Chapter 14

Pretending

Jongin dabbed his hands with tissue in hurry, earning frowning looks from other people in the toilet. He was in a hurry to go back. To Kyungsoo who was left alone in the hall. Of course he knew Kyungsoo was not a kid. But still. He worried.

He was hesitant to bring the older to this event today. From one look, he saw how Kyungsoo was scared and shaky so he tried his best to comfort the other. Now that he thought of it, he forgot to mention to Kyungsoo about the first thought that came into his mind when he saw Kyungsoo in a suit.

Very hot.

The dark blue suit fitted Kyungsoo's figure perfectly especially his plump . Countless times,he tried not to let his hands ran further than the shorter's back because DAMN,it was tempting as hell.

Loud voices and the sight of various people greeted him again but his eyes were only fixated on finding only one person. A person who was not at the place where he left him to be. Jongin's panic rised up as he tried to find Kyungsoo.

Again,Kyungsoo was not a kid.BUT who knew what mught happen to him!? After about 5 restless minutes, Jongin did find him. At the balcony. Just only not alone and he was holding hands with another guy. What saved him a little was Kyungsoo was frowning as in distaste of what was happening.

Still,watching the scene unfolded in front of him brought out the uneasiness feeling,which he could not quite name or he just chose to ignore to name it. It was burning inside hin at the sight in front of him. He tried to take a deep breath before opening the large glass door and walked out to where  the fwo were standing.

"I've been searching for you,love." He whispered while snaking an arm around Kyungsoo's waist,who was looking up at him with wide eyes. The other guy,who Jongin had not even spared a glance, had let go of Kyungsoo's hands already.

He turned to look at that guy and it took him by surprise when he recognised him. Jo In Sung.

The president of Jo Electronic company. He was famous both for his excellency in his career and taking over the family's company. with a young age.

Not being rude, they both bowed at each other politely.

"I figured you have already met my husband." He smiled looking down at his husband,who went bright red.

"I have indeed though we two first met years ago in our university days." This time,it was Jongin who looked down at Kyungsoo in surprise.

"Right,Kyung?" The tanned male clenched his jaws at the nickname but still waited for Kyungsoo's confirmation. The said male nodded.

"Yes. He was my senior." Kyungsoo turned to look at him with a tight smile. Trying to aviod the tension, Jongin tried to leave the scene,with Kyungsoo of course.

"Ah. I see.. Unfortunately,if you excuse me,we are thinking of leaving now." He said politely, arm still secured around Kyungsoo.

"Nice to meet you. Especially you,Kyung. It's very nice to meet you again." Jongin definitely did not like how fondly that guy was looking at Kyungsoo. And how the latter looked small and embrassed under his eyes.

Jongin had Kyungsoo followed behind him by their intertwined fingers. Jongin was mad. Mad to the point that he could not stop on the way to bid goodbyes to people he knew. But he could not pinpoint the reason of his anger.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Are you okay? You have been silent the whole ride." Jongin stopped at the door way turned to look at him and sighed when he saw the worried wide eyes of Kyungsoo. The latter didn't know it all. About his feelings and how he bottled them all up.

"I'm fine. How are you?" He smiled genuinely and returned the question to which the older cutely held up a thumb up.

Doh Kyungsoo was really trying to kill Kim Jongin.

"I'm going to get changed." He nodded and was about to get into his room to do the same before an idea popped into his head.

He hurriedly  took out his phone to open the music app and searched for a particular song. Kyungsoo turned to look at him with a funny face when he clicked the play button.

"O..kay?" A playful smile bracing on his face, he walked towards the older and extended his hand.

"Will you do the honour?" The familiar melody of a song,which he could never get bored of, started playing and with every passing seconds, Jongin felt like breaking into cold sweats when he thought Kyungsoo was just laugh and reject his offer,taking him as an idiot.

"I mean since you know--we didn't get to dance back there and all--urgh it's stupid,sorry---" He blubbered on and on,his face becoming red.

"Okay" His breath hitched when Kyungsoo smiled and took his hand.

 


Wise Man Says Only Fools Rush In

 


He guided Kyungsoo's hand onto his shoulder while the other was held up in his own. His right hand was placed gently on Kyungsoo's wrist.

 

But I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

 

"Seriously? This song?" Kyungsoo laughed. His ears were once again red at their close proximity. He laughed harder when Jongin pouted at his question. Their bodies just simply swayed to the song without moving much.

 

 

 

Shall I Stay? Would It Be A Sin?


