LATE

Dare To Love You

Jinyoung was looking at the ring given by Brian on his ring finger, the older so happy when Jinyoung cleared up all his thoughts and his feelings towards Mark last night. Jinyoung thoughts he must be happy to hear Mark’s confession but he was feeling nothing over it. Jinyoung pushed Mark hand away from hugging his waist and thanking him for loving him. If only Mark said that when he was yet to meet Brian, Jinyoung probably jumped right away but right now, Brian is someone he love and Mark is his past. Jinyoung saw the disappointed look on Mark face but Mark said he understood it. He knew that Brian would give Jinyoung happiness more than he could.

“Baby, are you going to stare at the ring forever?” Brian brushed Jinyoung fringe from covering his eyes.

Jinyoung looked at Brian and smiled.

“Thanks for everything.” Jinyoung rest his head on Brian stomach and surrounded his hand around Brian waist.

 

 

Mark packed his luggage and sighed, the last night conversation hit him a lot. Mark never expect that he was going to confess his feeling to Jinyoung. He knew he fall in love with the younger but denied it right away, because he afraid to that he disappointed his father. Jinyoung loved him and he is the past to the younger. Mark took his wallet and smiled to see their past selca.

A ringing coming from his mobile phone.

“Hello, Mama.” Mark answered.

“Oh, Mark. Mama and Papa in NY, can you pick us?” Mark shocked because his mother would interrogate him about Jinyoung.

“What are you doing here?” Mark cannot avoid but sound a little rude.

“Mark, are you kidding me? When you said Jinyoung in NY, I asked Papa if he want to meet Jinyoung and here we are in NY.” Mama excited voice made Mark wanted to jump from his hotel room.

Mark took a deep breath and cancelled his plan to checkout. He took the car key and head to Jinyoung’s training centre. Mark bowed to the receptionist and right away went to the practice room. Mark opened the door and he saw Jinyoung was practicing with few trainees. The trainer paused the song and everyone looked at Mark. Jinyoung bowed to them and approached the older.

“What are you doing here?” Jinyoung could not believe that Mark still don’t want to give up.

“Mama and Papa. They are in the airport to visit you. You know better how much they adore you as if you are their son rather than I am.” Mark complaint likes the old time made Jinyoung laughed.

“You still a jealous baby.” Jinyoung made Mark stopped sulking.

“Can you come with me?” Mark said and he held Jinyoung’s hand, more likes begging.

Mark suddenly felt something on Jinyoung’s finger. Jinyoung about to pull away his hand but that made Mark held it tight.

“Mark…” Jinyoung softly called Mark’s name, tried not to hurt Mark.

“You don’t need to explain.” Mark sadly said.

Jinyoung slowly feel Mark was letting go of his hand.

“I need to tell Brian first. You can wait, right?” Mark nodded and he felt his heart was breaking in every step Jinyoung was walking toward Brian.

 

            Jinyoung was trying to look good but Mark said that his parent already saw him at his worst whenever Mark gave them a video during Jinyoung study days. Jinyoung could not agree more on that because Mark did love to record his worst moment and he have collections of USB only for him.

“I still look at those video when I was boring.” Mark laughed.

Jinyoung frowned.

“You already thrown everything away that day, how can you watch it again?” Jinyoung question made Mark cleared his throat.

“Mark…” Jinyoung commanded to give him an answered.

“I took it back early in the morning before they collect it and put it under my bed.” Mark murmured and Jinyoung bits his lips.

 “You lost your chance.” Jinyoung joked but Mark had to agree.

They arrived at the airport and Jinyoung saw Mark’s parent was waiting at the coffee shop.

“Welcome to NY, Mrs. and Mr. Tuan.” Jinyoung cutely greeted them. Mark knew Jinyoung being a favourite with a reason.

“My beloved son.” Mama Tuan pulled Jinyoung into a hugged.

Jinyoung who was never got a love by his mother after left his house, felt touched by how warm Mark parent toward him.

“Mark come here son.” Mama Tuan hugged Mark after released Jinyoung.

Papa Tuan hugged Jinyoung and brushed his hair.

“Oh, a ring.” Mama Tuan spotted the ring on Jinyoung’s finger.

Jinyoung startled, he should keep it before meeting them but he forget to do it.

“Who is that lucky guy?” Mama Tuan teased and pulled Mark by shoulders.

“Mama…” Mark frowned.

“You and….” Mama Tuan about to say Mark name but Jinyoung quickly cut her.

“Brian Kang. He is my boyfriend.” Mama Tuan shocked a little but she knew the reason behind Jinyoung change of heart.

Papa Tuan still in puzzle and Mark let him be.

The awkwardness fill up the car, Mark wanted to hide himself but Jinyoung seem to be trap in his family matter.

“Mark don’t tell us that you are here. If we knew it, maybe we able to visit you early.” Mama Tuan popped the awkward bubbles.

“Brian is the one that taking care of me when I was here.” Jinyoung said.

Papa Tuan still silent in the passenger seat, since he is now understood the situation.

“You look thin since the last time we met.” Mama Tuan pulled Jinyoung hand and patted it.

Jinyoung had a wristband to hide his painful past.

“I need to train day and night, Mama.” Jinyoung cutely whined.

“You are going to be successful.” Mama pinched Jinyoung’s no longer chubby cheeks.

They stopped at the hotel and do the checked-in for the couple. Mark promised that they are going to have dinner together.

“You can rest and fresh up in my room.” Mark said after send his parent to their room.

Jinyoung hesitate but he don’t want to be nervous around Mark.

“Okay.” Jinyoung smiled.

Jinyoung phone rang and Mark saw the smile placed on Jinyoung’s plump lips.

“Babe, you are enjoying yourself too much.” Jinyoung said right away when he picked up.

“I’m going to have a dinner with Mark’s parent. See you tomorrow. Send my regard to Jae.” Jinyoung followed Mark when the lift stopped.

They entered the room and Mark gave the towel, pyjamas for Jinyoung to take a bath.

“I don’t have any clothes can I borrow yours?” Jinyoung asked.

“Of course, Nyoung.” Mark called the nickname he used to call Jinyoung.

 “You are planning to back home, I guess.” Jinyoung said when Mark opened his luggage.

“Yes but thing change.” Mark gave his shirt and jeans.

Mark laid on his bed when Jinyoung took a bath. Jinyoung finish took a shower and he saw Mark sleeping figures on the bed, sweet and sound. Jinyoung changed and dropped his tired body next to Mark.

 

When Mark opened his eyes, he saw Jinyoung face right next to him. Jinyoung was comforting his position and Mark cupped him closer to himself. How much he wish this his daily routine after tired from working. Slowly, Mark tugged the duvet up to cover him and Jinyoung. Mark remain stared at Jinyoung for good few minutes before leaving the bed to take a bath.

“Nyoung, wake up.” Mark said after showered.

Mark knew Jinyoung is hard to wake up.

“5 minutes.” Jinyoung muttered and snuggled down under the duvet.

Mark tickles Jinyoung likes old days and the younger was begging to stop but Mark love Jinyoung suffered.

“Hyung…” Jinyoung fell down and Mark was topping him.

‘Beautiful’. Mark quickly back to his sane because he probably did something he regret if he stay in that position. Jinyoung coughed.

“I’m finally wake up, thank you!” Jinyoung pouted.

Mark laughed but could not hide his awkwardness.

 

Jinyoung was leaving alone with Papa Tuan when Mark leaving to take a car and his mother when to ladies. Jinyoung understood Papa coldness over him. He tried to make a plain conversation but Papa only replied what he need and not even looking at Jinyoung.

“Papa, if you feel awkward about having the dinner with me, I can go back.” Jinyoung cleared thing up.

“You and Mark…”Papa Tuan stopped.

“Nothing. We had nothing.” Jinyoung smiled with confident.

Papa Tuan looked at Jinyoung, he hugged Jinyoung before Mark’s car come in front of them.

“I trust you.” Papa Tuan muttered and Jinyoung took a deep breathed.

Mark who saw the scene from inside the car worried if his father was hurting Jinyoung. Papa Tuan back to his real self during the dinner, which surprised Mark and Mama Tuan. He was accepting Jinyoung likes before once again. Mark was sending Jinyoung home after his parent.

“What are you talking with Papa before I picked you up?” Mark asked.

“Nothing. It man secret.” Jinyoung giggled.

“Nyoung…” Mark grabbed Jinyoung hand.

“Be a good son Mark. You are his hope.” Jinyoung pulled his hand from Mark gripped.

Jinyoung left inside his apartment. Mark need to clear everything with his parent. He need to accept whatever decision his father made. Right now, he want to grab a chance to love Jinyoung even though Jinyoung’s heart is belong to someone else.