Chapter 7

Pretending

They went off to sleep with a distance which a person could pefectly fit in between them. The next morning was filled with awkward silence even coming from Jongin's mother and both of Jongin and Kyungsoo occasionally glancing secretly at each other.

Today,they were going to visit Jongin's parents' house with his mother sitting in the back of their car. However, according to what she said, she was still staying at with the newly-weds for a few more days. Also,thanks to business calls made to Jongin, the car ride was not filled with utter silence.

Needless to say, Jongin's grandfather completely adored Kyungsoo while his father showed no dissatisfaction or likeness towards him. At least Kyungsoo could safely say he did not dislike him like Jongin's mother.

"I can't believe Mom is stubbornly still staying with us." Jongin started on their way back home now that his mother remained back at the house with the reason of taking some more mecessary clothes. Kyungsoo chuckled, eyes not moving from the car's window.

"She just loves you too much." The younger scoffed.

"Hey, can you plsase just drop me of at the next bus stop?" Jongin turned to glance at Kyungsoo, surprised at his sudden request.

"Why?" Kyungsoo shifted uneasily in his seat.

"I...urm..I have somewhere to go." He replied awkwardly, scratching his neck.

"I can drive you there." Kyungsoo looked at him.

"Urm..no. it's fine. I have to meet up with a friend too,that's why." Jongin's eyes this time lingered longer on the older's frame. His inside being eaten by a strange unlikeable feelings. In the end, he just mumbled an Okay rather grumpily.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

The digital clock on the wall showed 9 p.m and Jongin swore his focus was definitely on the comedy show he was watching and not on the clock every 10 seconds.

About 15 minutes later, Jongin gave up, throwing the remote aside and stood up. He grabbed a first hoodie he saw in the wardrobe and put his phone attached to the earphones in his pocket.

It was not cold exactly, just chilly. He walked aimlessly in their apartment compound with his lower lip jutted out. Just when he reached to a small playground not very far from the apartment area's gate, he saw a silver Mercrdez benz pulling in.

With a deep frown,he intently stared at Kyungsoo coming out from the car and started talking to the person in driver's seat through the window. Although it wasn't clear, Jongin vaguely saw a guy who might even be younger than Jongin and coule be considered as good-looking (Jongin snorted at his own comment.)

Jongin scoffed, feeling ridiculed at how the elder would still be talking cheerfully to someone who he possibly spent the whole day with while Jongin could only get a few response or worse, an eyeroll whenever he tried to talk.

"God! Jongin!" Kyungsoo finally noticed his presence only when he was near him. Jongim didn't say anything as he glanced up blankly and turned his back just to start walking.

Kyungsoo,slightly puzzled by the younger's odd behaviours, just tried to match his quick step.

"Were you waiting for me?" He teased with a toothy grin which Jongin ignored and snorted at.

"Are you upset about something?" Kyungsoo asked, not understanding the younger's cold behaviour. Jongin was normally very chatty and lively, which was quite the oppositevof now.

"Who's that?" Only a few moments when they were before their building tgat Jongin popped up that question. And Kyungsoo knew who he meant.

"I told you. It's a friend." He replied, still not uncomfortable about going into details about his unconscious brother and basically, uncomfortable about talking about hinself. Jongin would be someone who would be a memories in the past after 2 years, when all this would be over. And he believed it was unlikely that he and Jongin, two different people living in two whole different worlds, would still be in touch.

Jongin, on the other hand right now, was pissed somehow. Just how much that person was special to him that he had to lie to him. Though he was sure Kyungsoo noticed his bad mood, he just couldn't help it.

"Have you eaten?" Kyungsoo asked when they were in their apartment which rid of Jongin's mother. "No." Jongin lied and nearly slammed the fridge door while taking out the water bottle.

"Jongin, is something wrong?" Kyungsoo leaned back  on the dining table. The younger stared at him, his face voided of any emtions while Jongin's inside was actually boiling.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a boyfriend?" Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed together as he stood straight. "What?I--I don't--"

"I also didn't know you go for younger types, Kyungsoo." Jongin scoffed, both his hands in his hoodie's pockets.

"I have no idea---"

"You should be careful. You are now married to the next heir of one of the top businesses in Korea." Jongin walked away, Kyungsoo tailing behing him to demand an explanation.

"Or wait!" The tanned male sudden turned around to face the older. "Is he like your--your sugar daddy thing? 'cause he seems rich!" Jongin laughed dryly. Every words of his were fuelling Kyungsoo with anger.

"What does he do? Give you money for a usual ? You can just ask me if you want money. You don't even need to sleep with me,hyung." And what Kyungsoo did after that was punching Jongin right in the face, wiping his mocking smirk.

Later that night, Jongin gave his mom a fright of her life when she saw him curling up with his knees against his chest on the sofa in the dark.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Following morning, Jongin followed Kyungsoo like a puppy, sincere apologies at the tip of his lips yet the latter did not give him a chance to speak them at all.

"Kyungsoo hyung,please." Kyungsoo finally stopped only when Jongin held Kyungsoo's wrist back, his back still facing the younger.

"I--I know every reasons I can give will not explain my behaviours last night. But--but I just want to apologize. I am sorry." Kyungsoo was completely silent. "I wasn't--I wasn't in the right mind and I ended up blaming you..I am sorry,hyung. Please know that I don't mean anything I told yesterday so please please,hyung talk to me.I'm sorry."

Jongin heard Kyungsoo sighed deeply before facing him with his lips in a thin line.

"Is it--is it how you really think of me? Someone who's desperate for money that he sleeps around?" Kyungsoo's voice came out as a shaky whisper. Jongin shook his head abruptly.

"NO! No! I never think of you like that,hyung! I was--I was so hot headed and I just blurted out non sense! You are never NEVER someone like that to me!" Jongin rushed his way to explain things.

"I shouldn't have taken your offer. I shouldn't have--but for my brother---" Kyungsoo hanged his head low and his hands attached to his side. Jongin's hands instantly moved to the older's shoulders.

"Don't say that! Please don't! Hyung,I'm--I am so glad I met you! So please don't say that...." He trailed off as his head leaned down to rest on the shorter male's shoulder. "I never regret meeting you,hyung.."

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Baehyun, how does it feel to be in love?" The young secretary stopped on his track and turned back to stare wide-eyes at his boss sitting who was seemingly deep in thought.

"Pardon?" He asked again but Jongin was still in daze. "Is it..is it like how they describe in movies and films?" Baekhyun hugged the signed  documents in his arms tighter as he searched for an answer to Jongin's serious question.

"Well. It's not always rainbows and happiness like they show in films,of course." Jongin's eyes finally moved to stare at him. "But I think that's what makes it more treasurable, being through thick and thin. You want to remain by their side for always. You cheirsh them and always want to make them smile. And being by their side is simply a bliss." Baekhyun finally snapped out of his trance after what he said and saw a very soft looking smile on his young boss's face.

"So you have been in love?" The tanned male suddenly questioned, making Baekhyun smiled sadly.

"Yes...Yes,I have."


 

 

 

 

 

New chapter upp!! :))