:18: "Can we talk?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosé trudged out of her room in her baggiest pajamas. A large blanket was wrapped around her as she rubbed her swollen eyes, feeling a tad better than earlier today.

 

It was nighttime, and Rosé wanted to eat for the first time all day.

 

Yes, Rosé is still upset. Yes, she’s still crying, but not as much as before! So that’s something… right?

 

Her friends would check in on her, which was really kind but their concern couldn’t help her in any way.

 

She wanted Jungkook checking in on her, asking if she was alright. Obviously she would send him away, but at least he would be trying.

 

All Rosé wants to do is give Jungkook another chance. She knows that she should… but he needs to prove himself. With everything that’s happened between the two of them, Rosé knows that it all has some greater meaning.

 

It’s like the two of them are meant to be together.

 

But she can’t think about that right now. What she needs to focus on is her work. That’s it. If Jungkook shows that he’s going to try to save their relationship, she’ll add him to her list of things to focus on.

 

Although Roseanne has been getting too much sleep, she’s been so worn out; it’s because Jungkook must be, which also means that he hasn’t been sleeping at all. So it does show that he’s not over her.

 

Anyways, Rosé went to the refrigerator, grabbing some pastries and fruits; a strange combo. She hummed a random tune, trying to keep herself in good spirits.

 

“You’re up late.” Jennie stated, walking into the kitchen.

 

“It’s not even close to midnight yet,” Rosé responded, taking a bite of a muffin.

 

Jennie looked at the clock, “Oh, I thought it was one in the morning.” She sat down on the stool by the counter, watching Rosé with concerned eyes, “How are you feeling?”

 

Rosé shrugged, “Alright. I’m getting better day by day.”

 

“That’s good,” Jennie replied. The two didn’t say anything for a few minutes as Rosé ate her muffin. Jennie stared at her, seeming as if she had a secret that she wished to tell.

 

“Are you okay?” Rosé asked.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’m just thinking about things.”

 

“Like what?”

 

Jennie shrugged, “About you and him.” Rosé didn’t say anything, because she wanted to know what exactly Jennie was thinking about. “It’s just sad.”

 

Roseanne frowned, “I know.” Clearly she didn’t want Jennie to continue; I mean, why would she want her to? She finally exits her room and Jennie starts talking about Jungkook and Rosé’s broken relationship?

 

“Everything will get better though,” Jennie said.

 

“I know,” Rosé repeated.

 

“Chaeyoung, seriously. Things will clear up.”

 

Rosé gave Jennie a suspicious look, “What?”

 

“I just have a good feeling about it.” Jennie shrugged.

 

“About what?” Rosé asked, kind of upset, “About Jungkook and I? Did you do something?”

 

Jennie’s eyes widened, “No, no! I didn’t!”

 

“Okay, because you’re making it seem like you did.”

 

“I didn’t.” Jennie replied seriously.

 

“Are you lying to me?”

 

“Chaeyoung, stop. I didn’t. Stop being so paranoid.”

 

“Then why does it feel like you did something?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Jennie didn’t respond, staring at Chaeyoung with a confounded expression. Rosé rolled her eyes, walking quickly out of the room.

 

“Yah, don’t walk out like that!” Jennie yelled.

 

Rosé ignored her, walking back to her bedroom. They weren’t in the BLACKPINK house right now, because the staff is setting up something special for their last few days. So, they’re in the dorm. She slammed the door behind her, throwing her snacks onto her bed.

 

Clearly she wasn’t acting like herself, and clearly Jungkook was feeling this way for some reason. Roseanne just wanted to leave before she freaked out on Jennie.

 

Jennie knocked on her bedroom door, “Rosie? Can we talk?”

 

“Not now please.”

 

“Chaeng,” Jennie said, opening the door, “You’re not acting like yourself.”

 

“I have my reasons,” Rosé mumbled.

 

“I know,” Jennie responded, sitting on her bed, “I know you do.”

 

Rosé turned to her, “Sorry.”

 

“It’s fine, I get it. The relationship was recent, but it was strong.”

 

“Yeah,” Rosie sighed, feeling Jungkook’s angriness die down, “I miss him.”

 

“Obviously you do. It’s only been a week.”

 

“I know, but I’ve just never been this upset over a guy, you know?”

 

“You’ve only dated one and he turned out to be a psycho.” Jennie said.

 

Rosé rolled her eyes, “I know, but you should get what I mean.”

 

“I do,” Jennie replied, “Anyways, I have a feeling you and Jungkook will reunite again. Or at least be on good terms. You two are too similar and compatible. If anything, you’ll remain good friends.”

 

“Ugh, but I don’t want to be friends!” Rosé groaned, “I want him to be my boyfriend.”

 

Jennie chuckled, “Wow, you’re really into him.”

 

“Yup,” Rosé sighed, plopping onto her bed besides Jennie, “It’s scary.”

 

“Love is a scary thing.” Her unnie shrugged. Rosé groaned again, making Jennie ask, “What’s wrong?”

 

“I love that weenie.”

 

This made Jennie burst out laughing, “Weenie? That’s a new one.”

 

“He’s a jerky weenie.” Rosé couldn’t help but giggle with her friend, “I love him.”

 

“Did you tell him that?”

 

“I accidentally did… before breaking up with him.”

 

“Did he say it back?”

 

“Well, no. I didn’t give him a chance.” Rosé told her.

 

“That makes sense,” Jennie muttered, then stated, “You did the right thing.”

 

“Doing the right thing .”

 

“I know.” Jennie lay down with her, “Don’t you think it’s weird what love does to a person?”

 

“Huh?” Rosé asked, confused.

 

Jennie shrugged, “I don’t know. This past week, I kept looking back at the relationship you and Jungkook had… especially today. I feel like fate and love go hand and hand.”

 

“I mean, I get that I guess. Fate has been really weird to Jungkook and I.”

 

Yup, Jennie knows what Rosé is suggesting. But obviously she’s not going to say anything.

 

“A few nights ago Yoongi and I talked about you guys.” Jennie randomly said. Well, Jennie and Yoongi talked about those two today also… they also made Jungkook go see Jihyun!... Which is happening soon.

 

“Oh really?” Rosé asked, interested. Sure hearing about her relationship with Jungkook is hard, but she has to try and be strong. This is her way of testing herself.

 

“Yup, it made us realize how much love is complete garbage.”

 

Oh. I wasn’t expecting that.

 

“I mean, you’re not wrong.” Rosé replied.

 

“I know I’m not. And because of that,” Jennie said, “We made one of those marriage pacts?”

 

“What?”

 

“You know, when we agree that if we’re not married by a certain age, we’ll get eloped.”

 

Rosé was sort of in shock from hearing this, “I thought you didn’t have feelings for him.”

 

“I don’t.” Jennie said seriously, “But he’s one of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter