Chapter 1

Pretending

"No! Just no! There is no way I'm gonna agree to this!" Jongin roared loudly, swinging his hands wildly in the air.

"I mean-I mean I am only 25! You can't tie me down like that! Arranged marriage!? What a ridiculous idea!" He protested loudly.

"25 is old enough to get married." His father,Kim Min Joon replied firmly.

"Mom!" Jongin turned to his mother,who sat quietly beside his father till now. "Say something!"

"I am afraid to say your father is right,Jongin." He snorted in disbelief as his mother,who had been always on his side,now taking hia father's side.

"Kim Jongin,you are to succeed this widely successful company one day. And do you know what kind of reputation you hold among the media?" His father started to sound abit impatient with his face turning red.

"Flower boy. National Playboy. Heartbreaker. Ladies' favourite.." Jongin recited everything he had read about him both on internet and in magazines with an obvious boredom in his voice.

"Yes. And I will not let you destroy this company,the one which your grandfather had started from the bottom, with your bad reputation and your lifestyle!" His mother startled as her husband started to raise his voice louder.

"By the way where's grandpa now?" Jongin asked out of nowhere. "I haven't seen him since I came back today."

"Oh he went our for a walk since he said sitting in the house for always is boring." Jongin's mother said quickly.

"Don't try to change the subject!" His father roared, and both Jongin and his mother flinched hard.

"I'm not." He muttered under his breath,leaning further into the couch.

"So let me ask you a question. Do you or do you not have someone you are dating?" Kim Min Joon asked in a firm voice.

"I--" The younger was suddenly out of words, quickly finding a way to get out of this situation. Jongin didn't want to get into a prison called marriage! He was perfectly happy with girls all over him and everything and he had nk intention to destroy all that.

"Yes." His mother gasped loudly and Jongin apologized to her in his mind for lying. "Yes.I have someone I am dating right now." He gathered courage to look up straight into his father"s eyes and hoped the latter wouldn't see through him.

"Why didn't you tell me!?" Jongin's mother asked him and her husband put up a hand in the air.

"Then we would like to meet her." Now Jongin panicked hard.

"But--but you can't!" He replied, gulping.

"There's no buts,Jongin. I will be waiting." His father said with a straight face, standing up.

"And remember this,Kim Jongin. If you are caught lying about this or if you are not getting married as we want you to, this company will never get into your hands." His father said with a small but frightening smile and then he went into the room

Jongin knew his father did as he said.

"Mom! Don't look at me like that!" He whined, catching his mother glaring at him.

"How can you not tell your mother that you are seeing a girl,huh! What kind of a son is that!?" Jongin could only groan looking at his mother following his dad.


▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

" Mom asked you what type of girl I'm interested in!?" Jongin abruptly put down his feet from the glass table as he stared at his secretary in shock.

"Yes." Baekhyun replied calmly.He had known Baekhyun since from the college and they got along pretty well although the latter could be very sassy most of the time.

"Then why didn't you tell me about it!?" Jongin asked moodily.

"Well.When have you ever listened to me calmly,sir?" The shorter male replied sarcasticly and Jongin was sure he just rolled his eyes. Hard.

Jongin clicked his tongue. "Anyway,so what did you tell her?" He asked,playing with a pen around his fingers.

"That I don't know anything about it." The tanned male's eyesbrows raised in surprise.

"Woah. Thank you for not telling?" He said in satisfaction,now knowing that Baekhyun didn't utter a word about anything.

"That I don't know anything about it because you seem to be okay with every kinds of girls." He added.

"What the hell,Baekhyun? Why did you say that even!?" Jongin stood up abruptly and Bakehyun just stood there tapping his foot lightly on the floor.

"God damn it! Thanks for the help,Byun Baekhyun!" Baekhyun sighed.

"Why don't you find a girl to pretend you guys are in a fake marriage?" He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Well.You don't say. But it's not that easy. What if-what if she like glued to me even after the deal has ended?! You know how girls are like for me!" He said rather in a distinct proud way and Baekhyun rolled his eyes again. "Moreover, you know my Mom. She would still try to set me up with girls she like and try to break off this fake thing."

"Then what about a guy?" The smaller male asked after a while in a thoughtful tone.

"What do you mean?"

"Why don't you find a guy. Make a deal with him. And tell your parents you are gay and in a relationship with another guy? Even if your mom still try to set you up,she woukd be hesitated to do so. Chaotic but worth to try in my view." Jongin tapped his chin.

"Hmm...." Suddenly,he stood up and walked out of his office.

"Where are you going!?" The shorter male called out after him.

"Wherever!"

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

That "wherever" was Level-3 of their company. He just mindlessly tapped one of the level button in the lift and now he was here.

Since Jongin sneaked out of the house very early so that he wouldn't see his father, there wasn't much people at the company yet too.

He exchanged greetings with a few employees he saw on the way ,who looked surprise by his appearance at this level 3's marketing department.

"No you cannot do that!" Jongin's halted to stop suddenly when he was in front of the copier room with its door slightly opened.

For no reason,he was curious enough to peek into the room to see a guy giving his back to Jongin, talking on the phone. Although he wasn't talking very loudly, Jongin could still hear him as there wasn't much people here yet.

Jongin could see that he was smaller than Jongin and he could see that that guy had a nice rather for a guy.

Jongin's eyes widened at his own thought about a guy. A guy.

Maybe Baekhyun's idea might make him weird like that.  He thought to himself foolishly.


"I know you are his friend,Sehun but I am his brother. I have a responsibility to give the hospital fees like I always did.......I know........Don't worry. I will manage........I can find more part-time jobs!.........I can also find another house cheaper than the current one........Don't worry. Yeah..Okay......I gotta go now.okay.bye." It was ridiculous but Jongin was still standing here, eaves-dropping other people's chat.

Suddenly,the smaller one turned around and rubbed his face in frustration and Jongin only then realized who it was.

He had met that guy at the welcome party for new interns including Jongin three years ago. It was the time when Jongin was officialy introduced to this company's workers although his father had made him do small work here as a part-time during his university days. But only then he was an official employee of the company.

If Jongin wasn't wrong,his nane might be Kyungsoo? Or was it Kwangsoo?


He should say this guys had left quite an impression on him with his drunk-self on that night. Jongin smiled a little as he thought back of that memory.

It was quite a chaotic night with almost everyone drunk and singing and blubbering non-sense but except Jongin,who could hold the liquor quite well and that small guy,who had not drunk even a full glass and sat quietly at the corner.

It was when a guy beside the quite Kyungsoo who suddenly turned to the latter one, saying loudly that he had not drunk even a bit and that he couldn't spend this night like that. And he literally forced down like 4 glasses of alcohol despite the Kyungsoo guy's protests with everyone around them cheering which was quite cruel in Jongin's eyes.

Jongin could only watch as he did not want to draw much more attention than he already did with his new collegues muttering things about him not so quietly.

A few minutes later,Jongin saw him standing up rather wobbly on his legs and made his ways towards the toilet and Jongin found himself following 5 minutes after that.

"Are you okay?" Jongin was not so surprised to found him in front of the toilet's sink with his face and his hands clenched each sides of the sink.

"Hmm" Kyungsoo guy looked up with unfocused eyes and red face.

"Ohhhhh you!! That Kim something something. Grandson of our president." He said,hiccuping in the middle and Jongin did not really know what to do. He just rubbed his neck,quite loss of words for other's behaviour.

"Nice to meet you." Just when Jongin was about to reply,Kyungsoo attempted to do a 90° bow but obviously he failed by nearly fell onto the floor and hit his head with it.

But he didn't luckily as Jongin managed to come to rescue for him by catching him in the middle.

"Ohhhhh" Jongin's breath hitched as Kyungsoo looked up with very little distance between their faces. Jongin could literally count his eyelashes at this rate. Kyungsoo's face was very red with his eyes half-closed already.

"You can't even stand properly now." Jongin whispered,still nor letting go off his hands around Kyungsoo's waist.

Kyungsoo didn't say anything but his eyes moved from Jongin's eyes to his lips.

"You have....you have very nice pair of lips." Jongin was so shocked by his sudden words that he couldn't even say anything.

Kyungsoo then stood straight although he was abit struggling to do that.

"Try your best at your job." He patted Jongin's shoulders and nodded,with a sloppy smile on his face. And walked out of the toilet,leaving Jongin stunned with his drunk personality.


It was the first and last time they two had spoken. And called it a coincidence but Jongin had not seen him ever since then. Even if he did, it was the faded back view of Kyungsoo. He would say the latter was avoiding him.

"Urm...good morning,Jongin-sshi?" He jumped a little in surprise when he suddenly saw a man who might be the chief of thr department standing in front of him with a puzzled expression. He greeted back politely and excused his way through with a flushed red face.

However,before he went much further from the copier,he heard that old man calling out the smaller man's name.

He was sure of it now. He was called Kyungsoo.

Jongin's corner of the lips somehow turned upwards before he quickly repressed it.


"Baekhyun,my friend! Please do me a favour of calling Kyungsoo from marketing department,will you? And please do find his background profile too!" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows in suspicion as Jongin walked into his office with a very cheerful atmosphere around him unlike earlier. Nontheless,he proceeded to carry out at what the tanned male had said.

After all, he was Jongin's secretary . Baekhyun sighed quite deeply at that thought.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"No." Baekhyun muffled a snort in his hand at how blunt that male with his significant wide eyes was.

Jongin looked so confused at what he had just said that he opened and closed his mouth several times but no words came out.

Baekhyun secretly saved today's date in his mind as this might be the first time Jongin had ever been rejected so bluntly.

"Why not?" At last, Jongin questioned back with his eyebrows creased so deep.

"Because none of what you just told me make sense at all." Baekhyun noted that change in behaviour of that Kyungsoo guy. When he first came into the room, he looked frightfully pale and seemed to be almost shaking. But now, all of those disappeared and his face just looked blank.

"I don't get which part you think is ridiculous,Kyungsoo-sshi. In short, My Dad. He wants me to go to arranged marriage meetings. But I lied that I have a lover. So now he wants to meet her. Only if I get married,I would be able to inherit this company and have a secured future. So I planned to make a deal with someone to be fake married to my fake partner. Clear now?" Jongin took a deep breath after finishing but Kyungsoo's frown had not disappeared yet.

"In your words,you said a girl,Sir. As you can see, I am apparently a guy." Jongin clapped his hands a few seconds later with a wide smile.

"Right! I havsn't told you about that part clearly. Sorry. So my friend-and secretary- Baekhyun." He pointed at the male standing behind him which Kyungsoo glanced and gave a small smile at.

"He gave me this brilliant idea. He told me...that..I should fake like I have a gay partner. Nice huh?" The tanned nodded at his own words with an idiotic smile. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo's face looked completely blank.

"If you excuse me now,I'm out of this." Kyungsoo suddenly said, standing up abruptly and makinf his way to the door even startling Baekhyun.

"Wait! What is it now!?" Jongin,who stood up too, said loudly at Kyungsoo who didn't even turn back kept on walking. Just he was about to open the door,Jongin called out.

"What's the loss in this!? You need money right? You will get large amount of it! Moreover, what's the loss of being a fake gay partner of mine!? I might be even be your ideal type." Baekhyun's eyes went slightly widened at Jongin's words.

Kyungsoo then quickly turned around to look at the tanned male with a confused expression.

"How....how did you know about it?" He asked.

"About what? That you are gay? I looked into your profile quickly, Kyungsoo. It isn't that hard for me to get it quickly." Jongin replied with a proud smirk but hintsbof anger slid past on Kyungsoo's face.

"Kim Jongin. I might be poor. I might be...gay. I might not be as brilliant as you.But that doesn't mean you can order me around. And with someone creepy like you who look into other's people personal profile and also eavesdropped people's conversation!!" He said quite angrily,before slamming the door quite hard.

"What just happened?" Jongin asked Baekhyun,looking stunned and confused.

"You could not have put this case in better words. You ,Jongin." Before he could reply anything, Baekhyun too exited the room.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"What do you mean I don't have to come tomorrow anymore?" Kyungsoo asked, frowning.

"I am sorry." The cafe's owner kept wiping the counter without looking up. "We are not making much profit so we have to lay off some workers..." She said rather guiltily.

"I will try harder. But please,you can't do this to me!" Kyungsoo pleaded desperately which the owner only shook her head slowly at.

"I'm sorry,Kyungsoo-sshi. I know you are a very diligent worker but we only have this way...I'm sorry." Kyungsoo clenched his fists hard, closed his eyes to take deep breaths so that he wouldn't end up crying.

He came out of the cafe, looking worn out than he ever did with his shoulder slouched down.

He needed this money. He had to give Seungsoo's hospital bills soon. The doctors convinced him to give up but he would never do that. Never on the only family member he had left

He dragged himself to the way back to his house or in other words,a very small room at the very rooftop which was also dued very soon with the landlord lady giving him glares everytime they met.

He had only one way out now.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Sir, Do Kyungsoo is here to meet you." Jongin looked up at Baekhyun from a pile of paperworks he needed to finish with a very much surprised reaction.

Then he saw Kyungsoo with his face down and looking smaller tham ever standing behind Baekhyun.

"I will do it." He muttered.

"Sorry.I didn't quite catch it. What did you say?" Jongin leaned back on his leather chair with a proud smile.

"I said- I will do it. I will be a part of your plan by being your fake gay partner or whatever is that."

Jongin smirked at his words.




 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N- 1st chapter now! Hope you all will like it and give me some feedbacks on this! I was planning to write this only when "You and only you" finishes. But I couldn't help myself! Thank you for reading!! <3