:6: "That was weird."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“So how did it go with the beautiful girl you met?” Rosé asked, giggling to herself.

 

The special concert was finally over, meaning that BLACKPINK and BTS could go home and sleep. The next big performance both of them have is at the year-end shows, such as the SBS Gayo Daejun. But that isn’t for another few weeks.

 

Rosé couldn’t sleep for some reason; she found herself staring at the ceiling, unable to close her eyes. So, she decided to ask Tokki about his encounter with the supposed pretty girl he saw.

 

“Nothing. I was too nervous to say anything. I looked like a complete idiot. I’m not too good with women.” Tokki responded, clearly sounding embarrassed.

 

“But you’re talking to me easily! Isn’t that something?”

 

“Maybe. But I can’t see your face, so I think that’s why I’m so comfortable with talking to you.” Rosé was about to respond, but Tokki continued, “Maybe one day I’ll muster up the courage to talk to her.”

 

“Wow, you seem really into her!” Rosé said.

 

“W-What, no! I’m not! I just,” Tokki tried to defend himself with a shy tone, “Ugh, this is weird.”

 

“Is she an idol as well?”

 

“Yeah, she is.”

 

Rosé wondered what idol Tokki could be interested in. Maybe if there’s a dating scandal soon, she can figure out who exactly Tokki is!

 

“Tokki, ask her out! Be assertive!” Rosé exclaimed, trying to motivate him.

 

“Yah, I can’t just do that! She’ll get freaked out. Especially if we’ve never formally met one another.” Tokki responded.

 

“Fine. Let me give you some love advice, then. Next time you see her, if you compliment her and she smiles softly, fixing her hair, you better ask her out.”

 

 

Jungkook listened to Chaeyoung’s advice, thinking that it sounds too specific and cliché, “What does that have to do with it?”

 

Is Chaeyoung giving him flirting advice? C’mon, Jungkook can flirt! Kind of. And it’s not like he’s going to ask Rosé out. He’s not into her! He just finds her very attractive and kind, that’s all!

 

 “That means she’s into you!” Chaeyoung told him.

 

Really? So if Jungkook complimented Rosé and she followed what Chaeyoung said… that means Rosé is into him as well? Maybe he should try it… it would be nice to test it out anyways. But Jungkook is really ty when it comes to flirting and just having a casual conversation with a pretty girl.

 

“Fine,” Jungkook sighed, “I guess I’ll try it next time I see her. Does setting matter?”

 

“Nah. Well, if she’s drunk and does that stuff, it may not mean the same thing if ya know what I’m sayin’.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened, surprised by Chaeyoung’s shift in tone. He’s never heard her be so suggestive before!

 

“Wow, you have a wild side, don’t you, Chaeyoung?” Jungkook joked, Chaeyoung laughing in response.

 

“Trust me, I don’t. I’m not allowed to do a lot of things.”

 

“But if you were allowed you would do them?”

 

“Oh most definitely.”

 

The two talked for a bit more, until Chaeyoung finally told Jungkook that she’s going to sleep. He told her that he needs to stay up for a bit more to work out, to which Chaeyoung started teasing him. It seems like the two are becoming close!

 

Jungkook, who had the whole conversation in his bedroom, left to see where his hyungs were. Seokjin was eating a late-night snack with Taehyung, meanwhile Hoseok and Jimin were playing a videogame together. Yoongi and Namjoon were most likely already asleep, or working on some new music.

 

“Oh, I thought you went to bed?” Taehyung asked.

 

“No, I need to go,” Jungkook started to say, then paused.

 

Wait. If Chaeyoung’s asleep, she can see Jungkook’s point of view right? Oh god, does he really have to avoid looking at his hyungs? He doesn’t want Chaeyoung to find out that he’s a member of BTS!

 

Jungkook looked towards the ground, “I’m going to go work out.”

 

“Are you ashamed by that or something? You have the best body in the group.” Hoseok said, noticing Jungkook’s weird behavior.

 

“No, I’m alright,” Jungkook said bending over, “I’m just tying my shoe!”

 

“Okay then,” Jimin muttered, confused.

 

Jungkook quickly grabbed a water bottle, his head still looking down, and then ran out of the dorm. The four other members watched him leave, not understanding why Jungkook seemed so freaked out.

 

“What the hell was that?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Maybe he realized he got a then ran out.” Hoseok shrugged, earning a punch in the shoulder from Jimin. “What, he’s twenty! Twenty is the prime age for,”

 

“Yah, stop that.” Seokjin laughed.

 

In the building that their dorm is in, there’s a private gym as well. It was almost midnight, so obviously no one is going to be there except him. Jungkook has to make sure that he doesn’t accidentally look in a mirror anyways.

 

Wait, maybe Chaeyoung hasn’t even fallen asleep yet? If she hasn’t that will really help.

 

“Chaeyoung, are you asleep?” Jungkook asked.

 

“Nope. I can’t for some reason.”

 

Oh, well there we go, he’s safe! What a nice surprise. And so Jungkook went into the private gym, trying to figure out what he should do first. Thank god Chaeyoung is awake, because he’d be too nervous to even take his shirt off, especially after what happened when he was asleep.

 

 

…Did you think Chaeyoung was actually awake?

 

You know, if she can see Tokki’s point of view when she’s asleep, she can also communicate. It’s called lucid dreaming, people! Well, technically it’s a dream… it’s hard to esxplain.

 

Anyways, yup Rosé is asleep. She’s getting her revenge of course! You think that Roseanne is going to just let Tokki get away with seeing her ? Oh no, that ain’t happenin’.

 

Tokki was working out, running on the treadmill for a solid thirty minutes then going to lift weights. He did core exercises as well; Chaeyoung didn’t expect him to work out so much at this time of night. She just thought he would be doing an elliptical and that’s it!

 

He sighed, taking his shirt off to wipe the sweat off of his body, “Maybe I did too much,” he mumbled.

 

Yeah, he definitely did.

 

Tokki then left the gym, running up back to the dorm. It was a really fancy building, so they must be either part of a popular group or a popular company… he isn’t from YG right…? Wait no, then he’d be in her dorm building. He must be from SM or JYP then; they’re really the only two other companies she knows of that have nice dorm buildings.

 

You know, she was starting to get used to the mind-conversations, but she still isn’t adjusted to this. It feels completely real. Well, of course it’s real, but still she has no control over it. It’s like a lucid dream without the control.

 

It’s also strange how she’s watching someone else’s life before her eyes, especially while she’s asleep. She feels awake! Agh, this is weird to explain.

 

Once he arrived to the dorm, he walked straight into the bathroom. She didn’t see any other guys, so they must have all fallen asleep. He was gone for a solid hour and a half, so they must have gotten too tired to wait up for Tokki.

 

Chaeyoung then couldn’t see anything but darkness. This either meant Tokki suddenly died or,

 

“Are you asleep?” He asked once more. Ah, his eyes are closed. He must be in front of the mirror.

 

“Nope.” Chaeyoung replied, and she heard Tokki sigh with relief.

 

Here we go. Does this mean Chaeyoung will see his reflection in the mirror?

 

Tokki opened his eyes, and,

 

Wait, she doesn’t see his reflection. She can see the mirror, but where is his, OH. It’s because there’s a layer of steam on the mirror! So it’s just a blurry image of him. She noticed that he had dark hair… and that’s all she could tell. That somewhat narrows it down…

 

Tokki started to whistle a familiar tune as he felt the warmth of the shower water, Rosé getting hyped about her vengeance.

 

And this is where the dream starts to get interesting!

 

 

After Jungkook finished his shower, he asked again, “Chaeyoung… are you awake still?”

 

No response. Uh oh. But she responded all the other times, why is she suddenly not responding?!

 

Jungkook started to panic, wrapping a towel around his waist with haste, “Chaeyoung?”

 

Oh god, she isn’t saying anything! She must be asleep! Does that mean she saw everything? She was awake before the shower, and now she’s asleep! Did she do that on purpose?

 

“Tokki,” Chaeyoung began to say. Oh thank GOD she’s awake! He was getting really nervous for a second!

 

And then she said the worst words possible.

 

“You don’t use conditioner in your hair?”

 

Jungkook froze, looking back at the shower. Yup, she’s evil. She is pure evil. She pretended that she was awake! How did she even manage to do that?

 

“Wow, my whole view of you has changed because of this.” Jungkook said.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled, “You know that I had to do it right? If you saw mine, I get to see yours.”

 

Well, it does make sense. It is kind of unfair… but still, she should have gave him some warning!...right? Or was it better that he didn’t know?

 

At least they’re even now.

 

 

“You know Chaeyoung,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter