Why are you like this?

50/50

I stayed at the hospital for a while and waited for Sunny to come back, so that Taeyeon wont be left alone in her room. I also asked her about her condition, and how she got it.

The doctor told her that it was inherited from her family. They said that this condition can be easily inherited from a sibling, and Taeyeon admitted that her brother died because of kidney cancer. The doctors didn't get a chance to save him that day because they are to afraid too touch the infected kidney, afraid to fail which might cause death. So they did nothing. They tried to let her brother get chemo but it never worked, not a single bit.

Taeyeon never mentioned about her brother during our sessions. She only talks to me about her sister and her father. She has no problems with her little sister, she only brings her up because she tells me how good her little sister is at school and at home. She often talks about her father whom she grew distant with as she grow up. It hurts her, so I didn't really asked more about it. I just let her talk about it whenever she wants to.

Her father is a very sensitive topic, that's why I don't ask her about that too often. Her brother must have made a huge impact on her, maybe that's why she never mentioned it to me before. When she was telling me about him earlier, she looked so broken. She is trying so hard not to cry, and I feel so sad seeing her like that.

Sunny came back an hour later, she apologized for coming too late because she said she went to a laundry shop for Taeyeon's clothes. I said that there is no problem with that. Then I excused my self because I still have an appointment tomorrow morning, I told Sunny to call me whenever there is an emergency or if they need something.

***

 

"There was this door, I opened it and I was welcomed with a stairway leading downstairs to who knows where" Amber, my patient for this morning, said about her nightmares.

 

"On your dream...have you tried to go down?" I asked, Amber nodded.

 

"It's so dark. I had a flashlight , and when I turned it on..." she said before pausing for a while and gulped hard. She took a pillow to her chest and hugged it tightly, feeling scared. "She's scary, doc. So ing scary" she added.

 

Amber is a new patient of mine. She texted me last night and said that she wants to book an appointment, and she said that she was suggested by a friend. I didn't ask who, people probably saw some of my signs on the different parts of the city.

 

I handed her a glass of cold water to help her calm down. She gladly took the glass and thanked me after drinking and placed the glass on my office coffee table. "And she has been appearing on your dreams nowadays?" I asked, she nodded slowly. She is shaking, I pity her so much. She's so scared about her dream, and it's giving her a hard time sleeping. "Do you have work?" I asked, she nodded.

 

"I teach a dance class from morning 'til night non-stop. My students keeps on coming and coming, I just couldn't turn them down" she said. I observed her body, she indeed has this beautiful body features for a dancer. She's perfectly fit, from head to toe. No joke with that. I had this strange feeling of wanting to see her dance, but now is not the right time.

 

"You are overworking yourself. I know that you're passionate with your dancing, but you should not overwork yourself" I said and placed a hand over to her shoulder. She looked down and fiddled with her black and gold wrist watch. "Stress and tiredness might cause nightmares. Those two can also cause a lot of health issues, that's why you better be thankful that you only have nightmares" I added, I saw her nod but she is still fiddling with her watch. "Look, I'm not saying that you should stop dancing. Just give a little time fore yourself to rest. An hour or two. You can assign your students on different time slots, so that you won't be over packed with schedules" I suggested. She looked at me with a faint smile.

 

"I just started this job so I didn't have any idea on how to handle it" she confessed and she tried to hide her blushing face, which is cute.

 

"That explains it" I said, we both chuckled.

 

"You helped a lot, doc. Thank you. I'll follow your advice" she said before grabbing my hands and bowed her head a little, such good manners.

 

"Good" I said and smiled, she smiled back. "good luck with your teaching" I added as she stood up before excusing her to leave.

 

I sat back on my office chair and took a bite on my favorite croissant. Then I grabbed my phone after wiping my hand on my pants and saw a lot of text messages from Sunny just a few minutes ago.


[SN>TF]
"Tiffany-ssi"

[SN>TF]
"Are you busy?"

[SN>TF]
"Please come here, pronto"

[SN>TF]
"I need you, Taeyeon suddenly had an episode"

[SN>TF]
"Taeyeon needs you."

And with that, I rushed to the hopital immediately.

 

***


"What happened?" I said after I crashed the hospital room open and saw Taeyeon standing, the serum still injected on her hand. Sunny is standing on the corner with her phone on her hand, she was probably sending me a lot of text messages but I was unable to read it because my phone is in my bag. "Taeyeon, why are you standing? Sit down" I said as I pushed her gently on her bed. She was breathing heavily and she was slightly shaking, I also noticed that her fists are clenched tightly. "What happened?" I asked again.

The room was a complete mess; her pillows everywhere, chairs turned upside down, the table is not on its proper place, and there are fruits on the floor.

"Calm down, Tae" I whispered softly to her ear as I hugged her gently, moving my hand up and down her back. Her breathing got steady a few moments later and she wasn't shaking anymore. I heard her sigh deeply so I helped her on laying down after picking up the pillows on the floor. "Can I talk to Sunny?" I asked, she nodded.

I then walked towards Sunny who is now sitting on the couch with a throw pillow on her lap, she looks horrified.

"What happened?" I asked Sunny this time, she sighed before answering.

"Her parents came" Sunny said and looked over at the fruits on the floor "They brought those fruits. She got mad because I contacted them. I didn't know that she didn't want to see them"

"Did you ask for permission before contacting them?" I asked, Sunny lowered her head. I patted her shoulder for comfort. "Don't overthink, it's not your fault, okay?"

Sunny sighed again, her shoulders felt heavier. "I didn't know that she was mad at them, she just randomly shouted at them when they came. When they told me that I called them over, it's my turn to be shouted at" she explained, I listen carefully "She got so angry, she shouted at her mom for cheating. Everything went out, she exploded like a bomb. A bomb that I activated, and I hate myself for it" she added. I sigh this time, so I pulled her into a hug.

 

"Stop blaming yourself Sunny" I whispered. I heard her sniff, she was crying. I pulled away from the hug and looked at her. "Stop crying" I said as I wipe her tears. "Can I talk to Taeyeon now? I'll try to fix this for you, okay?" I said, Sunny nodded.

 

I stood up and sat next to Taeyeon on her bed who is staring blankly at nowhere.

 

"Tae?" I said.

 

No answer.

 

"Tae?" I said again.

 

Still no answer.

 

I sighed and held her hand. "Taeyeon-ah" I said this time, her hand suddenly felt soft. She finally looked at me. "Don't be mad at Sunny, please?" I said. She didn't answer "She didn't do anything wrong, she just–"

 

"She just what? She just ruin my life which is already ruined?" she said loudly, I looked over at Sunny who is watching us. She stood up and ran outside the room. It's okay, she doesn't have to hear any of this anyway.

 

"She's trying to help you"

 

"By what? By bringing a cheater right infront of me who tried to deny everything?" she said, referring to her mom probably. I sighed heavily this time.

 

"Tae, please calm down" I told her before squeezing her hand, but I was shocked when she retreated her hand back.

 

"Stop telling me to calm down, you don't know everything"

 

"I do–"

 

"NO YOU DON'T" she shouted. I stood up, feeling scared from the sudden outburst. This is not Taeyeon. "YOU ARE JUST A USELESS PERSON WHO STAYS INTO A ING STUPID OFFICE THAT TALKS TO RANDOM PEOPLE ABOUT THEIR PROBLEMS AND GIVES ADVICES THAT DOESN'T HELP A SINGLE BIT" she shouted, now I'm feeling hurt.

 

This is not Taeyeon.

 

"You're telling me I'm useless?" I asked. My voice broke as I walked backwards slowly while trying my best to hold back my tears. "And my advices does nothing?" I added

 

"I–"

 

She was trying to say something but I cut her words. "Why are you like this, Taeyeon?"

 

"I don't want to continue the operation" she said, my eyes widened. My heart is pounding so hard right now.

 

What is happening?

 

"What are you saying?" I asked.

 

"I don't want to live anymore"