:17: "You heard me."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. The room was completely silent and pitch black. Every now and then Jungkook would sniffle, filling the room with at least some noise.

 

He would try to wipe the tears away, but they just kept spilling out of his eyes, causing them to swell slightly. Although he couldn’t see them, he knew his eyes must have been bright red at this point; he’s been sobbing for a whole day.

 

The worst part is that these aren’t his tears… They’re Chaeyoung’s.

 

Sure Jungkook obviously cried at some point, but it’s been a week since Rosé broke up with him, so he’s out of the crying stage; now he’s just dejected. He knows that Chaeyoung is quite sensitive, so he’s not surprised that he finds himself crying every other hour of the day.

 

He deserves to be reminded of her pain. He’s the one who caused it, so he should be feeling it too. It’s only right.

 

No, Jungkook hasn’t tried to contact Chaeyoung. His apology means nothing; it doesn’t make up for anything. That may sound ty, but Jungkook already apologized. Chaeyoung forgave him on the Jihyun thing, but not for the reason why he didn’t pull back.

 

All of this . Jungkook ruined everything. He and Chaeyoung were, as all their friends were saying, a perfect match, and because he’s an absolute idiot, it’s now gone to complete .

 

There was a knock on Jungkook’s door, and he knew that it was Taehyung. The members are taking turns with checking in on Jungkook, and it was Taehyung’s turn this time.

 

“Jungkook? You good?” Taehyung asked, still knocking gently.

 

“Yup,” Jungkook said with a broken voice.

 

“Do you want something to eat?... It’s been like twelve hours since you’ve last eaten.”

 

“I’m alright.”

 

“You’re not but okay.” Taehyung sighed, then left.

 

And that’s probably the last time we see Jungkook for this chapter. This chapter is going to be a little different. I’m just warning you. Don’t write any comments being like “Uhhhh okay so where the hell were Jungkook and Roseanne in this chapter???”.

 

“How did it go?” Namjoon asked once Taehyung entered the room. All of the members (besides Jungkook obviously) were sitting in the dining room, trying to figure out how to get Jungkook’s spirits up.

 

“He doesn’t want food. Still crying… so not too good.” Taehyung replied, the five others sighing in response.

 

“It’s been a week since Rosé dumped him… how is he still crying?” Hoseok asked, concerned.

 

“He was really into Chaeyoung.” Jimin answered, “I’m not surprised that it’s lasted this long.”

 

“Do you think we could talk to Chaeyoung and,” Seokjin started to suggest.

 

“No,” Yoongi cut him off, “I was told that Chaeyoung has been locking herself in her room right when she gets home and starts sobbing for multiple hours.”

 

“Then maybe we can talk to the members.” Taehyung shrugged.

 

“Maybe we could.” Namjoon thought about it, “But what would that help? They’re definitely on Rosé’s side. Hell, I’m even on her side. What Jungkook did wasn’t okay.”

 

“Clearly he feels ty about it though.” Jimin said.

 

“Then he needs to make it up to her.” Yoongi told them, “He needs to show her that he’ll never doubt her or whatever.”

 

“How does someone make up for something like that?” Seokjin asked.

 

“By really trying.” Namjoon stated.

 

“So that means we should talk to the BLACKPINK members.” Taehyung said.

 

“Why?” Hoseok responded.

 

“Because they know Rosé best.”

 

“So we tell Jungkook what they say?”

 

“Either that,” Yoongi replied, “Or we let him figure it out by himself and give him hints along the way.”

 

“Good suggestion,” Namjoon said, “Who wants to call them?”

 

The boys glanced at one another, none of them wanting to call the girls? Why don’t they want to?

 

“Hoseok, why don’t you call Jisoo?” The leader asked.

 

“Jisoo told me not to bring up Jungkook’s name for a whole month.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because she’s pissed at him.” Hoseok replied.

 

“That makes sense.” Taehyung muttered.

 

“How about you call Lisa?”

 

Taehyung shook his head, “Lisa sympathizes to the max with her members, so she’s probably crying right now.”

 

All of the guys were silent yet again. This was until one brave soul sacrifice himself in the name of love.

 

“I’ll do it,” Yoongi mumbled, taking his phone out.

 

“Dude, that’s dangerous.” Jimin said, stopping Yoongi from going on his cellphone.

 

“Why?”

 

“Who are you going to call?”

 

“Jennie.”

 

“I feel like out of the three of them, Jennie will be the least approachable.” Seokjin stated.

 

Yoongi scoffed, “Well you don’t know her at all then.” And so Yoongi called Jennie.

 

“Hello?” Jennie asked, answering her phone. She, Jisoo, and Lisa were currently in the kitchen, trying to figure out how to make Rosé feel better. That was until her pal Yoongi called… not the best time.

 

“Hey.”

 

“...What do you want? You can’t just say ‘hey’ and expect me to guess what you’re thinking.”

 

She heard Yoongi sigh on the other line, “Look, you probably already know why I’m calling. I just wanted to add some suspense.”

 

Yeah, Jennie knew. She expected that the guys would want to talk to the members about Jungkook and Rosé; she didn’t expect Yoongi to be calling though.

 

“Let me guess: you have a plan to get Rosé and,”

 

“Don’t say his name!” Jisoo cut Jennie off.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Rosé and him back together.”

 

“Wow, so Hoseok was serious about Jisoo not wanting to hear his name?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Yup.”

 

“Weird. Well, anyways, we don’t necessarily want to go through with the plan ourselves. We all agree that Jungkook needs to get his together and come up with a plan on his own. We’d just help him along the way.”

 

“How so?”

 

“I don’t know, giving him ideas? Maybe pep talks also.”

 

“You would give someone a pep talk?” Jennie asked.

 

“No, but another member would.” Yoongi replied.

 

“That’s what I guessed. But I can’t really help you since I have no idea how Rosé is feeling about all of this,” Jennie explained, “I mean, I know that she’s hurt and stuff, but I don’t know if she would take him back or not. Once I figure out if she would, I’ll give you some pointers.”

 

“Much appreciated.”

 

“Okay I’m bored now. Bye.” Jennie said, then hung up the phone.

 

“What did he want?” Lisa asked.

 

“Yoongi and the others thought that it’d be helpful to know some helpful hints to have Rosé take Jungkook back. They wouldn’t carry out something themselves, but they would try to help Jungkook muster up some motivation.”

 

“I don’t know how well that would work out.” Jisoo responded.

 

“I know,” Jennie said, “But I agreed to be nice.”

 

“So,” Lisa began to ask, “What should we do now?”

 

The three girls looked at Rosé’s bedroom door, knowing that she won’t come out for another hour. It pains them to see Rosé this way, but once Taehyung told Lisa what happened, they then turned their attention to Jungkook. Why, you ask? They wanted to figure out why he would be such a .

 

“The first thing he needs to do is cut Jihyun off.” Jisoo stated.

 

“Right,” the two replied.

 

“And then we’ll be getting somewhere. But that’s the start. Rosé said that she thought Jungkook would always just run back to Jihyun if something happened, so if Jungkook says a final goodbye, it’ll reduce Chaeyoung’s pain.” Jennie added.

 

“Do you want me to text Taehyung that?” Lisa asked.

 

“Sure.”

 

“Alright, so who wants to check in on her next?” Jisoo said, then three glancing at one another.

 

“I did it last.” Lisa answered.

 

“And I did it the time before.” Jisoo added.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Okay then.” Getting up, Jennie knew that Rosé would just tell her to get out.

 

So Jennie knocked on Rosé’s door, and there was no response.

 

Well, it’s because Roseanne was asleep. Yup, what a surprise. She cried herself to sleep. Alright, I meant for that to sound funny but nope it sounds really sad.

 

Jennie opened the door, and sighed when she saw her friend sleeping with used tissues lying all around her.

 

She went to Rosé’s desk, to see her pal’s journal opened. Chaeyoung must have been hating on Jungkook the whole time. Well, not hating… ting on. Yeah, that’s a good word.

 

Maybe this will give Jennie hints to give the guys! You know, to help Jungkook prove himself to Rosé? It’s either lowkey invading Roseanne’s privacy or waiting a month until Rosé finally says something about how she can forgive Jungkook.

 

And so Jennie picked up Rosé’s journal, invading her privacy in the name of love.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter