Chapter 17

Pretending

Jongin woke up, groaning as he covered his eyes from the bright light,which was coming through the curtains. He sat up slowly, head aching than ever at the slightest sound of birds chirping outside. It was a seemingly a sunny bright day but not for someone who had a bad hangover. As he was sitting on the bed,head in his hands, Jongin felt his shirt sticking to his chest,in sweat,and realised,as he looked down that he was wearing a different shirt from what he put on last night. And that was when everything hit him,though,slowly.

He confessed to Kyungsoo. He told Kyungsoo the three words he had been avoiding to say. He CONFESSED to Doh Kyungsoo.

"ing hell" Not very a good word to start the day but seriously,he just ed up everything. His breathing quickened as all the events from last night came back in  a flash.

All he could do was now to decide whether he was gonna act like a fool and pretend not to remember anything or just continue his confession from last night. Jongin actually nearly did go with option A. But he decided to be brave and let it all out. What could be the worst thing? Rejected harshly by Kyungsoo,telling him he already had someone he loved. Hahahaha

He heard sounds outside which meant Kyungsoo might be out there for sure since it was their day off. So he inhaled deeply last time as he braced himself and opened his bedroom door.

"Hyung--" He started when he found the older in the living room and Kyungsoo turned to him immediately with a smile. A smile. Oh how he would like to start his all mornings with a smile from Kyungsoo and it would all be perfectly perfect if he could just sweep the shorter in his arms too. Jongin got distracted by his own daydreaming and even forgot how he was even going to start.

But before he could do that,Kyungsoo started a conversation. So nonchalantly. "How's your hangover?"

Jongin blinked several times before he fiunded words in his mouth again. "Uhh bad, headache. But abit okay now." His words came out,stuttered.

"Do you want anything? Coffee? Juice?" The tanned male walked slowly towards to where Kyungsoo was. The elder was acting weird. Like nothing had happened last night. Like Kyungsoo didn't even remember what Jongin told him at all. But that was impossible.

Unless..... Kyungsoo decided for his option A,to pretend nothing happened. Because he didn't want to hear Jongin's feelings. Maybe he was feeling awkward.

Jongin decided to put a halt to his confession. He would only start on it when Kyungsoo would speak about last night. And as a result,Jongin felt weird. And really awkward too.

They both stayed in for the whole evening. Jongin in the living room,watching some tv series (which Kyungsoo said was good before) while Kyungsoo was in his room,doing god knows what,only came out to go to the toilet or to get water. He seemed to paid no attention to Jongin,who kept staring at him everytime he came out.

"Oh you're watching that!" Kyungsoo claimed from aside when he finally noticed his favourite TV series playing on the flat screen.

"Uhh Yeah." Jongin mindlessly replied,playing with the remote in his hand.

"Do you like it? Which episode are you at--" Jongin stood up to his full 6' height, towering over Kyungsoo who was standing at the side of the sofa. It was so sudden that Kyungsoo was caught off-guard as he stepped back alittle in surprise.

"Hyung,you really didn't remember what happen3d or what!?" Jongin couldn't hold it in anymore. He just had got to ask. He was to explain everything the moment the older brough up the topic. But the latter didn't. Instead he was all smiley to Jongin and acting normal. Jongin loved Kyungsoo's smiles. It was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen in his life. But he  could rather guess when the older was forcing it,like what he had been this whole day. But now the smile had fallen off Kyungsoo's face and he was now wearing a perplexed expression.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked,as he his lips and grasped his coffee cup in his hand abit tighter. Jongin scoffed,shaking his head.

"About what I told you last night." Kyungsoo went silent on that,eyes anywhere but on him.

"Hyung---"

"You were drunk,Jongin.You didn't know what you were saying" Kyungsoo interrupted after he inhaled sharply.

"I was drunk. Yes! But I knew what I was doing. And believe me when I said those are not the words of a drunkard. I don't go around saying I love you to people when I am drunk,hyung!" It was ended with a soft awkward chuckle but Kyungsoo was still keeping a straight face with a little frown.

"Jongin...look---"

"I like you" Jongin finally said it out. His heart was thumping so hard against his chest and his throat felt so dry.

"No. I love you!" He corrected his own sentence and older opened his lips to utter something but what Jongin had just said made him speehless.

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo's voice came out louder than he expected. He let out a shaky breath. "Listen to me" He emphasised those words slowly,putting down the coffe cup on the table.

So Jongin did, his heart still thumping at a fast pace as he continued biting his lips anxiously. Kyungsoo looked very serious. His lips were drawn in a thin line and his eyebrows were furrowed. The younger awaited for the outright rejection. Something along the line of 'I am sorry. I am in love with someonelese. My ex boyfriend, we are getting back together'

"You are just confused." But that was what came out of Kyungsoo's lips. That Jongin was just confused. The younger sniggered.

"Confused. How can you--" Kyungsoo sighed deeply,rubbing his temple.

"We just have been very close and we--we...slept together once and maybe now those actions confused you into thinking what you feel for me is love" Jongin's breath came out shakily and his head was aching like crazy.

"Confusion? Aren't you the last person who should be saying this? You,who had faced  many obstacles and told things like 'You are just confused" for your uality--why are you naming my feelings as mere confusion!?" Jongin lashed out,unable to contain his disappointment and anger.

"Jongin,it's not that.You have--you have been with me--slept with me only..That's what I am trying  to say--" The older tried to explain too but Jongin scoffed.

"So you mean I have to go around sleeping with other guys too before I can clearly identity my feelings for you?!" Kyungsoo shook his head rapidly and pushed the glasses up his nose as he tried to explain again.

 "I wish you just told me the truth this time." Jongin's shaking soft voice stopped him as he tilted his head,not understanding what the younger meant by truth.

"What truth?" He couldn't help but asked. He was met by Jongin's eyes,b with tears now and a small smile on his lips.

"I am just an outsider." Jongin was more like talking to himself now,eyes casted down again. "I shouldn't have--I ruined everything...I wish you and Jo the best,hyung" Kyungsoo couldn't even ask what Jongin meant because the latter stormed out of their apartment. Like he usually did.

And Kyungsoo fell onto the sofa, his head aching as he thought hard about what Jongin just said. Wishing him and Jo Insung the best? And he gasped lightly when he finally thought that Jongin might be misunderstanding the situation. He might have seen them two together and came to that false conclusion.

He hurried to his room,searching for his phone which he found later under the pillow. He called Jongin so many times. But it always went unanswered. He left voice messages. But he hadn't heard back from the younger at all.

His worries intensified when it was raining cats and dogs outside,accompanied by such heavy wind. Jongin's car key was left on the TV stand too. He could have called Baekhyun,secretary of Jongin's who also turned out to be his friend, but he didm't have his number.

It was about an hour later that he received a phone call. His phone screen lit up then with "Love❤" displaying on the screen. It was how Jongin saved his number in his phone. (And Kyungsoo didn't  attempt to change it either)

In a split second,he picked up the phone,calling out Jongin's name. But the voice on the other line belonged to a woman's. "Hello, This is from Seoul National hospital. Are you perhaps a family member of Kim Jongin?"

 

 

A/N-oh wow this story reached 2k!? THANK YOU SO MUCH. I apologise deeply for thr slow updates.I've just got exams and all ㅠㅠ I hope you keep enjoying the story! Thank you!