LIE

Dare To Love You

Jinyoung was carrying his luggage and Jaebum was next to him. Jackson who felt the awkward air between Mark and Jinyoung quickly helps Jinyoung with his luggage while Mark helps Jaebum. Mark still able to see the dark spot under Jinyoung eyes when the younger pass by him. Jaebum is driving the car while Jackson on the passenger seat, Mark and Jinyoung stuck in the middle because the maknae said they are going to party on the back seat. Jinyoung was sleeping and Mark saw how his head was hitting the window so, he put Jinyoung head on his shoulders. 


“Jackson, take my pillow and give it to Jinyoung.” Jaebum don’t want Mark to hurt Jinyoung more than he had.


Mark has taken aback when Jackson gave the neck pillow to him but he took it and wore it around Jinyoung neck.


“Jinyoung hyung look unwell. Is it okay for us to go to beach?” Yugyeom asked Mark.


Mark gulped. He is the reason for Jinyoung looked bad and feeling unwell. Mark did not realised that he was staring at Jinyoung too long to Jackson likes.


“He want to spend time with everyone before he is going to start his training to debut this Monday.” Jackson answered because Mark surely don’t know and don’t care about Jinyoung.


“This Monday, so he will stay in another place after this.” Youngjae knew being a trainee meant that Jinyoung will stay outside college dorm.


“Another place?” Mark frowned.


“He want to tell you about it yesterday.” Jaebum said from the front and Mark knew why he did not know about it.


They stopped at the rest area and Jinyoung who was having a little flu rest on the seat. Mark ordered finish first so he head up to the table where Jinyoung was sitting. Jinyoung had his arms on the table and his head on the top of his arms with eyes closed. Mark put his palms on Jinyoung forehead and he felt his own, Mark went to convenience store and buy medicine for Jinyoung.


“Jinyoung, please open your eyes. I’ve bought medicine for you. Eat my food first then you can take the medicine.” Mark said while squatted down beside Jinyoung.


Jinyoung opened his eyes and their eyes met for the first time today. Mark hand touched the younger cheeks.  Jinyoung lets Mark caress him and he wished the time stopped so he could be greed a little.


“Why? Why you don’t love me?” Jinyoung tears fell and Mark startled, he quickly withdraw his hand.
Mark coughed and put the medicine on the table. Mark thanks Jaebum for coming with Jinyoung food at a good time.


“Did you bought the medicine, Mark hyung?” Jaebum looked at Mark and his hand was holding the medicine beside Jinyoung.


“Hmmm.” Mark hum while took a seat in front of Jinyoung and Jaebum smiled.


“I know you still care about him.” Jaebum muttered not to let Jinyoung heard.


Jinyoung busy himself with the food, not to let Mark being awkward and Jaebum to see the traced of tears on his cheeks.


The ride to the pension near the beach side took another 30 minutes where Jinyoung asked Jackson to change seat with him before the ride. Jackson could only agree after Jinyoung look so sick even after took a medicine. Jaebum wanted to carried Jinyoung to the pension but he need to deal with the pension owner about the rental payment. Mark come out from the house after carried the luggage and he saw Jinyoung was sleeping in the passenger seat. Therefore, Mark unbuckled his seatbelt and carried him inside. Bambam open the door to the bedroom for Jinyoung to sleep comfortably inside.


“I’ll stay in this room.” Yugyeom said and Mark looked at him.


“Tell me if you need anything. I’ll take room next door.” Mark went out after pulled the duvet up to Jinyoung torso.


Jackson who was coming down from downstairs saw Mark came out from the room and heading to the next-door room.


“You supposed to be the one who take good care of him.” Jackson said leaning on Mark’s doorframe.
Mark turned and frowned at Jackson.


“You know that I won’t do that anymore.” Mark knew it just his ego that he won’t take good care of Jinyoung, not now.


“Okay, if that made you feel not guilty.” Jackson sarcastically commenting and left the room. 

 

 


Jinyoung felt better after slept, and then he looked at Yugyeom who was sleeping on the other bed. Jinyoung slowly pushed the duvet down and went to ruffle Yugyeom’s hair. Jinyoung took a bath and smiled remembering the very first day he met with everyone. Jinyoung always glad that everyone by his side before he challenge a new life. Suddenly he felt guilty for did not tell everyone that he would extend his study and focus on his trainee for debut. It Mark and Jaebum last year in the university, Jaebum had told him that he would start working under his father company, while Mark said nothing about his plan after graduate. Jinyoung wore a short pant and white T, before heading out to the beach where he saw Jackson and Bambam was playing in the sea, throwing each other in the water.


“Hyung!!!” Bambam laughed and ran toward him.
Jinyoung had expected the hugged from the younger so he laughed together.

Jaebum and Youngjae was cutting the watermelon under the umbrellas, they shouted at Bambam to let Jinyoung off because Jinyoung probably still had a fever.


“I’m okay.” Jinyoung cupped Bambam’s face.
Jinyoung joined Jaebum and Youngjae under the umbrellas.


“So, how are you doing in and out?” Jaebum asked while giving a piece of watermelon to his roommate.


“Feeling better. You know being in this beautiful place gave you a peace.” Jinyoung opened the folded chair.


“I’ve told the other about you and Mark so they won’t feel bad later especially you mustard hair son. He seem surprised when I told him but he still on right beside you.


“Hyung, no matter what happened between you and Mark hyung, I hope you still able to stay as our friend.” Youngjae held Jinyoung hand.


“Talked about Mark, where he is going with our car?” Jaebum suddenly sighed.


Jinyoung looked poked Jaebum cheeks.


“He probably back late at night. You don’t have to worry.” Jinyoung knew better the way Mark cleared his mind.


“Jinyoung-hyung, is the best when it’s come to take good care of waste Mark hyung.” Youngjae laughed.


“I am but I hope he called someone else tonight.” Jinyoung stood up and joined the couple 
Jaebum and Youngjae never ask Jinyoung whenever he picked up Mark from club, and they always end up sleep out from dorm.

 

 


Mark was driving around the town and he stopped at the street vendor shop because he really need a drink. He looked at Jinyoung’s photos in his phone and touched his heart, it hurt to play as if nothing when he knew he had something for the younger. Mark transfer to Korea because he was running from his own feeling. He is the only son to his parent and he could not afford to hurt them again after he made a promise to be a good son. 


“I’m sorry, Jinyoung-ah. I know that I’m hurting you.” Mark touched the screen as if he was caressing the younger face.


Mark continued to drink and he black out after his four bottles. The owner called his number one quick dial and later, Jinyoung was picking from the other line. As before, he went to pick Mark.


“A liar.” Jinyoung pulled Mark up and put his hand on his shoulders.


Jinyoung took the car key and opened the window. Mark opened his eyes and stopped Jinyoung from driving the car.


“Why you always made my heartbeat so fast? It hurt so much Jinyoung-ah, can we just be friend. I love you, yes, I do but not as what you want. ” Mark teary up.


Jinyoung knew this would come up after Mark drunk himself. Jinyoung drove to their penthouse and for the first time, his friends saw Mark confessed his love to Jinyoung while Jinyoung put him in his room. Jackson and JB could tell how Mark is different while he drunk.


“Stay with me, please.” Mark grabbed Jinyoung wrist seem to not to see how his friends shocked at his action.


“Let me go!” Jinyoung pulled away.


“I love you but please stay only as my friend, Jinyoung-ah.” Mark begged but Jinyoung is too broken.


“I’m sorry but from now on. I’m not going to be your friend with benefit anymore.” Jinyoung walked to his room and Jaebum followed him.


Jinyoung sat near the wall, he heard the click and he knew Jaebum probably the one who do it.


“Are you crazy? Is that your only solution to get his heart?” Jaebum referred to Jinyoung deal with Mark which he thoughts so dirty.


Jinyoung pulled his knee up. At that time, Mark was fighting with his parent and he really need someone to push away the fought from his mind. Jinyoung let Mark to take him and promised to always be there when he need. 


“He don’t even remember what he did. Let’s it be that way, Jaebum-ah.” Jinyoung plead and Jaebum sighed.


“Are you really okay with how things going between the two of you?” Jaebum asked.


Jinyoung nodded, for now he won’t tell Mark what they did when he drunk.

 


The next morning as everyone expected, Mark acted likes nothing happened. He saw everyone gave him a look but when Jinyoung coughed, everyone tried to back to normal self. Mark only ignored them, Jinyoung gave the bowl of soup for Mark and Jaebum shook his head because right now he was feeling to chop Mark’s head.


“I want to announce something.” Jinyoung said when he took his seat.


Everyone looked at him with anticipation.


“I’m going to extend my study and focus on my debut training. So, I won’t be around our college anymore.” Jinyoung knew everyone would hate him for telling them the news so late.


Jaebum was holding his anger but he is the one who knew the best how much Jinyoung wanted to debut as an idol.


“I know it so sudden to say this to all of you but I’m your selfish friend who really want to realise my dream.” Jinyoung saw everyone gave him a glanced.


“I understand you very well.” Jackson knew after Jinyoung parent knew about his uality Jinyoung was living by his own and thanks to his scholarship that he able to stay in college.


“It’s okay hyung, if you free you can call us.” Yugyeom smiled at Jinyoung because Jinyoung will definitely has his own reason to choose his debut.


“Great, you are sure not able to come to my graduation, right?” Mark word is harsh but they knew Mark was hiding behind his word by now.


“He still need to come to mine.” Jaebum gave Mark a glared and smirked.


Jinyoung sighed because Mark yet to open up to him.


“Where are you going to live after this hyung?” Bambam asked ignoring the intense stare battle between Jaebum and Mark.


“The company will send us to NY for dance lesson for 6 months. I'm sorry Jaebum hyung that i might not able to come to your graduation day” Jinyoung looked at Jaebum who seem hurt by his word.


“So, it's not just somewhere in Seoul but NY. That is why you are so into this gathering.” Jaebum put his cutlery and Youngjae held his hand to give him strength.


“Just go. You have decided to distance yourself from the beginning.” Jaebum stood up and left the table. Jaebum locked the door to his room. He was holding his anger when Jinyoung told him about extension of his study but this is too much for him. Jinyoung likes his little brother but now he felt betrays.

 

 

The others who had left dumbfounded in the kitchen looked at Jackson to clear up the situation ehile Mark still play with his rice. Jackson clear his throat to get everyone attention. Jinyoung gave a bitter smiled to everyone after he looked up to meet everyone eyes. Jackson held Jinyoung hand and cared his back palms with his thumbs.


“Don't throw us away once you becomes someone.” Jackson said and Jinyoung nodded.


“All of you is my strength and my world.” Jinyoung teary up. The younger of the group quickly hugged him.

That what Jinyoung promised but none of them able to give their time to each other after the trips. Jaebum and Mark was studying for their final, Jackson on the other hand busy with his competition and the three younger boys definitely not the one Jinyoung had contacted to share his miserable training life in foreign country. Jinyoung stopped contacting everyone after 3 months none of them care to listen to his stories. That how their friendship cut off, no one know what Jinyoung was doing until Jaebum and Mark graduation days. Jaebum suddenly wanted to share his happiness with surprised phone call to Jinyoung but only being answered by an operator.