:9: "I'm not a wimp."

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“C’mon, answer the phone…” Jungkook muttered, wanting his friend to pick up. He tapped his foot, irritated that the world isn’t working in his favor.

 

Bambam refuses to join him on his outing, and Rosé texted Jungkook saying that Lisa isn’t able to go either. So, Yugyeom is his only hope.

 

“Ah, hello there.” Yugyeom said smoothly. It sounds like he already knows what Jungkook is going to ask.

 

“Hey, I have a favor to ask you.”

 

Yugyeom didn’t say anything for a few moments, which made Jungkook think that he hung up. But instead, his friend finally replied,

 

“Is this about your date?”

 

Jungkook groaned, “Aw, come on! Bambam is already manipulating you to not come with me?”

 

“Not manipulating… he’s making me see the light.”

 

“Yeah, right. Is that light being a douche to your friend in need?”

 

“No, the light is seeing how you’re clearly being a wimp.” Yugyeom responded.

 

“I’m not a wimp,” Jungkook frowned.

 

“Rosé seems really cool, and you don’t want to ruin that by seeming like a weenie who needs to bring his friends along. That’s why Bambam and Lisa aren’t going to help out.”

 

Jungkook was quiet for a few moments, realizing that, “Bambam and Lisa are in cahoots with one another?”

 

“Yeah, they’re working against you and Rosé.”

 

Why isn’t Jungkook surprised by this? Of course this happens to him. How great. His friends are so kind, wow.

 

“Wait, what do you mean against me and Rosé?” Jungkook asked, confused.

 

“Well, Lisa told Bambam that she’s not going because she can tell that Rosé wants it to be a date… even though Rosé can't recognize that she wants it to… if that makes sense.” Yugyeom explained.

 

…Rosé wants it to be a date? So she’s into him? She likes him that way? Someone actually is interested in Jungkook romantically?

 

“Really?” Jungkook grinned.

 

“Yup, and by your change in tone, it seems like you’re glad that Rosé is subconsciously interested in you.” Yugyeom replied.

 

After a few more minutes, Jungkook hung up the phone, actually glad that Yugyeom is bailing. But still, Jungkook is really nervous, especially now that Rosé’s intentions are romantic ones.

 

“So I guess she really is interested in me.” Jungkook stated.

 

“Well, yeah. If she’s going on a date with you, that means she’s interested.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“I know, but I kind of made it seem like a friendly thing. But now I know it’s the real deal.”

 

“Good for you, Tokki! You go win her heart!”

 

 

At least someone is having fun.

 

Rosé doesn’t even know what Jungkook’s intentions are! Is this just a ’97 liner outing, or is it kind of like a group date of some sort…? It doesn’t make sense.

 

Lisa isn’t going, so apparently it will be her, Bambam, Yugyeom, and Jungkook, which isn’t the ideal group setting. Sure she knows Bambam, but… her and three guys? That’s so odd.

 

Maybe she should cancel…? No, she shouldn’t! She needs to make some friends! And since she’s already somewhat friends with Bambam, it shouldn’t be that awkward, right? Yeah, so it’s alright! She’s got this!

 

There is exactly one week until the outing, and Rosé is already getting way to anxious about it. It just seems so strange. Will YG get upset if she does this? You know, since she’ll be out with three guys? Maybe not since it’s a group, but OH NO what if Dispatch or the media finds out about the group hangout! There may be dating rumors, and YG will be pissed!

 

Will she get dating rumors with all three guys?... Wouldn’t that make it better though? It’ll be easier to come to the conclusion that they’re fake. But then her innocent reputation will be tainted! Rosé sighed loudly, her mind racing with stupid motivation speeches.

 

“Are you alright?” Tokki asked, clearly concerned.

 

Oh , she didn’t mention names or anything, correct?

 

“Ah, kind of. I’m just nervous about something.”

 

“About making new friends?”

 

“Y-Yeah.”

 

“I mean, from what I hear, you have an opportunity to meet three cool people, whoever they are.”

 

Okay, so Rosie didn’t mention that it was Bambam, Yugyeom, and Jungkook. If she did, Tokki would have definitely figured out that she’s an idol.

 

“I know, but I’m just so nervous. I’m not that good at trying to form relationships with people; especially when all those people are new and their friends themselves.” Rosé responded.

 

“Then would you mind if I asked how you got invited if they’re all already friends?”

 

Uh, what should Rosé say? She can’t say she met a fellow idol at an after party.

 

“I started to become friends with one of them, and he wants to introduce me to his other friends.” Rosé explained. Good one, Rosie!

 

“Wait, is this the guy you’re taking a liking too?”

 

“Maybe… well, I wouldn’t say liking as in romantic, but,”

 

“Hey, if I can admit that I’m interested in someone, you can too!” Tokki joked.

 

Rosé laughed loudly, then realized that the girls were in the other room. She composed herself, then replied, “Fine, fine. I MAY be interested. I don’t know yet. I think he just wants to be friends, anyways.”

 

“I know that feeling.”

 

Jennie suddenly entered the room, “Hey, are you alright? Why were you just cackling so loudly?”

 

Well, she tried. How is Rosé going to get out of this? “I was watching a funny video on my phone.”

 

“…Wait it another video of a dog standing on its hind legs?” Jennie asked, not surprised.

 

“Maybe.”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Alright then, have fun with that.”

 

Wow, I guess Rosé is actually getting better at lying! Good for her. Actually, she probably shouldn’t keep up the lying. It’s not a good habit to have.

 

 

“Why are there guys with video cameras outside?” Jimin asked as the seven boys walked into the restaurant.

 

Namjoon shrugged, “Maybe Seungri sunbae is making a commercial for the place?”

 

BTS finally had their first night off in weeks, so they decided to get something to eat to celebrate their night of freedom.

 

Tomorrow they have another night off (surprisingly), and it’s also the day that Jungkook goes on his date with Rosé. Or, well, maybe we should just call it a one-on-one outing?

 

The guys have been teasing Jungkook since this morning, and it’s been quite annoying for Jungkook. All he hears is “tomorrow’s your big day!” “Tomorrow is the day you become a man!”

 

It’s endless.

 

Anyways, the boys went to a more private section of the restaurant, glad that Seungri, being a fellow idol, made a section just for celebrities so they could have privacy.

 

“I heard the food here is so good. I’m hyped.” Hoseok clapped, ready to eat.

 

“Didn’t you come here on your date a few weeks ago?” Taehyung asked, confused.

 

“That was Jimin.”

 

“It was me.” Jimin confirmed, “It’s really good.”

 

“So how are things going with Seulgi anyways?” Yoongi asked, uninterested.

 

“It’s fine, surprisingly.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Seokjin replied.

 

“We’ve only seen each other like… twice in the past four weeks. But things are still great.” Jimin explained.

 

“That’s surprising since you have abandonment issues.” Taehyung joked.

 

“Yah, I don’t, I just get lonely!” Jimin retorted, “Anyways I,”

 

Namjoon suddenly stopped walking, making the guys halt as well. “What’s wrong?” Jungkook asked, confused.

 

“Uh, Jungkook,” Namjoon pointed ahead of them to one of the private booths.

 

Jungkook looked in that direction, and sighed once he saw who it was, “Of course this happens to me.”

 

“Should we go greet them?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Probably.” Yoongi mumbled.

 

So, the boys went to go greet the other idols.

 

 

“I’m so glad we could come here for one of our last days of filming!” Lisa clapped, the three other girls joining in.

 

“It all came full circle.” Jennie commented.

 

BLACKPINK is getting close to the end of filming (since their first episode just aired a few days ago), and they decided to come back to Seungri’s restaurant to reminisce. The camera crew decided to let them film themselves to make the moment more meaningful.

 

“This really has been fun.” Rosé smiled sweetly, somehow getting emotional.

 

“Yah, you better not be crying.” Jisoo joked, nudging Chaeyoung.

 

“Don’t make fun of me for having emotions!” Rosé laughed.

 

The girls continued to reminisce about their filming for BLACKPINK TV, until they were so RUDELY interrupted by,

 

“Hello there.” A man suddenly said.

 

The four girls turned to the voice, surprised to see who was standing in front of their table.

 

“Of course.” Rosé thought, wanting to die. She was already so nervous about tomorrow, and now she’s getting another reminder about it from BTS themselves! What are the odds that they came here? Well, a lot of idols love this place, but that’s beside the point!

 

RM was the one who greeted them, which wasn’t a surprise at all. But the four girls glanced at one another, not knowing who should take charge for them in this situation.

 

“Hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter