Sunday

50/50

I woke up from my nap, checked my phone to know the time. 4:27pm.. Hmm..27.. Ah yes, I need to text her to remind her about my vacant time to schedule her an appointment. I went through my stuff, and got my notebook. When I opened it, I saw the petal that she gave me from yesterday, which made me smile automatically. You have a soft heart. I cant imagine that you're depressed, had a lot going on. But when I look at you, you seem like a different person. You're so fine, Kim Taeyeon.

I typed her number on my phone to send her a message

[TF>TY]
"Good afternoon, Taeyeon. Are you busy? I just texted to inform you about your appointment tomorrow. I'm available after lunch. I have the whole afternoon on vacant. What time do you prefer? Thanks :)"

- (doctor) Tiffany x" and pressed send. I just realized that I put "x" after my name again. It's a habit of mine. But who cares? We're friends anyway. Right?

It didn't took long for me to receive a reply

[TY>TF]
"Oh hello Tiffany ^^ After lunch it is then. I told you, I dont want to make you wait ^^ I am not busy. In fact, I'm bored. Are you busy?" Why did she ask me if I'm busy?

[TF>TY]
"No, I'm not. Why?"

[TY>TF]
"I'm in the mood for ice cream~ wanna get some? If it's okay for you.."

Ice cream? Hmm, sounds good.
[TF>TY]
"That would be great. What time shall we meet? And where?...doctor Taeyeon kkk"

It actually feels like I'm booking a schedule for an appointment, and Taeyeon is my doctor. Hahaha, the tables have turned.

[TY>TF]
"I told you not to call me that T_T
Hmm. Meet me outside the *** mall at 6."

[TF>TY]
"What should I call you then? Kkk
Okay, I'll see you later ^^"

[TY>TF]
"We'll discuss that later ;)
See you later Fany ^^"

So she had a nickname for me now? This kid...
I placed my phone on the table beside my bed, not even bothering to reply. I flopped my self on my bed. Messed my hair and stared at the ceiling. Great. You are now going out with your patient. Not actually going out, but hanging out. It will then result to an attachment, to... I shook of my thoughts. No. No chance of liking her. I am a girl. Straight.

I closed my eyes, and took another nap.

****


I glanced at my wristwatch, 6:00pm.
Where is she? It's getting crowded. She should've just made me wait inside, instead of outside.

Just then, a car pulled up in front of me. , who is this? Am I gonna get kidnapped? No way please I'm–

The car window rolled down and a girl greeted me from the inside "hey" I looked at her. Confused. "Hop in" she said.
I went inside the car without thinking twice. What exactly is happening to me?

"Are you okay?" She asked. Woah, she IS my doctor on weekends.
"Y-yeah." I answered "I thought I was gonna get kidnapped"

She laughed. Being kidnapped is possible and she just laughing at me? What if it's not her? What if I really got kidnapped? What if–

"You should be thankful that it's me who kidnapped you, not anyone else" she said suddenly. I looked away, hiding my pink face.
"Where are we going?" I asked. "I thought we're gonna go inside the mall"

"The ice cream store there ." She replied "that's why I kidnapped you" she's taking me to an ice cream parlor?

***


The drive didn't take too long. She pulled up in front of an ice cream parlor on a hidden place, which is I am not familiar with. I barely go outside. Especially on my day off. I usually go to my favorite bagel place, everything seems so new for me.

*Clink clink* the sound of the bell was heard when she opened the door. The interior of the place surprised me. The colors are all in pastel, cold for the eyes. The designs, stripes, dots, simple. The place is not that crowded since this place is hidden. The tables and chairs looks so cute. Everything in this shop is so cute. I could stay here forever.

She took me to the counter and made me pick on the various flavors of ice cream. Wow. Mint, bubblegum, redvelvet, strawberry, and a lot more to mention. I had a hard time picking because there's a lot of choices. If only I can order everything at once, then I would

"Oh hello there Taeyeon." The lady in the counter said "oh, and what a lovely lady you have here. Who is this beautiful young lady?" She asked, I blushed from the compliment

"Tiffany, a friend of mine" Taeyeon answered. The lady in the counter smiled at me, and I smiled back. She seems nice. I could get used to this.

"What can I get you for today, young ladies?"

"I suggest you try redvelvet." She pointed on the glass window "it's my favorite" I nodded. I trust her with her choice. She said it's her favorite. It must be good.

"Two redvelvet please. And my usual toppings." The lady in the counter nodded and proceeded on preparing the ice cream. Judging by the way they talk, and her 'usual' toppings, Taeyeon must be a regular here.

I watch her scoop the ice cream, three scoops to be exact. She puts different kinds of toppings, mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles, rice bits, peanuts and more. She then put a syrup as the final topping, then placed the two cups of ice cream on the counter. "hey" she gestured Taeyeon to come closer "this is on me. For you and your beautiful friend" she whispered, but loud enough for me to hear, and added a wink.

"Thank you so much, ahjumma. Very much appreciated" she answered

I bowed to the lady in the counter "thank you for the compliments. I promise to come here more often" I smiled

"I would love to see your beautiful face often, Tiffany" she smiled back.

***


"Mmm." I mumbled when I put a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth "this is soooo good" I said in english. Seriously, it taste so freaking good. It smells good too.

"Told you so" she said before eating too
"Are you a regular of this place?"
She nodded cutely. Why do you have to be so cute?
"This is ice cream heaven" I said. She smiled. Please. Stop. "Thank you for bringing me here"

"My pleasure, my beloved patient." She joked. Which made me remember..
"Anyways, what should I call you by the way?" I asked

"Call me anything you want, be comfortable" she said. Immitating me on our first meeting

"Is Taetae okay?" I said. Where the hell did that came from?

"Taetae it is then" she smiled before scooping on her ice cream.

Like I've said before. She looks different when we're outside. So innocent. So pure.

"Wanna have lunch tomorrow together?" She suddenly said. I freezed for a moment. "Oops, sorry. I kept on surprising you with my sudden offers. I'm sorry–"

"Sure, I'd love to." I said, earning that cute smile of hers. If I had a dollar on each time she smiles, I would probably be the richest person by now.

***


It took us a while on the parlor. We talked about a lot of stuff. About me, about her. We have a lot of similarities, and differences of course. It seems like...we click together. Wait. What am I saying?

We bid our goodbyes to the lady on the counter, who doesnt stop on complimenting me. And when we're on the car, we're debating if she's gonna drive me home or just drop me on the nearest bus stop. My powers cant win over Taeyeon, so in the end, she wins.

She drops me at the front of my condominium. Yes, I have a condo.

"Thank you for coming with me, Fany-ah" she said. She had that cute nickname for me now.

"Thank you too, Taetae" I smiled, she smiled back. "I'll see you tomorrow lunch"

"See you" she answered, then I got off the car. Waved to her, and watch her drive away.

I flopped my body on my bed again. I stayed like that for about 30 minutes or so, then my phone suddenly vibrated.

Oh, it's a text from Taeyeon
[TY>TF]
"Thanks again for tonight, Fany-ah! I'll see you tomorrow. ^^ have a good night sleep~ zzz"

I pressed back. Decided to text my bestfriend.
[TF>JS]
"JESS! I have a problem"