 

"I just love the song alot." He muttered in embrassment,avoiding the older's eyes though it was very hard to do that,considering how close they were.

"True. It's my favourite too." Jongin beamed at the shorter's word.

 


If I Can't Help Falling In Love with you.

 


"Here." He took a further step as he took Kyungsoo's both hands just to place them on his shoulder while his own were wrapped around the latter's waist. Kyungsoo didn't protest as he shyly put his hands near Jongin's nape,the latter's hair brushing his fingers softly. His whole face was very much red by now

 


Like A River Flow, Surely To The Sea.


 

"Better now right?" Jongin asked cheekily to which Kyungsoo scoffed at and Jongin yelped loudly when the older squeezed his shoulders for his cheekiness.

 

 

 

Darling So It Goes, Some Things Are Meant To Be.


 

"Can I ask you something?" Jongin asked, looking straight into Kyungsoo's eyes,both of them rarely aware of their very close proximity and how their bodies were swaying gently to the rhythm.

"Go on."

 


So Take My Hands And Take My Whole Life Too

 


"You and that....Jo guy..Jo In Sung, are you guys very close?" Kyungsoo immediately avoided his eyes and instead they moved to the wall behind Jongin's back.

 


For I Can't help But Falling In Love With You


 

"Yeah." Jongin felt like his heart cracked at Kyungsoo's answer. He forced a smile on his face, pushing back all the thoughts of what  their relationship was.

 

 

 

Like A River Flow Surely To The Sea

 


"We were close but we lost connections when he graduated." Kyungsoo told a white lie. He wasn't ready to tell Jongin the whole truth. And there was no use of doing that. Jongin and Kyungsoo. They were nothing but two people acting in love. Nothing real.

Except when he had those feelings tingling inside him whenever the younger smiled at him or talked brightly or stared at him with those eyes or did something abnormal like what they were doing now.

 

 

 

Darling So It Goes, Some Things Are Meant To Be

 


"Okay." Jongin felt like flowers and butterflies and every kinds of things were growing inside him after he knew they were nothing. And he just couldn't stop smiling ljke an idiot.

"Stop smiling,you idiot." Kyungsoo scolded him sheepishly.

 

 

 

So Take My Hand And Take My Whole life Too.

 

 

 


The shorted laughed when Jongin started singing along to the lyric, his hands now tightly wrapped around Kyungsoo's waist, leaving no space between them

 


F

 

or I can't Help Falling In Love With You

 

 

The lyric came out of the tanned male's lips as a mere whisper,which brushed across Kyungsoo's face as he leaned down closer. Kyungsoo's intertwined his hands behind Jongin's neck shyly as he his lips anxiously,which just drove Jongin crazy. Their noses were touching at this point and they closed their eyes as Jongin tilted his head, diving in slowly for Kyungsoo's lips.

 


For I Can't Help Falling In Love With You

 

Then Kyungsoo's phone rung, breaking both of them apart and awoke them from their trance. Kyungsoo unknowingly pusned Jongin away, creating a safe distance between them and calming down their fast beating hearts.

Jongin pouted like a kid when Kyungsoo didn't spare a glance at him as he rushed to pick up his phone.

▪ ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
"Urm..Where did Kyungsoo go?" Jongin asked Jongdae when he couldn't find the older at his desk. His husband's friend looked up at him in surprise.

They came to work together this morning and they went back to their normal acts. Too normal that Jongin hated it. Kyungsoo acted like nothing happened last night. He acted like they didn't nearly kiss. Like there was nothing going on between them last might.

"He went out to meet In Sung hyung." Jongdae's eyes widened as the words slipped out of his mind. Jongin frowned deeply as the blood rused inside him.

"What? Jo In Sung?" Jongdae sighed in relief when the othwr male showed the sign of knowing the guy.

"Yeah. Be careful or he might snatch away your Kyungsoo,Jongin-ssi." He continued as he thought Jongin knew the story between his friend and In Sung. That was where he was wrong. "Kyungsoo's heart is always soft for that guy despite how their relationship ended."

"Their relationship?" Jongin said the words,clenching his fists tightly beside him.

"Yeah--" words stuck in Jongdae's throat when he looked up to see how angry Jongin looked. Hell,his face was basically red.

"What is their relationship?" Jongdae blinked several times as he reliaed his mistakes. Jongin did not know and Kyungsoo was going to kill him.

"Tell me." He gulped as he debated of what to do.

"They are---they are ex boyfriends."