:16: "And?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Rosé looked at her reflection, content with the outfit she put together. This is going to be her first real date with Jungkook, and it’s probably going to be the last for a few weeks. BTS is going to be back and forth from Japan for the rest of February, so it’s best to make this night count.

 

Tonight’s going to be a night full of honesty, support, and openness. She’s excited! Jungkook is so kind to her… well, yesterday he was acting strange, but that doesn’t count.

 

Her main priority is to tell Jungkook about her ex. She’ll show him the picture, explain everything, and then they’ll make-out. It’ll be great!

 

She also wants to know why Jungkook was feeling so guilty yesterday. It wasn’t just a quick feeling; it lasted for a few hours. What could have made him feel that way?

 

Walking out into the kitchen, Rosé wanted to show the girls her date outfit.

 

“Ooh, DAMN Chaeyoung! You’re looking hot!” Lisa joked.

 

Rosé twirled, adding to the joke, “Stop, you’re making me blush.”

 

“Jungkook is a lucky guy!” Jisoo said.

 

Wow, get yourself some friends that hype you up as much as BLACKPINK does.

 

“You never dress that scandalous unless the stylist forces you to,” Jennie commented, noticing Rosé’s bodycon dress, “Are you planning to bang him?”

 

Rosé gasped, “No, of course not, I,”

 

Lisa stood up, imitating Rosé, “I am a pure church girl! I would never delve myself in the sin that is ! I will wait until marriage like God told me to!”

 

The four girls were then silent, until Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo burst out laughing. “Wow,” Jennie said, “You nailed that.”

 

Rosé pursed her lips, “It’s not like I’m against it.”

 

Jisoo chuckled, “When we brought up the idea of with your ex you poured your water bottle on us. I guess to purify us?”

 

“Stop making all the religion jokes! I’m not that religious!”

 

“Okay, okay,” Jennie said, “But if the moment came, would you actually think about,”

 

“What, sleeping with Jungkook?” Rosé asked, her friend nodding in response. She was silent for a few moments, then shrugged, “I mean, I don’t know. But for some reason, being with Jungkook just feels right. It feels like I’m supposed to be with him.”

 

Just thinking about going on future dates and outings with Jungkook made Rosé’s heart flutter; she hoped that Jungkook wouldn’t build up his ego too much when he would find out why his heart felt so light.

 

“Aw, so you two are gonna bang!” Lisa clapped.

 

“At least she’ll be getting something,” Jennie mumbled.

 

Lisa sighed, “I know, right?”

 

“Yah, you had your chance!” Rosé said to her friend.

 

“But I didn’t do anything for the sake of BLACKPINK!”

 

“So if Rosé did something that would mean she’s going against BLACKPINK?” Jennie asked, playing devil’s advocate.

 

“No, I didn’t mean it like that!” Lisa replied, then turned to Jisoo, “Help me out!”

 

Jisoo shrugged, “I have no opinion on this.”

 

“You already slept with Hoseok, didn’t you.” Jennie said.

 

“Maybe I did,” Jisoo took a grape, sticking it in , “and maybe I didn’t.”

 

 

“Gross,” Jungkook muttered as he grabbed his car keys.

 

“What’s gross?” Taehyung asked.

 

Jungkook paused for a moment, realizing that he was probably feeling disgust from Rosé, “Uh, there was, like, some gum residue on the car keys.”

 

Taehyung grimaced, “Nasty.”

 

“So tonight’s your big date?” Jimin asked Jungkook from afar; he was currently seated on the couch looking at Jungkook, not having anything else to do.

 

“Yup,” Jungkook replied.

 

“You don’t sound too excited.” Taehyung commented.

 

“I am.”

 

“Did something happen?” Jimin asked, knowing that Jungkook went to go see Jihyun. Well, all the BTS members know that he went to see her, they just haven’t said anything about it.

 

Jungkook noticed how Jimin looked like he was waiting for Jungkook to spill some huge secret. He obviously has one, but all of the BTS members will metaphorically murder him if they find out that he went to go see Jihyun and he didn’t deny her kiss. He shivered thinking about how much of an idiot he was last night. No, he didn’t like the kiss because he’s into Roseanne, but no he didn’t back out; he can’t figure out why he didn’t reject her. Not only is it ty to Rosé, it’s ty to Jihyun also! It’s ty for everyone!

 

“Uh, hello?” Taehyung asked, waving his hand in front of Jungkook’s face.

 

Jungkook flinched, “What happened?”

 

“You stared off into the distance for a solid two minutes.” Jimin replied.

 

“Are you seriously alright, Kook? I’m worried about you.” Taehyung said.

 

The maknae didn’t speak for a few moments, until he said without thinking, “I saw Jihyun.”

 

Wow, okay Jungkook. I thought you were going to keep that secret until later. Alright, go against my writing.

 

Taehyung groaned, and then handed Jimin some money, “I seriously thought I was going to win.”

