Chapter 16

Pretending

It had been a weak since that day. The day Jongin suddenly kissed him and they had a small "argument", resulting for the younger to storm off later. And he had been successfully avoiding Kyungsoo too. Even though they live in the same house,the older could barely catch a glimpse of him.

Kyungsoo knew their distant behaviours had the whole office stirring up rumours about them heading to "divorce". Main reason were that he had not been going home with Jongin like before & the younger had not been coming down to visit him too.

Kyungsoo sighed at the thoughts before focusing back on his work again. Almost. He heard his supervisor instructing one of his collegue to bring the paperworks to be checked to Kim Jongin upstair .

"I can get that upstairs for you!" He volunteered cheerfully when the guy was to leave to do his work. The guy hesitantly nodded before handing the file to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo inhaled sharply when the lift dinged, signaling Kyungsoo that he had arrived to the floor where Jongin's office was. He didn't know why he was here anymore. To meet Jongin who was avoiding him purposefully?

He smiled at Baekhyun,who looked surprised but nontheless returned a soft smile with a nod. Kyungsoo knocked on the door and heard Jongin's voice telling hin to come in. So he did with hesitation.

"You can put that here. Thank you." So Kyungsoo did that,walking towards Jongin's desk and put it there. Jongin still had not moved his eyes from the papers yet. It was about a few seconds later Jongin looked up,probably out of confusion why the guy hadn't ledt yet.

And he wore a hint of surprise of seeing Kyungsoo instead before it faded again.

"Why are you here?" Kyungsoo winced softly at how Jongin sounds. Cold and business-like.

"I..I told hin I would get the paper to you." He answered,suddenly started regretting of coming here.

"Okay. Thank you." And he went back to his work again. Pretending Kyungsoo was not there. Pretending the fight did not happen. Pretending they did not kiss.

"Long time no see." Kyungsoo suddenly said,finally getting the younger to look at him again.

"I had been...busy." the little pause in between was enough for the shorter to know that Jongin was lying. And it hurt him. The way Kyungsoo thought about them getting closer than before embrassed him badly now.

"I see that..You look thinner now..Take care,Jongin ah" Jongin just nodded curtly.

"I will leave now. Sorry for disturbing." With that,he his heels,rushing out of the office,his throat starting to hurt as he tried so hard mot to cry.

Baekhyun,as a bystander,could only watch Kyungsoo walking out in the same state his friend/boss has been in for days now.Shoulders slouched,head down and face filled with sadness.He wished those two idiots would make up and realise the feelings they held for each other instead of running around the circle. He sighed deeoly before focusing back on his laptop again.

▪︎▪︎
It was two days later that Kyungsoo was called into the MD's office. He was puzzled why he was called as he walked there. With a knock and a drop of hesitation,he opened the door to reveal Jongin and his father.

"You're here. Good. Been waiting for you." Jongin's father sais as he signalled him to sit beside Jongin,who had only glanced at him once when he came in.

"Explain this." The elder Kim put down the file in front of them on the table rather harshly. Kyungsoo was still in confusion of why he was here and what was in that yellow file. Jongin just picked up that file and took out what seemed to be the photos of something.

It was seemed to be taken secretly in the place which looked like a club,with all those dizzying lights and a bunch of people dancing.

And the main focus of that photo was Jongin,who lips were pressed firmed against a woman,who had her hands wrapped around his neck.

Kyungsoo reached out,shaking slightly,to pick up the pile of photos which Jongin threw back on the table. Kyungsoo first thought was that they were photoshopped. Just nonsense.

"It was nothing. She just came onto me suddenly before I had the time to stop it. They might have taken those pictures at that moment." Kyungsoo's hands looking throught the pictures stopped.The initital calmness and thoughts he had vanished in that moment.

The pictures were real.

"These pictures are real then." He muttered under his breaty but Jongin managet to hear it. The younger turned to him with rather pleading eyes.

"Hyung,I--" Kyungsoo's eyes were still firmly on the photos

"Look. I don't want to know what kind of misunderstanding and argument is going on between you two. It's your privacy. I respect that. But I will not tolerate any behaviours that would affect the company. And I am talking to you,Jongin." Jongin's father spoke up,looking upset and impatient as he continued. "That reporter delivered those to me himself and dared to threaten me. He only decided to let it go after much negotiations and large cash! You are now a married man,Jongin. Fix your behaviours. It's not the time to run to bar and get drunk when something inconvenienct happens. I am just glad your grandfather is not aware of these." Them two just sat in utter silent all through this.

"You can go now." The elder Kim said with a loud sigh,as he leaned back on his chair.

▪︎▪︎▪︎
"Hyung,it was--"

"You don't owe me any explanation,Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo cut him off with a timid smile."I am sure you would feel suffocated from not having any fun for a long time."

But I always have fun when I'm with you,Hyung..

"Yeah..Yeah,right...That was just me being ually frustrated" Jongin scoffed, partially realising how ridiculous he sounded. "And that was the reason for the kiss too. I guess I just needed to get laid or something." Kyungsoo just stood in front of him,silent,with a face rid of any emotions,when he mentioned the kiss.

"Yeah..."

"So you are fine with me......sleeping around?" Jongin asked,dreaded for Kyungsoo's answer,although he was wearing a smirk.

Say no. Say no. I will do whatever you want me to do,Hyung.

Kyungsoo opened his lips,which were quivering a little before he bit the lower lip and again wore the little fake smile.

"Yeah." Jongin clenched his fists so hard as he nodded and turned to walk away,leaving Kyungsoo just standing there like a statue yet broken inside.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
The days went om,they fell back to routine of coming to work and going back home together. That killed some of the rumours going on at work. They also did eat together but not always anymore. Jongin mostly came out late. Kyungsoo didn't ask because Jongin didn't seem like he would tell and the older also was not ready enough to hear about the younger's activities with someone, in bed.

Today they had a launch party of one of the partner companies today and it was a must for them to attend it.

Kyungsoo smiled a little when he saw Jongin struggling in tying his bowtie. Again.

"Need help?" He asked with a soft smile.

"Yes,please." Jongin gave up with a exasperated sigh.

It was quite when he was tying it. He could feel the younger's tense gaze on him.

"Jo Insung will be there today" He was surprised when the taller suddenly spoke up. More so when it was about Jo.

"I see." Kyungsoo muttered nonchalantly as he finished off the tie.

"You two have contact these days?" Kyungsoo looked up at his husband before shaking his head lightly.

"No " Kyungsoo stared in silence,puzzled,when the younger muttered Thanks and just abruptly walked out of his room.

What had their relationship become?

▪︎▪︎▪︎
It was tiring. He didn't know how Jongin managed to handle it but it was exhausting for Kyungsoo to smile and greet whoever they met,making small talks.

"I am going to the toilet." Jongin asked and didn't wait for Kyungsoo's reply as he turned and walked away. He sighed,still trying to figure out what turned the younger's mood sour.

"Kyungsoo" He turned when he heard his name being called but that person turned out to be the one he wanted to see the least right now. The one who he had been trying so hard to cut off these past days.

"Hyung--"

"Can we talk? Please?" Kyungsoo bit his lips in dilemma,not wanting to draw any people's attention to this scene.

"5 minutes only." He finally agreed with a sigh as they both headed out to somewhere wuite and secluded.

▪︎▪︎▪︎
Jongin sighed on the way back to the area where the event was. He did not even know why he ignored Kyungsoo like that. It was not the older's fault at all.

Just when he was about to turn the corner,he heard soft mutterings coming from the opposite side of the otherwise quite corridor. He could not make out what they were saying but one of then surely and strangely sounded like Kyungsoo. He had to say the curiosity got the best of him as he silently walked towards that side.

And he saw two figures hugging. Kyungsoo and Jo Insung.

Jongin took a deep breath,exhaling slowly before he turned to walk away. It was just his bad luck that kept pushing him to see there was no place in Kyungsoo's heart for him. It was just his bad luck. Just bad fate.

▪︎▪︎▪︎
"Are you going out? Aren't you tired?" Kyungsoo asked,concerned,when he saw Jongin preparing to go out after changing his clothes to casual yet stylish attire. They finally got back to their home a few minutes ago but now Jongin was about to go out again

"Just wanna get some fresh air." He replied with a tight smile

"Okay. Don't be late." Kyungsoo remined to which he just nodded and muttered a soft Okay.

Kyungsoo could only sigh for the umpteenth time today.
▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

It might be around 12am when the door bell rang non-stop. Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes,sleepy as hell as he reached for his glasses,placed on the nightstand beside the bed.

"Baekhyun?" His eyes widened when he saw the familiar guy who had Jongin draped all over him.

"Jongin!?" He exclaimed softly before helping the secretary to carry the tanned male into the apartment.

"He called me out to drink together. I told him not to drink alot but as usual of Kim Jongin, he never listen to me." Baekhyun said with a sigh.

"Sorry. And thank you for bringing him back here." Kyungsoo apologised and thanked him,feeling sorry for Baekhyun who had to deal alot with drunken fussy Jongin.

"No problemo. Need help getting him to the bedroom?" Baekhyun offered but Kyungsoo declined with a smile.

"No. I will handle it from here. Thank you a lot!" He said it but it was difficult to get a man who was utterly drunk and taller than him to get somewhere.

Kyungsoo put his hands on his waist and exhaled after putting Jongin to bed. He knew Jongin had a habit of sleeping half but he didn't really wanna strip down Jongin while he also didn't wanna leave him with this shirt,reeking of alcohol. So he opened the younger's closet and quickly searched for a simple T-shirt before starting his difficult mission of changing the shirt.

That stirred up Jongin abit,who opened his eyes to see Kyungsoo before him.

"Can you sit up straight?" The younger obeyed him without a word and with dazed eyes.

"Hands up " He did as he was told this time too and it made Kyungsoo smiled alittle because he looked like a little baby now. Well,not so little though....

"Why did you get drunk?" Jongin just hummed back as Kyungsoo put a shirt on him.

"Sorry" Kyungsoo heard Jongin muttered before leaning his head on Kyungsoo's chest,his legs dangling from the bed.

Just when he was about to push Jongin back to make him lie down on the bed to sleep,Jongin's arms wrapped around his waist tightly. Kyungsoo rather panicked as his heartbeat quickened.

"Jongin,go to sleep." He said as he tried to unwrap the arms but it just caused the younger to hug him tighter.

"Iloveyou" He felt Jongin mumbling something but the voice came out muffled onto his shirt.

"What?" Jongin backed out from the hug but the hands remained tightly on Kyungsoo's waist. Jongin didn't look drunk now as he looked Kyungsoo in the eyes straight.

"I love you,hyung."

 

 

A/n - :3333