Chapter 11

Pretending

Jongin had been avoiding Kyungsoo and he knew it. Kyungsoo was always awared of lashing out badly when he was angry and he knew he went rather too far this time with Jongin.

Jongin had only spared him a small timid smile and a nod whenever they came across in this suddenly large apartment.

Kyungsoo sighed deeply, staring once again at the empty living room which was rid of Jongin who went to the office very early during these days. He,too,then headed to work with a heavy heart filled with guilt.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"There's an upcoming meeting on..urm...2pm tomorrow." Baekhyun lookes up to find his friend Jongin,rubbing his temple with his eyes out of focus. He sighed, looking at his friend who was in the same depressing condition for several days

"Jongin,are you okay?" The said male looked up,eyebags heavy under his eyes.

"Eh yeah.yeah. i'm fine." The tanned male replied with a tight smile. "Just abit tired."

"What happened? You have been coming to work really early and working overtimes alot lately." Jongin shook his head as he waved his hand in dismissal.

"I am fine. Don't worry." After a few seconds,Jongin finally asked a question after much consideration.

"Tell me Baekhyun, am I...Am i just a spoiled good for nothing rich kid?" Once again,the secretary was taken by surprise at his friend or boss's question.

"Yes." Jongin's lips formed an O and he wore an expression that couldn't be sadder anymore than this.

"I thought you were like that when we first met. At the university." Jongin looked up at him with a surprised face.

"You were with your typical popular elite friends and I immediately assumed you were those normal arrogant people." Baekhyun smirked seeing his friend pouted.

"But then I saw you in the library daily, sitting at the corner while reading so diligently. And I saw you in the dance studio, practising  your off for daily whenever I cane to my singing club. And I realised maybe....maybe you were not what you looked like to be." Jongin smiled sincerely.

"And then we became friends." Baekhyun nodded, agreeing with what Jongin said.

"Yes,we did. So in conclusion, no,Jongin I do not think you are just a spoiled brat. I know you always work hard and try your best all the time."

"Damn,dude."jongin pretended to wipe away his fake tears which made Baekhyin laughed.

"But I am still sorry that you had to let go of your real dreams, a dancer." That made Jongin smiled sadly while he remembered his childish dream of becoming a world wide know ballet dance.

Oh how young and foolish he was to think that without realising the responsibility he carried since birth.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Jongin tapped on his steering wheel while the car was stuck at s traffic point as he thought about a place to go which was anywhere but home home where he would see Kyungsoo.

Not that he didn't want to see the older. It was the opposite. He could look at Do Kyungsoo all days long and never got bored. It was just that he didn't want to make the other felt awkward at his presence.

At the cornee of his eyes,he noticed a small flower shop and the sight of Kyungsoo smiling down at the bouquet he gave together with the wallet present on that day.

Kyungsoo hyung likes flowers.

He only came back to his sense when he heard impatient car horns blaring at him from behind. Jongin swiftly parked at the safe place after turning back at the U Turn place.

The bell chimed when Jongin opened the door slowly and it revealed a very beautiful decoration inside with various flowers and paintings grazed on the pastel color walls.
"May I help you,sir?" The seemingly owner  was around in late 40s and she looked kind as she smiled up at him.

"Urm..I want to buy flowers..." He just realised how stupid he sounded. "A bouquet,I mean." The old owner laughed.

"Any kinds of flowers you want?" Jongin scratched his nape in embrassment.

"Actually...I don't really know about flowers but...I just want to gift them to...someone.." He confessed, ears bright red. "Kinda as a sincere apology." He added softly.

"No worries,dear." She assured him with a smile as she walked past him and Jongin turned around to see her cradding a purple flowers in her hands.

"Purple Hyacinth might just be what you want." He noticed they smelled very sweet and they looked unusually beautiful.

"Purple hyacinth,they mean sorrow and asking for forgiveness and symbolises deep regret." He was amazed at how flowers had this kind of meanings.

"I hope this is what you want?" Jongin nodded with a smile.

"Yes....Yes.Thank you."

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Familer black shoes neatly put away at the corner of the entrance meant Kyungsoo was home. Jongin braced himself with a sharp intake of breath as he stepped inside the house and walked towards Kyungsoo's room.

"Just give it to him and smile and walk back. That's it. You can do it." He hesitantly turned the door knob around which only revealed the room rid of Kyungsoo. Then he realised the older must be showering. That thought somehow made him blush.

Jongin then quickly decided to lay the bouqet  with a card attached to it,down on the bed gently before he walked out of the room with a hope of Kyungsoo liking it.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Kyungsoo came out of the bathroom, drying his very short hair with a towel but already dressed in comfortable clothes from head to toe as he had a habit of dressing up in the bathroom.

He stopped on his track when he saw a bouquet of purple flowers on his bed which he picked up gently and smelled at it like his habit.

It smelled sweet. He smiled at it and it still didn't drop even after reading the card attached to it.


《          I sincerely apologise everything I. 
            have done to you.
                                                With Love,
                                                         KJI.          》

(A/n = Meaning of purple hyacinth- sorrow and asking for forgiveness and symbolises deep regret.)

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
*A DAY LATER*

"Kyungsoo!!!!!!!! You lucky bastard!!!" He looked at Jongdae with a frown as he was once again dragged to his office desk.

"What the hell?" He muttered as he put down his bag on his chair to pick up the bouquet of white small flowers beautifully wrapped up.

Again,he saw a card attached to it and a soft smile graced on his face when he read it.


《         Please don't hate me more for sending this to the office. Be happy and wear your precious smile as always.
                                            With Love,
                                                         KJ.          》

(A/N = Sweet Alyssum symbolises beauty)
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
*1 DAY LATER*

"Oh god." Kyungsoo laughed as he walked towards his bed where a bouquet of red carnations flower was laid. "He's crazy!" He said to himself, chuckling.

Outside of his room, there was someone leaning against the wall, smiling when he heard Kyungsoo's melodic laugh.


《       These flowers have the same color
                of you when you beautifully blush.
                                                With Love,
                                                         KJI.        》

(A/N = Dark red carnation indicates deep love and affection)
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
*1 DAY LATER*

"The whole house is filled with flowers and their smell at this point,Jongin." Jongin jumped when he was caught red-handed in Kyungsoo's room while he was about to leave the flowers again.

"I--I'm sorry. I just think you would like the flowers..I'm sorry." His heart became heavy at the thought of him annoying Kyungsoo again. The older smiled softly at Jongin's sudden pout.

"What flowers this time?" He asked softly as he walked towards the man who was nearly 6 feet yet now standing so small with a bouquet in jis hands.

"Gardenia." Jongin mumbled and looked up with surprised wide eyes when Kyungsoo took the bouquet in his hands,smelling it.

"Thank you..I love all the flowers you give." Jongin's heart swelled with happiness when he saw the older's heart-shape smilr sincere while he also felt like crying also due to delights.

"Any meanings behind these flowers?" Kyungsoo asked, looking up at him with his wide doe alike clear eyes. Jongin's ears went bright red as he thought of the meanings of the flowers he gifted to Kyungsoo.

He shook his head timidky as he told a lie."No..No..I just thought they are beautiful." Like you.


(A/N = Gardenias with a tint of yellow at the base symbolises Secret Love)





 

A/N - I am really sorry for the very slow updates. :(((( I hope you love this chapter and I tried my best to search for the flowers' meanings  Plus,our Jongin is whipped for KS ;)) Comments are always appreciated. Thank you!!! 

 

Edit- and to those dears readers who want them to just hurry up and make out, S A M E. Hehehehehehehe. But still slightangst is needed too ;;;))))