I Think I Like Her

50/50

[TF>JS]
"Jess! U busy?"

[JS>TF]
"Kinda...but I wont be until night. Something wrong Miyoung?"

I rolled my eyes at her reply. How many times do I have to tell her not to call me that?
[TF>JS]
"Something like that. Can we meet later?"

[JS>TF]
"Coming from a therapist, what is it now DOC?"

[TF>JS]
"Wth Jess! I know you'll be available at 7pm. I'll wait for you at Starbucks near your building."

[JS>TF]
"This better be good. And your treat."

[TF>JS]
"Ugh, fine. As long as you'll come"

[JS>TF]
"I will. ;) See you at 7, Miyoungie~"

I locked my phone once I read her reply. Jessica comes from a wealthy family. She even owns this clothing company named Blanc&Eclare, she has enough money for herself, but she still managed to fool me with her "your treat" thingy just to meet me.

I know I am so lucky to have her as my bestfriend, despite the cold attitude, her icy glare that could scare even ghosts, and dork side, I am truly blessed to have her.

~~


"What did you get?" Jessica said once she found where I'm seated at the place I told her to meet me

"Your faves. Green tea frappe, and cake." I said, slightly pushing her drink and plate to her direction.

"Good" she said, finally smiling after getting what she wants "begin"

I took a deep breath. What I am going to say right now is the truth. The answer to all of my questions.

"I think I like her."

To my surprise, she is not even shocked at my revelation. She took a sip on her drink.

"Nothing? No reaction? Not even a single 'hmm?'" I asked. This person sitting across me is probably the coldest person that I know.

She places her drink at the table "I told you, it's okay to like her. Nothing wrong that. What seems to be the problem here?"

"As a person who has a religion and has beliefs and rules to follow, my mind keeps on telling me that this is wrong."

"Just because you like someone with the same , it doesn't mean it's wrong. There is no rule that says that you are not allowed to like someone with the same gender as you. Love is not a choice. Your gender is not a choice. You are created this way. Loving someone with the same as you is not a choice. Love is not a choice, it's a feeling. You cannot chose who to love. You cant blame your self for that." She explained

"But I'm afraid of what other people will think. I'm afraid that I can't maintain my reputation, my job, my persona."

"Look, we are made to love others. And you're doing it. Nothing wrong with that. As long as you're happy, dont mind what other people say or think. They need to understand some of life's reality, and they need to accept. It's not their life after all, it's yours."

I sat there quietly, absorbing everything that she said. "just the exact words that I need."

She smiled. "Coming from a person that works on a room full of answers, I find it hard to believe that you cant solve this by your self."

"I am the person that gives the answers, not the room, silly. And just because I give answers, doesn't mean I dont have questions."

"You could be really deep sometimes" she teased, I rolled my eyes at her "tell me about this patient of yours."

"Her name is Kim Taeyeon, same age as us." I stopped, thinking about what I'm going to say about her "as a therapist, I am not allowed to share anything about me to the patient. But she makes me open up for her. She makes me want to tell stories about me."

"I think she feels the same."

"What makes you say that?"

"She wont tell you anything or everything if she doesnt feel comfortable with you right? She probably went to see you since she does not trust anyone. Anyone but you, meaning she could tell everything to you. You can make her open up to you as well."

"Why do you know that?"

She shrugs her shoulders "I just know"

"You're good for a therapist." I joked. Seriously. Based on everything she said to me, she's not bad as a therapist. "Maybe even better than me"

"Nah, I'm happy with who I am right now." She puts a slice of cake in "and, hey, you're a great therapist."

"You're probably saying that because I'm the only therapist that you know."

She laughs loud, like a dolphin. The place is not really crowded, thankfully. This girl..really. "anyways" she said once she has calmed down "does she know?"

"That I like her?" I asked, she nodded "no... Not yet.." I sipped my own drink

"Are you planning to tell her?"

"Maybe. But I need more time."

"I understand" a smirk suddenly appeared on her face "but I doubt that it will take long, since you feel all lovey dovey"

My face instantly heated up with what she said. Its true. Controlling my feelings for her is getting harder and harder when I see her. She just makes my heart race effortlessly. "We'll see about that"

She let out a very playful sigh "ah, Miyoung is a big girl now" she said with a huge grin on her face "I am happy for you" she added.

I don't know what to say. I am indeed lucky to have her. I took a sip on my drink and hummed a simple 'hmm'.

"I have never felt this way before" I confessed.

"Really? You're saying that when you just broke up with Nickhun like some weeks before?

"No-Yes–I mean..I" I stutter. I am out of words. What exactly is happening to me?

Jessica smirked "what?"

"It's just..I dont know. Taeyeon and I... We've been together for a short period of time. But yet, she's making me feel a lot of things. Its unbeliveble" I explained while looking outside the window on the busy streets of Seoul. I saw a very familiar figure. A short figure. I recognize how she walks. Is that...Taeyeon?

I didn't know that I was zoning out and my eyes are glued to that small person who's buying an ice cream on a ice cream truck. With her short height, she tiptoed so that she could reach in and pay, which is absolutely adorable. She's wearing black pants matched with a blue hoodie paired with sneakers. Simple.

"I going to guess..that's her?" Jessica asked, looking at the same person that I have my eyes glued on.

Taeyeon suddenly looked at our direction and met my eyes. A smile suddenly appeared on her face when she saw me. Out of all the people walking pass her, she saw me, sitting there inside the cafe beside the glass window, the only boundary that is keeping us apart. Then, she waved at me, with that smile of hers.

I cant help but to smile. My heart fluttering as well. It is so weird, I just saw her. No words are exchanged, just glances. A far distance between us. But still, she managed to make me feel this way.

"Yes. It's her"