:1: "That was fun!"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook slowly woke up to his blaring alarm, wanting to fall back into his deep sleep. He doesn’t have a lot of nights where he gets some good rest, but even when he does it’s almost always interrupted. Opening his eyes, he stared at his white ceiling, contemplating on whether he should get out of bed or not. He knows he has to, but what would happen if he just laid here? Would he get in trouble?

 

“Get up, Jungkook!” Taehyung yelled, knocking on the other side of his door.

 

Jungkook sighed, knowing that someone would have forced him out of his bed if he didn’t get ready on time. The life of an idol has no breaks, especially when your group just had a comeback two days ago.

 

The twenty-year-old rolled out of bed, wanting at least one more hour of sleep. BTS got back at the dorm late last night due to various prerecording and interviews, which will continue on today.

 

Tonight will be a special concert that includes different groups such as Red Velvet, EXO, GFriend, BLACKPINK, GOT7, and, of course, BTS. Jungkook is never too excited for concerts like these, because in the end all the artists go onto the stage, making Jungkook overwhelmed.

 

But in the past few months, whenever this happens Jungkook can’t help but feel more nervous than usual… it’s starting to concern him. He feels like there’s something on that stage that’s causing him to feel this way. It could be how the lights are adjusted or how small the stage is, but he has a feeling that it’s someone that’s making him feel this way.

 

He has a strong feeling he’s encountered this person before, but for some reason he hasn’t paid enough attention to see who it was. Honestly probably just him fanboying over someone, even though he’s never done that before.

 

Quickly getting changed, Jungkook mentally prepared himself for the long day ahead, already becoming nervous for tonight. Jungkook loves performing and making music, so he’s excited to see the fans and sharing the music he was a part of making.

 

…Why does he feel like something is missing though?

 

Everyday Jungkook is so close to feeling fulfilled, but a small part of him is saying that he’s not completely happy. It could just be his tired self trying to make a big deal out of things, but he can’t shake the feeling that he’s missing out on something great.

 

It’ll probably be a while until he finally figures out what he’s looking for, but he hopes that he’ll eventually reach completion.

 

“Ah, there you are!” Hoseok exclaimed, throwing a slice of toast at his head. But since Jungkook is so athletic and talented, he caught it before it would smack his face.

 

“So is today just performing at that special?” Jungkook asked Namjoon, who was currently typing away on his laptop.

 

The latter nodded, “Basically. We also have the rehearsal for it, though.”

 

It’s nice that they basically get the afternoon off; usually once they drop new music, it’s nonstop interviews and performances. All of the boys have been exhausted since their album dropped; it’s starting to take a toll on them.

 

At least he has something to do; he’d rather be busy than completely bored.

 

 

“Ugh, I’m so bored!” Lisa groaned, lying down on the sofa.

 

“Yah, we have a performance today, you should be getting ready!” Jennie told her, trying to pull the maknae up.

 

Rosé giggled at the sight, knowing that Lisa won’t move unless she’s bribed. BLACKPINK finally has another performance today; it’s been about a month since they had some sort of activity. They are preparing for their comeback, but none of them know when exactly that’s going to be.

 

Every night before falling asleep Rosé finds herself staring at her ceiling, hoping for more promotions; it’s her favorite part of being an idol. She loves to interact with the fans and share BLACKPINK’s music, but yet she thinks she’s not doing enough. They’ve only had one fanmeeting, and suddenly YG shipped them off to Japan for promoting there.

 

She loves being an idol. It’s her dream. But why does she feel so unfulfilled? Rosé has always wanted to make music, and it’s even better that she’s doing it with her best friends.

 

It could just be her bored mind making stupid things a big deal, but even before she debuted Rosé still felt incomplete. It’s annoying how her mind always goes back to this inner conflict she has, but Rosé has nothing else better to do.

 

Rosé rubbed her temples, her head starting to ache. Whenever she finds herself thinking about her dilemma, a rambling noise starts playing through her head; it’s like someone is speaking, but something is making their voice muffled and incoherent.

 

“You alright Pasta?” Jisoo asked, concerned.

 

“Yeah, I’m alright,” Rosé responded, pouring herself some water, “I guess I just slept weird.”

 

“You should really go to the doctor about your headaches; it’s starting to get excessive.” Jisoo told her.

 

“What, Rosie hasn’t gotten that checked out yet?” Jennie asked, giving up on motivating Lisa.

 

“Girls, I’m fine. It just happens when I’m stressed.” Rosé assured her friends.

 

“So you’re stressed every day? That’s not healthy.” Lisa said.

 

Roseanne sighed, “If this persists for another month, I’ll think about going to a doctor.”

 

“It’s your choice,” Jennie replied, “But don’t be looking so in pain when Yang Hyun-Suk is around. He’ll make you rest for a month.”

 

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Lisa asked.

 

“No, because a month isn’t necessary. It’s just another reason to delay our comeback.” Rosé told the maknae.

 

“Oh right… Chaeyoung, don’t say anything!” Lisa joked.

 

“We have about four hours until rehearsal, so how about we watch some dramas?” Jisoo suggested, no one protesting her idea.

 

“Which one though? We’re caught up on all of the newer ones.” Jennie said.

 

“We can find and old one,” Jisoo shrugged, “Let’s just scroll through and see where life takes us!”

 

And so, Jisoo scrolled through the list of dramas their television provided them. Each of them would make comments on whether they’d watch it or not, but it seemed like there wasn’t a certain show popping out at them

 

“Wait, stop.” Rosé suddenly said.

 

“What is it?” Jisoo asked.

 

Rosé took the remote from Jisoo, scrolling back up to the one drama that caught her eye.

 

“You want to watch this one? This is ten years old!” Jisoo said.

 

“I heard this was a good drama though.” Jennie replied.

 

“Soulmate is a romantic-comedy reality show about couples who are destined to be together; they must find one another, journeying across the whole country to find their true love.” Lisa read the description out loud.

 

“Let’s watch this.” Rosé told them.

 

“But why?” Jisoo frowned, “This is such a random choice!”

 

“Yah, unnie, let the girl live! You chose the last three shows to watch!” Jennie said jokingly.

 

Jisoo groaned, “Fine, we’ll watch your sappy show. The idea of soulmates is so stupid though.”

 

“How so?” Rosé asked.

 

“I believe that there are multiple people that you can end up with, not just one. It’s just about compatibility.”

 

“You just want to date tons of guys.” Lisa joked.

 

“Yah,” Jisoo threw a pillow at the maknae, “What, so you think there’s only one person for you? What if they’re in, like, America? And how would you even find this soulmate of yours, huh? Trial and error? That takes forever.” Jisoo argued.

 

“She does have a point.” Jennie commented.

 

“I think it’s possible.” Rosé stated.

 

“You do?” Jisoo asked.

 

Rosé shrugged, “I don’t know if it’s true, but I think there’s a chance that there’s only one person that’s meant for you. And if it is true, fate will help you find them.”

 

“Aw, that was so romantic!” Lisa smiled.

 

“Fine, go against me, I see how it is.” Jisoo grumbled.

 

“How about we stop arguing and actually watch the show?” Jennie suggested, wanting the friends to shut up.

 

“Fine.” Jisoo clicked play, and the four began to watch the drama.

 

The next few hours consisted of Jisoo complaining about how unrealistic the plotline was, while Lisa kept telling her that every drama has an unrealistic plot. Jennie kept telling the both of them to shut up as Rosé continued to watch, interested in where the show was going.

 

The whole concept of people being born to be together is so intriguing to her; it also makes her think that there could be someone out there for her, the both of them just waiting to run into each other and fall in love once they make eye contact.

 

If it was true, it won’t be happening to Rosé in a long time. She’s so busy with promotions and preparing for comebacks, that there’s no way that she could meet her soulmate yet.

 

Or maybe she’s already seen them, but she hasn’t formally met them? Whoa! That would be so cool! What if she met her soulmate like a year ago, and she never realized it? Does that mean she missed out on the opportunity?

 

“Pasta’s daydreaming again.” Jisoo said, the three friends watching Rosie stare off into the distance.

 

“Let her do her thing, she’s probably just really tired.” Jennie replied.

 

 

“He’s just tired. Let him be.” Yoongi told Jimin, who was currently waving his hand in front of a sleeping Jungkook.

 

“Yah, this is his third nap today!” Taehyung said, honestly surprised how much Jungkook is sleeping.

 

“You don’t think he’s sick, do you?” Seokjin asked.

 

Jimin shrugged, “He usually just gets like this when we st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter