Chapter 5

Pretending

"So...you own this apartment too?" Kyungsoo asked with a frown as he put down the luggage. Jongin,who came out of a room chuckled. 

"Well..My father gave this us a wedding present." He replied with a nonchalant shrug as he walked around the living room.

"So which  room do you want to take?" He asked the older who was busy admiring the kitchen which was located at the right side of the apartment. 

"Huh? What?" Jongin gave him a funny look.

"You're not..You're not thinking we're gonna share the same room,are you?" Kyungsoo's eyes at widened at Jongin's word who was smirking.

"Hell no!" He exclaimed and looked away quickly. "I--I will take the smaller one." He said later.

"I'm hungry!!" Jongin groaned as he fell onto the couch quite dramatically. The older just shook his head at the latter and walker towards the kitchen cabinets and fridge.

"Do you want to eat fried rice?" Jongin craned his head to stare at him,wide eyes.

"I found some rice and vegetabales. Someone might put there for us." He continued,already putting the simple ingredients on the basin.

"Probabaly my Mom. And yes please! I'm so hungry." He whined like a kid again.

"You need to wait like at least 30 minutes though." Kyungsoo replied, already setting up the rice cooker and started washing rice.

"So you can cook?" Kyungsoo was startled by the sudden voice behind him. Jongin was standing behind,leaning on the chair.

"How do you think I survive living alone everydays?" He didn't look back and continued frying.

"You can order though." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "I'm not rich like you." Pregnant silence fell after that and the older kinda felt guilty for his harsh tone.

"Help me with something?" Jongin stood up abruptly behind,taking off his eyes from the backside of the older and shooed away the thought of how Kyungsoo rather had nice.....

"Yes?" He asked eagerly. "Please take out the dishes." And Jongin proceeded to doing so.

"So..urm...you like broccoli?" Jongin instantly realized he sounded really stupid when Kyungsoo  looked up from the plate (finally!) with a frown.

"What? I'm just--I'm just trying to make some conversations."  He replied with a pout and went back to eating which made Kyungsoo smiled secretly.

"Yes." Jongin looked up at him with wide eyes with mouth full. "Yes. I like them. They are one of my favourities." 

"How and why even!?" Jongin exclaimed,swallowing hard to which Kyungsoo gave him a blank stare.

"I'm not really a fan of vegetables. And you can say fried chicken is my very very favourite." He said with a grin and Kyungsoo shook his head.

"Such unhealthy food." He said, making Jongin pout. Since yesterday, Jongin had been treating him nicely and he did not know how to feel about it.

"Oh come on!" Jongin leaned back on the chair which made the older laugh.

"Are you saving up that rice for tonight?" He asked,laughing, referring to the rice stuck far above his mouth.

"What?" He pointed to it. "There's a rice stuck there." He said with a small smile.

Kyungsoo leaned into when Jongin kept failing to reach to it. "There you go. Such a big baby." He removed it perfectly with a chuckle only to stop when he saw that the younger was staring at him,wide eyes.

"Sorry--I just--" Jongin shook his head abruptly with a nervous laugh. It was only when the doorbell rang which saved them from very awkward silence.

"Who's that?" Jongin said in confusion as he walked towards the door.

"Hello! Dear beloved mother!" Jongin greeted at the familiar woman, turning back to look at Kyungsoo with an awkward smile.

"Hello,honey!! You look much thinner!" The woman held the younger's face in both hands.

"Have you eaten? I brought some food!" She said and walked pass through, merely acknowledging Kyungsoo's greeting.

"Jongin, why are the luggage in this room. I thought you prefer airy room better!" Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo with panicked eyes and they both knew she was referring to Kyungsoo's bags.

"Urmmmm...Kyungsoo and I are still deciding which room to stay in." Kyungsoo nodded in agreement and winced slightly when she gave him a short glare.

"Mom,have you eaten? Kyungsoo made a very very delicious fried rice!" Kyungsoo just wanted to shut up Jongin then as he saw the dissatisfaction grew larger on the elder woman.

"No. Thank you." Suddenly, two people came in with bags in their hands as walked into the room which was supposedly Kyungsoo's.

"Mom, what are those?" Jongin asked to which his mother smiled back at.

"I am moving in with you for a while. Of course, to make sure you are all okay in this...." she paused,seemingly finding a right word. "kind of marriage. And to make sure that he can at least cook well enough for you." Kyungsoo clenched his fist, swallowing everything down.

"Mom,I married him because I love him. Moreover, Kyungsoo can cook very well." His mother clenched her one fist and forced a smile. At that moment,she really reminded Kyungsoo of Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter, all in her pink dresses with a overly friendly smile and voice.

"I'm tired. I'm gonna rest in my room for a bit." With that,she left and Kyungsoo rushed beside the younger.

"Jongin,what the hell!?" Jongin rubbed his temple.

"I--I don't know. But! It doesn't matter as long as we act natural." Kyungsoo groaned.

"Still----urgh. What have I gotten myself into!"

                                                 ▪▪▪
"WOAH" Jongin exclaimed when Kyungsoo came out of the bathroom which was in their bedroom.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked with a frown.

"You--you are wearing shorts !" Kyungsoo's ears reddened at the younger's words.

"Says--says the one who is topless!" He retorted.

"You're gonna wear it to sleep?" Jongin asked again. "Yeah huh. I can only fall asleep like this. Don't like it when my legs get too hot."

"But you have never done it before like when we were in Paris." Kyungsoo stared at the younger blankly.

"Well,Inspector Kim Jongin-sshi, since we're gonna be together for quite a long time, there's no disadvantage in making myself comfortable starting now." He explained as he climbed on the bed,failed to see hoe Jongin gulped and looked away when his shorts went up nearly on hid upper thigh, and settled quite afar from the younger.


"I'm not gonna bite you if you come closer though ." He grumbled as he saw Kyungsoo was scooped up at very far left corner of the bed.

"Better safe than sorry." Kyungsoo muttered and fell asleep as soon as he closed.

Jongin was left with s small sheepish smile, admitting to himself that he was very lucky and glad that it was Kyungsoo he was faking being in love with. 

                                              ▪▪▪

Jongin woke up, eyes blinking repeatedly and he rubbed his eyes as he yawned. He looked beside to find Kyungsoo still sleeping and amazed at how the latter still managed to sleep in that position whole night. Except something that made everything inside Jongin went weird. The older was curled up aside but the blanket was away from body and rested on his legs,leaving his upper body and abit of his smooth legs.

And Kim Jongin suddenly grabbed his phone swiftly and secretly took a picture with a smirk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- subcription and comments are always welcome!!! <3333