Chapter 18

Pretending

Jongin rather came out of his apartment building with no jacket. Most importantly,no car keys. He let out a string of curses to himself as he pondered what to do. To go up to fetch those or not? In the end,he decided to fetch a cab and to go somewhere.

That somewhere turned out to be Baekhyun's apartment. He didn't feel like getting wasted so his last resolution was to go to his friend. Jongin just wanted to talk these out with someone. What he didn't realise was that more than half of his problems might be solved if he just sat down and talked things through with Kyungsoo.

Baekhyun greeted him with an astonished face which later turned into a frowning one. His friend instantly knew something happened between him and Kyungsoo without even asking.

He later earned a smack on his head when he told the shorter what happened and followed continuous questions such as "Are you a ing idiot!?" "How even!?"

And Jongin just sat there,sullen,pouting like a kid who got scolded. Jongin then told him about how the one he loved, thought he was just confused and nothing more and that basically he got rejected and now Kyungsoo was going to have his happily ever after with Jo Insung,his perfect ex. When he ended, Baekhyun sighed so deeply,rubbing his temple as if he had a headache from hearing all this. Then he asked the question.

"Did you ask if they two are getting back for sure? Like clearly asked him outright?" Jongin blinked several times, trying to remember the times when he actually asked Kyungsoo. "Are you and Jo Insung back together?" And he couldn't find any. Everytime he mentioned about it in their arguments,it was always vague. Never clear. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he stayed silent and Baekhyun glared at him harder.

"You " Baekhyun scoffed then stood up so suddenly,leaving Jongin like a real idiot he was. Just when Jongin was at the door as he decided to go back to his house because he finally realised he really needed to talk it all out,Baekhyun came out. With a jacket and an umbrella in his hand. He handed to Jongin who just took them,dumbfounded.

"Know you would do that. I don't even know how you managed to come here. It's freezing out there,raining and all. And I tried to find the biggest jacket. It's not my fault that you are so freaking tall." Jongin couldn't thank his supportive friend enough.

"Talk to him properly,Jongin ah" He nodded firmly to that before he left.

Jongin could,thankfully,hailed a cab right outside the apartment. It was still raining heavily though. He was really in a hurry to go back to Kyungsoo. To make things worse, his phone battery had run out,shutting his phone down completely.

The taxi driver was a pleasant guy,around late 40s. It was quiet throughout the ride. And it happened when Jongin was looking down as he tried to turn his phone on again ,though with no success at all.

Suddenly, the car went off track and hitting something hard. Jongin's mind went point blank and he felt like air was coming out rapidly from his ears. He felt something oozing out from the top of his forehead and he was pretty sure it was blood. He heard exclaimations somewhere far and muffled voices. He gathered his energy to move but couldn't. His vision was very much blurred and somewhere alone his arm ached snd stinged alot.

He then rememberd being helped out of the car and the next moment, he was on the hospital car. It was not long after that he drifted off to sleep.

▪︎▪︎▪︎
The first thing which came into Jongin's view,as he opened his eyes in a thin line,was the blinding light coming from the ceiling. He heard voices from surroundings but they were all as if coming to his ears yet processing to his brain very slowly. Jongin realised he was lying on the....bed. Then the realisation of him being at the hospital hit him. There were plasters carefully put on the injuried areas on his arm and also around the top of his forehead,which werr still stinging abit.

He then turned his head alittle and he was surprised that Kyungsoo was there. Kyungsoo. He saw the said male's eyes widened when he finally noticed him waking up. He turned away,probably calling out for the nurse nearby,who instantly came to check up on him. Kyungsoo was still there,biting his lips anxiously and looking at Jongin worriedly.

He hurriedly came beside him after he talked to the nurse and helped Jongin to sit up admist the latter's soft groans.
The older still had not spoke to him properly except small questions like "Are you okay?" "Can you walk?" "Is it okay?"

And Jongin's shock was indescribable when he saw his own car parked and Kyungdoo unlocking it.

"I didn't know you drive." He said when they both got into the car and again had the shock of his life when Kyungsoo suddenly leaned into him. It was just to fasten his seat belt. Jongin stood there,frozen in his seat at the older's caring action.

"I do. I have a driving license. Just saving enough to buy a proper car." Jongin let out an Ohh sound.

And the whole drive was filled with a complete awkward silence. Jongin kept stealing not so subtle glances at the other,whose eyes were on the road the whole time.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎
Jongin followed the shorter into the house, taking off his shoes,eyes still on the unusually silent Kyungsoo.

"Well, too much happened today. At least I didn't die so not that bad." He tried to joke with an awkward laugh to lighten up.

"Don't say that" It was probably a very bad idea because Kyungsoo suddenly replied in a very stern voice but his eyes were saying otherwise. They were brimmed with tears and Kyungsoo was inhaling slowly,his lower lips shaking slightly as if he was trying to hold a sob. Suddenly,he crouched down on the floor,his head hidden between his knees.

"Hy--Hyung!?" Jongin,for a moment,didn't know what to do at the sudden action so he just stood there in shock.

Then he heard soft sobbings coming out from Kyungsoo,who still had his face hidden away.

"I couldn't do this anymore,Jongin-ah." A soft quivering voice came out from Kyungsoo.

 

 

A/n - what couldn't Kyungsoo do anymore? :ooo