsoo flinched.

He tried so hard not to snort when Jongin turned his head to stare at him with eyes,with what you called, complete love.

Kim Jongin deserved an oscar for this act.

"Silence!" Suddenly, his grandfather bellowed out at his daughter-in-law. "So you must be Do Kyungsoo."

"Yes." He tried so hard not to stutter.

"How long..how long has this been going on?" Kim Min Joon,Jongin's father asked suddenly with a frown and his arms acrossed in front of his chest.

"I..first met him during the welcome party for interns three years ago." Jongin answer as he Kyungsoo's hand with his thumb and the latter tried not to take his hand back.

"For no reason,he stood out to me somehow. And it was after a certain funny incident  that I madly fell in love with him." The older male blushed furiously as he knew what incident Jongin was talking about. And he swore he just saw a faint smirk on Jongin's face. His devilishly handsome face.

"He didn't accept me at first. Protesting that being in a relationship with a guy would not be appropriate for me and all. But I didn't give up! Not at all for him!" He continued in his dreamy voice still without letting go of Kyungsoo's hands.

"He didn't want to go public and he even urged me to break this off and agree to the arranged marriage." Now fake bitterness in his voice.

"But I can't do this...I can't when he is the love of my life. Now here we are." He smiled softly at Kyungsoo who might have puked so many times inside at this non-sense words.

"Is this all true,Kyungsoo-sshi?" His head snapped up at the question directed at him.

"Ye--Yes." He cleared his throat. "I....I thought I would only be obstacle in his life. As much as I love him, I want him to have a good life.. But I love him..so much." Jongin stared at him with a hint of surprise about his words.

His father just sighed. "Youngsters these days..."  It was all silent for a while after this with everyone especially Jongin's grandfather staring at him quite intentlyuntil Jongin's grandfather spoke. "Mind if I ask you a question,Kyungsoo-sshi ?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. And he was puzzled when he saw the elder took out the purse from his coat. With his quite trembling,he again took out a black and white photo which he handed to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo looked at him,confused. "The one from the left corner is me. Do you know the other two?" Jongin looked as puzzled as him too. Nontheless,Kyungsoo looked at the photo and surprise replaced confusion on his face.

"This is my grandmom and grandpa!" He exclaimed and Jongin's parents' frown deepened.

"Oh my lord. Praise the god!" A wide smile broke out on Jongin's grandfather's face.

"Grandpa, what's happening?" The tanned male asked looking between the elder and Kyungsoo who shrugged his shoulder with a frown. Even Jongin's mother had stopped crying.

"This two..those people were my beloved childhood friends and the ones who helped me out when I was in the poorest time of my life. Do Seokjin and Na Haejin, who was Do Haejin after she married the former of coruse."

He continued when everybody was trying to take in this information. "You have similar features of Haejin, Kyungsoo-ssji. Especially your eyes. I can never forget her eyes. They are very similar That was why I have to ask you and I'm glad I did!"

"I was seperated from them when my family moved into the city. Young man, we were the best of friends. Seokjin..we did everything together and Haejin..Haejin was my very much first love." He said in a sad but affectionate voice, caressing the photo which was now in his hand again.

Everyone was now loss of words.

"It was the money that aparted us. You see, we were veey poor that time and my father would do anything to get out of that stage. He was the man who placed brain before heart. And after everything I had been through,I swore I would never let the same thing happen to my children again! But my son! This man, he was a man like my father. Deciding everything with his head." He said,indicating Jongin's father who now looked very uncomfortable.

"That's why Kim Jongin,my grandchild, you have got my permission. Follow your heart. Cherish your true love. You have my love and support. This is my repay to the kindness of my beloved friends." Jongin's mom gasped loudly.

"Father you cannot do this! This is outrageous! This is non-sense! There would be many problems! What about the heir!" Jongin's father was very silent.

And Kyungsoo couldn't even decide whether he was doomed or not.

"This is 2017,Jin Hee. I have read there are ways for gay couple to get a child together. I am an old man yet I know this." He said in a flat tone and didn't even spare a glance when Jongin's father stood up abruptly and went into the room.

"Honey! Where did you go!? Say something here!" Jongin's mother called out after him desperately.

"Look here,Do Kyungsoo. I will never accept this marriage! Not while I am living!" She spat the words angrily at her before following her husband into the room.

It was now only three of them in the room.

Jongin couldn't even control his smile although the cause of it was not what everyone was thinking.

His plan had succeeded. And there was no way for Kyungsoo to back out of it now.