:20: "I don't feel it."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosé wasn’t on the bus for too long since it barely made any stops; to add to it, it was also later at night, so people are probably getting ready for bed instead.

 

Why would Jungkook want to go to the place on the border of Seoul? Is there any significance about it to him? He never mentioned what it was, exactly… just that some idols go there to hide out. When he talked about it he seemed pretty excited, though.

 

Once the words on the bus read “Entering Bucheon”, Chaeyoung got ready to leave the bus.

 

Jennie: [Did you find him?]

 

Chaeyoung: [Not yet. I figured out where he is, though.]

 

Jisoo: [Go get your guy, Chaeng!]

 

Lisa: [Slap him in the face for me please!... And then you two can reconcile if ya know what I mean.]

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, finding Lisa’s humor nasty but somewhat funny. Maybe she’ll slap him in the face… he kind of deserves it for running off without giving anyone notice.

 

She shivered once another chill ran down her spine, starting to worry again. What is he doing? Is he about to do something stupid?

 

The bus stopped at a place that seemed abandoned. Clearly no one was feeling like walking around the border of Bucheon and Seoul.

 

“The barn is about a mile (1.6 km) straight behind this stop,” The bus driver explained.

 

“What? Barn?” Chaeyoung asked, confused.

 

“You’re Rosé, right?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Well, first of all you’re famous,” He explained, “And also some muscular boy told me to tell you where the location is.”

 

Chaeyoung pursed her lips, now knowing that this was a plan that Jungkook conjured up. What an . So this is his big plan? Make all of his friend worry about him and have Chaeyoung hop on a bus to find him?... Still he’s a jerk, but a smart jerk. A smart, jerky weenie.

 

“Oh, alright, thanks.” Rosé said, then hopped off the bus. She sighed when she realized that walking a mile (again, 1.6 kilometers) takes time and effort, which makes her exhausted by just thinking about it. It seriously only takes fifteen minutes, but Chaeyoung doesn’t have time for that!

 

And so, Roseanne walked straight away from the bus stop. So this secret hideout is a barn? How interesting. Maybe it’s some weird, old abandoned barn that idols renovated into a restaurant? Ooh, or maybe it’s like some secret bar or something? Now she’s getting excited. But she’s still not happy about what Jungkook pulled.

 

 

Aw, wait. This place is really cute.

 

Chaeyoung was surprised once she saw the barn from a distance. It was average-sized, and nothing was too special about it. The interesting part was that a small, white house was next to it, meaning that it was a ~private~ idol’s retreat… Jungkook better not pull the moves on Chaeyoung while she yells at him for being stupid.

 

She didn’t know whether she should go into the house or barn first; that was until she noticed the faint lights that were on in the barn. When she entered, she was surprised to see that…

 

It’s just a regular barn. The lights were half-done candles, and there were stacks of hay on either side. Sure there was some nice music playing, but not even a good tune could make Chaeyoung feel less confused and unimpressed.

 

But she did wonder where the music came from. She walked around the barn, calling out for Jungkook to show himself, but obviously that sneaky boy isn’t going to. Chaeyoung tried to find anything that would reveal Jungkook’s exact location, and the more she struggled, the more she wanted to leave his at this weird barn.

 

Rosé walked up to a stable, hoping that there was a horse… nope. But she did see a sign that said: “Sorry for making you look so hard for this. I’ll make it up to you.” Chaeyoung huffed, ripping the sign off the wall. Of course he made her do this. She noticed that the music got louder when she stood in the stable, meaning that she was close to the source. She went around back, and saw that there were stairs made of hay bales… that must have taken a while.

 

Wait, is Jungkook on the roof?

 

The tired gal climbed, really hating Jungkook for making her go through all of this. That was until she felt another strange feeling come over her, which made her go up faster. Once she reached the top, she saw that Jungkook was standing on the edge of the roof while a radio beside him played some soothing music.

 

… Jungkook is STANDING ON THE EDGE OF THE ROOF?

 

“Yah,” Chaeyoung climbed onto the roof (which was slanted and impossible to get on easily), trying to run up to him, “Get down from there!”

 

Jungkook flinched, and turned to face her. He didn’t seem riled up or anything, which was a huge contrast from what he was feeling before. “Oh, hey there Chaeyoung.”

 

“Can you get down from here?” Chaeyoung asked, trying not to slide down, “I don’t want to die while I’m angry with you.” He nodded, and Rosé pulled him off the roof and down the stairs of hay bales. Chaeyoung pushed him once they reached land, “You’re an idiot.”

 

He grinned, “I know.”

 

“You didn’t tell any of your friends about your whereabouts for two days and they brought me into it even though I was still not over you! Why did you plan this stupid- plan? Just to make me come back to you?” Rosé ranted, “Well let me tell you, mister! I am not going to be played like that! Nuh uh, nooooOOOoo way.”

 

“I know.”

 

“And to add to that you made me feel all these spooky emotions!” She continued, now worried, “You made me think that you were close to death!”

 

Jungkook frowned, “I was just afraid that I was going to get a cold.”

 

“Like I said before,” She said, “You’re an idiot.”

 

The two stood there in silence, taking in everything around them. The last time they saw one another, Rosé broke things off with him. Now… they’re standing in silence, gazing into each other’s eyes just like the night that kick-started everything.

 

Jungkook suddenly hugged her, “I’m sorry for making you worried.”

 

“You should be,” Rosé mumbled into his chest, a warm feeling filling both of their hearts.

 

“I shouldn’t have done what I did.” He let Rosé go, holding her gently by the shoulders, “And I know that’s a ty apology. But I want to let you know that I’m going to do everything in my power to make you believe in us again. Because I do. I let my past relationship plague my mind when I should have been looking towards the future. Because,”

 

“Stop.” Rosé told him.

 

“…What?”

 

Yeah, what’s with that, Chaeyoung? That was such a good speech!

 

“I know that you’re going to say ‘because you are my future’ and it’s too cringey. I saved you from making things worse.” She smiled.

 

Jungkook chuckled, “You know me so well.” He could tell that Rosé was still feeling off, which makes sense. She isn’t going to forgive him right away. But he’s going to prove that he’s worthy of her love. “Oh, also,” Jungkook began to say, trying to fish something out of his pocket, “I wanted to give you a reward for finding me.”

 

He placed two pamphlets in Rosé’s hand, and she read the title, “…Guide?”

 

“Yeah.” He grinned.

 

“Guide.”

 

“…Yeah. Open it.”

 

So, Chaeyoung opened the pamphlet. “Here is your guide to… Astrala?”

 

Jungkook grabbed the pamphlet from her, “Isn’t that how you spell it in English?”

 

“Spell what?” Chaeyoung asked, not understanding what Jungkook’s ‘reward’ was.

 

He groaned, annoyed by his lack of English spelling, “It’s supposed to say Australia.”

 

Chaeyoung paused, not putting the pieces together, “Australia?”

 

“Yup.” Jungkook replied.

 

Silence.

 

Rosé gasped once she realized that, “We’re going to Australia?”

 

He nodded, “That’s the plan, anyways.”

 

Chaeyoung hugged him tightly, “How did you even manage to schedule this? My comeback is soon and,”

 

“Well, it’s planned for November. So it’ll be after your promotions and just after the awards shows.” Jungkook told her.

 

Wow, so I guess Jungkook did have something big planned! Good for him.

 

Roseanne looked back and forth between Jungkook and the pamphlet, “Did you expect me to forgive you completely from this?”

 

“Oh no, of course not.” Jungkook said, “It’s a reward for finding me, that’s all.”

 

She laughed, “Yeah, okay.”

 

“But, uh, w-would you want to try again?” He asked, his tone showing how anxious he was.

 

Looking back at the pamphlet, Rosé smiled. She recalled all the strange moments that happened between them, and how everything seemed to be pointing to some greater meaning. I mean, why else would all of this happen to specifically them? Obviously the universe is trying to tell them something.

 

“You know,” She said, “I think I know why all of this happened to us. The mind thing, the emotions… even the breakup.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Rosé snickered, “You don’t t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter