Chapter 19

Pretending

"What--what are you talking about,hyung?" Jongin chuckled dryly,his heartbeats picking up a fast pace.

Was Kyungsoo gonna try to put a stop to all this?

"I'm--I'm sorry,Hyung. Please don't cry. Please" He said softly as he kneeled before Kyungsoo,who was hiding his face between his hands,sobs coming out softly. The younger tried to pry his hands away, instead taking hold of them in his own yet the other's chin was still on his chest,face hidden away.

"How could you joke about of your own death..." He heard Kyungsoo's soft mumbling. Jongin's hand slowly moved to cup Kyungsoo's soft full cheeks, bringing his face up,finally,to face him.

Maybe it was the shock of the accident. Maybe Jongin was also scared of what might happen if he didn't survive that. But seeing Kyungsoo's teary red eyes brought a harsh pang to his heart as his own eyes brimmed with tears too.

"How...Don't say things like that..." Kyungsoo's muttered as he stared at the younger,tears still falling drop by drop. Jongin didn't stop saying apologies as he brought Kyungsoo into his arms,face buried in Kyungsoo's black soft hair,leaving kisses.

"I am sorry. I am sorry. I shouldn't have."

"I thought I was gonna lose you---like how I did with my parents---" and Jongin silenced him with a kiss,his thumb caressing Kyungsoo's tear strained cheek. It was a chaste kiss but his lips was firmly on top of the other's.

"I can't..I can't do this anymore." Kyungsoo said as he lightly pushed away Jongin yet putting a safe distance between them. Jongin inhaled sharply as the gnawing feelings in his heart got stronger. His heart felt as if something was squeezing it too hard that he couldn't breath anymore.

"Hyung---" The older shook his head.

"Us doing this--this--kissing and flirting and then the next day we acted like everything was normal and I watched you with some other girls on your arm,like the one in the in the nightclub---" Jongin shook his head abruptly as he rushed to explanation,holding in a sob.

"I swear,hyung, I don't have anyone..I swear to god---"  Kyungsoo didn't badge as his eyes were on anything but Jongin. "I told you. I like you. It's not a confusion,I can assure you,hyung...Isn't it---isn't it you who doesn't want me? I am the one ruining your life together with Jo Insung,aren't it? I'm...I'm sorry..." Jongin didn't stop blabbering on and let out a dry chuckle,which did not include joy at all.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" Kyungsoo looked at him,puzzled,with his red lips half parted and his cheeks flush,eyes widened with  his head tilted to the side.

It was actually such a cute sight.

"I...I knew about you and him.You two meeting each other and all too..and that you still have feelings for him..."  Jongin said in a small sad voice.

"What are you talking about!?" Kyungsoo looked frustrated now."It's you who I like---" Jongin's head snapped up so quickly to see Kyungsoo's face getting so red in a split seconds that he realised he just said it out loud.

The older abruptly stood to his feet but before he could escape,Jongin took hold of the shorter's arm.

"It's I..what? You--you like me?!" The older didn't turn around but Jongin noticed how red the former's ears had gotten. Currently,Jongin felt like his feelings were totally flipped. He was filled with dreads earlier now he felt like those feekings were replaced with something else,shock and maybe happiness. He felt like he was floating on cloud nine.

"Hyung,what you just said..is it true?" Jongin held Kyungsoo's right hand in both of his. "Hyung..." he whined like a little kid,begging for his attention.

Kyungsoo finally turned around,biting his lips and his eyes on the floor.

"Hasn't it been obvious!? About how jealous I was..." Kyungsoo's voice trailed off into a soft tone at the end.

"But--but that time, you even told me to go have fun as much as I want and you didn't even look like you give a about me fooling around at all when you told me that!" Jongin said with a pout,combined with a frown.

"You can't expect me to hold onto you like that selfishly,Jongin ah..."

"Oh hyung...." And with that,Jongin could only bring Kyungsoo into a tight embrace. And surprisingly,Kyungsoo slowly and hesitantly  returned the hug,wrapping his arm around Jongin's waist toom

"Hold onto me and never let me go,please." Jongin slowly backed out but leaving little spaces between their faces,their warm breath brushing across.

Jongin's eyes slowly moved to the older's long eyelashes to his heart-shaped full lips and as if it was on cue,Kyungsoo's tongue darted out to his lips. And Jongin wasted no time to dive in,capturing those sinfilly addictive lips.

Their lips moved slowly. Both of Jongin's hands rested on the older's neck,his thumbs slowly the area affectionately while Kyungsoo's were holding onto Jongin's shirt tightly. Jongin craned his neck,deepening the angle as his tongue prodded Kyungsoo's upper lips to ask for an entrance. And when the older didn't grant it,he bit the lip instead, and took his chance to explore the wark cavern inside,when Kyungsoo gasped alittle in shock.

They parted only when they both ran out of air,both of them inhaling sharply. Both of their lips,especially Kyungsoo's,were glistening with saliva and very red from Jongin's bitings. They took in enough breaths before they both breaking out into soft giggles when their eyes met.

"Why are you laughing!? Stop laughing!" Kyungsoo exclaimed even though he was doing the same,eyes crinckling and his lips forming a heart. Jongin's laughed ceased to form a soft smile,while his eyes were still fixed on the older.

Kyungsoo laughing like that.It was the sight he loved the most. His achings,resulted from the accident before long forgotten as he admired the sight in front of him.

Jongin knocked their foreheads together,still smiling.

"I like you,hyung." The said male didn't say anything but Jongin was content with it.

"Now can we sleep together?" Mayhaps Jongin ruined the mood because Kyungsoo completely backed out,putting a safe distance between then with a deep frown on his red face.

"Wha--what--" Jongin couldn't help but laugh,although doing that rather pained his stomach somehow.

"What are you thinking,hyung!? So dirty-minded! I am simply referring to sleeping nect to each other,with no particular activities,of course." Kyungsoo clicked his tongue and a small pout was formes on his lips.

"No." And it was Jongin's cue to turn on his puppy charm. He put on his full aegyo mode,peckering out his lips into a full pout as he stomped his feet a little.

"But I am hurt!" He even put up his hands to show Kyungsoo the bandaged areas on his arm. "And I am scared. I don't want to sleep alone." Kyungsoo seemed to be contemplating deeply,scratching his right ear. Just when the younger thought Kyungsoo was firm on the No, the latter nodder slowly and muttered a soft Fine.


So here they were,Jongin's head,resting on Kyungsoo's right arm,his forehead against Kyungsoo's chest and one arm wrapped on the older's waist. The younger insisted on having Kyungsoo in his arms instead but due to his still fresh injuries,the position would be uncomfortable for himm

"Hyung" Kyungsoo only hummed in response,his fingers still playing with Jongin's soft strands of hair.(which Jongin was enjoying alot. Like alot.)

"You don't...you don't really like Jo In sung anymore?" Jongin bit his lip anxiously,not daring to look up at Kyungsoo's face as he didn't want the older to see him in this pathetic insecured state either. But Kyungsoo  moved back alittle to stare down at Jongin with a very soft smile.

"Our story ended since long ago,Jongin- ah" He answered slowly,  hand caressing the back of Jongin's head. Maybe that made Jongin alittle too happy.

"But I saw you guys two together.. often…at that party where I first met him and at that café  near our company and last time was at the product launch event we attended together..you guys were hugging.." Kyungsoo looked surprised, but not in a "I got caught red-handed" way.

"You were there all along? Why didn't you ask me about him earlier!?" Jongin's pout automoatically formed as he tried to protest.

"I didn't want to interfere in your matters. I know you are a very private person. I am afraid you would shut me out completely after that..." Jongin traile off after that,as sadness dawned on his face. And Kyungsoo sighed softly.

"Babo" (A/n- please rmber the way Kyungsoo said this to Jongin during their kolon sport photoshoot,when they were talking about Jongin's ring ;) )

"Yeah. I am a fool. A fool for you." Jongin looked up,his tongue bit between his teeth playfully with a smile.

"Oh shut up." Against his words,Kyungsoo's face was so red as he avoided eye contact. "Just go to sleep. It's late now."

"Tell me that one time?" Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the younger's request.

"That you like me" Jongin said as he smirked.

"No. Stop taking advantges or else,I'm gonna kick you off the bed." But Jongin was too happy to care about the firm yet playful answer.Kyungsoo said before that he liked Jongin. He liked Jongin. Not the others. Him. And that was more than enough. He was just so eager to act on his mission to win Kyungsoo's trust.

"Okay!" Kyungsoo didn't even have to react when the younger pulled himself up alittle to peck Kyungsoo's lips and then squashed his face against Kyungsoo's chest,his arm wrapped around the latter's waist securely.

"Goodnight." He mumbled as sleep dawned on him.

Today was such a chaotic day.

 

 

A/n- i hope it doesn't get too boring...