Unfortunate Events

50/50

"I'm in the mood for ice cream" she said after I took a picture of her work. We are still in her house.

I stood up, and without thinking, I pulled her arm to get out. She didnt drive us to the store. We only walked to it since its just a walking distance from her home.

While we were walking and chatting, she suddenly stopped, which makes me stop too. Her face turned into a serious one. Serious, cold and angry one.

I looked at where she was looking. A girl, maybe the same age as us, is looking at her, shocked. Her arms linked with this tall guy, her boyfriend maybe.

"Juniel?" Taeyeon suddenly said.

"T-Taeyeon.." the girl said

"Who's this? A friend of yours?" The tall guy said putting his arms on the girls shoulder. To my surprise, the girl did not answer. Her eyes looking at me, worried, scared. Her eyes shouting help.

"She's my ex" Taeyeon answered coldly. Ah, now I understand. I understand everything. But why does Taeyeon look so mad? Why is the girl so scared?

"Ex? But we've been together for—ufff" he huffed, the girl suddenly slapped his stomach "ow.. hey what was that about?"

"You've been together for??" Taeyeon asked, moving close to the guy. I pulled her closer to me. I dont like where this is going.

"She's my girlfriend for five years" he continued.

And with that, Taeyeon suddenly snapped. She started to push the guy away. She might be small, but she is surprisingly strong. I was shocked when the guy fell on the floor. The girl running towards him, helping him to stand.

Taeyeon suddenly pulled the girl's wrist, tight. It might probably leave a mark. "What does this mean?"

The girl did not answer. Her eyes started to water. She's struggling, trying to escape from Taeyeon's tight grip. "Let go of me!" She shouted

"I wont until you tell me" Taeyeon said firmly, I saw her tightening the grip even more "you've been with him for 5 years?"

I dont know what to do. I'm frozen. My feet glued on the floor. Brain not functioning.

The guy pushed Taeyeon this time, but she luckily bumped to me, not on the floor.

"What is your problem? Who are you to call me ?!" He shouted, the girl standing behind him.

I held Taeyeon's arm. "You cheated on me" she whispered, but loud enough for us to hear. "You ing !" She shouted, her arms found its way to escape my hands, attempting to attack the girl. But I still managed to pull her back.
"And you have no ing idea?!" She shouted to the guy. He did not answer. He shook his head on disappointment.

"Why the hell did you do that!?" She asked the girl, shouting.

"You gave me everything and–"

"You're saying you dated me because of money?"

"But I did loved you! I swear" she is pleading, tears running down her eyes. She did not answer Taeyeon's question. Guilty. Stupid.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and laughed sarcastically. She looks scary, I swear. "no, you did not."

"I did!" The girl is crying hard now. The guy just standing there like a complete idiot. !! Do something!!

"Then why did you lie?" She asked, eyes full of anger. Flames, lightnings, and explosion filled her eyes

The girl did not answer, just cried harder than before.

"BULL!" She shouted "I dont want to see your ing face ever again" and started to walk away.

I walked closer to the couple. My hand seems to have a mind of its own, it was slapped against the cheek of the girl that I dont even know. A loud sound was heard. Her hair covered her face. The guy was about to say something but I stopped him "Don't even think about it"

Then I left. I followed Taeyeon's fast tracks, to wherever she is heading.

~~~


I followed Taeyeon, thankfully, she was heading to her small home. "Taeyeon! Wait!" I shouted while running. Catching my breath. She almost slammed the door to my face, but I pushed it open and entered her house.

I closed the door behind me carefully. She is standing near the window, looking outside. She has something in her hand, a small box.

I stood there and waited for a while. She needs to calm down. Moments later, the threw the small box away, smashing it on the ground. Pictures and colored papers came flying out, scattering all over the living room. I assume that it's a gift from the girl, Juniel.

She looked at me, eyes swollen, but the anger is still visible. Tears of anger.

She throws her lamp on the floor, causing me to sightly jump in surprise. I dont want to stop her. I dont have to stop her. I dont need to stop her. She needs this. I will just let her show her anger until nothing is left.
She then threw her paint materials, breaking some of the glass that has paint. She threw her canvas on the wall, then broke it with her knee like a karate master. Curses can be heard while she was having her episode. She tried to throw everything on her sight. But she did not touch the sketchbook. The sketchbook that has the drawing of my eyes.

After realizing what she've done, she fell on the floor, seated. Crying more and more. Breaking down. It hurts to see her like this, breaking down in front of me.

I think this is the right time to approach her. I carefully walked to her direction and seated beside her. I patted her back. "Calm down" I said. "I'm here"

She raised her head and looked at me. Her eyes directly looking at mine. The anger that was once seen is now gone, all I can see now is sadness. Pain.

I pulled her in for a hug. I should be happy because finally, a hug. But this is so not the right time to be happy.

We stayed like that for a while.

She then pulled away, looking at me again. Not saying anything. Not looking anywhere else but me. My eyes.

"Feeling better?" I know she does not feel better, but since she had her episode and cried her feelings out, she must feel lighter than before now. She nodded.

I picked up one picture on the floor, one of the pictures that flew out of the box earlier. I looked at it. I saw her, this picture was probably taken a year ago. She has longer hair. Smiling with her eyes closed, and the girl, whom I believe is Juniel, is kissing her cheeks. Eyes closed as well.

"Idiot." I said. She did not answer. Still sitting there. I looked at her, holding the photo with my index and thumb on both hands. "Can I?" She nodded. And with that, I teared the picture. I crumpled Juniels face and threw it away. I saw her eyes change. Her sadness disappeared.

I handed her one picture, and nodded once. She then teared the picture as well. After that, she picked up more pictures and colored papers and started to rip them to pieces. I watched her rip one picture after another.

After she finished ripping the last paper, she looked at me again. "Thanks" she finally said after the long dead silence.

I pulled the corner of her lips upward, forcing it to form a smile. "you should say thanks with a smile" I retreated my hands back. Her smile still there.

"Thanks" she said again, smiling this time. I now see happiness in her eyes. I thank the heavens for removing the anger and sadness within her, even if it's just temporary.

I smiled back "that's better"

Seconds later, her smile disappeared again. But she is still looking at me. Her right hand sweeping my hair off my face, and setting it on my left ear, revealing my face clearer. She then touched my jaw, her thumb caressing my lips with her eyes locked on it.

She pulled me closer. I closed my eyes. Feeling nervous and excited at the same time for what's going to happen next.

And with that, her sweet, soft lips was being pressed against mine. Slowly, but surely making my heart beat wilder than the feelings I've ever felt before.

I pulled away and said "I'm here"