:13: "Are you okay?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook woke up with a bright smile on his face, the night before replaying through his mind.

 

What a great gathering Jennie organized! After he and Rosé kissed, everything seemed to simmer down at the dinner. Jennie apologized to Jisoo, Jimin apologized to Jin, and Namjoon apologized to BLACKPINK for BTS in general.

 

The only thing that Jungkook has later today is filming for another BTS Run episode, and then he’s free. He’ll probably ask Rosé if she wants to hang out.

 

Hey, he can ask through his mind! Ooh~! How convenient!

 

“Chaeyoung, are you busy later?”

 

No answer. Maybe she isn’t awake?

 

Ooh, so if she’s asleep, she can see what Jungkook is doing! So, Jungkook grabbed a notepad that was in his bedroom and wrote down “Want to go out tonight”. She’ll probably wake up after seeing this.

 

Ten minutes passed, and Rosé hasn’t said a word. That’s odd.

 

Maybe she’s just busy. She could be filming something for BLACKPINK TV! That makes sense! She isn’t kissing and ditching him!

 

And so Jungkook left his room, pouring himself some cereal for breakfast. Taehyung was sitting behind the counter, peeling an orange; he seemed kind of bummed out for some reason.

 

“Good morning,” Jungkook said, watching Taehyung’s unchanging expression.

 

Taehyung sighed, “Hey there.”

 

Okay, this is weird. First Chaeyoung isn’t responding, and now Taehyung is acting all gloomy? What gives?

 

“Everything alright?” The maknae asked.

 

Again Taehyung sighed deeply. Is he just being overdramatic now? “I just hope I don’t get a dating scandal.”

 

Wait, what?

 

“You’re dating someone?”

 

“What?” Taehyung responded, confused, “No? Why would you- ohhhh, I should have rephrased that better.”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“So you know how last night Lisa and I talked, right?”

 

Jungkook nodded, “Rosé told me about,”

 

“SHE DID?” Taehyung asked loudly, clearly shocked, “How did she know?”

 

“How do you think?”

 

Taehyung groaned, “Damn. Well, anyways,” he started to say, throwing away the orange peel, “We talked, and we came to the conclusion that we’re going to make sure that there’s no footage or proof that it happened. So we have to go back to where the after party was held and check the security camera footage.”

 

“That’s a bit much.” Jungkook commented.

 

“I know. But Lisa’s really freaked out,” He huffed, “Last time this happened to me with one of my exes, we didn’t really care about it leaking.”

 

“But Lisa seems to be really persistent on not creating scandals. Rosé told me that also.”

 

“I mean I understand it, but it’s just different. I don’t want BLACKPINK to get a scandal since they’re still kinda rookies, and I don’t want one either.” Taehyung said seriously. He then stuffed a few orange slices in his mouth, “So how did it go with you and Rosé? Getting frisky in the bedroom? I saw you two walk out.”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “No. Anything but that…” he then smirked, “But we did kiss.”

 

“Well that isn’t a surprise. You two acted like you were dating for like two weeks.”

 

“At least I wasn’t hiding it,” Jungkook snidely commented.

 

“Why are you making jabs at Hoseok hyung if he’s not even here?”

 

Jungkook shrugged, “So I don’t have to defend myself or anything.”

 

Suddenly Jungkook’s phone started to ring, and it turned out to be Rosé. Couldn’t she just talk to him back? What’s the point in calling now?

 

“I have to take this,” Jungkook said, leaving the room. He went back into his bedroom to answer the call, “Hello?”

 

“Hey there.” Her sweet voice replied, making Jungkook smile.

 

“Is there any reason why you wanted to call me specifically? We could have just,”

 

“That’s what I’m calling about.”

 

Ooh, okay. Her tone just changed completely; why does she sound so serious now?

 

“Is something wrong?” He asked.

 

“No, but,” She sighed, “I’m nervous that something happened.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I tried talking to you multiple times this morning and you didn’t answer. And now that you’re answering the phone, it must have meant that you didn’t even hear me.”

 

“I didn’t. I tried talking to you also.” Jungkook replied.

 

“Do you think something happened?”

 

“I guess… Maybe when we kissed it stopped?”

 

“That could be it. It’s just random. Right when we had the chance to use our mind-talking for convenience, it disappears!” Rosé whined.

 

Jungkook chuckled, “Hey, maybe we unlocked the secret to why it happened! It’s because the universe wanted us to kiss.”

 

“That’s a tad overdramatic, don’t you think?”

 

“Well what happened to us was very dramatic… well, it was odd.”

 

“Indeed,” Rosé giggled, “I just wanted to call about the whole mind thing… and to see how you were.”

 

“I’m very well, and you?” He asked smoothly.

 

“I’m,”

 

 

“CHAEYOUNG!”

 

“I know you’re Chaeyoung.” Jungkook joked after hearing Rosé’s name be called.

 

Rosé groaned, “That’s Jisoo. I guess this means I have to go.”

 

“Alright. Are you free tonight?” He asked.

 

“I’m sadly in the studio until three in the morning.”

 

“Wow, that’s long.”

 

“YG really wants us to power through our mini album.” Rosé told him.

 

“That’s understandable. Well, have fun! Text me if your plans magically change.”

 

“I definitely will!”

 

Rosé hung up the phone, feeling giddy. Well, she’s confused about losing the mind connection, but just hearing Jungkook’s voice makes her so excited… Italicizing it makes it seem erted, doesn’t it. Oops.

 

Skipping out of her room, Rosé happily sat next to Lisa on the couch, who seemed to not be in the mood. But Rosé didn’t care, “Helloooo Lalisa!”

 

“Hey,” Lisa sighed.

 

Roseanne paused for a moment, considering to ask Lisa what her deal was. But she didn’t; she didn’t want to get all sad like Lisa when she heard her story. So, she got back up and went to Jennie, “HellloooooOOooo Jennie!”

 

Jennie, who was currently on her phone, chuckled once she heard how happy Rosé sounded, “I’m guessing you and Jungkook are officially together.”

 

“How did you know?” Rosé giggled. She sat on the stool next to Jennie (they were in the kitchen), “Who are you texting?”

 

“I’m in a group chat.”

 

“That’s very unlike you.”

 

“I know,” Jennie sighed, “I didn’t want to be in it.”

 

“Who is it with?” Roseanne asked.

 

“Uhhhh Chanyeol, Krystal, Yoongi, and Irene.”

 

“That’s an odd group.”

 

Jennie shrugged, “I think its fine. But anyways, so how did you and Jungkook become official?”

 

“We kissed last night.”

 

“When you were in your bedroom?”

 

Rosé was silent for a few moments, then rolled her eyes, “It wasn’t like that.”

 

“I wasn’t saying it was like that. But I’m glad you two finally confessed. It took you long enough.” Jennie replied.

 

“I thought you would be kind of iffy about it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Since you’re so intense about the dating ban,”

 

Jennie groaned loudly, “I’m not that intense about it. If I was, I would have beaten up Jisoo for dating J-Hope. And you too.”

 

“I know, I know, I just mean that I can see that you still feel like it should be followed.”

 

“I think it should be… to an extent.”

 

“What do you mean?” Rosé asked, curious.

 

“Well, if you’re dating just to date, then I’d be against it. But you seem to be really interested in Jungkook, and he’s clearly crazy about you… so I know it’s real. And that’s totally fine with me. You deserve a real, sincere relationship.” Jennie said genuinely.

 

Rosé, being the sensitive girl she is, started to sniffle, wanting to prevent herself from, “Ugh oh god here come the waterworks!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter