:4: "Who is it?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosé walked over to her bed, trying to think of the next question she should ask the real person she’s talking to…in her mind.

 

Yup, she has just figured out that she’s talking to a real man. “Well that was a little too easy to find out” you may be saying. If you are… how else is the story going to progress? Anyways, remember Jungkook’s weird- dream from the last chapter? Can you explain how that wouldn’t make him realize that he’s talking to a real person? Yeah, I thought so.

 

Before Chaeyoung could ask her amazing question, the guy already started to talk.

 

“Is your name Chaeyoung?” He asked.

 

Whoa, whoa, whoa. How does he know that her name is Chaeyoung? That’s weird on a whole new level.

 

“Uh, yeah. How do you know that?” Rosé responded.

 

“This is going to sound weird, but I took a nap in the car earlier and I had a dream… and I think it was you writing in some sort of journal? And then someone yelled ‘Chaeyoung’.”

 

…He can see what she’s doing? She thought it was just the “we can communicate through our minds!” connection? He didn’t see Lisa, right?

 

“…That happened to me like… twenty minutes ago.” Rosé said, freaked out, “So does this mean that when one of us is asleep and the other isn’t, they see what the awake one sees?”

 

“I guess so.” He responded nervously.

 

What if Chaeyoung is showering and this guy is asleep? Will he see… AHH!

 

“We have to warn one another when we’re going to sleep.” Rosé stated.

 

“I was just about to say that.”

 

 

Oh GOD. Not only is this girl real, but if he’s asleep while she isn’t, what if he sees something risqué? You know like… her showering? Or dressing? This is worse than he thought.

 

“Since you know my name now… what’s yours?” She asked kindly.

 

Jungkook was currently making himself some dinner, but he was alone in the room so none of his hyungs could judge him.

 

Oh wait. What does he say his name is? Saying Jungkook makes it obvious that he’s BTS’s Jungkook, because it’s not a common name.

 

“Didn’t you say that you’re an idol?” She continued, Jungkook stiffening up from her question. He told her he was an idol already? Oh WAIT, yeah he did! When they were going over their schedules!... Damn it, that’s when he thought she was just some sort of enigma.

 

“Uh, y-yeah. So I’d rather not say my name.” Jungkook replied, “But you can just call me,”

 

“Oppa?” She asked with a giggle.

 

“NO. Do NOT call me oppa.”

 

Chaeyoung laughed loudly (can you laugh in your mind…?), “Hey, calm it down! I was just kidding! What do you want me to call you?”

 

Jungkook sighed in relief, glad that Chaeyoung was just saying oppa as a joke. He still hates being called that. Honestly, the word oppa has become kind of creepy to him, especially because a lot of older girls are starting to call him that.

 

“Kookie.” He stated, smiling.

 

“Ew, no thanks.”

 

“What, is that cringey or something? That’s my nickname.”

 

How does she not like that? It’s a cute name!

 

“It is quite cringey. I get that you don’t want to tell me your real name, but give me something better to call you.” She told him.

 

“Those are really only the nickname I have…”

 

Lies. But the other nicknames he has make it obvious who he is.

 

“How about this,” She started to say, “What’s an animal that people say you look like?”

 

“Really? That’s how you’re going to make me a name?” He chuckled, finding her amusing.

 

“Well, what else are we going to do?”

 

“Fine, fine… People usually say I look like a rabbit.”

 

“Then how about I call you Tokki?” Chaeyoung asked cutely.

 

Jungkook grinned, actually happy with his new nickname, “Sure, I like that.”

 

You know, this is all really weird, but so far this girl seems pretty cool. She didn’t even press him on being an idol! He’s really surprised she didn’t ask any further questions about it... it’s almost like she knows how annoying it is?

 

“Yah, what are you doing?” Seokjin asked, entering the kitchen.

 

“I was making dinner for myself.” Jungkook responded, holding a closed package of beef.

 

Seokjin ran up to the maknae, stealing the meat from him, “I was going to use this to make dinner for all of us tonight.”

 

“Oh, really?”

 

“Yeah, really. We already decided that I was going to make dinner, remember?”

 

No, Jungkook doesn’t remember. Maybe this was decided when he was sleeping in the car?

 

Jungkook left the kitchen so Seokjin could work his cooking magic, wanting to continue the conversation with Chaeyoung. Usually Jungkook is intimidated by girls, but maybe him thinking that Chaeyoung was an enigma helped him get comfortable? Maybe if he saw her in real life, he would get spooked again. If that interaction with Rosé proved anything, it was that Jungkook is still not very smooth with the ladies.

 

“Where are you going?” Namjoon asked, watching Taehyung leave the dorm.

 

Jungkook entered the room, curious to see where his hyung was going. Usually Taehyung doesn’t leave the dorm often unless he has plans with other celebrity pals.

 

“Uh,” Taehyung glanced at Jungkook, then back to Namjoon, “Soojin just asked me if I wanted to get a bite to eat.”

 

“You’re back with Soojin?” Jungkook said, surprised.

 

He shrugged, “Nah, I decided recently that I’m gonna go with the flow when it comes to romantic relationships. After Yoongi freaked out on me about relationships, I realized that I should just see where life takes me.”

 

“But you broke up with her.” Namjoon replied.

 

“We’re still friends though.”

 

“Oh, so it’s not romantic?”

 

“I don’t know.” Taehyung said.

 

Wow, I guess he really is going with the flow. Good for him!

 

Jungkook has always liked Taehyung’s exes. He doesn’t have a specific type, he just runs into people and happens to have connections with them. But the only thing similar about the girls Taehyung dates is that they’re all just nice, genuine people. So I guess you could say he has a type, but it’s a type that everyone has.

 

Also, Taehyung is always the one to break up with the woman he dates. It’s because he’s always so busy with being an idol, so he just feels like he should break it off early before either of them get too attached. The girl he’s going to hang out with, Soojin, is the woman he dated the longest, which is only a year and a half.

 

Jungkook can see Taehyung going back with someone he has already dated, because each of his past relationships had potential to be something greater.

 

Sometimes Jungkook feels like he’s lacking compared to his hyungs. He’s only been in one relationship, and it wasn’t a good one either. Well, at the beginning it was, but soon it turned kind of toxic.

 

But we’ll get into that later.

 

 

The next morning Jungkook felt relieved that he didn’t have another dream through Chaeyoung’s POV, that must have meant that Chaeyoung was asleep as well. What a coincidence that they went to bed at the same time!

 

“Was your dinner good last night?” She asked once Jungkook said good morning.

 

“Ah, yeah it was. That’s kind of random.”

 

 

Rosé went to bed kind of early the night before. Because of this, she was able to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter