Chapter 12

Pretending

"So the flowers really don't have any meaning?" Jongin peeked at Kyungsoo through his hair before looking back down on his cup of tea and shook his head.

"No...The urm..flowershop lady helped me picked them out." He lied. Kyungsoo just nodded, holding his cup of coffee with his both hands.

They were now in the kitchen,sitting across each other with their own cups with the atmosphere around them rather awkward.

"Thank you.I really love them." Jongin finally looked up hesitantly to see Kyungsoo's soft smile which made his lips curved upwards in return.

"I am glad you love them." He said softly.

"How..how do you know I like flowers?" Jongin rubbed his nape in hesitation and embrassment.

"I...urm....I was actually there looking when you received that....wallet gift and I saw you smiling at the flowers...at first,I actually misunderstood that you liked that wallet but turned out it was the flowers..." He sure was stuttering alot today and he just want to shrunk into the floor as he brought up the case which caused their fight.

"Listen--about that.." Kyungsoo started, his lipd in nervousness.

"I...urm...I don't really mean it when I said....all those things to you." Jongin smiled softly.

"It's fine..."

"It's not fine!" Kyungsoo cutting him off with a loud voice has Jongin's eyes widened in surprise. "I said those mean things which I should not and I just really want to tell you I don't see you like that at all--" He stopped rumbling on when he felt a hand enveloping his own in such warm and he looked up to see Jongin smiling at him.

"I know. I know you don't see me like that. Also, I had my wrongs to you which  I have to apologise for too. So I am very sorry,Kyungsoo hyung. I took the joke too far this time…." Kyungsoo sighed deeply and a moment of silencce passed between them. Both of them looked up at the same time somehow and their eyes met,drawing out laughters from both of them.

"Am I forgiven now?" Jongin asked cheekily though with a nervous smile. The  older shrugged nonchalantly. "I guess I have to forgive you since you buy me bunch of these beautiful flowers." Jongin automatically smiled seeing that beloved heart-shaped smile on Kyungsoo's face.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

After that,they fell back to usual routines. Jongin would wait for Kyungsoo to go to work for together and go back home together,but of course, without anyone from the office finding out.

Moreover, they now even had an usual movie night at least once a week. They would simply dim the lights the living room with popcorns and drinks in front with some series or movies up on TV. It was,needless to say, Jongin's favourite time.

Whenever something funny came up on TV and Kyungsoo would laugh at it,eyes crinkled and lips turning to heart-shaped,Jongin  would stare at the elder with the soft smile. And there were times jealousy eating him up alive with a pout forming visibly on his lips whenever Kyungsoo gushed about his favourite actor in his favourite series. Jongin would just nod mindlessly and hummed grumpily at those times. And it was one of those times now.

"Awn!! He's so sweet. And so cute!" Kyungsoo cooed at the scene when the main character was staring at his girlfriend with his eyes filled with love and a soft smile (which Kyungsoo adored so much too by the way) and realised so much of how much she was truly the one for him forever.

"I love both of them so much. She's so lucky to have someone who stares at her like she's his world." Jongin turned to look down on his lap sadly at the thought of Kyungsoo not seeing someone who stared at him in the same way,which was him.

"Hey,are you okay? Sleepy already?" He didn't look up. He couldn't. He wanted to tell Kyungsoo of his feelings which was getting serious and deeper day by days. But knowing Kyungsoo at this point, he knew the latter would straight out reject Jongin, telling him he was just mistaking his platonic feelings as love.

Jongin had thought that before too. Maybe he just loved Kyungsoo as a brother or a friend. But if it was that way, Jongin wouldn't be up at night thinking how the older's lips would feel like again or how soft his skin was. And that night. He never forget that night.

"Jongin?" He was finally snapped out of his trance.

"Huh---huh?" He asked dumbly.

"I was asking are you okay? You can sleep now if you want to." Jongin shook his head with a small smile. "Nah. Not sleepy yet. Just thinking about something." Kyungsoo nodded hesitantly and continued watching the TV.

"Hyung....if--if there is someone in love with you....would you date them now?" Kyungsoo turned to stare at him. Jongin was regretting that he popped the stupid question but then Kyungsoo answered.

"I guess not." The tanned male lips formed an O shape. "Why--why not?"

"Well...It's just that dating is not really my priority right now. Moreover,I'm married to you?" Kyungsoo replied teasingly.

"What if I'm the one who's in love with you then!?" He saw Kyungsoo gulping slightly and for a few moments, the only sound in the room was from the TV. Then the older laughed, rather awkwardly.

"Stop joking around,you idiot!" Kyungsoo then stood up,excusing himself to the toilet. And Jongin was left alone,feeling like his heart had been stabbed countless times at once.

"Right---right" He laughed but there was no hint of happiness in it, just pain.

But there were things Jongin didn't see. He didn't see Kyungsoo blushing face. He didn't hear Kyungsoo's heart which was beating so hard that he felt like it was gonna jump out of his chest.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"What?!" Kyungsoo stared at Jongin with wide eyes, mouth hanged open.

"Yeah. My father think it's time we both come out to the public with the help of a media." Jongin replied rather timidly, sitting across him at their dining table. It was morning of their day off when Kyungsoo was enjoying his coffee and Jongin his breakfast when the latter broke out that stressful news.

"But---but what if things go wrong!? What if us doing it damages the company!? What if--what if---" Jongin abruptly stood up only to kneel beside Kyungsoo and took hold of his hands.

"Hyung,Breath.." He called out,earning Kyungsoo's worried stare on him. "I am here. Nothing can go wrong. We have made sure of that. Even if some thing goes wrong, the damage is made sure to be minimum. Relax,please. And it was a private interview for a magazine. It will be only out after we released the identity of you tonight." He pleaded with a reassured smile as he squeezed Kyungsoo's warm hands. After a few seconds of Kyungsoo breathing in and out, he showed him a small smile.

And that was enough for Jongin right now. If possible, Jongin wanted to bring Kyungsoo into his arms and gave him all the comfort he could afford.

But who was he to Kyungsoo? A mere friend. Someone who the elder had to deal because there was no other way left.

Jongin could only sigh.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
"You okay?" Jongin asked when the makeup artist who was doing a touch up on Kyungsoo's face went away. Kyungsoo barely nodded as his eyes ran all over to the busy people in the studio.

As a way to annouce themselves publicly, they accepted the well-known magazine's offer for an interview. A press conference was suggested at first but Jongin knew it would ne too much for Kyungsoo,who was nervous this much even for the private interview.

Jongin's hands wrapped around the shorter's shoulders, comforting him as he moved them up and down before moving to Kyungsoo's hands to intertwine their fingers.

"It will be fine. I am with you. Beside,we have already talked about it,right?" It meaning them discussing of how they would reveal to the public of how they initially met and how they fell in love and all the usual cheesy stuff the public enjoyed.

"Okay...okay.." Kyungsoo gave him a hesitant smile which he returned with a grin.

"Jongin-ssi, the interview will start when you are ready?" With that,hand in hand, they walked in front of about 3 or 4 cameras and sat side by side in front of a lady who Jongin had been once interviewed before.

They greeted each other with a polite bow, Jongin still holding on Kyungsoo's warm hand.

"The interview will start now!" With that, cameras snapped.

"Hello! Kim Jongin an Doh Kyungsoo-ssi! I am very excited and honoured to be the very first to interview you both!" She said cheerfully, her smile wide. Kyungsoo smiled back nervously.

"We both are very excited to be here too!" Jongin replied cheerfully,matching her energy to which Kyungsoo nodded. Then the questions came.

Q: Would you tell me more about your wedding please?
They both chuckled at the same time,without planning for it, as they were reminding about how they were rather at each others' throats. Jongin squeezed the older's hand as he answered with his eyes soley focus on Kyungsoo.
A(JI): Ahh, such memories! We got married in Paris,love city? *Jongin laughed* We had a small ceremony which I posted a picture on my SNS. Yeah. And also,we had our honeymoon there too.
At that the interviewer cooed and Kyungsoo blushed at what she might possibly be thinking.

Q: How long have you dated? And how did you two meet?
A(JI): Three years to be exact. And we met at the office party for interns which I was that time. *Jongin childishly laughed again* Right,hyung?
The said male was startled when  Jongin tried to include him in the conversation.
A(Kyungsoo): Ahh right. Right. It was rather a funny and embrassing memories.

Q: Would you elaborate more on it?
A(KS): I was rather drunk that time and we met face to face for the first time in the restaurant's toilet. *He shyly laughed*
A(JI): And that was when I fell in love with him. Love at first sight! *Crimson color decorated the older's face automatically.

Q: so when did Kyungsoo return Jongin-ssi's feelings then?
*Kyungsoo his lips, as he went over of how he was to answer this*
A(KS): He was very persistant. He kinda kept following me around like a puppy whenever he could and also bombarded me with lots of messages of how he liked me everydays.

Q: Oh my god!! So cute!! Another question is that how did Jongin-ssi propose?
A(JI): Well,we normally had home dates since we can't carelessly go out in public. So needless to say, the proposal happened at home too. Actually,I rather felt about it. Hyung deserved so much more.

*Jongin was telling lies but the sad expression he was weating could convince everyone. Kyungsoo decided he should chirp in. He put his other hand over their intertwined ones*

A(KS): It was perfect. *He turned to stare at Jongin and was alittle surprised at how the younger was staring him back. Eyes filled with so much....feelings. He smiled nervously* Jongin planned a date at his house and I went there without knowing what awaited there which was a very romantic scene. He lit the candles and there were flower petals, knowing I love flowers. Then he popped up the question and I just couldn't say no.

*The interviewed smiled dreamily and gushed at how she envied them. Kyungsoo could still feel the younger's intent stare on him.*

Q: Do you two have any cute nick names for each other?
A(JI): Well, Kyungsoo is a very shy person so whenever I called him something cheesy like babe, he said it made him feel weird so I always lovingly call him Hyung or Soo. And he would call me Jonginie. *He laughed*

Then the interview went on about any discriminations they have faced or difficulties in coming out which both of them answered equally.

"Sadly, the interview has come to and end and I would like to say I have very fun time with you two lovebirds and I wish you two the greatest joy in the world. As to conclude this, would you two like to say something to each other? Kyungsoo-ssi first?" The said male turned to look at the younger, his lips nervously. Jongin nodded at him slightly with a smile.

"urm.." He laughed, searching for words. "Jonginie, I know I have always been bad with words and rarely tell you how I feel but I want to say I am very lucky to have you in my life...please know that I.. always love you." His whole face became hot as crimson color crept on his cheeks and ears. And he couldn't decipher what Jongin was thinking what he just said as he just stared at him the whole time with a soft smile painted across his face.

"Urm...Jongin-ssi?" The said male only came to earth when he heard her voice. He quickly hid his feekings wuth an another smile.

"Oh urm...Soo Hyung,I know you have alots of doubts about being with me and all and I really want to chase away all your doubts and I sometimes think you deserve so much better...But Hyung,I love you. You know I will always love you the most right?"  (A/n- sounds familiat? ;) )

With that,the interview eneded. But the real unspoken feelings thry had for each other hanged in the air.



 

A/N-I hope you enjoy this chapter. Comments are always appreciated ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