:2: "You heard that?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Pitch black is all Jeon Jungkook could see.

 

“So many people enjoy lucid dreams,” A woman’s voice said softly, “they like the feeling of being in control, especially when it’s something unearthly… if you can have control of your dreams, is there anything that you can’t control?... There is. You can’t control fate.”

 

It could be argued that he isn’t seeing anything because of this darkness, but the voice that spoke gave Jungkook a sense of comfort… It’s like he was watching someone tell him a story.

 

Who is speaking? Her voice was familiar, but he wasn’t able to recognize the low, mature tone that she had. It was if she was thinking out loud, like no one was there to hear her.

 

Jungkook woke up to a blaring alarm, wishing that Taehyung woke him up instead. At least Taehyung isn’t as loud.

 

He could already hear all of s scrambling around outside of his room, meaning that he may have set the alarm too late. BTS has a performance and an interview just this afternoon, so he needs to get ready ASAP.

 

Scavenging through his clothes, Jungkook picked a simple outfit for the day AKA his go-to: click here.

 

Usually when he rushes around in the morning, he feels stressed and unorganized. But this morning is unlike the rest; he feels at ease, not worried about being late.

 

Jungkook left his bedroom, and was quick to notice how unready his hyungs were. Namjoon was looking for something, probably his phone, Yoongi wasn’t even dressed yet, Hoseok and Seokjin were eating breakfast, Jimin was trying to convince Yoongi to get ready, while Taehyung was nowhere to be seen.

 

“See? Even Jungkook is ready before you!” Jimin told Yoongi.

 

Yoongi turned to Jungkook, “Oh, wow. I’m actually surprised.”

 

“Yah, Min Yoongi, go get ready!” Namjoon said, still looking for his cellphone.

 

“You guys should have woken up earlier,” Seokjin chuckled, casually eating his breakfast.

 

“How much time until we have to go?” Jungkook asked, gathering his things.

 

“I don’t know, I lost my phone. Hoseok?” Namjoon replied.

 

“Thirty minutes.”

 

“But it takes 15 minutes to get to Inkigayo!” Jimin gasped.

 

“Then you all better get your together.” Yoongi commented.

 

“Says the one who isn’t even out of their pajamas yet.” Jungkook snickered.

 

And so, the rest of BTS continued to freak out. This is the usual routine; Jungkook wakes up last, entering the madness late. Someone always loses their phone, while Yoongi doesn’t get ready until literally the last minute.

 

“Uh, guys,” Taehyung walked into the room, shirtless and frustrated.

 

“What is it now?” Namjoon asked, somewhat annoyed.

 

“...There’s a bird in my room.”

 

The six members stared at him, in disbelief. Jungkook asked, “Um… What?”

 

“I opened my window last night since it was strangely hot in my room. I forgot that I haven’t installed a screen yet, so I woke up to a bird in my room. I can’t get it out!”

 

Yoongi facepalmed, “Oh my god.”

 

“Someone help me get it out! It’s just flying around in my room like a maniac!” Taehyung begged.

 

“Well, birds do tend to become frantic when they’re in confined spaces,” Namjoon explained like an intellectual.

 

“Is that why you’ve been in your room for so long? You were trying to get this bird out of your room?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Yeah,” Taehyung replied, waving them in his direction, “Now come on!”

 

“I shall assist you in your time of distress!” Hoseok stood up, saluting, “Who’s with me?”

 

“I guess I am.” Jungkook said.

 

“Not me.” Yoongi replied.

 

The three other members looked at one another, then sighed, “Sure.”

 

Oh god, I thought this was a rosekook story, not the story of how Taehyung got a rabid bird out of his room!... But this is funny, so I’ll continue.

 

The members of BTS (except Yoongi) stood in front of Taehyung’s bedroom door, waiting for him to open it. “Alright,” Taehyung said, “be careful, this bird is crazy.”

 

“You’re crazy.” Jungkook told him.

 

BTS ran into Taehyung’s room, slamming the door behind them, to see,

 

“Aw, ! It shat on my bed!” Taehyung whined.

 

The bird was flying around Taehyung’s room, hitting the walls, and of course, squawking.

 

“How about this: someone hold the window open and I’ll hit it with a tennis racket?” Taehyung suggested.

 

“The bird is going to attack you if you do that.” Seokjin told him.

 

“Well, what else is there?”

 

The six started to argue about what they should do, until they heard the bird go quiet. They looked at the large bird, which stared at them with its round eyes.

 

OH GOD IT’S FLYING RIGHT TOWARDS TAEHYUNG!

 

The five others tried to help, now swatting it with books and other hard objects. Taehyung kept yelling, freaking out that the bird was trying to attack him.

 

Right before the bird got to Taehyung, he screamed loudly, Jungkook smacking it out the window with Taehyung’s tennis racket.

 

 

Rosé woke up with a jolt, her breaths heavy. Her heart started pounding, worried about her friends’ safety.

 

She sprinted out of the room in her pajamas, “What happened?!”

 

Stopping in her tracks, Rosé noticed how the three members of BLACKPINK were chilling out on the sofa, looking at her with confused expressions.

 

“Nothing happened… we’ve been waiting for you to wake up.” Jennie said.

 

“W-What do you mean, I heard,” Rosé started to say,

 

“You heard what? Us chatting? Sorry if we woke you up.” Jisoo responded.

 

“No, I heard someone scream… like they were being attacked or something.”

 

“…You good?” Lisa asked, “No one screamed. Are you hearing things?”

 

What, how is that possible? A scream woke Rosé up… are they just playing tricks on her? That scream was too real to have even been the lucid dream she had last night.

 

“Are you sure?” Rosé asked, hoping they’d drop their act.

 

“Yeah.” They replied in unison.

 

Rosé pouted, walking back to her room to get ready for her busy day. How did that happen? Was it really just her dream?

 

“I must be going crazy.” Rosé thought, sighing to herself.

 

“I really must be. This is ridiculous.” A voice replied, causing Rosé to flinch.

 

Uh… what was that? Did a man just reply to what she said in her mind? This is new. She’s probably just sleep deprived; her mind does tend to play tricks on her when she didn’t get enough rest. This is probably one of those times. Rosé looked at her clock, surprised that it was almost the afternoon.

 

Alright, so she got a little too much sleep. Maybe her mind is annoying when she gets too much also?

 

BLACKPINK doesn’t have anything planned for today; they have another performance in a few weeks, but that’s the most they’re going to get for a while. They do have a bunch of photoshoots, but that isn’t the same as performing.

 

The girls know that it’s going to be a while until they have a comeback, and it’s not fun. They were waiting for so long to debut, and now they just find themselves waiting again. They haven’t even released a full album yet!

 

Rosé opened up her wardrobe, wondering what she should wear for the day. She and Lisa are going to head to the YG building today, both of them having their own reasons. Roseanne has to record a song for YG’s new TV show, while Lisa has some sort of choreography she has to work on for the same show as well.

 

“Did I seriously forget to wash my clothes?” Rosé frowned, staring at her almost empty wardrobe.

 

“I did…?”

 

Rosé looked behind her, still startled by the random voice. Who the hell is that?! Is her mind playing tricks on her again?

 

“What?” Rosé thought, waiting to see if her mind will throw some weird response at her again.

 

“…What?”

 

Rosé sighed, quite confused with what was happening to her. Is this her mind coping for her being single so long? It’s creating some sort of enigma-guy to give her a fake interaction with the opposite ?

 

“Hello?” She asked.

 

“…Am I okay?”

 

You know, the surprising part of all of this is that this conversation isn’t making her head hurt. Is this where all that rambling was coming from before? This enigma?

 

 

“I don’t think so.” The strange imaginary girl said back to him.

 

Jungkook was currently sitting in the van that was bringing BTS to Inkigayo. Jungkook was feeling fine until someone randomly asked if they washed their clothes. And also, this was all happening in Jungkook’s head. Why is this random lady asking him if he did his laundry? And why do they keep asking him questions like they’re on some phone call?

 

He got decent sleep last night, why is hid mind suddenly going crazy? Maybe his mind was bored with all the hectic schedules so it created some sort of imaginary woman?

 

It’s strange though. This is the voice that he hears in his dreams, so why is this now happening while he’s awake?

 

“Are you alright, Jungkook?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“You keep making weird facial expressions.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter