Chapter 13

Pretending

"I am telling you, you don't really need to do this at all." Kyungsoo huffed annoyingly though his hands were rather shaking as the lift got closer to his work floor.

The news about them were released yesterday night together with the interview they had and they were many of the mixed reactions to that including some roarings of how they didn't believe their relatinship. But there were some supportive comments flooding especially under Jongin's instagram posts.

"I want to." Jongin beamed beside him, gently squeezing Kyungsoo's, which was intertwined in his. Jongin insisted that he had to accompany Kyungsoo to his desk because "showing off",he said.

"Come on." Jongin tugged at the older's hand when the lift's door opened with a ding. Kyungsoo just hesitantly let himself be dragged by all smiley Jongin. He didn't get at all of why the younger was so happy about all this.

As expected, as they stepped onto the floor, every single heads turned to them and there were even fingers pointing at their intertwined hands, following with soft whispers. Kyungsoo hanged his head low,his face unbearably hot and red at this point when Jongin went as far to the point where he was greeting everyone he saw on the way to his desk.

"Satisfied now?" He mumbled under his breath grumpily, putting his bag down on his desk. Jongin simply laughed at him.

"No." Kyungsoo looked up in time to see Jongin leaning closer to him and before he had enough time to push the younger away, therr were hands enveloping his face gently and a soft kiss was planted on his forehead.

And that was the cue for the people looking at them to gasp out loud and some even whistled.

"Have a good day." Jongin smiled widely before ruffing his hair and turned to leave.

'PrETeNdinG My . That just looked REAL AF!!!!!!!!' Kyungsoo frowned at Jongdae's text,which was sent right before Jongin was even fully out of sight.

'Shut up' He rolled his eyes as he sent the text and plopped down on his seat, trying to ignore the not-so-subtle stares on him.

Kyungsoo just wanted coffee to be able to pass the day. He did not want to hear some girls gossiping about him in the break room at all.

"I don't know what he did to Kim Jongin!? I mean,just look at them. That was a shocker!" One girl exclaimed rather loudly, not aware of Kyungsoo standing outside of the room, rolling his eyes.

"I know! I don't even know what Jongin oppa saw in him. He's not even good looking! At all." Kyungsoo really did pity Jongin's real fiance in future. Even he was being talked bad like that right now.

With a sigh and a fake gentle cough, he entered the break room with his face up high and smiled politely at those two girls who were so flustered that the couldn't even greet back properly.

He could only sigh for umpteenth time today. This was more tiring than he expected.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Hyung!" Kyungsoo sighed internally as he saw Jongin who stood up straight from leaning on his car before when he saw the older coming out from the company.

Jongin was taking publicity to the whole new level. People coming out from the company looked at with either giggles or unsatisfied faces.

"Been waiting for you! Let's go!" And he just casualled grabbed Kyungsoo's wrist to drag him to his luxurious car.

"Wow.okay" Kyungsoo scoffed when Jongin insisted on opening his door.

"Jongin,stop!" Kyungsoo exclaimed with his hands held up high in air when the younger tried to buckle his seatbelt. "I can do this myself." Jongin chuckled shyly.

"Sorry. Got too eager." Jongin chuckled shyly.

"What's wrong with you today?" Jongin casted him a glance and before his eyes focused back on the road.

"I'm just glad that we can finally be free,you know." Kyungsoo turned to stare at the younger.

"We're not really free. We are still pretending to be a married couple. We made a deal,remember?" Kyungsoo faced front again,ignoring Jongin's hands clenching on the steering wheel and his smile dropping off from his face.

"I never forget." Then the younger turned to smile at him. Sadly.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
Jongin asked him whether anything happened to him at the company today and Kyungsoo just shrugged it off, lying nothing really changed. However, the younger just saw straight through his obvious lies. So in the end, he ended up telling Jongin about all those loud gossips of them and those disgusted stares on him and him being shunned out. And Jongin,in return, comforted him and told him not to worry of those useless stupid words. It was nothing really but Kyungsoo felt at peace, hearing the younger's words. And he was aware of the feelings he held for Jongin had been growing very dangerously.

"So...." Jongin trailed off, scratching his temple while being conflicted of something.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo asked, looking up at Jongin while stilling wiping the last dish clean.

"There is kinda like a urm...event coming up " Kyungsoo hummed.

"And?" He fully turned to look at nervous Jongin after putting the dishes in their places.

"My father wants us to attend that event." Kyungsoo's turned stone cold. Full on publicuty. He was not ready for that.

"I know it's too much for you---I will--I will tell Dad." He grasped Jongin's wrist halting him to stop.

"Wait! We should ...we should go." Jongin opened his lips,letting out an O sound.

"Cool. That's cool. Cool cool cool" Kyungsoo quirked an eyevrow at Jongin.

"I thought it would be fine since I have you?"  The older looked at him,
nervousness displaying in his eyes and his bottom lip trapped between his teeth.

Kyungsoo might have said that with no intentions but Jongin could just melt into the floor because wow.Kyungsoo was attacking him with full force.

"Okay. We're going then." He grinned like a happy puppy as he held Kyungsoo's hands in his.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"Ready?" Jongin whispered into his eyes, intertwining their fingers. The car they were in parked right at the red carpet they were about to walk now. As expected from many of the many famous business owners and even idols attending this launching event, there were many medias, flashing their cameras.

Kyungsoo hesitantly nodded, gulping.

"Just follow my lead,okay?" Jongin sqeeuzed his hands, flashing him his reassured smile which was able to calm down Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo sighed deeply and nodded again and Jongin flashed him a smile before the car door was opened.

Kyungsoo had to close his eyes for a little,trying to adjust to the blinding flashes coming from the cameras

"You okay?" Jongin whispered, his warm breath brushing across his ear. He smiled up at the younger instead of replying in words.

Like all the others, they had to pose on the red carpet for a while, forcing smiles on their faces. Jongin,instead of holding his hand this time, had his hand coiled around Kyungsoo's waist gently and he never failed to smile down gently at Kyungsoo and rubbed his back up and down as in calming motion.

Jongin was trying his best to calm Kyungsoo and the latter really appreciated it. Never in Kyungsoo's life that he imagined he would be in front of many reporters and be a husband of the heir or a famous business company.
 

"You know most of the people here right?" Jongin whispered again in his ears and the older just wished he would stop doing it because it just drove him crazy.

"I guess so..." He answered hesitantly as his eyes raked over the mass hall room, decorated beautifully and various famous People laughing and talking.

"It will be fine. Don't worry so much. I will be with you full time ." Jongin half hugged him,rubbing the side of his shoulder up and down.

About 30 minutes after that, they went around to people,introducing Kyungsoo especially and initiating a small talk mostly of their married life and about their companies. Throughout all this, Jongin had never once stopped his skinship with the older. His hand was either enveloped around Kyungsoo's or it was wrapped around the latter's waist.

"I'm going to the toilet. Do you want to come or...?" Jongin asked him after like an hour they had been here and Kyungsoo debated over what to do. 

 

"I will be fine here." In the end, he assured Jongin,who was still unsure of leaving Kyungsoo alone. The younger glanced back at him several times and he smiled at him every time he did that before he was completely out of sight. 

 

Kyungsoo sighed deeply as he chose to stand in the corner, holding onto his wine glass tightly. Just a few sips of this weak wine was making him abit dizzy. 

 

"Urm..Kyungsoo?" His eyes moved up to look for the one who called out his name and saw a very familiar one from the past standing tall in front of him in all black suit. 

"Hy--Hyung?" 

 

 

A/n- and who might that be???  ;) Hope you are enjoying this story! <33