Chapter 4

Pretending

"Hey! What the you think you are doing?!" Kyungsoo let out a sigh at the familiar voice and instantly, sweaty body which was all over him was pulled away harshly.

Kyungsoo didn't even wait to see what happrned next as he rushed out from the club. All he knew was to get air and to be away from this place. He was out of breath and his head was going all round and round.

 

                                                 ▪▪▪

 

He did hear the other's calling out his name yet his steps never ceased.

"Kyungsoo,please!" It was only when Jongin,who was panting hard, grabbed his wrist that he finally stopped. Yet,he didn't turn to face him.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry,Kyungsoo." Jongin let go of his wrist only to take off his leather jacket and put it around the older.

"You are shaking,Kyungsoo." And the latter hated how Jongin managed to notice how much he was shaking.

"I don't need it." Kyungsoo whispered and shrugged off the jacket which fell to the ground.

He was cold. But that wasn't because of the weather at all. It was how that guy at the club had his hands all over Kyungsoo and he just wanted to tear off his flash right now because that was just so disgusting .

"Kyungsoo,please. I am really sorry." Jongin kept following him,repeating his apologies.  He nearly bumped into the older as the latter suddenly halted and turned around with an angry glare.

"Sorry!? You ing promised,Kim Jongin! And you just ing forgot while flirting with some stupid girl!" Jongin was taken back by how much the other was angry due to hid excessive swearing. And he couldn't even decline what Kyungsoo was accusing him of because that was true.

"Don't!" Kyungsoo slapped his hands away when the tanned male attempted to touch his shoulders in order to calm him down.

"Okay.Okay. We are now going back. Let me get the taxi." Jongin said,giving up about talking to Kyungsoo as he only tried to hail the taxi that was coming.

 

The whole ride was filled with overwhelming silence with Kyungsoo sitting very far from Jongin who had been glancing the former repeatedly.  He bit his fingers in guiltiness as he thought about how terried Kyungsoo looked when Jongin finally caught him outside the club.

 

                                                ▪▪▪

 

"Kyungsoo------" He started again only have Kyungsoo slammed the bathroom door right in his face. Jongin dragged his feet to the living room and slumped down into the couch  leaving Kyungsoo in the bedroom alone like he wanted him to.

He picked up the phone with a loud sigh when it started ringing loudly and sat up straight abruptly when he saw the contact name.

"Hey grandpa." He greeted,glancing at the bedroom door.

"How are you and Kyungsoo?" He sighed at his grandpa's first question.

"Urm.......Fine." he lied.

"Jongin." And he realized how stupid he was to lie to his grandfather who always saw through him.

"All right." Jongin sighed deeply again. "We just have a.....a little fight."

"You did something stupid again!?" Jongin winced at the change in the elder's tone.

"I.....yeah." He admitted. "So my beloved grandpa,please help me how to get him to talk to me again.." He whispered in case Kyungsoo suddenly came out.

"Are you my grandson for real?"

"Huh?"

"Jongin,you have never come to this old man for that kind of advice!" Jongin's face
suddenly felt hot.

"Oh come on,grandpa!" He whined.

"Why don't you take him to that restaurant? You know,like a date?" There was a few seconds of silence after that.

"You mean the restaurant?"

"Yeah. I am sure Kyungsoo would love it."
He scratched his head.

"O..kay." The talk on the phone finallt ended after a long lecture from his grandpa about how Jongin should keep Kyungsoo happy and what not to do and stuff.

And he fell asleep right on the couch, planning for tomorrow and being nonchalant about that fact that it was his 1st time putting this much time on asking someone to dinner.

 

                                                 ▪▪▪


"Good morning." He greeted, feeling drowsy and his back aching as hell. Kyungsoo didn't look at him as he walked out to the balcony and close the door hard.

"Urm...Kyungsoo." He called out awkwardly and the said person didn't even bother about him.

"Kyungsoo." He tried again,this time hesitantly taking seats right across him.

"What do you want?" Jongin winced at thr coldness and impatience in the other's tone.

"I..want to make up for..yesterday night." Kyungsoo's face hardened.

"Haven't you had enough?"

"I want to make up for my mistake! Please believe me. You and I...we are going to work together for quite a long time and I don't want things to be like this between us." He said eagerly with a determined look. Kyungsoo just stared at him quite blankly.

"Please? I am sure you will enjoy this! And it's not some lousy club!" He promised when he saw Kyungsoo's deep frown.

"So....yeah?" He used his puppy eyes which the other,again, just blankly stared at. That went on for a while before Kyungsoo groaned so loud and agreed rather grumpily which put a big grin on Jongin's face.

 

                                               ▪▪▪

"For real?" Kyungsoo asked as they both sat down at the far right corner of a small yet cozy restaurant. From where they were sitting which was beside a big window,Kyungsoo could see the Eiffel tower from not much afar and he couldn't just stop staring at the view. Never in his life,Kyungsoo would think thay he would be able to come to Paris.
The whole restaurant screamed Christmas as it was decorated rather family like with a big Christmas tree at the corner with the lights and all. Beside it was a blackboard and what Kyungsoo thought was the short notes of the customers. Last of all, Justin Bieber's song,Mistlr Toe, topped it all off.

"What?" Jongin asked.

"This place...it doesn't seem to be..you." Jongin chuckled at it.

"Well...My family used to come here whenever we visted Paris when I was young" He said with a smile. "Before dad got all busy with his works,of course." He added,his smkle fading a little.

"Anyway, what do you want to eat?" He again asked with a smile as they both roamed through the menu.

 

"Urm..Listen,Kyungsoo. I am really really sorry about last night." He said firmly while Kyungsoo was sipping water.

"


So this is all part of your apologizing plan?" He asked.

"Yes. I tried my best." The older scoffed.

"For real!" Jongin said, somehow happiness crawling through him as he saw how the older's lips curved upwards.

"Hey,can I call you hyung?" Kyungsoo looked at him suspiciously.
"Woah!Why so suddenly?" The younger shrugged.

"I just want to." He answered with a smile. "So..hyung. Are we okay now?" Jongin asked hesitantlym the older stared at him and shrugged.

"Maybe?"

"Oh come on,hyung!!"

They talked for quite a long time and Jongin got to find out much about Kyungsoo through many questions as in how Kyungsoo could cook (Jongin made him promised that he was gonna make Kimchi spaghetti for him) or hoe much he liked reading. Lastly,he had realized how it was really easy to be with the older(once you got through his cold demeanor which Jongin wa trying to fight through completely.) Hell,he even made Kyungsoo laugh sometimes!

 

▪▪▪

 

 

"So are we that friendly enough for you to put your arm around me like that?" Kyungsoo asked, referring to Jongin's arm on his shoulder.

"Yes!"  Jongin beamed,laughing which made the other rolled his eyes.

"I am trying to warm you up." He said cheekily as he even tightened his hold.

There wasn't much people as it was Christmas day and Kyungsoo would say it was really a good time to walk though it was really cold.

"Wow." Kyungsoo took fast steps,shrugging off Jongin's arm on his shoulder, to admire the very real Eiffel tower close,leaving Jongin all alone. He was not hesitant abit to take out his phone to takr pictures of this breathtaking views.

"Do you want me to take pictures of you with the view?" Jongin offered with a smile.

"No! I am not really the type to do that." Jongin took out his phone before Kyungsoo could see.

"Too bad because you're gonna do that with me!" Before Kyungsoo could protest, Jongin brought up his phone in front of them with his arm around the older's shoulder again. And the results were the photos with Jongin with a big smile while Kyungsoo staring at him with a frown.

"Hey, come on! At least take a good one where I look good!" Jongin laughed at how Kyungsoo was complaining with a pout.

"All right. All right!" And he did take another picture with both of them smiling big as Eiffe tower as the background.

"You should come here with your girlfriend." Kyungsoo suddenly said when they continued their walking. Jongin looked at him,quite surprised.

"Well....One day? I don't know." He said awkwardly. Honestly, he never thought about a serious relationship and worse, a marriage like this.

"Same for you too though!"  Kyungsoo snorted.

"Do you ever have a...boyfriend?" Jongin asked,putting both of his hands in the coat's pockets.

"Well of course.Duh" Jongin's mouth formed a O shape as his mind wandered on about Kyungsoo was like in a relationship.

Is he sweet and caring? Or is he awkward like this? Is he a cuddly person?!  How long did they date!?

He stared at the older and only broke it off when Kyungsoo turned to him.

"Are you not gonna..hail the cab?" And Jongin suddenly becamr aware of how Kyungsoo's ears and tips of his nose were red.

Adorable.

"What!?" Kyungsoo looked at him,confused. "Right right! Haha. I will now!"

 

                                               ▪▪▪

"I can't believe we are going back tomorrow" Jongin said with a sigh. They were both now on the bed with very much safe distance between them.

"Yeah.." Kyungsoo replied.

"Hey,you said you have had a boyfriend right?" Jongin starting the topic again and abruptly turned to face Kyungsoo who was lying on hid back.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo replied softly.

"So....our...the kiss at the wedding..it's not your first?"  Kyungsoo turned his head with a funny frown.

"Of course not!" He replied,laughing. A pout formed on Jongin's face.

"Hey,Jongin." Jongin finally snapped out from swirling in the pool of dissapointment.

"I will wash the jacket for you. I'm sorry." Jongin frowned.

"What jacket?"

"The leather jacket you were wearing yesterday. I made it fell on the ground outside the club and it looks really expensive---"
Jongin suddenly started laughing,finally realizing what Kyungsoo was saying.

"What's so funny !?" Kyungsoo glared at him.

"Kyungsoo,you are really random sometimes,you know that?" He said softly with a soft smile.

"Is it a bad thing?" He said and started yawninh.

"No. Not at all." Jongin replied, staring intently at Kyungsoo.

"Thank you then?" Jongin chuckled lightly.

"Goodnight." Kyungsoo said in mid of an another yawn.

"Goodnight,hyung." He smiled to himself when he thought he had somehow managed to shorten the distance between them. Jongin couldn't thank his grandfather enought for his suggestion for today date.

 

Ane before Jongin fell asleep,he took time to take in the details of Kyungsoo's face from a side. All over,even for a guy,Jongin really think Kyungsoo was cute.

Before he finally fell asleep,he smiled at the realization of how Kyungsoo had a heart-shaped smile and how plump and soft his lips looked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- I will try to update "You and Only You" soon too! Hope you like this! :)  <3