Please

50/50

"She has a tumor on her left kidney" Sunny said as we look over at the sleeping patient on the hospital bed.

Sunny contacted me again this morning and told me that Taeyeon was rushed on the hospital by midnight because she was screaming that her sides hurts so much. Thankfully, Sunny decided to sleep over at Taeyeon's place last night. If not, Taeyeon will be screaming and help might come too late.

"I-I don't understand" I stuttered, I still can't believe this. "She got admitted to the hospital when the accident happened, right? Why is this so sudden? Why didn't they see it earlier?"

Sunny got quiet for a short while. She took a quick glance at Taeyeon, who is currently sleeping, before closing her eyes for a few seconds and held my hand before answering. "We did found out about her cancer, but she said not to tell you...yet" she said and squeezed my hand which feels numb in all of a sudden. Shivers ran through my spine and my legs felt weak. I sat down on the black leather couch. Sunny also sat down next to me without letting go of my hand. My breathing got heavy and my hands started to sweat. Sunny gave it another gentle squeeze before letting go. "Why?" I asked.

Taeyeon suddenly moved, but turns out that she was just shifting her position. Sunny and I was shocked, we both thought that she is finally awake. A few seconds later, Taeyeon stopped moving when she finally found a comfortable position.

"She doesn't want you to worry too much about her" Sunny  said while we both look at Taeyeon. I sighed. "You would understand that, right?" she said. I nodded my head in defeat. Yes, I truly understand that. I might even do the same if Taeyeon and I switch places. "Also, she said that he wants to be with you happily. Enjoying everything without making you worry."

We both jumped a little in shock when we heard Taeyeon mumble something, we couldn't understand it so we didn't really notice it.

"I understand, but she doesn't have to hide it from me...I can always–"

I was about to say that I can always take care of her if she ever told me about her condition but Sunny cut my sentence.

"I think it is better that you talk to her about that instead" she said with a sad smile and hel my hand again. Sunny's hands felt soft and warm...and surprisingly comforting. I thought that I will be uncomfortable with the skinships that she's intiating...but I'm not.. "I'll go home for a bit and fix some stuff there, will you be okay here? I think Tae's gonna wake up at any moment now" she said, looking a little guilty that she'll be leaving me alone with Taeyeon.

"I don't mind" I said and smiled, I really don't mind. I want to talk to her about this anyways.

"Thank you" Sunny said before standing up "I'll be going now" she added before bowing, we smiled at each other before she left.

I looked at Taeyeon and noticed that her eyes are moving as she sleep. She must be dreaming about something.

She could've told me about this earlier, so that I wouldn't be so shocked about it. I mean, I will be shocked of course, if she told me earlier. I just can't explain why I'm a little upset about this...

Think of it. You know...that feeling when you're with someone and everything seems so normal and then one day, you just find out that she is sick. And worse; has cancer.

"mmm" I heard her mumble. I watch as her eyes slowly open and adjust on the room's light. Our eyes met when she finally got used to the brightness caused by the white room. She smiled at me.

I stayed still. I didn't smile back.

"What" she said, not asked.

"What what?" I said back, not showing any emotion. I tried to show her that I am serious.

It seems like it worked.

Taeyeon sat up from the hospital bed and pulled the white blanket up to her chest, worry painted all over her face. "I'm sorry" she said. I didn't answer. "Sunny probably told you about this already..." she added and frowned. How can she be so adorable at moments like this? "...and I hope you understand why I decided not to tell you earlier"

I stood up and sat beside her on her bed, she scooted a little on the side so that I will have enough space to sit on. She held my hand. I looked at the serum that is pinned on her right hand, I suddenly felt shivers run through my spine.

"Fany-ah" she said, I looked at her. She never called me that. It feels so weird, like warm and fuzzy. "I want to spend days with you happily, without making you worry about my condition" she added before squeezing my hand. I sighed.

"But you know I still feel upset somehow because you didn't tell me earlier" I said, she frowned again. Why is she so freaking cute? "now that I found out about this, can you please tell me everything now?"

Taeyeon sighed as she fix her sitting position and placed her head on my shoulder. My heart jumped a little. But my hand is searching for hers, why did she let go?

"There's this tumor that spreaded all over my left kidney." she said, my heart broke by just the thought of it. "My doctor saw it on the day the accident happen, but it was not that serious at first..."

"How can a ing tumor not be serious?" I said, Taeyeon lifted her head up and looked at me. I blushed after realizing what I just said and covered my mouth with both of my hands, Taeyeon chuckled.

She placed her head on my shoulder again before grabbing my hand then intertwined it with her soft hand. Finally.

"I know, that doctor must be stupid. He just gave me prescriptions for the tumor to reduce it's growth speed" she said, emphasizing the last sentence.

"Yup, that doctor IS stupid" I claimed. I felt her nod.

"On the day that Sunny decided to sleep over–"

"You felt pain?"

"Lots of pain" she said, her other hand gestured the part where it hurts. "Then we rushed to the hospital and found out that the tumor has grown rapidly and finally covered my whole kidney" she added. My eyes suddenly closed shut, thinking about the scene.

The scene where Taeyeon was rushed to the hospital and finds out about that heartbreaking news.

I opened my eyes again when I felt her hand squeeze mine.

"The doctor said there is only one way to get rid of it. Removing one kidney" she said, I gasped.

"No" I said, I felt her nod again.

"They said it was a 50/50 chance of me surviving. They said that removing the tumor on my kidney is dangerous since it's too big" she said, I felt the sadness on her voice. Now it's my turn to squeeze her hand. "But they told me that they will to their best on the surgery, to keep me alive"

"They better do" I said. Taeyeon looked at me again, but our hands still intertwined.

"What if I don't make it?" she asked, my heart scattered to pieces when she said that.

"I know you will" I said, I felt a tear fall on my eye. Taeyeon wiped it with her thumb and showed a little smile.

I couldn't resist it. After seeing that little smile of hers, I can't help not to kiss her.

So I pulled her closer and locked my lips onto hers. We kissed slowly and softly, like we have all the time in the world. She wiped the tears that are falling continuously from my eyes with her thumb, I kissed her even more.

After a few tears and soft kisses later, I pulled away and said;

"Please"