 

“What?” Jungkook asked, not expecting such a response.

 

“All the members made a bet against me that you weren’t going to tell us about Jihyun for a week. I was the only one who knew that you would just blurt it out the next day.” Jimin grinned, “I’m going to be making a good amount of money~! I can buy a fancy dinner and everything.”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes, “Alright, so you already knew?”

 

“It was kind of obvious.” Taehyung replied, “Jimin said he showed you the picture and then you ran out. We all knew you’d be stupid enough to see Jihyun first rather than getting an explanation from Rosé.”

 

“I’m not stupid,” Jungkook muttered.

 

“You are.” His two hyungs replied.

 

Yeah, he really is.

 

“I’m telling Rosé tonight.” Jungkook added.

 

“You better,” Jimin responded, “Especially since she’s supposedly telling you something tonight.”

 

“She’s probably going to tell me that she went to go see her ex… and probably did stuff with him.”

 

“Wait, what?” Taehyung asked.

 

Jimin and Jungkook looked at Taehyung, both of them not understanding his confusion. “Rosé hung out with her ex.” Jimin told him.

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” Taehyung said, pulling up a picture on his phone, “You mean this guy?” It was the infamous picture that caused Jungkook to run to Jihyun’s place.

 

“Why do you have that? Does everyone have it?” Jungkook asked, annoyed.

 

“Lisa sent it to me… Want to know why?”

 

“Well, yeah.”

 

“First of all, I thought Jimin showed you a scandalous picture of Rosé or something,” Taehyung replied.

 

“Ew, what? Why would I have that?” Jimin asked.

 

“That’s why I was confused. I thought the problem was that she accidentally sent it to you. Anyways, that doesn’t matter. After I heard about Jungkook leaving to see Jihyun, I texted Lisa asking her if there would be any reason that Rosé should be nervous. This is because I didn’t want to ruin Rosé’s life by having Lisa tell her that Jungkook went to see Jihyun because a scandalous picture got sent around.”

 

“This is the weirdest explanation I’ve ever heard.” Jungkook mumbled.

 

“Yah, don’t interrupt me! I’m on a roll.” Taehyung said, “Anywho, Lisa said that Rosé meant to tell you something important at the park, but obviously you didn’t have time. It turns out that the man in this picture,” he pointed to Rosé’s ex, “Is indeed Rosé’s ex boyfriend, but he’s with another girl. He dates girls that resemble Rosé.”

 

Jungkook and Jimin were silent, trying to comprehend what Taehyung just said. Wait, why does that sound so familiar anyways?

 

“I mean… he wasn’t terrible. He was just kind of possessive. When I tried to break things off, he refused.” Chaeyoung told him.

 

“So what do you mean? He was obsessed with you?” Jungkook asked, interested. It isn’t really his place to know, but he’s curious. She probably won’t respond anyways since it’s a rough topic.

 

“I guess you could say that,” She sighed, “Now he dates girls that resemble me a lot.”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened, not expecting such a creepy fact from Chaeyoung. Her ex dates girls that look like Chaeyoung? He must be a psycho!

 

Oh no. She’s told him that before. Rosé told him that her ex dates girls that look like her! How did Jungkook forget?!

 

“By the look on your face, it looks like Rosé told you this already?” Jimin asked.

 

“Holy ,” Jungkook muttered, freaking out, “She already told me this but I’m an idiot and forgot. And I went to see Jihyun! And she kissed me! And I didn’t back out! I’m terrible!”

 

“WHAT? You kissed her?!” Taehyung gasped.

 

“No, she kissed me, but I still didn’t reject it!”

 

“Dude, you’re screwed.” Jimin said.

 

“She’s gonna break up with me.” Jungkook stated.

 

“Well, obviously.” Taehyung replied.

 

“Not unless you explain yourself.” Jimin told him.

 

“I can’t explain myself, I had no reason! I made a rash decision and karma came back for me!” Jungkook was lowkey hyperventilating.

 

“…Did you not back out because you thought you were getting revenge on Rosé?” Taehyung guessed.

 

“It’s definitely not that,” Jungkook responded quickly, “I-I don’t know. Maybe it’s because in that moment I felt like only Jihyun cared about me?”

 

“There’s your explanation.” Jimin said.

 

“It’s a terrible explanation though.”

 

“Yeah it is, but it’s still an explanation nonetheless.”

 

“She’s going to hate me.” Jungkook murmured, a wave of sadness rushing over him.

 

Chaeyoung has been nothing but kind to him, and he just had to mess it all up. He ruined the most perfect relationship he could ever have.

 

Suddenly Jungkook’s phone dinged, knowing that it was Chaeyoung wondering why he was feeling awful.

 

Rosé: [Do you not want to go out tonight? If you’re not feeling well we can push it back…]

 

So she thinks he’s just ill?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter