:15: "I know."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung sighed, staring at the picture of her ex and his new girlfriend. Ever since she got back from the park, she’s just been looking at this one picture on her phone. She was supposed to tell Jungkook about this… but she sadly got interrupted.

 

Hopefully it doesn’t come back to bite her.

 

Why of all people Chaeyoung had to date him? Rosé zoomed in on his face, then sighed. She remembered the times where whenever she saw his face, she’d smile brightly, excited to see him. But it’s changed completely. Now whenever she sees him… she feels scared.

 

Rosé’s got her first ever boyfriend when she was seventeen, and the relationship lasted about a year. In the beginning, it was great. He was such a caring guy, and,

 

…Are you wondering what his name is? I’m not going to do a big reveal or anything because he isn’t an idol. I just don’t know what to name him. So you can come with it.

 

Anyways, he understood that it would be difficult to see one another often due to Rosé’s trainee life, and the two would make time to see each other whenever they could. Each time she hung out with him, she’d fall for him even more. He was her first love.

 

Near the end of the relationship… it got strange. From the moment Roseanne said that she’s falling for him, he became a little too entranced by her. He started to become clingy, wanting to see her every single time she had free time, even if she made plans. He’d insist to come along, and this was because (he later admitted) he thought that Rosé may have been wanting to see other men. He wanted her to be only his, and no one else’s.

 

Maybe it was because he was too self-conscious, or maybe he was just addicted. Maybe he thought that Roseanne was too good for him, and he couldn’t let something so amazing go away.

 

And once she broke things off… it went downhill quickly. Rosé would be at the supermarket or out to dinner, and she’d see him there. He would be pretending to do other things, but it’s obvious that he still felt like she was his to keep.

 

It got to a point where Rosé would have her friends go to the place they were meeting at first to see if he was there. None of them knew how he managed to find her… that was until she realized that one of her apps has tracking (like snapchat maps but before it existed, if you will).

 

So, Chaeyoung got a new number and phone. She blocked him on every platform possible, hoping that he’d get the message.

 

That was until she got a text from him asking to meet. Her friends told her not to go, but she went anyways. When she got there he was sobbing, begging that she went back with him. He said that he was nothing without her, and he misses her. Rosé reminded him that they were only together for a year, and he’s acting ridiculous and lowkey harassing her.

 

Rosé then said, “I don’t want to be with you, and we will never be together. You ruined things.”

 

It’s harsh, but it had to be said! Anyways, after that, his following and messaging subsided. It wasn’t until the girls finally debuted that he started appearing again. But it wasn’t intentional; the girls would see him with a new woman all the time, and they all looked like Rosé. Some even dyed their hair to match Rosé’s.

 

Chaeyoung still hasn’t done anything about it.

 

Honestly Chaeyoung had no clue that her ex would turn out to be this way. Since it was her first love, she never picked up on the red flags despite the constant warnings from her friends. Obviously that came back to bite her.

 

She really should talk to him, but he just scares her. She knows that he would never hurt her, but just the whole “I date girls that resemble you” highkey freaks her out.

 

“By that look on your face, I’m guessing you told Jungkook?” Jennie asked, sitting next to Chaeyoung.

 

“Nope,” Chaeyoung sighed, “I wasn’t able to. He wanted to tell me something also, but we both got important calls and had to leave.”

 

“That’s going to come back to bite you.” Jennie said.

 

“I know.”

 

“Well, we have twenty minutes until we’re going roller-skating, so how about you rush to his place to see him?”

 

Rosé thought about it for a few moments, “Nah, its okay. I’m seeing him tomorrow night, so it’s not like anything is going to happen between now and then, right?”

 

Right when Rosé said this, she felt a pang of guilt in her heart. Obviously she wasn’t feeling this, so it must have been Jungkook. Why is he feeling regretful right now? Is it because he wasn’t able to tell her what he wanted to say?

 

[So Jimin just told me that Jungkook may or may not be going to his ex’s place right now.]

 

What? Hello? Who are you? Show yourself!

 

Jennie: [I’m not surprised. Didn’t you say that Jimin showed him the picture?]

 

Oh, I know who she’s texting.

 

Yoongi: [Yup. So he’s either coming to your place or he’s going to Jihyun’s. Prepare yourself.]

 

Jennie: [Not to sound rude but I don’t think Jungkook is mature enough to come see Rosé first. He’s probably really upset and going to the one person he knows accepts him or whatever.]

 

Irene: [Oof, burn.]

 

Jennie: [, I didn’t mean to put this in the group chat.]

 

Chanyeol: [Wait, Jungkook and Rosé are dating?]

 

Krystal: [It was bound to happen.]

 

Yoongi: [God I hate these group chats.]

 

Jennie: [Due to Yoongi’s carelessness, you all now know that Jungkook and Roseanne are dating, but also they’re probably going to hit a rough patch. So don’t tell anyone.]

 

Chanyeol: [Jungkook really isn’t going to Chaeyoung’s first?]

 

Irene: [Classic romance cliché.]

 

Jennie: [Basically.]

 

Wow, so this is what Jennie’s texting life is like? How interesting.

 

 

Jungkook paced back and forth, debating on whether he should knock on the door or not. Once he does, he knows that things are going to get chaotic. Well, what if he just thinks they will? Maybe they won’t! It’s like what Taehyung said: Jungkook is just making himself believe that Jihyun’s a bad person.

 

Suddenly his text tone went off, and it turned out to be Rosé.

 

Rosé: [We’re still on for tomorrow night, right? It’s important that I talk to you.]

 

She’s going to tell him about seeing her ex. She’s probably going to apologize to Jungkook, saying that it was a mistake for sleeping with him. She’s going to then say that she still wants to be with Jungkook, but she needs some sort of physical relationship with him as well. But what if Jungkook isn’t comfortable with that yet? What if he’s still,

 

Wait, is he thinking of what happened between him and Jihyun right now?... Yes, he is.

 

Alright, I guess this is the chapter where we find out the ex’s backstories.

 

Jungkook met Jihyun three years ago, right when he was about to turn seventeen. They were together until a few weeks before Jungkook’s nineteenth birthday, so they lasted for two years. It wasn’t his first relationship; he dated a girl named Sewon when he was the mere age of fifteen, but that only lasted a few months.

 

Anyways, it took a while for Jungkook to realize how deep his feelings were for Jihyun. Of course they were close and in a happy romantic relationship, but once he got his first scary text

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter