Don't Offend Him

Twice Upon A Time

Jeongyeon was having a peaceful morning making toast in her defibrillator toaster with her No-Jam dongsaeng, hearing the sizzle of the butter, the wafting smell of the cream cheese and slightly burnt bread makes her mornings in the dormitory less...

Worrying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Until she found a bloody spider webbing just on top of the bloody fridge.

"Ch-Chaeyoung..." She stuttered as she pointed at the spider who was making its way on top of the fridge and onto the handle. 

When Chaeyoung looked at to where Jeongyeon was pointing, she flinched. A scream? None. It was stuck in vying to get out but, none. Just a flinch, her stumbling back to her unnie, two chairs knocked to the ground and a grip as hard as an iron clip latched onto Jeongyeon. Was there pain? No. 

Jeongyeon was too scared to feel pain and Chaeyoung's heart was beating loud and hard to notice her death grip and possibly the burning toast on Jeongyeon's defibrillator toaster. 

They were just stuck there. Frozen in time.

They stared at the long legs the spider had. It twitched. Up, down went the front legs of the spider.

It was taunting them. 

And oh boy were they intimidated. 

Stare. 

They just stared. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


That's when Momo came in. 

And, oh, was she hungry. 

Without noticing the two girls who seemed to have lost their voices trying to warn Momo not to go to the fridge and hold the handle because there was a bloody huge spider perched in there and was busy staring down at them, she yawned and automatically reached out for the fridge;

Fuzzy.

It was... 

Fuzzy. 

A shiver went down her spine and everything seemed to be in slow-motion.

Momo's eyes trailed the handle and there, underneath her right hand, in between her fingers poked out three fuzzy legs of a spider. 

And finally... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


There was shouting. 

She flung her hand away from the handle, accidentally including the spider in the process. It flew over her head. 

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung fumbled backwards, trying to get away from the trajectory of the said arachnid and there in landed like nothing happened;

On the counter, where Jeongyeon was working.

The toast is way beyond than burnt.

And their hearts were still pounding. 

But another round of shriek came from Chaeyoung, as the spider walked silently towards them. 

"M-Momo!" Jeongyeon gasped out. 

"Why didn't you tell me!?" Momo wailed but was also frozen in place. 

"I— I—" Was Jeongyeon's only reply as Momo cried. 

"Dahyunnie!" Was Chaeyoung's resort. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


But no one came to their rescue. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A stare off began.

Between two girls stuck in the corner, filled with dread that the spider would just suddenly jump on them and terrorize them and well... 

With the spider.

The spider, that Jeongyeon was conviced, taunting them with those icky eyes and fuzzy looking mouth and long, slender legs. 

Momo, who wasn't in the corner, ran away as fast as she can. 

"Momo! Y-you little—" Jeongyeon was cut off when the spider inched forward. 

Chaeyoung lets out a little squeak, her eyes closed and her head burrowed further into her unnie's shoulder.

The push from Chaeyoung caused Jeongyeon to stumble further into the sink... 

Ah yes, brilliant. 

Glass. 

Jeongyeon eyed the glass on the sink. Then eyed the spider. Then back at the glass on the sink. And then to the spider. 

She's gonna try it. 

She's brave! 

She can do it! 

SHE KNOWS SHE CAN! 

And with a sudden burst of courage she grabbed the glass, turned to the counter where the spider was pearched on and... 

 

 

 

 

 


Gone. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was gone. 

Jeongyeon lets out a breath that she was actually surprised that she held on for too long. 

(Now that she thinks about it, she suddenly felt light headed)

She nudges the smaller girl and said, "Chaeyoung... The spider's gone." 

The girl whipped her head to look at the counter.

"." Chaeyoung swore under her breath. 

(Jeongyeon was about to scold the younger girl but she ain't Jihyo so instead...) 

"Yup. indeed." Jeongyeon replied as the two tried to calm down. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Emphasis on tried. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because after a few seconds of laughing at each other's faces, they realized that they were both screwed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The spider's somewhere in the dorm. 

They both looked at each other realization set on their faces. 

A synchronous shout of distress echoed the kitchen. 

"!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sana and Mina came home to a dormitory as clean as it can be and three girls wearing gloves and masks. One held a blow torch (don't ask Mina or Sana, Jeongyeon insists on having one for eating meat or something) while the other hand had a broom, the other had a pan and the other (it's Momo) is on top of the couch in the living room, her eyes scanning the floor, the walls, the windows, every nook and cranny frantically. 

"Uh..." Sana raised an eyebrow as Mina shuffled in the room quietly. "What the heck is happening here?" 

As soon as Sana steps on the wooden floors of their dorm and Mina placing a few paper bags on the kitchen counter, Momo shrieked and Chaeyoung was  clamouring to Mina. 

"Don't place the groceries there!" Jeongyeon pointed at Mina with a broom. 

Chaeyoung raises the paper bags (Mina squeaked in the process. The poor girl had no idea what was happening) and shoved them in a plastic bag and into the bed rooms it went. 

"Okay... Guys, this isn't funny. Are you guys playing doctor with the toaster again?" Sana crosses her arms across her chest. 

" the toaster!" Momo shouted. " the kitchen!" 

"Yeah!" Chaeyoung's voice was heard from the bed room. " the kitchen!" 

"Did you guys just swear at us?" Mina gaped at the two girls across the kitchen to the living room.

("Did Momo just... Curse the kitchen?" Sana said under her breath. "Never thought I'd see the day." ) 

"We ain't swearing at ya. And leave the bloody kitchen Mina! You don't know what happened in there." Jeongyeon waved at Mina with the broom and glared at the corners of the room. 

"Keep your eyes open. It could be anywhere!" Jeongyeon continued, her voice shaking, quivering. 

"What could be anywhere?" Sana asked as Mina padded towards the living room and shaking off her jacket. 

"The bloody vermin! The demon!" Jeongyeon replied as Momo cried, "It crawled on my palm!" 

"What is it?!" Sana impatiently asked as she stomped on the floor. 

"AAAAAAAGH!" A scream from the distance. 

Jeongyeon leaped into action, "THE SPAWN OF SATAN HAS RETURNED." 

And ran to where Chaeyoung was. 

Momo froze on the couch, shaking her head and fumbled for her phone. 

Sana and Mina looked at each other and followed the older girl into the bed room. 

As they calmly walked towards the room, they could hear Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung scream on top of their lungs and Momo raising her voice to whoever she was on the phone with. And as soon as they turned to the left, they heard shouting:

"MINA DUCK!" 

But it was too late;

The Shiba Inu look-a-like screamed along with the two girls as Mina was face to face with the spawn of Satan:

There in front of her, was a huge, black spider hanging on its on thread... 

IT WAS ON HER FACE. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And that was the loudest they have heard Mina shriek. 

She fumbled backwards, her arms waving like crazy in front of her face but the spider was still there on the door frame, hanging on a silk thread, not even slightly bothered. Mina tripped on the little pink mat and fell on her . She whimpered, tears running down her face. Her hands were shaking due to the fear and adrenalin pumping in her veins. 

Sana helped her up while screaming and led Mina to the living room where Momo was shouting at the phone, asking Dahyun to come home. Along the desperate call for Dahyun, Sana hears the two girls at the hall shrieking trying to catch the arachnid with their weapon of choice. 

"Are you okay, Minari?" Sana asked, her eyebrows scronched together, worried for the girl she sat on the couch. 

Mina nodded and Sana continued to rub her hands on Mina's back to ease the young Japanese's feeling. 

"Dahyun-ah!" Momo whined. 

Sana rolled her eyes.

"Could you pipe down!" Sana chastised the older Japanese. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It seems that Dahyun would be coming home late. 

Nayeon arrived half an hour after Momo's desperate call for Dahyun. 

She laughed loud upon seeing Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung and Momo's state. She was a bit worried about Mina but also laughed when she heard the incident. (Well... It was funny)

And then she saw the spider. 

And she cried. 

To which Mina and Sana rolled their eyes at, Jeongyeon laughed at, Chaeyoung worried at, and Momo—

Momo... 

Well... 

She was still trying her best to contact Dahyun and to which Dahyun would chuckle and reply with the most gentle voice, 

"Patience. I just need to finish this first, okay? I'll come back as soon as I can unnie..."

Tzuyu who came home with Jihyo (to which Chaeyoung joked that it was a date and to which Tzuyu lets out a flustered no and their leader blushing) they both... 

Attempted to remove the vermin from their room. 

Emphasis on attempted. 

And also emphasis on the shouting of how they found the spider disgusting. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A second attempt. 

All of them came in. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


But it was not there anymore. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was about lunch time when Dahyun arrived. She was bearing a huge smile and a bunch of take out hung on her arm.

One, she stepped in the dorm, her socks on the wooden floor. 

Two, she took in a breath. 

Three, screams. 

It took Dahyun moments to finally remember Momo's calls. 

"I thought they were able to bring Mr. Spider out." Dahyun laughed. 

Placing the bags on the kitchen counter, she walked calmly towards the room. She peeked around the corner and found her friends clamoring, pushing each other towards the arachnid which was on the middle of the floor, its pincers wavimg at them, teasing them to at least try and get him put of the room. 

Dahyun shakes her head, amused. 

She took several steps forward, crouched down. 

To the others, it felt as if it was in slow motion. 

At last! 

Their saviour arrived! 

"Hello there, Mr. Spider..." Dahyun greeted the arachnid and scooped it with her bear hands. 

They all gaped. The spider barely moved. 

"Why?!" Mina shrieked (to everyone's surprise), pointed at Dahyun. 

Before cooing at it again, she frowned at Mina. 

"Stop pointing at it, Mina unnie. You're offending him." Dahyun pouted. 

Appalled by her response, their gapes were larger and Dahyun walked out of the room with a huge grin on her face. 

All their shoulders sagged and let out a relief and a chuckle of disbelief. 

Only Dahyun would say that an arachnid would be offended. 

Only Dahyun. 

"I got cheese balls!" Dahyun shouted from outside. 

Momo shot out from the group first. 

And a scream. 

"Dahyunnie! You did not get rid of the Spider!" Momo shrieked. 

"Stop shouting! You're offending Mr. Spider!" Dahyun retorted. 

"YOU'RE offending ME!" Momo shrieked even louder. 

Sana shuddered and went out. "You better not keep that spider, Dahyun!" 

Jihyo followed as she finally struck with realization that Dahyun MIGHT keep the spawn of Satan (Jeongyeon's words that she agrees with), "She's right you little bug hoarder!" 

"I don't hoard bugs!" Came Dahyun's refute. 

"How can I offend a spider?" Mina murmured. 

Chaeyoung giggled, "You didn't unnie..." 

"Oh thank the heavens." Nayeon lets out a sigh as she slid her back on the wall and lied on the floor. "Thank God for Kim Dahyun." 

Tzuyu pats Jeongyeon's back who seemed to have most of the stress this day.