Taeyeon

50/50

Taeyeon did got out of the hospital the next day, and I did visited her once she got out. I helped her at home and she even asked me to stay some nights, but still, I have to go on the morning since I'm still a therapist.

Days pass and Taeyeon felt better and better. We started to have our usual appointment on my office. There are times when she jokes a lot, flirts a lot, or she is just sad. Mood Taeyeon.

She told me this story where she found out that her mother was cheating. She doesn't stay at her parent's house, but there are times when she visits them, since she also misses her brother and little sister. About her mom, she did found out that her mom cheated. There is this one time where her mom is cooking their dinner and she left her phone unlocked on the livingroom table, unfortunately, Taeyeon was watching tv that time. Taeyeon said that she suddenly felt curious, so she took a quick peek on her mother's phone. And to her surprise, it was another guy. Her vision went black when she saw their conversation where they say "I love you" to each other. Taeyeon decided to keep quiet. She decided to act as if she knows nothing.

"I don't want to visit them anymore" she said while she runs her hand on my fluffly couch pillow. "It just...feel so wrong" she added and sighed.

I frowned. "Maybe there is a reason why she cheated"

"Whatever reason it may be, it's ing unacceptable" she said, her voice cracked. "Cheating is never okay" she added. I couldn't disagree to that. She did told me that everything is fine on theire home. Her parents seems to be perfectly fine. She was just shocked that she found out about her mom cheating.

"Maybe it is best to distance yourself from your mother...for now" I said, there is nothing else that she can do. She said that she's too afraid to tell her mom or her dad or even her siblings about what she've found out. She doesn't want any mess. He is also afraid to find out the truth, that her mother has another man.

She kept quiet for a while, and I just let the silence fill my office. A few moments later, she excused herself to leave, she told me that she wants to rest at home. I let her be. Taeyeon seems...off...like she's not the usual Taeyeon. I mean she does act like this normally, like she's not in the mood for anything. But I noticed some slight changes on her mood after she got admitted from the hospital. That's why I'm trying my best to find out what is wrong with her.

Days passed and I had my usual appointment with Taeyeon. She told me that she is not feeling well lately, which explains the changes that I have observed. I told her that it is not necessary to come to my office for a daily session. So I insisted her to rest even for a few days and even suggested her to come to my office and have a session every Thursday and Thursday; or Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays /or not on Fridays. She chose the MWF schedule, she told me that two days rest for her is enough and she also added that she wants to be with me.

So I let her be.

Our daily sessions moved to Monday, Wednesday and Friday sessions at the usual time, as my last session. We held our usual sessions, she told me about her problems, and I gave some advice. She told me about the friends that she misses and how she wants to contact then but she felt like she annoys them so she don't contact them. She told me about her new silver poodle that she bought, Zero, to accompany her other pup, Ginger, at home. She told me how cute and small Zero is, how he looks like and how different his eyes looks like because has this white halo-like surrounding it's eyes. She even showed me a picture of her new puppy and told me that she wants me to meet Zero in person.

We sometimes end the day together, like getting coffee before going home, eating dinner together, or just having a quick walk on the park or nearby the Han River. She told me that she doesn't usually get out of her home, but it has changed when she met me.

I'm confused with what we have right now. I want to ask her "what are we?",  but I'm too shy. I think it is better to keep things this way because I'm afraid to ruin everything. I like how we are right now. How our doctor-patient relationship changes once we step out of my office. I love how she asks me for a food to order. I love how she lends me her jacket when I'm feeling cold. I love how she cares for me.

But things aren't always that perfect.

The moment that you feel that everything is going the way you want it to be is not actually that way.

There are times when Taeyeon goes to my office looking so pale. I noticed some changes on her physical appearance. She got skinny. Her hands are not as chubby as before. Her face is getting thinner.

When I asked her what's wrong, she insisted.

I told her I'm very worried and she should tell me everything so that I can help.

But when she did, I felt my heart broke. My world shattered. My vision got blurry. I can't breathe.

She has cancer.