Sharing is Caring

50/50

It's raining so hard outside, and I just finished my session with my last patient before Taeyeon. I know it's cold outside, why not make a coffee?

I poured water on my heater and waited for the water to heat up. I decided to scroll on my phone since it takes a while for the water to completely boil. I pressed the Facebook app and scrolled down on my news feed. Same old stuff can be found. Friends hanging out, couples, brokenhearted posts and more. I pressed on the home button, and switched to Snapchat.

I played with my favorite dog filter for a while before actually taking a picture. Once I'm satisfied, I swiped on the sides for different filters. I stopped at the filter that shows the time, 3:20pm. Hmm. She'll come at any minute now.

I decided to stick with a simple filter and input a simple caption "Killing time with my fav filter x" Add to story. Done!

*click* ah the water has heated up. I opened one of my drawers to get a pack of powdered coffee. I got one for my self and an extra in case Taeyeon wants to have coffee too. I suddenly thought that since it's raining hard outside, will Taeyeon still come over? I will totally understand if she wont.

While I was blowing the hot air coming from my coffee, my question was answered when I heard a knock on the door. She still came

A girl in blue sweaters and black pants holding an umbrella and is slightly wet from the rain greeted me. She looks good.

"Cold?" I asked as a greeting
"Yeah" she answered shyly showing a small smile. Cute

"Come on in, I have coffee" I gestured her to go in, as usual
"That would be great, thank you" she sat down on my office sofa "sharing is caring" she added. I let out a soft chuckle. "Here" I handed her my coffee "I just prepared that right before you arrived. I can make a new one for me"

She took the cup from my hands and mouthed 'thanks' before sipping from the cup.

"I thought you wouldn't come because of the rain" I said
"It's fine" she answered "I cant make you wait for nothing" she added with a smile. I smiled back and turned around immediately to avoid blushing. Why do I feel so nervous again?

***


I made another coffee for my self and we drank there silently for about 5 minutes before starting the session.

"She broke up with me" she said, breaking the silence in the office right after she finish drinking her coffee.
I almost choked "What? Why?"

"She told me that she's tired of me" she answered "I understand since I'm also tired of my self"

"What do you mean?" I asked
"I always feel tired, even if I didnt do anything"

"You must be overthinking. Your mind is tired, so it has trouble controlling your body so it makes you think that you're tired as well." I explained. It's true.

"Fair enough" she answered coolly

"She broke up with you, and you're fine with it?" seriously, I see no sign of sadness or anything after a break up. Like, she's totally fine with it.

"Hmm. To be honest, I am fine with it." She claimed "I cant feel anything for her. I told you, everything is not the same as before."

"Ah, I totally understand" I nodded "Feelings fade too. Especially when that person is not the right person for you. Because, your feelings will not fade if that person is the one for you." I explained

"Based on experiences?" she smirked

"Stop changing the subject" I retorted

"So it's true?"

"What's true?"

"Tell me about your past experiences, you seem like an expert when it comes to this" she teased. I can clearly sense that she's teasing

"I'm sorry Taeyeon, but I am not allowed to talk about my private life since we are here for your purpose. You're my patient, we should talk about you, not me" I explained

"Okay chill, am I not allowed to tease you?" she said

"No." I said seriously. Her face changed into a bored expression, and I forced my self not to laugh at it.

"You're no fun" she crossed her arms like a child. Cute.

"Just kidding, of course you can" I playfully pushed her shoulder "just dont go too much"

She smiled. Cute. "Of course I wont"

I noticed that this is her way of temporarily forgetting about everything. It's her way of not letting her self overthink. And its a positive action.

"So, lets go back" I took back the serious atmosphere "tell me about you and your girlfriend."

"EX girlfriend" she corrected.

"Ah yes, I know. I'm sorry. Continue."

"We've been together for 2 years." She started "just a normal relationship. Fight, love, fight, love over and over. We eventually grew tired of each other." She paused for a moment to think "tired of me, actually."

"What do you usually fight about?"
"Me"
"Why you?"
"I'm hard to understand." She claimed and nodded
"But I can understand you" I assured her. I know how she feels. I encountered several patients with the same situation.

"You dont even know all of my stories yet." She retorted.

"I know. But I will, soon." I nodded "I will listen" I smiled. She smiled back.

When she smiles..I feel comfortable. Her smile is warm and gentle. It's soothing. Why is that?

She looks at her wrist watch "Are you going to go somewhere?" I asked, noticing the sudden gesture.

"I uh..yes." she said stuttering "I'm sorry. Can I book an appointment tomorrow?" She asked

Tomorrow is a Saturday
"tomorrow is my day-off" I answered.

"Your day off is on a Saturday?" She asked "is that even considered as a 'day off'? Not the usual weekend?"

"You know, I got lucky since my day off is on a Saturday" I answered "some are still working on a Saturday and I am blessed to have that day as my day off. Resulting for two consecutive days free from work."

"Oh" she answered back "I guess I'll see you on..Monday?"

"Sure. Give me your number and I'll inform you with my last shift time." I got my pen and notebook and handed it to her. I watch her as she move the pen on the paper, concentrated on what she's writing. And then she handed my pen and paper back.

"Thanks" she said after writing
"I'll see you on Monday, Taeyeon" she stood up after I speak.

"See you, Doctor Hwang" she bowed and left.

 

I'm getting used to this routine; of how we end the day.