Taeyeon's Dream

50/50

A week has passed and I spent time with Taeyeon as my last patient. We shared a lot of stories.

I told her that I moved from America to work here in Korea. I told her my hobbies. My childhood and more.

I didnt asked about her childhood, I will just wait for it to come from herself. I have no idea if it was a good or bad childhood. If it's bad, then asking her about it might be the biggest mistake ever. So its better to just wait for it to naturally come out.

She told me she had a dog, but it died. She told me it hurts a lot, like you actually lost a friend.
I knew her favorite color. Her music taste.

She told me that her parents are in Incheon and she moved to Seoul to work. But currently, she is still not working. Meaning, she's living alone. I asked her if she feels lonely at times, she said no, since Sunny visits her sometimes.

I wonder, what information about her am I gonna get today? Why does she make me want to know her more?

~~


She sits there, at my brown office sofa, looking around like it's her first time coming to this place.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "You look like a lost kid."

"Just scanning" she said, still looking around "I never had a chance to actually observe your room."
Something has caught her attention that made her stop looking around. I looked at where she's looking..

There's this dookong toy on my office table next to the sofa, it's a small green pouch that has three small green peas inside. It's a cute toy.

She grabs it and opens the zipper, revealing the peas "this is cute" she said. No, you're cuter.

"Do you want it?" I asked. It was just sitting there, doing nothing. I even forget it's existence sometimes.

"Really?" She looks at me, eyes twinkling like a kid that got a lollipop

"Yes, really." I smiled, she smiled back. The cute smile that reveals her small chin dimple. Adorable.

"I'll take good care of this" she said, holding it tight "so..what's your dream?"

"Why the sudden question? I should be the one asking you questions."

"I'm just starting the session." She answered seriously "and could you please stop with the 'I should be the one-' 'I'm the doctor-', I dont care." She paused to look at me "I want to know you too." I silenty blushed. She's making my heart flutter. Again.

"Okay, I'm sorry" I cleared my throat "My dream is to have my own office. I dont want to have an office on this building. I want to have my own, somewhere." I claimed. It's true. I want to have my own office in town, not on a building with other offices.

"What are you supposed to be if you are not a therapist now?"

"I.." I paused for a moment, thinking. I havent thought about that. "dont..know. I havent imagine anything besides being a therapist."

"Then I should be thankful that you've became one. If not, I will not know you" she confessed. Again. Again. Again.

"Cheeky." I joked, hiding my blushing, heating face. "How about you? What's your dream?"

"I want to be an artist." She said with a wide grin.

"You have interest in art?"

"Yup. It's my hobby. I like painting at my free time. I like coloring. I like sketching and more stuff like that. It's relaxing. It makes me Taeyeon" she joked. She said 'Taeyeon' because it means 'calm' in Korean. You are so bad with puns

"I would like to see your drawings" I said. This person is interesting. If you think about it, she seems fine. But she is depressed. She's going through something/s. But it seems like she's living a normal happy life.

"They're at home. I could take you there" my heart suddenly started to race, but not in a fluttery way, but an embarrased way. Me and Taeyeon? At her house? Us alone? What could possibly happen? "Come on!" I didnt have a chance to speak when she started to pull me to her car, and drove us on her home.

~


Her house is small, but not really small. Just the right size for a person that lives alone. It's clean. White walls, white sofa, and on the corner, I can see her art materials. Her paint brushes, paints and canvas.

Once I settled down on her sofa, she handed me her drawing book. I opened it and saw various sketches; from dresses, to plants, to trees, to skies, to waters and more. It has no color in it, but it speaks a lot. She handed me another one, it has a lot of colors. From sunsets, gardens, houses and more.

"You have great talent. Why dont you become an artist?"

"People nowadays don't appreciate art. They dont pay attention to the message that it gives. They just look at it and think 'oh, its just of brush. Its messy. What's beautiful about this?'" she claimed. It's true. Only the people that has interest in art are the one that really cares.

"Can you draw me?" I suddenly asked. I want to make her feel important. I want to make her feel that someone will actually appreciate her work. She looks back at me with a very very happy expression. Different from what I've seen before from her.

"Really?" She asked, still looking all excited and pumped up. I nodded. She stood up, and hurriedly went to the corner where her materials are, and sat in front of me again.

Staring at me. Her beautiful round eyes examining my face. I can see the galaxy in her eyes. I feel lost, but her eyes has captured me.

"I dont want to draw you" she said, I pouted then she smiled again "I want to draw your eyes.." she said while looking directly at me, making my heart beat faster, wilder. "Beautiful, breath-taking eyes." She added. Then looked down on my lips. "Or your lips" I cant help but look at hers too. Small, pink-ish, looking so soft and sweet. "Your beautiful, just beautiful red lips" that I want to lock with yours. I added in my mind. Control yourself, Tiffany! "I cant believe I have power to control myself not to kiss that beautiful lips." She touched the tip of my lips with her thumb, still looking at it. Kim ing Taeyeon, do you know what you're doing to me? I cant even breathe properly because of you.

When she realized what she've said, her eyes widened and retreated her hand back "I-I'm sorry" she said, stuttering "that wasnt supposed to leave this mouth" she whispered. she's blushing she's blushing. So adorable.

"Its alright" I said with a smile, hiding all the fluttering feelings "draw me like one of your french girls."

She laughed, noticing the familiar line from the movie Titanic. "you're my american girl" she said. Making my heart want to explode.

I dont know what she's drawing. She didnt tell me if she's drawing my eyes or lips or me myself. She said its a surpise.

I saw her smile proudly, she must've finished her work. "Beautiful" she commented. She flipped her sketchbook to show me the finished product.

It's my eyes. Did my eyes look like this? Is it this beautiful? Or did she just drawn it beautifully? "Unbelievable" that's the only word that escaped my mouth

"You like it?"

"I LOVE it, Taetae. Gosh this is amazing!" I said, not noticing that I called her by her nickname.

"But!! You cant keep it" she suddenly said, hiding the drawing from my sight.

"Why not?"

"Just take a picture of it" she looked at her work once again "I want to keep it. So I get to see your beautiful eyes even if we're not together"

This kid. Really knows how to make me feel overwhelmed.