:10: "Is this a date?"

DNA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The two stared at one another in silence, Rosé’s expression turning from excitement to confusion.

 

“Is everything alright?” Jungkook asked, concerned.

 

“Uh, y-yes,” She replied, then glanced behind him, “But, um, may I ask where the other two are?”

 

Jungkook froze up, realizing that he never told Rosé that IT’LL JUST BE THEM. Was he so nervous that he forgot to let her know? Ugh, Jungkook! Everything was going so well! And look at you now, you ruined your outing!

 

Based off of Jungkook’s silence, Rosé started to realize that it may just be them. She knew that Bambam was just a maybe, but she thought that Yugyeom would have for sure joined them!

 

“I must’ve forgotten to let you know that,” Jungkook began to say, then took a deep breath, “T-They couldn’t make it.”

 

Rosé stood there, now realizing what this friendly outing has turned into, “Oh, uh, that’s a shame.”

 

“I know,” Jungkook scratched the back of his head, feeling awkward, “Sorry about that.”

 

Jungkook could see that Rosé was trying to hide how surprised she was; well of course she’s surprised, she expected a group setting, not a romantic walk in the park! Wait, Jungkook was planning for it to be a romantic walk in the park?

 

“No, it’s fine,” Rosé said timidly, “At least you came. It would have been awkward if I was just roaming the park by myself.”

 

He chuckled, “I’m not that forgetful.”

 

Slowly the awkwardness faded away as their conversation continued on, and the both of them decided to start walking around.

 

They walked side by side, talking about their music and whatever was happening in their busy lives. Jungkook began to talk about how BTS is in the process of making a new album. They haven’t decided if it’s going to be an extension of Love Yourself or not, but he told her that he’s excited nonetheless.

 

Rosé listened to him intently, interested in the life of being a BTS member. They always sound like they’re doing something exciting… Rosé wishes that she could say the same. Being in YG, it’s hard once promotions for a comeback come to an end; once it’s over, the artist knows that it’s going to be a long time until another comeback will occur. In her darkest days, Rosé’s considered convincing the girls that all of them should just straight-up leave YG Entertainment. But all of Rosé’s friends are in YG Entertainment, and she does sometimes have photoshoots… it’s difficult.

 

As Jungkook continued to nervously talk about BTS (it seemed that he was starting to ramble), Rosé couldn’t help but think,

 

“Is this a date?”

 

Jungkook stopped speaking for a moment, surprising Rosé since he was on such a roll.

 

“Is everything okay?” Rosé asked kindly.

 

“Ah, yeah, I just,” Jungkook looked behind him, “Thought I heard something. I get so paranoid when I’m out in the open.”

 

And so Jungkook continued… and Rosé continued to wonder if Jungkook’s intentions were romantic or not. But when she thought about this, she made sure not to mention Jungkook’s name since Tokki could hear her.

 

 

Is she even listening anymore? She seems to be dozing off. Is Jungkook being boring? Is he boring her? Oh god, he’s definitely boring her!

 

At first Jungkook was doing really well when he was talking about BTS… once Rosé smiled at him and complimented his talents, he became an awkward mess. He started to ramble on about BTS’s upcoming schedule, giving her every single detail of what they have to do. He’s ruining it!

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung keeps saying weird stuff like “Is he checking me out?” and “should I have worn more formal clothing?”

 

It seems that she may be out on a date as well. So good for her, but Jungkook is RUINING his date, oh wait, OUTING!

 

Jungkook finally got himself to shut up, wanting to turn the focus onto her, “So, um, is BLACKPINK coming back soon?”

 

Rosé didn’t respond for a few minutes, because she was too busy looking up at the stars. Jungkook grinned at this, finding her adorable.

 

“I hope so.” Rosé responded, “We’re working on an album, but,” she shrugged, “I don’t know when it will be released.”

 

“Maybe it’ll be released around the same time as BTS’s,” He joked.

 

“Oh GOD, no thank you. We’ll definitely be overshadowed by you guys!”

 

“Hey, don’t say that, you four are really talented. And you’re already really popular despite still being considered rookies.”

 

Rosé smiled softly, “Thanks, but the way that we’re being managed, it seems like it’ll be difficult to keep the momentum going.”

 

“Well it’s been, what, seven months since your last comeback and it’s still trending everywhere? I don’t think you’ll ever lose momentum.”

 

Wow, here he goes again being all smooth. Before Rosé was nervous that he was uncomfortable, but he’s better now!

 

She felt her cheeks warming up, upset with herself that she let Jungkook make her feel so shy so easily.

 

“Would you like to sit down?” Jungkook asked, pointing to the bench.

 

“Sure,” She replied, the two of them sitting besides one another. They kept enough distance to not seem too interested, but they weren’t too far for it to be awkward. “So why did you choose this place to meet up?”

 

“Well, a lot of idols use this park to hang out with friends or go on dates,” Jungkook explained, “B-But we’re just using it as friends,”

 

Rosé giggled at how flustered he became, “I know, you don’t have to clarify.”

 

Well he finally clarified his intentions. They’re just hanging out as friends. Is it strange to say that Rosé is a little upset about it?

 

Goddamnit Jungkook, you have now officially ruined your chances of this being a date.

 

“Uh, but anyways,” Jungkook looked away from Rosé’s cute expression, observing the park from where he was sitting, “My members told me about this place tons of times. I’ve only been here once to meet up with Yugyeom a year ago. But it seems that no fans or just the general public know about this place. It’s only for idols.”

 

“Do you know who found it?” Rosé asked, interested.

 

“I think Namjoon said it was either someone from BIGBANG or Girl’s Generation… or maybe it was a BIGBANG member and a Girl’s Generation member together.” Jungkook shrugged.

 

“So it’s been a while and only idols know about it?”

 

He nodded, “I’m surprised by it. There are a bunch of places in Seoul that only idols know about.”

 

“We should go to them!”

 

Jungkook was surprised about how excited Rosé seemed; she probably had no idea that the idol hideouts were even a concept.

 

“Well there are a lot of them,” He chuckled, “It would take a while to go to every single one. There’s even one right on the border between Bucheon and Seoul.”

 

“Really? Wow, I didn’t know those places existed.” Rosé said, clearly amazed. She watched Jungkook as he explained what each place was, seeing how he was interested in the topic as well… he seems to know a lot about each place, so he definitely has gone to all of them. But did he use these places for dates or just an escape?

 

“It’s really strange how many places there are… and how no one besides idols know.” Jungkook said.

 

“Would you bring friends and dates to those places also?” Rosé asked.

 

It seemed that Jungkook wasn’t expecting such a question, because his eyes widened and he let out an awkward chuckled, “Uh, well, I would only bring friends. These places are only for idols. You can’t bring non-celebrities.”

 

“Oh, so you dated non-idols?” Rosé doesn’t even know why she’s interested in Jungkook’s dating life. Is she looking for a type?

 

He turned to her, and saw how curious she looked. It was a cute look, but he still was confused about why she’s asking such questions, “Not many, but yeah. I’ve only dated one person.”

 

“Interesting,” Rosé turned, now looking back towards the park again.

 

“What about you?” Jungkook suddenly asked.

 

“Me?” She was silent for a few moments, “Well, when I was a kid I had those silly relationships where we pretended that we were married or whatever, but since coming to South Korea, I tried dating. It didn’t work out… I mean,” she stopped herself,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter