:12: "I tried."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaeyoung was currently seated on the bus late at night, her lips trembling, streams of tears flowing down faster than her rapid heartbeat.

 

Why is she so upset about this? Or is it just shock?

 

She put in her earbuds, wanting to drown out her constant sniffling; she doesn’t want to keep thinking about what just happened. Did she seriously just run away from Jungkook? Did that all even happen?

 

Looking out the window, Rosé tried to stop the feeling of guilt that was panging her heart. She literally just ditched Jungkook with little to no reasoning.

 

Well, she did have a good reason!... Right?

 

Rosé sighed, scrolling through her contacts on her phone; she stopped once she reached Jungkook’s name, really wanting to call him to apologize. It’s just all happening too fast for her. Maybe if she wasn’t as romantically interested in him, the fact that Jungkook is Tokki would have affected her less?

 

So it’s because she’s romantically interested in Jungkook? But that doesn’t make sense! Why did she just run away from him like that? Why did she say that they shouldn’t see one another anymore?

 

“Rosé.”

 

Chaeyoung froze at the sound of Jungkook’s voice, especially now that he’s using her stage name. Again, how did she not realize that it was Jungkook this whole time?

 

Should she respond? She should apologize…

 

“I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you who I was. I should have just said my name in the beginning… I feel like everything would be so much easier if I did that.” He continued, clearly feeling guilty. Well, he isn’t the one who ran away, so he shouldn’t feel that bad! “I know that you’re probably still shocked and confused. I am too… b-but… I don’t think that we should let this ruin our relat- friendship.”

 

Rosé didn’t say a word. Jungkook’s words echoed in her mind, making her feel even worse. She really didn’t have a reason to leave him so quickly. They could have talked it out… She shouldn’t have made such a rash decision.

 

She isn’t usually like this. Well, yeah she cries a lot, but she’s the one to talk things out instead of running away from her issues. Again I ask: Why did she just run away from him like that? Why did she say that they shouldn’t see one another anymore?

 

The bus finally reached Chaeyoung’s stop, preventing her from trying to respond to Jungkook. She went back on her phone to see that she received three new messages, one from each of her members.

 

Jennie: [So I guess all of BTS is coming to the dorm tomorrow. I’m ready to embarrass the hell out of Jisoo unnie.]

 

Jisoo: [TRY TO PREVENT ALL OF BTS COMING. EVEN JUNGKOOK.]

 

Lisa: [Yo, can I have your leftovers from dinner last night? I need a midnight snack.]

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore her friends’ texts. She began to type down something right when it popped into her head so Jungkook wouldn’t hear it. It consisted a lot of messages like “I’m stupid” “Why am I being such an idiot” “Respond to him” and “Am I so afraid because of what this could mean”.

 

Wait, what?

 

Rosé stared at the line she just wrote down, reading it outloud multiple times. Well that’s new.

 

So that’s why she scatted out of there? She’s afraid of what it could mean? What? I’m confused.

 

Okay, so she has the hots for Jungkook and he’s highkey into her as well. But it turns out that they’ve been talking to one another in their minds this whole time! So does that have any significance? Rosé thinks so. Then why is she scared of it? She’s scared that all of this stuff is possibly pointing to some greater idea/meaning?

 

The night that they first locked eyes flashed in her mind, a shiver running down her spine just from the thought of it. The day after that is when they started talking to one another. Each time they ran into one another, Chaeyoung felt some weird sensation run through her. No, it wasn’t a ual feeling (ert), a feeling of warmth went through her each time she made eye contact with Jungkook.

 

Does it all mean something?

 

“Wait.” Jungkook suddenly said.

 

Oh OOPS, Chaeyoung was thinking all of that, so that’s great. She tries her best to avoid any sort of thoughts from happening, and then she just had to think of every single moment she had with Jungkook.

 

“You think that this all means something?” He asked.

 

Rosé sighed, now unable to avoid him, “We need to talk.”

 

 

Jungkook was pleasantly surprised that Rosé finally tried to respond to him. Honestly, he knew literally everything that she was thinking. Well, obviously he did, but even the stuff she wrote down. How you ask? It’s called a power nap, people!

 

Her feelings are completely understandable. All of this is happening so suddenly and to add to it, there does seem to be some underlying meaning of why this is occurring.

 

But she didn’t have to ditch him like that!

 

If Jungkook is being honest, he’s actually sort of relieved that Chaeyoung turned out to be Rosé. Yeah he did seem pretty spooked last chapter, but the shock has disappeared.

 

When Rosé told him that they shouldn’t see one another anymore, he knew that she didn’t mean it. She looked unsure when she said this, so Jungkook didn’t take it to heart.

 

As Jungkook walked into his dorm, Rosé finally spoke up again, “Tomorrow apparently BTS is coming over BLACKPINK’s dorm. We can talk then.”

 

“...BTS is going over to your dorm?”

 

What? They are? Since when? Why? Does it have to do with him and Rosé?

 

All of BTS were sitting around watching television, which was surprising since it was almost two in the morning.

 

“We’re going to BLACKPINK’s dorm?” Jungkook asked, standing in front of the TV.

 

“Yah, I like this show!” Taehyung complained.

 

“Yeah, we are.” Yoongi replied, “Jennie invited us over.”

 

“Rosé told you?” Namjoon asked.

 

Jungkook nodded, “Does it have to do with me and her?”

 

“Nope,” Hoseok replied, “Wait. Does this mean you two are dating?”

 

“Did you meet her somewhere just now?” Seokjin added.

 

Well, his intention wasn’t to see Rosé but, “Yeah, I did.”

 

“You two seriously just need to make it official, it’s annoying.” Jimin said.

 

“That’s just because you’re in an official relationship.” Taehyung replied, “Don’t manipulate us to get into relationships!”

 

WAIT. Jungkook paused for a moment, remembering something Chaeyoung told him last night.

 

“Remember when I talked to you about my friend’s mystery boyfriend? I think my other friend figured out who it is.” Chaeyoung’s words echoed in his mind.

 

Does this mean that one of his hyungs is one of Rosé’s members’ boyfriend?! Whoa! No way! It must be! So BTS is going there because,

 

“One of you is dating a BLACKPINK member.” Jungkook stated, pointing to all of them dramatically.

 

The boys went silent, surprised by Jungkook’s sudden dramatic statement. They all glanced at one another, which made it clear that they didn’t know who the boyfriend was as well.

 

If Jennie is the one who invited the guys over, that must mean it isn’t her. And she called Yoongi to ask, so it isn’t him either. Jimin is dating Seulgi, while Seokjin is also in a relationship. That leaves Namjoon, Hoseok, and Taehyung.

 

“It’s one of you three.” Jungkook said, now pointing at the three suspects.

 

“Wait, so that’s why we got invited?” Jimin asked, surprised.

 

“It must be!”

 

“Well,” Hoseok said, now standing up. This is too dramatic, oh my lord. “Maybe it’s because you and Rosé are dating, and you’re going to announcing it!”

 

This resulted in the other members going “ooh”, Hoseok’s argument clearly effective.

 

“But how would we announce it if Rosé just told me literally ten minutes ago that it was happening? Isn’t that a little weird how if we were dating, we wouldn’t know about it happening until the last minute? Huh?” Jungkook retorted.

 

“Well maybe Jennie set up this whole scheme!” Hoseok said.

 

“It does seem that she did this to embarrass one of the members. It could be Rosé.” Yoongi added.

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “I don’t think it is, but believe what you want.”

 

It really isn’t for Jungkook and Rosé, but Hoseok and Yoongi have seemed to convince the others that it is. Interesting…

 

 

“Alright Roseanne, Jungkook is coming over in twenty minutes with the rest of BTS, and you need to talk about why you ditched him,” Rosé said to herself, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

 

Yup, BTS is coming over in twenty minutes to embarrass Jisoo and her new boyfriend! Who is this mystery man?! I hope it’s a good reveal; there was so muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter