Chapter 3

Pretending

"So why are we still at...France again?" Kyungsoo whispered grumpily when he was putting the golden ring on Jongin. "To get married." Jongin whispered back,smiling at the priest after he had also put on the ring on Kyungsoo.

They were currently at the church with their grandfather and his secretary.(Of course,Jongin's parents didn't bother to make an appearance with his mother not even coming out of her room to talk to Jongin.)  

"But we have already!" Kyungsoo whispered back. Kyungsoo was right. They had already done it with the legal  marriage contract and all but Jongin's grandfather made them do because accordibg to him,tose would be memories

"Now you may kiss your husband." Kyungsoo turned to him,looking confused  as the priest just talked to them in French.

"He said we may kiss now " Kyungsoo's already wide eyes had become wider .

"What!? No!" Kyungsoo exclaimed in a soft tone. "What are you doing!?" Kyungsoo moved his head back further as Jongin moved closer.

"Kissing you?" The tanned male said in a nonchalant tone with his breath now fanning over Kyungsoo's face. "Grandpa is watching." He told Kyungsoo in a singing voice when the latter tried to avoid. 

"God damn it. Do it fast!" He said, clenching his jaw. And there was that moment. Jongin's placing his lips over Kyungsoo's who was shutting his eyes out so much that nearly made Jongin laughed out loud. 

And finally,they aparted automatically after they had been counting 1 to 3 in their minds.

"Jongin." Jongin hummed back, bidding final goodbyes at the priest.

"Did your...did your grandfather's secretary just take a picture of...that moment?" Jongin turned to stare at Kyungsoo stare before laughing awkwardly.

"BUT why!?" Instead of answering, Jongin took the older male by his arm to outside.

"Don't you think this place is beautiful!? We should take pictures!" He said already standing in front of church and gesturing Mr.Lee( the secretary) to take pictures of them together.

"What are you doing!? " Kyungsoo tried to push away the younger male who was curling his hand around Kyungsoo's waist.

"I will explain this later, so please?" Kyungsoo frowned at him.

"Pretty pretty please? One picture only?" His frown deepened as Jongin begged.

"Gosh!" Kyungsoo agreed nontheless, facing front with a sullen face.

 

And Mr.Lee indee was doing his job very well with capturing every moments perfectly of them perfectly while elder Mr.Kim was wearing a proud smile from aside.

 

And Kyungsoo just thought faith had brought him into very weird unfortunate situations.

 

                                                ▪▪▪

 

"So remind me again why are we in Paris while grandpa just went back?" Kyungsoo asked again while they were going to their hotel.

"Oh! You are already calling him grandpa! Great!" Jongin smiled at him but it dropped immediately when Kyungsoo didn't look very impressed with his joke.

"So urm...He wants to gift this trip as urm...our honeymoon one and he thinks it's perfect since Paris is like love city and all." He chuckled nervously at the end. Jongin might admit though he should be the one Kyungsoo was being afraid of here,it was kinda opposite now.

Kyungsoo,on the other side, just sighed and looked out of the window instead and tried to enjoy the glorious view of the Paris outside when their cab moved steadily.

 

                                                ▪▪▪

 

"I am not sleeping on the floor by the way." Jongin said as he was checking the bathroom while Kyungsoo was busy being uncomfortable about the king size bed with flower petals forming heart-shaped in the middle. Moreover, that small knowing smile on  the blushing girl at the reception who gave them their room keys and told them to enjoy their honeymoon suite. 

"Yeah???" Jongin's repeated question brought back Kyungsoo.

"Sorry. What did you say?" He asked awkwardly.

"I am sleeping on the bed." Jongin replied, pointing at the bed.

"Yeah. Me too." Kyungsoo replied nonchanlantly, still not seeing Jongin's point. The tanned male scratched his head.

"O...kay. So we both can share the bed. No big deal!" He said with a small smile, turning around for the bathroom.

Only then Kyungsoo realized that he and Jongin,both of them, will be sleeping on the same bed. He was glad Jongin didn't see how red he became after that.

 

                                                    ▪▪▪

 

"I'm going out." Kyungsoo looked up from his phone only to give Jongin a small nod. And Jongin just stood there,abit stunned that Kyungsoo didn't ask any questions about where he was going.

"For your information," Jongin started again after a few seconds of him standing there awkwardly while staring at Kyungsoo who was busy on his phone. "I am going to a club." 

Finally,Kyungsoo looked up at him, looking blank as always. "Urm..Have fun." Then he turned back after giving Jongin a small smile which he was obviously forced.

Do Kyungsoo was one mysterious man for Kim Jongin who had everyone chamed by him at first sight except the former probably.

                                               ▪▪▪

 

Kyungsoo closed the book and looked up at the clock on the dark red wall in the luxurious living room.

"I am definitely not waiting for him." Kyungsoo muttered as he put the book on the table beside the sofa.

"I was just reading,right." Kyungsoo caressed the couch's skin underneath. 

"And I'm gonna sleep now." He said and felt a blush creeping up again when he remembered about them sharing the bed.

With hesutation Kyungsoo went to bed and after many tosses and turns, Kyungsoo heard the hotel door slamming with feet shuffling sounds and bed dipped beside him.

And lastly, Kyungsoo thought Jongin really really reeked of alcohol.

 

                                              ▪▪▪

 

"Morning." Jongin greeted. "Or is it afternoon?" He yawned while scratching his bare chest. Jongin had a habit of sleeping topless and he guessed he at least managed to  take off his shirt before he fell asleep. He was so wasted last night.

"10:30 now." Kyungsoo was sitting at the balcony, holding a coffee cup in his hand only to spare Jongin a glance before abruptly turning away which made Jongin unable to notice Kyungsoo's red ears.

"Morning then." No replies from Kyungsoo. Jongin sighed, rubbing his temple which was aching really bad. "No coffee for me?" He teases.

"You don't like coffee." Kyungsoo walked past Jongin,not looking him at all. And the latter was surprised about Kyungsoo knowing about it.

"I heard girls at my department talking about your likes and dislikes,okay?" Kyungsoo, seeing Jongin's stunned expression,retorted with a scoff.

"You are staying in today too?" Jongin asked,breaking the silence again.

"No. I am going out today." Kyungsoo answered,looking up from folding his clothes.

"I can---"

"And no. You don't really need to be with me." Kyungsoo cut off.

"Okay." Jongin tried his best to hid his dissapointment. Actually Jongin had no plans but to sleep to wash off every tiredness he had from last night. 

And he would indeed be lying if he said he wasn't expecting Kyungsoo to be all over him unlike this but well it was quite something.

"Hey,so urm...I'm gonna post our urm....wedding pictures on Instagram" With that, Kyungsoo finally turned around with his wide eyes firmly placed on Jongin's face only.

"What the heck. Why!?" Jongin scratched his nose awkwardly.

"I discussed about it with dad and grandpa and they think that it would be the best to annouce the news right now." Kyungsoo's face was pale now with his lips opening and closing with the loss of words.

"I mean dad isn't really fan of that idea but he agreed anyway. So help me choose the pictures?" Jongin grinned.

"Kim Jongin,are you ing crazy!?" Kyungsoo exclaimed. "If you--if you do this, it's gonna affect not only you but also the company! And--and I will be also--" Jongin surely was surprised by Kyungsoo's sudden outburst.

"Whoa whoa,calm down,Kyungsoo. I am really happy that you are worried about me too. But we think that as long as I don't have any faults in my work,like right now," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "People can't say anything. Moreover,I also think it's better to announce it myself first before those ratty journalists do it and cause the ruckus."  Kyungsoo was about to say something but Jongin interuppted again. "AND don't worry. We will keep your identity a secret." Kyungsoo sighed.

"But how?"

"We have our ways and of course, we both have to keep it really low,deal?" Only few seconds later that Kyungsoo nodded slowly.

"So..do you use instagram?" Jongin asked, typing something on his phone.

"I don't...use any social medias..." Jongin looked up with a scoff before eyes widened in realization that Kyungsoo was telling the truth.

"What!? You kidding!?"

"No...."

"Wow...Just wow...Anyway, how's this?" He gave his phone to Kyungsoo who hesitantly took it.

On it, it was read 

            "To everyone,I would like to announce that on 23rd December, I have married my partner who have been on my side for 3 years through many difficulties. Due to various reasons especially with his proests about how our relationship can affect my life, we both have kept this as a secret and now I feel like this is the right time to announce it. Despite being with a man or a woman, it is the true bliss to be with the one you love the most and  would like to say I am the happiest with him who I dearly love. Lastly,I know my uality has come to be a surprise for you all but I would prefer not to put a label on it. I hope you will understand." 

That was the caption with pictures of them two together. First one was of their kiss (Kyungsoo cringed at the memory) the photo only included,staring from the lower part of their noses so that their faced wouldn't be seen clearly. Second photo was in front of church when Kyungsoo was pushing Jongin away,who had his hand on the former's waist, with his both hands on the younger's chest.

But now with their face not included, it indeed looked like a romantic picture with Kyungsoo's hands simply placed on Jongin's chest.

"I know it's really cringe-worthy but mehh. We need it." Jongin said with a shrug when Kyungsoo returned his phond.

"With how I cut those photos, they can't find your identity so easily." Jongin patted his shoulder when he only nodded.

"So have fun touring around. I will be at the hotel,sleeping." He said, yawning and went into the room, leaving Kyungsoo all alone with his uncertainty.

 

 

 

 

"Oh hey! You are back already?" Jongin exclaimed when he saw Kyungsoo sitting  in the living room of their suite with a book in his hand.

"Yeah.About an hour ago." And Jongin realized that Kyungsoo really did like black as his most stuff were and like how he was wearing all black right now.

"Oh I see, didn't know it. I was showering after like what 3 hours of sleep." Kyungsoo didn't say anything.

"Did you have fun?" The tanned male started again, hands in the pockets of his black tight jeans.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo replied shortly like how he always did which made the younger pouted. Before he got an idea.

"Hey! Why don't you go clubbing with me now!?" Kyungsoo looked up with a deep frown.

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't like clubs." Jongin could guess Kyungsoo was more of an indoor type with a book in his hand rather than someone like Jongim who was always about having fun.

But tonight,he wasn't giving up easily.

"Come onnnn" he pleaded.

"No." 

"Then I'm gonna call grandpa to tell how bad you have been treating me!" He said childishly. But that worked as Kyungsoo abruptly put down the book finally.

"Jongin!"

"Kyungsoo!"

He sighed. "Why are you doing this, Jongin?"

"Because I also want you to have fun."

"But I am already--"

"Just tonight,please! And I promise I will leave you alone with your--with your your book!" Kyungsoo stared hard at him before sighing again.

"Fine if you only promise that you will leave me alone at peace!" He stood up.

"For real!?" Jongin exclaimed,somehoaw feeling super happy just because he was able to comvince Kyungsoo to go to a club with him.

"But we are going back if I..I don't feel okay." Jongin nodded enthusiastically.

"Got it!" He promised easily.

 

 

So he dragged Kyungsoo in front of the club easily.

"This one is really cool. I have never been here but they said this place is really nice." Jongin blubbered on when Kyungsoo just followed him quitely. That was before Kyungsoo suddenly holding back the tanned male by his wrist right at the entrance when they could already hear the booming music.

"Jongin--I think I should better go back." He saif softly. 

"Kyungsoo,come on. I will stick to your side,okay? There's nothing to worry about! Just let yourself be free and dance the night night away!" Jongin said cheerfully.

However,Kyungsoo was the type to live his life with his own restraints but in the end, he ended up stepping into the club with such music that nearly made him go deaf.

 

 

"What are you drinking?" Jongin shouted so that the other would hear.

"Just water please." Jongin was to say something but he just sighed a showed him an OK sign.He turned back to the bartender to order while Kyungsoo was looking all over the club with a frown and he just really wanted to curl up somewhehere and disappear. He was busy doing that at the moment that he didn't notice Jongin got dragged by a girl by his hand ,both of them giggling.

"Jongin,I'm going---" Kyungsoo turned around only to find out Jongin wasn't therr anymore. With his shaking legs,Kyungsoo tried to get to the exit as quickly as he could. 

He truly hated crowds. They suffocated so much that he felt like passing out. Especially the clubs like this with all people sticking to each other with music so loud that made Kyungsoo's head ache so much.

Kyungsoo's eyes lit up when he finally saw the exit but not before he was hugged from behind.

"What!?" He exclaimed in shock. He heard a stranger,who reeked of alcohol,whispering something in his ear which made him want to puke.

"Wrong person! Please let me go!" Kyungsoo said in english.The stranger laughed, harshly turning him around.

"Oh so you are a foreigner! Think so." The tall foreign man  started in english, his words slurred. And he started groping all over Kyungsoo's back. He did try to push back but it instead made the guy pulled him closer.

"Please stop." Kyungsoo whimper,close to tears. Nobody around him noticed what was happening. 

And Jongin broke his promise of not leaving his side.